PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Mundane equiptment for inquisitors

Pinjata
2017-11-17, 04:58 AM
So, my party will find corpses of four lvl 1 inquisitors (two paladins, one cleric, one rogue) and I want to make their loot as fluff-y as possible. Now these are ordinary dnd 5e "inquisitors" and have no magical items, but should posess silvered weapons plus holy water. I wonder what else would these guys have with them that coul tell them apart from ordinary brigands/adventurers?

If anyone feels like I'd really apprecaite a list of equiptment (weapons included) that such a party would have on them and their horses. They can also have along a cart.

thank you :)

JellyPooga
2017-11-17, 07:00 AM
With a cart?

Cage
Manacles
Rope
Portable Stocks
Brazier
Portable Shrine(?)
Fancy Hats
Religious Texts
Tools of Unpleasantness

JackPhoenix
2017-11-17, 07:05 AM
Nice red uniforms. It is, after all, one of their chief weapons, along with surprise, fear, almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and some others.

Unoriginal
2017-11-17, 07:12 AM
So, my party will find corpses of four lvl 1 inquisitors (two paladins, one cleric, one rogue) and I want to make their loot as fluff-y as possible. Now these are ordinary dnd 5e "inquisitors" and have no magical items, but should posess silvered weapons plus holy water. I wonder what else would these guys have with them that coul tell them apart from ordinary brigands/adventurers?

If anyone feels like I'd really apprecaite a list of equiptment (weapons included) that such a party would have on them and their horses. They can also have along a cart.

thank you :)

Silvered weapons at level 1 implies one of them was pretty rich. Though I'm wondering why the people who killed them didn't steal the more expensive stuff.

opaopajr
2017-11-17, 07:45 AM
Manacles
Rope
Ink
Ink Pen
Parchment
Chalk
Hourglass
Sealing Wax
Signet Ring
Signal Whistle
Gavel (small hammer)
Holy Symbol
Caltrops
Piton & Hammer to seal rooms.

Pinjata
2017-11-17, 10:07 AM
Thanks so much, guys :) It is exactly what I needed.

@JackPhoenix :D :D :D

@Unoriginal They were werevolves during full moon. Got in, surprized and massacred sleeping party and went forth.

Slipperychicken
2017-11-17, 10:54 AM
Remember that clerics and paladins can produce their own holy water with 25gp and any first level spell slot. PHB 151-152.

-Some cult-y uniforms associated with inquisitors (DC 5 religion check to identify)
-Journals detailing accounts of their travels, the trials and investigations they've conducted, evidence collected, testimony delivered, sentences carried out
-Books for the inquisition to consult (i.e. "Of Evill Sorceries done of Daemons in no Humane Shape", "On Religion", "The Witch-Cult in [Region Name]", etc)
-A ledger so they can document travel expenses for their parent organization
-A stamped, signed, and marked document which proves their identity as inquisitors and guarantees their freedom of movement under the law
-Badges or amulets to indicate membership in the inquisition
-A branding-iron used to brand persons found guilty of some crimes, like adultery or blasphemy
-A whip used to carry out lashings, a stick for beatings

Unoriginal
2017-11-17, 11:33 AM
Just to say, but for D&D, either you have the "evil cultist" inquisitors who go around the countryside torturing and killing innocents for their "sins", or you have the "actual good person" inquisitors who are affiliated to a good god or similar entity and who are definitively not doing the killing and torturing.

Deities like Pelor or Corellon aren't going to tolerate people doing evil things in their name.