PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Demon Lord - Character creation advice?

Jeivar
2017-11-16, 05:49 PM
My friend just bought this game and showed it to me the other day. We're going to kick off a campaign this Saturday, and I like to plan my character ahead of time, especially when I'm not very familiar with the game.
I don't have the books in front of me, and we didn't have time to go into the magic or insanity stuff, but are there any must-haves or pitfalls for me to keep in mind when it comes to building a character? I'm thinking of making either a vampire or a revenant, but what classes I'll give them remains to be seen. I DO have a strong preference for melee monsters.

obryn
2017-11-21, 10:14 AM
There is seriously almost zero character building at 0-level. :smallsmile: Go hog wild. Have fun.

Just plan to go one of 4 ways - warrior, rogue, priest, or magician - when you hit 1st, and plan your stats accordingly. That's it.

e: And make sure the GM is okay with Vampire. They are more powerful than other races, and the GM should forbid them if in doubt. Lizardmen are in the same category, along with a few others.

Need_A_Life
2017-12-04, 10:02 AM
It's hard to mess up character creation. I embraced the lovely random tables and rolled for race and gender too and had a blast.
If you're using Uncertain Faiths, then I'd recommend using those Priest variants to the core version.

And I highly recommend picking up a bit of magic, no matter your concept.