PDA

View Full Version : Help with some equipment.

CyberWyld
2007-08-18, 01:58 PM
Tomorrow's the big day when I get to run my Peacemaker Coreclass I posted on here a few weeks back. We've got it all ready to go and I'm excited to play it. That being said, I was wondering what folks WOULD have done with the weapons my character will be using. It goes like this....

My character is the eldest of 3 brothers. The 2 younger were twin boys and both very different. One was michevious and a bit of a hell raiser (CN), the other always did his parent's bidding and was respectful and caring (LG). The two boys carried toy carvings of smokepowder pistols around with them that their father had made them. He'd seen the guns on a trip he took with his order and his younger boys always liked to hear the story's that involved the pirates he saw handling them. Eventually the boys are killed and my charcter takes their bodies to the church...still grasping thier toys. The church hierchy was slain in the same attack the boys were killed in. So all high lvl casting ability is pretty much gone. BUT through the combined efforts of the church and some grace from Kossuth the boys are "reincarnated" in a sense and bound to the toy guns. Each boy to his respective toy pistol. These become the weapons that my character uses and are magical items. They only function when the trio is a complete set. If ANY Of the 3 are ever seperated, broken/killed...both guns simply return to their toy state and become useless. These weapons were designed to LVL with my character and stay ON PAR with the rest of the group. They will never surpass the other PC's weapons, but my advantage is that I'll never need to worry about getting different weapons. SOOOO after all that...my question is. What would you have done for the guns? lvl 1-20? We gave each gun a different ability or + every other lvl. So gun 1 lvl's at lvl 3. Gun 2 lvl's at lvl 4. So on and so forth. :) Thanks to those who care to respond and sorry for the lenghty post.

I should also note that each gun with have an ego modifier that I will occasionally have to roll against for certain things. Especially my target in combat. :D

Hasta

CyberWyld
2007-08-18, 03:35 PM
can I get a bump, bump?

Hasta

Kiren
2007-08-18, 03:57 PM
the gun mage class has the magelock pistol that gets skills like a familar, that can work

Dryad
2007-08-18, 04:43 PM
Wasn't Gun mage a class in the Iron Kingdoms game? Just to help you out a bit, here.

Kiren
2007-08-18, 04:46 PM
Wasn't Gun mage a class in the Iron Kingdoms game? Just to help you out a bit, here.

yes it is, better is that they have it open source

knightsaline
2007-08-18, 10:31 PM
Heh, I can see this person calling themselves Dante, calling his pistols Ebony and Ivory and wearing an amulet of Visage of the Deity, using it to perform ridiculously cool stunts. or, if the pistols were male personality, Lucius and Umbre.

Good Back story and leveling of weapons. Care to post the stats for what could only be described as Awakened, Reincarnated Masterwork Flintlock pistols?

CyberWyld
2007-08-19, 11:07 PM
Heh, I can see this person calling themselves Dante, calling his pistols Ebony and Ivory and wearing an amulet of Visage of the Deity, using it to perform ridiculously cool stunts. or, if the pistols were male personality, Lucius and Umbre.

Good Back story and leveling of weapons. Care to post the stats for what could only be described as Awakened, Reincarnated Masterwork Flintlock pistols?

LOL I actually did not jack this guy from DMC. Well at least not on purpose. I've found this to be true though. Most of us that take any time to homebrew anything...do so from ideas or concepts that we were fond of. Hell sometimes I think it may even be one's subconcious kicking in and saying "Oooh man this would be sweet"! Then before you know it..you have this "original" idea...that's not so original. Everyone copies everyone is the reality of it. All of us stand on the shoulders of giants that at one time had an original idea. But really...their's wasn't original either, hell were did orcs come from to put them in D&D? Or even Dragons for that matter. Toilken maybe? I'm not sure I'm just saying. And he got his inspiration from Greek Mithology? LOL I dunno. My point is we all cheat a little I think. :P At any rate, if this character concept/background/layout did copy someone/something it wasn't intentional.

Hasta