PDA

View Full Version : Improving the Save DCs of Items?

ATHATH
2017-11-17, 03:23 AM
What ways exist to improve the save DCs of magic items that aren't specific to wands, scrolls, rods, or staves (things specific to other types of items are fine, though)?

Jowgen
2017-11-17, 03:59 AM
Well, there is the Enhance Item [item creation] feat, from EHL (explicitly not an epic feat).

It combos well with the Artisan feats for accross the board application. May also combo with the rules for cooperative crafting, allowing someone with a better key ability modifier to provide a boost.

Zaq
2017-11-17, 08:01 AM
I don’t have my books open, but doesn’t binding Karsus give a bonus when using magical items? I forget if it’s a bonus to save DC, CL, or both, though.

heavyfuel
2017-11-17, 08:59 AM
Staffs (staves?) actually use your ability scores, so you could just improve your own to get a higher DC. Also, Spell Focus works with them too

Staffs use the wielder’s ability score and relevant feats to set the DC for saves against their spells. Unlike with other sorts of magic items, the wielder can use his caster level when activating the power of a staff if it’s higher than the caster level of the staff.

Jowgen
2017-11-17, 04:58 PM
I don’t have my books open, but doesn’t binding Karsus give a bonus when using magical items? I forget if it’s a bonus to save DC, CL, or both, though.

Indeed, Heavy Magic ability, +2 DC of any magic items used. Accessible via Practiced Binder as well.

Nifft
2017-11-17, 05:01 PM
What ways exist to improve the save DCs of magic items that aren't specific to wands, scrolls, rods, or staves (things specific to other types of items are fine, though)?

Master of Masks has a +2 bonus to mask item DCs.