PDA

View Full Version : A new players handbook!

Azaa
2007-08-18, 05:26 PM
Hi! I am making a new version of the players handbook. Its not like 4.0 version, no its just going to have classes and items ect. made by other people then the creators of D&D. I have made a new race that players can be also a class to go with the race. Uh I know this is pretty short but if you have ideas for D&D that you want published then just say so! I'll take every idea, even if its weird. So thank you if you have some ideas for the book!:smallbiggrin:

Kiren
2007-08-18, 05:37 PM
Ive got ideas, One is Mutations, genetic advantages, like a elf with wings, with pure blood elven parents, in place of the starting feat, statue magic, the ability to take control of statues

Azaa
2007-08-18, 05:40 PM
Hmm I like the statue thing alot! Oh and thank you for your ideas! I'll make sure there added.

Kiren
2007-08-18, 05:44 PM
I also had this idea a long time ago, the mirror realm, where everything is opposite, its a mirror image of the material realm, if your pc was a guy, the mirror side would be a girl, chaos and evil are the main alignments in civilizations in the mirror realm

Azaa
2007-08-18, 05:47 PM
Hehe you just have to tell it all do you? Well anyway thats a good idea for a another plane. But wait......isen't there already one like that?:smallconfused:

Kiren
2007-08-18, 05:48 PM
Hehe you just have to tell it all do you? Well anyway thats a good idea for a another plane. But wait......isen't there already one like that?:smallconfused:

i just tell it like i think, i never check

Azaa
2007-08-18, 05:50 PM
Oh i will! I've already added you to the Thank You List.:smalltongue:

Kiren
2007-08-18, 05:52 PM
Oh i will! I've already added you to the Thank You List.:smalltongue:

Already?, I got 1000 more lol

StickMan
2007-08-18, 05:53 PM
Ive got ideas, One is Mutations, genetic advantages, like a elf with wings, with pure blood elven parents, in place of the starting feat, statue magic, the ability to take control of statues

If you like mutations then do me a favor and take a look at my Transmutant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53976)write up.

Kiren
2007-08-18, 05:56 PM
If you like mutations then do me a favor and take a look at my Transmutant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53976)write up.

nice work, Ive seen it befoe

Azaa
2007-08-18, 05:58 PM
Holy Crap! I'll have to come back and finish reading that!

Azaa
2007-08-18, 06:02 PM
Wow.................I posted this like 5 min. ago and I'm already starting to fall behind! (im scared!) :smalleek:

Kiren
2007-08-18, 06:05 PM
*everything on the top of my head*
Gravity magic * half life 2, but with added spells for applying pressure to the enemy*

Class paths *like the rangers choice of style, making different paths for all the class that make everyones choices different ( 3 paths at second level chosing one alters the rest of your progression, and maby even adding more progressions after the progressions*

Dragon pirate *prestige class, the pirate of the skys*

better battles with colossal things *like shadow of the colossus, climbing on the enemys and striking on the head*

drawing magic *draw a creature, it comes to life*

* another concept, from bioshock, a variant of plasnoids*

*edit top of my head, things come back to me*

Azaa
2007-08-18, 06:09 PM
Hey Kiren you got alot of ideas! But maybe to many to be posting on this thread so how about you email me them instead? My email is: [email protected] so ya just send me the ideas to my email.

Kiren
2007-08-18, 06:11 PM
Hey Kiren you got alot of ideas! But maybe to many to be posting on this thread so how about you email me them instead? My email is: [email protected] so ya just send me the ideas to my email.

alright i find it easier to post thought and i don't send emails much

edit: do you mind if i just keep posting here?

Azaa
2007-08-18, 06:42 PM
Uh sure but send me most of your ideas by email plz.

Kiren
2007-08-18, 08:24 PM
Uh sure but send me most of your ideas by email plz.

i dont really like emailing

edit: its better if i post it on the thread, if someone already made one of my ideas

Azaa
2007-08-19, 12:57 AM
Hmmm you have a point........but there could be like 2 versions if it was a spell, kinda like summon monster 1 2 3 4 and on! but other wise......fine but try to go slow posting them on the thread.:smallannoyed:

Oh and if anyone els has a idea plz send it by email other wise tell me first.

Kiren
2007-08-19, 10:47 AM
ok then, the regular players hand book doesnt have anything on sweets

Sugar intake system- power bars and sugar rushes, that eating gives a short but quick boast of energy but gives a drawback later on.

Artist base class-for music theirs bard, what about the artistic type

Azaa
2007-08-19, 12:40 PM
Hmm i dont really under stand the artist thing do you mean like magical paintings?

Harold
2007-08-19, 06:02 PM
if you were going to put weapons in it you could have this one that I made (it's on my thread)

Richter sword

a brown-hilted longsword sits before you, the only special thing it is that hilt dirty, and yet when you feel it, it feels oddly clean.

CL 12 craft arms and armour earthquake, price + 34500
this a +2 earthquake longsword, able to use the spell earthquake (CL 15)

I hope you like it.:smallsmile:

Azaa
2007-08-19, 06:11 PM
Nice...........Hey! Could you come up with more weopons?! Niren's been helpful and I could use some people that give me the most ideas. Oh and i have made a name for the book! Its Players Handbook Fans Ideas.:smallamused:

Kiren
2007-08-19, 06:13 PM
Hmm i dont really under stand the artist thing do you mean like magical paintings?

yes, make craft a class skill, if you ever played okami, if not you fight in that game by drawing slashes over the enemy, draw vines and things to grab onto things. Also a summon monster skill, however that will work, by drawing what is too be summoned, *masterwork paint brush and a masterwork chalk lol*

Azaa
2007-08-20, 11:27 AM
Thats soooooo cool! I would be that class over ranger any day!:smallbiggrin:

Kiren
2007-08-20, 11:47 AM
Werepyre template * a idea ive had for a half vampire, half werewolf, can be contracted by a werepyre or obtaining both diseases, or being born with it*

New god Kiren *yes me, the god of pwnage*

DraPrime
2007-08-20, 03:08 PM
I've got 3 races that I'd love to have published. They were originally designed for my homebrew campaign setting but I've set that project aside and now these races are sitting and gathering dust.

Klazzor (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12845009&postcount=1)
The Changed (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12842889&postcount=1) (feel free to think of a better name)
Bloodlings (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=873019)

Oh yeah also my magic item. The Spike of Undeath (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12740644&postcount=1).

edit: Also, if you're thinking of making a MM later on then PM the Vorpal Tribble. That guy makes some great monsters.

Kiren
2007-08-20, 03:15 PM
I've got 3 races that I'd love to have published. They were originally designed for my homebrew campaign setting but I've set that project aside and now these races are sitting and gathering dust.

Klazzor (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12845009&postcount=1)
The Changed (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12842889&postcount=1) (feel free to think of a better name)
Bloodlings (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=873019)

Oh yeah also my magic item. The Spike of Undeath (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12740644&postcount=1).

edit: Also, if you're thinking of making a MM later on then PM the Vorpal Tribble. That guy makes some great monsters.

nice races.

Harold
2007-08-20, 03:39 PM
hey azaa I made a new weapon that you can put in your book, it's a bit like the other one.

Wind sword

this + 2 keen greatsword grants the ability to use the spell whirlwind once per day. As if you were the person who created it.

CL 16; craft magic arms and armour whirlwind price + 75000gp

hope you like it.:smallsmile:

Kiren
2007-08-20, 04:04 PM
I wonder what i can bring from the depths of my mind.........

Tribal* tribal versions of the classes and races *

tribal tattoos *when applyed give bonuses*

Mirror sheild *10% chance of deflecting spells 5% of hitting the caster when deflected

Zombie slayer* a prc that has bonuses to killing undead*

Mana Varient system *a system where mana is used for spells, instead of spells per day*

Amazoness* a women only human race*

Mana Saber*think lightsaber with arcane handle*

Harold
2007-08-20, 04:37 PM
I made some mistakes on my richter sword so here is a better version

CL 16 craft arms and armour earthquake, price + 34500
this a +2 earthquake longsword, able to use the spell earthquake(as the same level as the creator) once per day

Kiren
2007-08-20, 04:39 PM
I made some mistakes on my richter sword so here is a better version

CL 16 craft arms and armour earthquake, price + 34500
this a +2 earthquake longsword, able to use the spell earthquake(as the same level as the creator) once per day

cool sword

Harold
2007-08-20, 06:37 PM
ya I know the sword is pretty cool. anyways, I made 2 spells a while ago (they were on a thread) and I thought you might want to put them in your players handbook.

X-ray vision
divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 3, Clr 3, Drd 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You or 1 willing subject
Duration:1 min./level
Saving Throw: none (harmless)
Spell Resistance: none (harmless)

This spell allows the subject to see through objects other than 1 foot of
lead or 3 feet of stone and gain a +15 to spot checks and +10 to search.

Change race/Sub-race
universal
Level: Sor/Wiz 8, Drd 7
Components: XP, S, V, DF
Casting time: 10 Min
Range: touch
Target: You or 1 person
Duration: Forever
Spell Resistance: none (harmless)
Saving Throw: will (if not willing)fort 15(see text)

This spell may change your race, it must transform you to a humanoid. You lose your racial bonus and penalty and gain the ones of the chosen race
Divine focus: Hair of creature to be transformed into
XP cost :caster cost: 2000 creature being transformed cost:300 per lvl if saving throw fails, 100 if succeed (DC is fixed at 15)

Sir Conkey
2007-08-20, 08:54 PM
I also had this idea a long time ago, the mirror realm, where everything is opposite, its a mirror image of the material realm, if your pc was a guy, the mirror side would be a girl, chaos and evil are the main alignments in civilizations in the mirror realm

There is already a mirror realm, not like the one you are talking about, its more of a everything is reflective and mirrors are actualy portals to it, there are stats for weapons from it, treat as +1 bleeding I believe (cuz pure mirror would be pretty damn sharp). I would call yours a alternate realm (its not really a mirror if its different anyway). Like the idea though, be cool to have the PC's duplicates come through and try to kill them, even if it is a cliche.

Kiren
2007-08-21, 12:06 PM
Bigbys Slapping hand *i cant make the stats for anything in this life, what its supposed to do is make a ghostly hand slap the enemy, off his feet and do 1d4 damage*

Fighter of the Colossus*A prc thatmakes fighting huge and bigger creatures easier, the bigger, the more skills the prc on the enemy*

*try to get premisson to use the sigal prep spells, if you can,*

Azaa
2007-08-21, 06:53 PM
Sorry guys haven't checked in on the fourm for 2 days. Nice everyone im seeing more faces (or avatars) and thats a good sign! Hmm so yiu changed your sword......ya its better like that cause before it seemed a little.....i dont know it just seemed wrong in some way but the update for it seems better.:smallsmile:

Azaa
2007-08-21, 07:03 PM
Also guys i dont remember if i said this but the book isen't going to be started on unless i have around 1000 new things so come up with simple things aswell like a latern that uses batteries or somthing like that. Hey i just came up with somting :smallbiggrin:

RAGE KING!
2007-08-21, 07:12 PM
meh add my improved dodge feat. i just posted it.

also, my friend came up with an interesting feat: Improved toughness +1 hp per hd. I cant remember the requirements but there was definitely a con requirement and you had to have the toughness feat. Cant remember what else though.

Supreme cleave: Str 19, cleave, great cleave, power attack,+8 bab (from a class with full bab progression, such as barbarian or fighter).

This feat works like great cleave, except you can make a 5 foot step between each attack.

Kiren
2007-08-21, 07:25 PM
Also guys i dont remember if i said this but the book isen't going to be started on unless i have around 1000 new things so come up with simple things aswell like a latern that uses batteries or somthing like that. Hey i just came up with somting :smallbiggrin:

i got a idea

The past, and future are realms, every 1000th year has a realm of its own

DraPrime
2007-08-21, 07:25 PM
1000 new things?!?! By the time you get all that 4e will be out. Anyway, I'll begin making more races to contribute.

Kiren
2007-08-21, 07:30 PM
1000 new things?!?! By the time you get all that 4e will be out. Anyway, I'll begin making more races to contribute.

i think alot of people will stay on 3.5, ill try out a separate campaign in it for my pcs with it, see how it works, i like 3.5 becuase its closeness to 3 makes it easier to use 3rd ed books in it, 4e is getting a massive revamp.

Harold
2007-08-21, 07:42 PM
even if 4th edition is out it wouldn't be that hard to convert it to 4e. well of course with 1000 thing to convert it would but still it wouldn't take really really long.

Kiren
2007-08-21, 07:45 PM
Dark reborn my untested template

Dark Reborn
Celestials that have fallen may turn to the dark, regaining some of their power, but losing their memory in the process, and live normal lives, realizing what they are they gain power over their ability's, but their memory cannot be restored by mortal means.

+6 str +8 dex +8 int +6 wisdom +6 charisma

Dark reborn are usually Chaotic Neutral or chaotic neutral, but losing their memory allow them to be of any alignment

Wings: Half dark angels gain black feathered wings that allow flight speed twice as much as land speed with average maneuverability

La: +5

Kiren
2007-08-21, 07:57 PM
The epic weapon I gave my pc as a joke, for a few fights

*The Unknown rock*
+15 rock, the only blunt vorpal weapon, also unsellable, wielder is automatically proficient *it knocks off heads*
not creatable, given by deity (in my friends case, banjo the god of puppetry gave it to him, he then changed his deity to banjo)

the split path class* ive been kicking this idea around in my head, a class where the character taking it choses his ability's from a list he can chose at each level he advances, making his choice of ability's, make the class unique*

Acrobatic fighter* for those who want to do all those combos, like the people who want to do a flip off a wall and slash at the person on the flip, or the person who wants to jump off of falling stones to get back to solid ground and slash at someone, hire someone to make these, i just make these ideas*

DraPrime
2007-08-21, 08:09 PM
I'll have another race in soon. It just needs some adjustments.

Kiren
2007-08-21, 08:12 PM
Spartan warrior * Think THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!, not master cheif*

Flaw Paralyzed* the flaw for the ultimate rper and for anyone who ever wanted to yell "drag me to the battle!" palidans aren't as set back by this because of their mount, sorry if i offended anyone with this*

Comedian prestige class* dunno how this will work, make sneak attacks by catching your enemy off guard with jokes, give bonuses for jokes*

DraPrime
2007-08-21, 08:28 PM
Here's a feat.

Boast [General]
I'm better than you!.
Prerequisites: Cha 13, Bluff 4 ranks
Benefits: You make a bluff check against you're opponent. If they fail their sense motive check then you gain +1 on all saves as a result of your own improved self image.

Azaa
2007-08-21, 08:41 PM
The Unknown Rock lol! Uh ya I'm waiting for about 1000 things oh and guys, your not the only people giving me ideas. There are other people doing what im doing on other fourm sites about D&D. So ya 1000 wont be a prob.:smallcool:

Kiren
2007-08-21, 08:49 PM
*Very old idea of mine, The Wind blade, basically what it is is a hilt with a long piece of cloth instead of a blade, it doesn't stand up but when sword the cloth is as thick as a adamantine and mithral sword*

*scissor blade, a hilt with scissor blades on it, when stabbing if you roll a 20 it acts as vorpal but cuts the person in half instead of deheading*

Bigbys sticky hand * a old creation of bigby, this one grabs fleeing enemys and prevents them from leaving the battlefeild*

Tin foil blade* a sword weilded by a child, does 1 point of nonlethal damage*

Kiren
2007-08-21, 08:57 PM
*base class Aura Watcher, everyone has a aura and their auras color can determine their personality, this classes abilitys should include detect allignment, healing and aura controling skills, aura blade, aura sheild, armor of aura*

Azaa
2007-08-21, 09:49 PM
Hmm the aura could be added to like the paladin.

Azaa
2007-08-21, 09:56 PM
Hey Kiren i added you to my buddys list since you seem to be a good pal. Oh and if any one els wants to be added then just say so.:smallwink:

Kiren
2007-08-21, 11:01 PM
Hey Kiren i added you to my buddys list since you seem to be a good pal. Oh and if any one els wants to be added then just say so.:smallwink:

thanks i added you too

Kiren
2007-08-21, 11:23 PM
*explosive tag, like explosive rune it explodes, but it must be lighted and written down on paper, papryus, ect. it does twice as much damage as explosive rune but must be set on fire*

*chakra ninja, Naruto style make a spell list, but with Jutsu, and level them like spells*

brian c
2007-08-21, 11:30 PM
Dark reborn my untested template

Dark Reborn
Celestials that have fallen may turn to the dark, regaining some of their power, but losing their memory in the process, and live normal lives, realizing what they are they gain power over their ability's, but their memory cannot be restored by mortal means.

+6 str +8 dex +8 int +6 wisdom +6 charisma

Dark reborn are usually Chaotic Neutral or chaotic neutral, but losing their memory allow them to be of any alignment

Wings: Half dark angels gain black feathered wings that allow flight speed twice as much as land speed with average maneuverability

La: +2

Just for the hell of it...

That's ridiculously overpowered for LA +2. +34 total to stats, boost everything except Con, and give a good fly speed? That's probably worth +5 for everything. A better idea might be to decrease some of those ability boosts and give SLAs or some other racial abilities.

Kiren
2007-08-21, 11:36 PM
Just for the hell of it...

That's ridiculously overpowered for LA +2. +34 total to stats, boost everything except Con, and give a good fly speed? That's probably worth +5 for everything. A better idea might be to decrease some of those ability boosts and give SLAs or some other racial abilities.

thanks, i changed the la to 5, *whats a SLA*

Kiren
2007-08-22, 12:09 AM
Races: neko, half inu, kitsune (one of my friends is obssessed with nekos the other dog demons, and i like fox demons, but i would like them to be as close as possible to the legends, Like kitsune, shapeshift, fire 0r electricity control, i dont care if its la 5 i would want to play a very close version,

Blood lines, neko, dogdemon, kitsune, nuff said lol

Sheild of teh pillow: a sheild......... thats also...... a pillow

*in case you add a campaign into this book, i got a idea for a main city,
The Ruby empire*

*Trait Hyper active, +2 to reflex saves, for never sitting still but a -2 to concentration checks*

DraPrime
2007-08-22, 12:32 AM
All right my new race the Negrans is complete. I've tweaked it a little from the one I posted on these forums.

Negran Racial Traits

* +2 Strength, -2 Constitution.
* Small.
* Darkvision 30 ft.
* Negran base land speed is 20 feet.
* Opposite Healing: Unlike most living creatures Negrans are healed by negative energy, not positive energy. So inflict light wounds will heal them, but cure light wounds will hurt them.
* Negative Casting: The save DC for all necromancy spells cast by a Negrans is increased by one.
* +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
* Spell Like Ability: 1/day-Touch of Fatigue DC 14.
* Favored Class: Necromancer

Kiren
2007-08-22, 08:56 AM
Colossal blader *think of this, a normal person, with a colossal blade, I am a genious! This will get the attention of the final fantasy fans! lol, jk but its a good idea, prc*

( someone ask vorpal tribble to help us if we make the monster manual lol)

Harold
2007-08-22, 09:36 AM
azaa you should PM tarken I know he has a lot of homebrew things. he told me he had a huge word perfect full of spells.

Azaa
2007-08-22, 12:03 PM
Hmm well that would be great Harold but if i get that many spells then we wont need your guys ideas for spells. Oh and I have bad news............two people helping me make this book backed down and they had the most popular fourms!:smalleek: So were backing it down to 500 for the first book then come back and get 500 more ideas for the second book.

Harold
2007-08-22, 12:57 PM
here I found this (I made it as a joke but feel free to edit it.)

harolds coffee concentrate
Conjuration
level: sor/wis 1, cleric 2
components: V, S
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: touch
target: creature touched
Duration: 15 min/level
saving throw: none (harmless)
Spell res: No
A creature with this spell cast on it becomes hard to hit, (like it had too much coffee) and can now hit things easier. (+2 to AC and to hit.)

DraPrime
2007-08-22, 01:22 PM
Hmm well that would be great Harold but if i get that many spells then we wont need your guys ideas for spells. Oh and I have bad news............two people helping me make this book backed down and they had the most popular fourms!:smalleek: So were backing it down to 500 for the first book then come back and get 500 more ideas for the second book.

You don't happen to need someone who can do this stuff for you on the WotC forums?

Kiren
2007-08-22, 02:47 PM
I got a idea after this book, homebrewing a whole new system,

Sir Conkey
2007-08-22, 03:25 PM
How about the camera of soul stealing. It's a little photobox that can steal one soul a day (have to take a picture of the person). And if the person dies without a soul their body comes back as a special type of undead, the soul itself can be used to take 100 xp off of making a magic item or casting a spell. Can only hold one soul at a time, and the soul stays in it until used.

Azaa
2007-08-22, 03:26 PM
Well prime that would help but it depends on how many ideas you get. Cause if you only get 50 ideas then its not going to do much but if you get 200 or more ideas then sure go at it! Oh and guys enough with the races plz! I already got 13 new player races!:smalleek:

Sir Conkey
2007-08-22, 03:44 PM
Feat: Confusing Hand-trick

Prequesites- Dex 16, Bluff 3, sleight of hand 3
Benefit- You can add both you bluff and sleight of hand points to expertly flip your weapon around (DC of 20), anyone with an Int of 3 or higher watching has to make a Will save (your Dex modifier + your bluff + your sleight of hand) or be dazzled for the number of rounds you do the hand-trick +2 rounds, striking ends this but if you strike directly after you get a +4 to atack.
Special- This cannot be used against enemies already in combat, but can be used before combat has begun.

I had a Gnome with a pair of pistols do this to my PCs, it was fairly effective

Kiren
2007-08-22, 04:27 PM
Well prime that would help but it depends on how many ideas you get. Cause if you only get 50 ideas then its not going to do much but if you get 200 or more ideas then sure go at it! Oh and guys enough with the races plz! I already got 13 new player races!:smalleek:

( is kitsune, half inu and neko included?)

DraPrime
2007-08-22, 06:23 PM
Oh and guys enough with the races plz! I already got 13 new player races!:smalleek:

Oh man. Races are what I do best. Anyway, no luck with the WotC forums. There isn't really much homebrewing there. On the other hand, I will be doing this on the Mind Flayed forums.

edit: Also on the D&Dorks forums.

Tar Palantir
2007-08-22, 06:59 PM
This idea just popped into my head, no idea if it's unbalanced or anything, so let me know!

Burning Fury

A +4 flaming longsword, this swords powers become apparent when it is used while aflame. Anything struck by the sword will burn uncontrollably, dealing 1d6 of fire damage per round (no save or spell resistance). This fire cannot be extinguished by nonmagical means, and can only be extinguished magically by succeeding on a DC 24 caster level check (1d20 + 1/caster level), and only by a spell of 4th level or higher. The fire also immediately consumes any flammable objects carried by someone struck by the blade. The fire will also spread.Each round, roll 1d6 for each square adjacent to one that is burning. On a 5 or a 6, the fire spreads to that square if there is anything that can burn in that square. Thus, this fire can quickly turn on its master, burning them alive. Fire resistance is ineffective against this fire, but protection from fire will defend against it. This sword is evil, and will bestow two negative levels on any nonevil character as long as they possess it.

This is obviously a weapon for high level PCs, and one that can devastate whole armies in forests or fields, where everything burns. It is not so useful or as dangerous in dungeons, because stone doesn't burn. Risky, but often worth it.

Azaa
2007-08-22, 07:38 PM
Uh Kiren i'll have to cheak. And are you sure you can handle 2 fourms? Also the swords good, it seems like a balanced peice of god like power!:smallbiggrin:

Azaa
2007-08-22, 07:40 PM
Uh Kiren i'll have to look and find out if i have the races. And are you sure you can handle 2 fourms at once? Also the swords good in a god like way.:smallbiggrin:

Kiren
2007-08-22, 07:42 PM
Uh Kiren i'll have to cheak. And are you sure you can handle 2 fourms? Also the swords good, it seems like a balanced peice of god like power!:smallbiggrin:

(alright, im thinking of some ideas)

Azaa
2007-08-22, 07:43 PM
wtf! sry for the second post of the same thing! i thought it lagged out in a way!

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-22, 07:45 PM
I have a few ideas that you may or may not include. I'll post links to them no latter than tomorow if you're interested.

Azaa
2007-08-22, 07:47 PM
Sure go ahead! But you do want them published right? Cause they are going to be veiwed by the eyes of nerds.:smallwink:

Kiren
2007-08-22, 07:51 PM
Monster

*azza the kobold*

magic item
The goblet of Kiren *the first person that touches it cannot die of old age and do not take penaltys*

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-22, 07:51 PM
Sure go ahead! But you do want them published right? Cause they are going to be veiwed by the eyes of nerds.:smallwink:

I think that they're worthy inclusions, I just don't quite feel like posting the links right away. One race, one class, two feats and one spell category are finished. I may even come up with some others.

Kiren
2007-08-22, 08:01 PM
(i need to go deep into my mind to find some more ideas, give me a little while)

Azaa
2007-08-22, 08:04 PM
Hehehe.........Azaa the kobold......I like it! I hope I'm a level 300 ranger! OOOOOOOOHHHHHH BETTER NAME! Azaa The Kobold GOD! OHHH ya!:smallcool:

Uh I'll be on youtube! Toodles!:smalltongue:

Kiren
2007-08-22, 08:12 PM
Hehehe.........Azaa the kobold......I like it! I hope I'm a level 300 ranger! OOOOOOOOHHHHHH BETTER NAME! Azaa The Kobold GOD! OHHH ya!:smallcool:

Uh I'll be on youtube! Toodles!:smalltongue:

you said you would rather be my artist class then ranger lol

brian c
2007-08-23, 12:27 AM
thanks, i changed the la to 5, *whats a SLA*

Spell-like ability. Lots of monsters have them, lots of races with LA and templates give them; for example, drow have Darkness as an SLA.

deshrimp
2007-08-23, 01:26 AM
Heres an idea, Why not make multiple books. Instead of a PHB, why not make a Races book, a Classes and Prestige Book, a Spell/Psionics book, An Item/Armor/Weapon book, etc. It will make orginization easier. Plus you dont have to worry about a set # of ideas. Just combine each one into its own section, then when you think you got enough, put them into a PDF, and voila. Instant Books.

Since I'm on the topic of ideas, add my Tank Fighter PrC, and my Black Mage Base class. Here are the links

Tank Fighter PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54635)
Black Mage Base class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54636)

Darke
2007-08-23, 02:45 AM
---Black pudden, This black pudding is do deadly that there is only a minus 2 for dealing lethal damage with this cudgel like object, also, andone succesfully wounded must take a dc15 fortitude save or immediately fall unconcious. (You get a plus 20000 to hit If your base race is bill odie and your base class is the goodies :P)---

---Puppeteer class of some sort, gets use rope automatically and other puppeteering stuff, HAS TO worship banjo the clown god of puppets.
starts off with minor puppet, like small creature size thingy.(Based on kankuro from naruto)---

---Wind dancer, + to movement if it is windy, can channel blasts of air, Ie, in a hot environment, scalding air whils in a cold environment, biting blast etc...---

You should go to the hany handy magic swords thread, lots of homebrew there.

Kiren
2007-08-23, 03:03 PM
Phoenix rider (prc for people who ride birds of fire)

*phoenix class varients, classes that are assisted witht he power of these fire birds, *i would like to see phoenix song in the flaming Bard, and monks that pack a fist of fire*

*btw before you realese the book you should give a copy to all the helpers, for a long testing period to see if everything is too the likeing of multiple people*

Kiren
2007-08-23, 04:02 PM
(Theirs a few things ive wanted to play, the jobs from guild wars, dervish, paragon, mesmer, ritualist)

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-23, 05:03 PM
First I'll deal with the races.

Races

Dwarves

Physical Character

Build: Stocky and muscular. 160 lbs. on average
Coloring: Fair skinned to light tan in color, often times with reddish brown hair and gray eyes.
Endurance: Tremendous. They can carry great burdens over long distances with little rest.
Height: 4 to 5 feet tall.
Lifespan: 200-400 years.
Resistance:Dwarves are highly resistant to extremes in temperature. They gain a +4 to saving throws against to ice and fire based attacks. This replaces the +2 to saving throws for all spells and spell like abilities.
Special Abilities: A +2 to Strength and -2 to Dexterity. Dwarves are not only sturdy and resilient but also physically powerful. However they are as physically awkward as they are gruff and tactless. All other standard dwarven racial abilities with an addition +2 bonus to metalworking based Craft skills.

Culture
Clothing and Decoration: The clothing worn by dwarven civilians and military would be based off of that of the Germanic States of the late nineteenth century.
Fears and Inabilities: Dwarves possess no debilitating fears what so ever.
Marriage Pattern: Monogamous.
Religion: A combination of ancestor worship and worship of forge and crafting gods.

Other Factors
Demeanor and Alignment: Gruff, honorable and fierce. Will never forget a friend or enemy. They are a well ordered and militaristic society. The typical dwarf will not stand by while any innocent is harmed, threatened or offended. Lawful Good.
Prejudices: After centuries of warfare dwarves have come to dispise orcs, trolls and western kobolds. They have cordal relations with the elves and ogres. They are on good terms with their gnomesh cousins and goblin trading partners.
Languages: Dwarven (German) and Goblin (English). High Elven (Irish), Gray Elven (Welsh) or Wood Elven (Gealic) as a bonus language.
Political System: Monarchy.
Classes: Berserkers fighters, and paladins serve as elite commanders and warriors among dwavren kind. In fact paladin-berserkers are highly regarded within dwarven society. Other classes are rarer, but still exist.
Suitable Starting Classes: Wizard, cleric, fighter, berserker (see below), paladin and ranger from Core. Artificer from the Eberron setting and archivist from Heroes of Horror.
Favored Class: Berserker. As barbarian but with out Trap Sense, Illiteracy, Fast Movment and Tireless Rage. In return berserkers are trained to use heavy armor and they can also be Lawful.
Favored Schools: Conjuration and Transmutation.

High Elves

Physical Character
Build: High elves are lighter of frame and build than most humans of similar height. This goes from 131 lbs. at the lightest to 153 at the heaviest.
Coloring: Pale skinned to ruddy complexioned typically with pale blue, bright green or gray eyes. Hair coloring varies.
Endurance: High elves can walk long distances for extended periods of time without rest. When they do rest, they only require three hours per day.
Height: 6'3" to 6'9". On some occasions even 7 feet tall.
Lifespan: Unknown, seemingly indefinite.
Resistances: Immunity to natural diseases and +4 to saving throws against poison. This replaces immunity to sleep.
Special Abilities: +4 to Intelligence, +2 to Wisdom, +2 to Constitution, +2 to Dexterity and a -2 to Strength. On average high elves are more intelligent, wiser, healthier and more nimble than humans. At the same time elves have less muscular strength than humans do. In spite of their great physical beauty by human standards, elves are neither better nor worse at influencing others than humans are. Instead of the typical weapons proficiencies high elves gain the ability to cast arcane spells equal to a first level wizard. This grants elves one wizard level for the purposes of spellcasting. They still require spellbooks like any other wizard. They also are expert artists, artisans, and shipbuilders, gaining a +4 bonus to Craft (visual arts; any), as well as a +2 to Craft (pottery, woodwork, and ect.) and Craft (shipbuilding).

Culture
Clothing and Decoration: Typically high elves prefer well made and by human standards, elabrate but lightweight and breathable clothing. Elven clothing varies in form and function. This ranges from simple (by elf standards) knee length smocks and trousers with robe like overcoats for men (think of the Eighth Doctor for reference) and knee to mid calf-length dresses with robe like overcoats for women to more formal and elaborate business and religious attire.
General Fears and Inabilities: None.
Marriage Pattern: Monogamous. Political marriages and other marriages of convenience do not exist within mainstream elven society. Such things are considered abominations.
Religion: Monotheistic, Celtic in nature and somewhat informal. Priests serve as teachers, moral guides, Chancellors, and also serve an important ministerial role. Members of the clergy are not required to be celibate and the priesthood is open to both men and women. Within the elven religion priests do not receive payment for their sacerdotal role, but instead must have an external source of income. Religious costumes for both sexes are light-green close fitting robes in the style of a Roman Catholic or Anglican cassock, tailored for the body of the wearer. Another feature of elven priestly costuming is the hooded cloak they always wear, whose coloring reflects the stature of the particular elf in relation to their priesthood. The coloring goes from light green all the way to silver and finally white. The priest or priestess must buy their own religious garments if he or she has the funds. All previously mentioned religious information on the elves also applies to the orgrish race.

Other Factors
Demeanor and Alignment: High elves are typically thoughtful and inquisitive. Because or the love of their own freedoms and willingness to defend the freedoms of others they tend to be Chaotic Good.
Prejudices: High elves view orcs, cave kobolds (standard LE kobolds), and the mist elves (this world's dark elves) in the same light we would view Nazis or Stalinists. Trolls and gnolls are seen as vicious marauders and hags are considered blights upon nature. However this extends to the predominate culture not to individuals. An orc, troll, mist elf or a member of any other race mentioned above can be accepted. Elves of any sort who are in league with troll, orc, hag or similar societies are considered enemies. Good elves of all sorts get along best with ogres seeing them as kindred spirits, albeit, somewhat crude and lumbering ones.
Languages: Elven (Irish) and Orgrish (Gaelic).
Bonus Languages: Goblin (English) and Dwarven (German).
Political System: Constitutional Republic
Classes: Elven druids (modified Archivists) serve as priests and legal aid, while wizards are the scientists of elven-kind. Bards act as chroniclers of ancient wisdom in addition to their role as entertainers. Rangers, scouts, consecrated knights, marshals and barbarians commonly act as military leaders of elven-kind.
Suitable Starting Classes: druidic flavored archivist, fighter, marshal, consecrated knight, martial artist, bard (arcane and divine bard), barbarian, rouge, scout, ranger, psion, any primary arcane caster and erudite.
Favored Class: Druid (in this case modified Archivist) or Wizard. Preferably Necromancer or Conjureror if a wizard.
Favored Schools: Necromancy and Conjuration.
Level Adjustment: +4

Hags

Physical Character

Build: Usually hags are thinner than human women of equivilent height. If this is the case they are also much denser and more compact. This means that while they may be thinner, hags are just as heavy as human women of the same height. Those hags who aren't thinner than human women of the same height and weight tend to have horns, claws or vestigial wings.
Coloring: Dull green to dark blue.
Endurance: See elves.
Height: 5 feet 4 inches.
Lifespan: See elves.
Resistance: As elves but with a +4 on saves against poison and spell resistance 18.
Special Abilities: Darkvision 90 ft. Hags also have a +8 racial bonus to Swim checks to avoid hazards or preform special actions.
Spell-Like Abilities: At will—dancing lights, disguise self, ghost sound (DC 12), invisibility, pass without trace, tongues, water breathing. Caster level 9th. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Weakness (Su)
A hag can weaken a foe by making a special touch attack. The opponent must succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude save or take 2d4 points of Strength damage. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Racial Hit Dice: Hags begain with nine levels of monstrous humanoid, which provides 9d8 hit points.
Racial Skills: A hag’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 12 x(2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its racial skills are Concentration, Craft or Knowledge (any one), Hide, Listen, Spot and Swim.
Level Adjustment: +6

Culture

Clothing and Decoration: Usually dark and concealing robes and cloaks.
Fears and Inabilities: None.
Marriage Pattern: None. I'll explain later.
Religion: Usually none. Hags are typically uninterested in spirituallity in any form. They simply find it unnessicary. Otherwise they tend to worship Nether Fiends such as Anthraxus.

Other Factors

Demeanor and Alignment: Hags are most often ruthless and cruel, seeing every one and every thing around them as only means to an end. They are neither anarchic nor authoritarian. Usually Neutral Evil.
Prejudices: None. Hags despise, torment and mock all others equally.
Languages:
Political System: A lose confederation of hag coveys. Leadership is determined by personal power and cunning.
Classes: Any that could suit a particular hag's interest.
Suitable Starting Classes: Archivist, wizard, sorcerer, bard, binder, psion, wilder, warlock, beguiler, dread necromancer or truenamer.
Favored Class: Sorcerer
Favored Schools: Necromancy and Illusion.

Ogres

Physical Character

Build: Large, muscular and blubbery, weighing 600 to 650 pounds.
Coloring: In the green-blue-yelow family of colors. Any hair color, but males are typically bald.
Endurance: Average.
Height: 7 to 8 feet tall.
Lifespan: See elves
Resistance: See, elves.
Special Abilities: Ogres recieve +10 Strength, –2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, maximum starting Intelligence of 16, –4 Charisma. They also possess darkvision out to 60 feet. An ogre's blubbery flesh grants him or her a +3 natural armor bonus. They also gain the following spell-like abilities; At will—mending, magic weapon; 1/day— keen edge, stone shape. Caster level 4th. They each require a 4 round action to use.
Racial Hit Dice: An ogre begins with four levels of giant, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +4, Ref +1, and Will +1.
Racial Skills: An ogre’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 7 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Listen, Craft (any), and Spot.

Culture

Clothing and Decoration: Their clothing consists of linen shirts and pants with properly cured leather vests and shoes. In cooler climes they also wool trimmed buckskin coats. Females dress the same except instead of linen shirts, they wear dresses that go down half way between the knees and the ankles. However they prefer fine silk if it could be had.
Fears and Inabilities: The greatest fear among ogre kind is not physical death. Instead they are lonelyness and attatchment to others, this is true even ogre society.
Marriage Pattern: Monogamous. Political marriages and other marriages of convenience do not exist within mainstream ogre society.
Religion: See elves.

Other Factors

Demeanor and Alignment: Ogres are typically good-natured and peaceful, but are willing to kill to defend themselves, their friends and family or those under their care. Ogres also dislike heavy handed leaders and call most bureaucrats and other goverment officials "self important busybodies." They tand to have a strong isolationist streak. Usually Chaotic Good.
Prejudices: There are only four races ogres get along with as a whole, elves whom they love like brothers, dwarves who are their favorite drinking buddies, gnomes are their favorite inventors and mild kooks (as well as walking disaster areas) and halflings whom they frequently patronize. Orcs and other typically evil races are treated with suspicion and extreme caution.
Languages: Ogrish (Gaelic) and High Elven
Classes: I'll fill this out later.
Suitable Starting Classes: Fighter, barbarian, martial artist, brawler, ranger, consecrated knight, druid (modifed archivist), any arcanist and any bard variant.
Favored Class: Fighter, martial artist (http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8396) (thanks to Witch) or brawler (http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3724) (thanks to WarDragon).
Favored Schools: Necromancy and Transmutation.
Level Adjustment: +3

Trolls

Physical Character

Build: Large and bulky with hides like rhino skin. Broad-shouldered with thick extremities and clawed hands. They also have flattened noses and wide jaws.
Coloring: Earth tones. Often times granite colored.
Endurance: Average
Height: 7-8 feet in height, if standing up straight. Trolls tend to slouch.
Lifespan: Typically 90-185 years. In some cases 230 years.
Resistance: Trolls are more stout of heart than most other races. Out of this trolls gain a +4 to saving throws against fear effects. Trolls skin grants a +5 to natural armor and a damage reduction of 2/bludegoning. This replaces regeneration.
Special Abilities: Trolls recieve a +12 Strength, -4 Dexterity, +12 Constitution, -4 Intelligence (minimum 3), -2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma. Dark vision to 60 feet and low-light vision. Trolls can also claw for 1d6 points of damage, bite for 1d6 points of damage and rend for 2d6 points of damage.
Racial Hit Dice: A troll begins with six levels of giant, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +5, Ref +2, and Will +2.
Racial Skills: A troll’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 9 x(2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Listen and Spot.
Level Adjustment: +4

Culture

Clothing and Decoration: Bits and pieces of clothing and armor they find.
Fears and Inabilities: Daylight.
Marriage Pattern: None.
Religion: Trolls tend to worship demon lords and princes of physical strength. Those of non-evil alignment tend to worship gods of the forge and stone.

Other Factors

Demeanor and Alignment: Trolls are typically violent, brutish, stupid and care nothing for society or civlization. Usually Chaotic Evil.
Prejudices: Trolls typically have a strong hatred for all others races and will kill trolls from other clans on sight.
Languages: A bastardized version of dwarven.
Classes: Spellcasters are rarer among troll kind than other races, with the sole exception of halflings. Those few spellcasters among troll kind serve mostly as shamans (read as druids). Barbarians are most common.
Suitable Starting Classes: Barbarian, druid (without alignment restrictions), fighter, ranger, cleric, sorceror and bard from core. Warlock and binder from Tome of Magic
Favored Class: Barbarian.
Favored Schools: None.

Class and two feats.

Consecrated knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49220)

New Magic School Sub Group

White Necromancy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50443)

Are these acceptable?

Kiren
2007-08-23, 07:14 PM
White necromancy is cool

wouldnt White magic be more suitible a title, Necro means dead, good necromancy is a paradox, or whatever you call it where someone says something like Huge Dwarf

Azaa
2007-08-23, 07:22 PM
Ok DeshRimp you have a good idea there but thats been thought of already and D&D said they dont want me to publish the book (or books) like that since they will be doing the same for new items or spells. Wait they already came out with the spell one. Oh and guys..........sorry but i cant put any thing ripped off of other games like guild wars and world of warcraft. So sorry about that.:smallfrown:

Azaa
2007-08-23, 07:29 PM
Oh ya Diren i will give free copys to you guys just give me your email (now or when it comes out) and i'll send it to you. Also anyone can sign up for a beta test on it, What i want those people who sign up is to host a game useing the book primarly. Once they have played there game come and tell me if there are some things that need to be added or removed. Oh and sorry no one gets a free copy if they dident submit an idea. Also im looking for a publisher if anyone is open up to it just email me at [email protected] :smallsmile:

Kiren
2007-08-23, 07:36 PM
Ok DeshRimp you have a good idea there but thats been thought of already and D&D said they dont want me to publish the book (or books) like that since they will be doing the same for new items or spells. Wait they already came out with the spell one. Oh and guys..........sorry but i cant put any thing ripped off of other games like guild wars and world of warcraft. So sorry about that.:smallfrown:

ok I can live with that, what about neko, half dog demon and kitsune

Azaa
2007-08-23, 07:43 PM
Uh i think i have neko but the other 2 i dont have.

Kiren
2007-08-23, 07:55 PM
Beast Mastery ranger varient
(favored enemy can only be a magical beast, vermin or animal)
(lose fighting styles and all improvments)

Add Beast Control, Beast bind and Beast Banish

Beast control is a spell that the ranger can only use, it captures vermin, magical beasts and animals, one beast can be binded at a time, and it is considered a cohort to you, you must be the same or similar *chaotic neutral and chaotic evil will work, lawful evil and chaotic evil wont, +7 dc to good or evil controling the opposite alighment, Every hitdice the animal has is +5, a level one is a dc10, they may level up with their master, the spell requires, speach, hand movements, a material component the creature enjoys, * lion, bone or yarnball, the animal is carnivorus and is feline * and a xp cost of 5000, level 3 spell* takes 3 rounds, and can be attacked by the beast,dc5 concentration to keep active when hit< might be wise to have help when capturing the pet.

*beast bind, Heals 1d6+1 per level of ranger to the beast under the rangers control, this is a level 0 spell, making it a level 1 spell makes this 1d8+1 a level level 3 makes it 1d10+1 a level, this requires hand movements and speach* full round action

*beast Banish, a level 0 spell, this will send the binded creature to the realms of beasts, to heal or be sent back to where it was chaught and is unbinded, the ranger may only have one animal at a time binded, this reqires only speach, and a xp cost of 100 per beast level to unbind the beast* this takes 1 round*

Feat: Master of many
Presquites , beast master ranger varient , must have a binded beast
Allows: the beast master to have multiple pets binded, 1 for every fifth level of ranger, only one may be with the ranger at a time, the others must be on the beast realm

Kiren
2007-08-23, 07:56 PM
Uh i think i have neko but the other 2 i dont have.

can you post the neko?

Kiren
2007-08-23, 08:21 PM
Fusion
Cleric/9 Wizard/sorceror 9
Requires hand movement, speach and a xp cost of 500 per charactor level
Effect: dc 20 for a perfect fusion 2 charactors temporarly share a body for 1 week +1 hour per charactor level, they share all bonuses, weaknesses, abilitys, everything merges for the time,*if each char has 20 strenght then a good fusion will give them 40, they share points in skills and merge what they have points in, negitives arent added, ac is also added together* if failed, it results in a imperfect fusion, and for the time, the lower level charactors stats are used, and the penaltys and lower stats for everything *including skills* are included, no feats are given to the fusion*if one player has a 0 in a skill in a imperfect fusion then its a 0*, If failed or succeded when the spells duration ends, the 2 charactors are unconcious for 2d20 hours, also the fusion gives natural armor of 5 if succeded -5 in imperfect, when the durations over the 2 charactors are back in their original forms, although their armor and clothes dont fuse together and when the durations over, the armor and clothes of the 2 are destroyed *Even if taken off, they wont be destroyed if they werent worn for 3 weeks* leaving them nude. *all armor worn while fused is also destroyed* In fusions the higher level charactors hair color is used, lowers eye color, roll a d20 to determine if the charactor is male of female * over 10 is female* This spell can be made permanate with a permanancy spell, but the people who play must agree and must share control off the actions of the 2, permanacy must be willing by the charactors. this spell doesnt need to be cast by the users, the 2 users must be touching and willing to fuse. Dieing when fused destroys both souls making resserection impossible, unless of the will of a greater god.
A fusion cannot be ended prematurely, and a permanated fusion cannot be undone by any means.

Edit: changing the duration to 1 week + hours instead of hour + min

Kiren
2007-08-23, 08:49 PM
I have had friends who had complaints from certain videogames, becuase in games some games, the main charactors are half naked, wearing stuff that would provide virtually no armor at all, ive got a Idea for this

Feat:Armorless
Cons: when taken the charactor can never wear armor again, they also cannot carry heavy loads or bigger, their are no exceptions to this, regular clothes dont count, but they cannot give any bonuses.

Benifit: the taker of this feat gets a ac bonus of +1 every 3 levels adding the modifer of strenght, dex,con,int,wisdom,charisma (or any other catagory in your campaign, )this stacks with the monks ac bonus.

Kiren
2007-08-23, 09:40 PM
Prestige class: Keeper of the mirror * a prestige class that Reverses all spell affects, a harm spell would heal, its 3 levels, the keeper cannot chose to not reverse something, when he takes the class , everything is permanently reversed. And hit points become negitive hit points, and it dies, when it gets hitpoints. Restriction is, spells like magic missle shoot at the caster, they can only be healed by negitive energy, and cannot be raised.*

Battle alchemist: A full metal alchemist style base class, but it also can make alchemetic bombs, new list full of alchemy attacks, with alchemy points per day

Wiccan: A female healer, that uses witch craft (base class)

Reinboom
2007-08-23, 10:43 PM
Wiccan: A female healer, that uses witch craft (base class)

I rather dislike gender required roles in classes, feats, or anything. Also, you don't have to be female to initiate in wicca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca).

deshrimp
2007-08-23, 10:52 PM
Ok DeshRimp you have a good idea there but thats been thought of already and D&D said they dont want me to publish the book (or books) like that since they will be doing the same for new items or spells. Wait they already came out with the spell one.So wait. let me get this straight.....wizards doesnt want you to publish it (or them), but yet you are makeing one.....im lost.

I would just like to add......I like swords......

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-23, 11:12 PM
White necromancy is cool

wouldnt White magic be more suitible a title, Necro means dead, good necromancy is a paradox, or whatever you call it where someone says something like Huge Dwarf

"Necro" is ancient Greek for death or corpse while "mancy" is ancient Greek for divination. So by the classical definition of the word we would both be wrong. Classical necromancy would have dealt strictly with speaking to dead or forensic pathology. From that humble origin necromancy could be extended to healing, undead creation/destruction, genetic manipulation, biorganic shields and causing harm to the living. Also the word you're looking for is "oxymoron".

Examples of classical necromancer models in fiction include Dana Scully from the X-Files, Alison Mundy from Afterlife, Melinda Gordon from Ghost Whisperer and the forensic investigators from CSI and its spinoffs. While they couldn't be called wizards by any stretch of the word charcters based off of them would make interesting necromancers.

Kiren
2007-08-23, 11:16 PM
*ok, my dictionary really sucks, and this forum has alot of good ideas*

Edit: Post one hundred

Reinboom
2007-08-23, 11:28 PM

As long as all material falls under the OGL (and you refer to the license in full), it doesn't really matter what WotC doesn't want you to do or not. You can, legally, anyways - as long as it's all custom content - or mostly custom content. This includes anything in the SRD.

-- For ripping off material: It's amazing how far you can get to. Basic ideas of something can be taken. Specific names can not be.
If you want illidan's blades, just name them something else and you're good. That is, suggesting, you don't also take their exact design or write up either. The idea of them? Can be stunningly similar.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20
Read the Official Open Gaming License FAQs section on the right - notably the license itself.

Necromancy topic:
If the correct word for 'ruler of the dead' was used, it would be Necrodominus.

Harold
2007-08-24, 08:54 AM
I made another spell its making fun of "control plants", so if you want you can edit it.

Control pants
transmutation
Level: sor/wis 0
Components: V, S
Range: close (25 ft. + 5ft./2 levels)
target: 1 person
Duration: instantaneous
Saving throw: Reflex negates
Spell resistance: No

This spell enables you to control someones pants, only with enough force to drop them.

torrent
2007-08-24, 09:06 AM
just a little bit weird but ok...

torrent
2007-08-24, 09:11 AM
this is my spell

Poultry Mob
conjuration
Lv : Sor/Wiz:4, Drd 3 (they could really use the offense)
Components :V ,S ,M
Casting: One Standard Action
Target: one unlucky soul (creature)
Duration:1 round/3 Caster levels (Max 5)
Saving throw: Reflex half damage, fort. For avian flu
Spell resistance :no
This spell conjures up a horde of blood thirsty avian flu bearing chickens(3 +1 per 2 caster levels) each doing 1d3 d

please comment

Azaa
2007-08-24, 11:25 AM
Ok well guys I read some of your comments about the news i gave you, And wizards dident want me to come out with a bunch of books because they are going to do that and...........well thats all they told me. So this book is going to be one BOOK. Also i'm having a vote for if we should allow weird spells kinda like control pants. I dont have a problem about the weird stuff its jus that some people helpping me dont like those kind of things, So I want everybody to vote now: should we allow weird ideas yes or no.

Azaa
2007-08-24, 11:26 AM
Oh and i vote yes!:smallamused:

Kiren
2007-08-24, 11:27 AM
Ok well guys I read some of your comments about the news i gave you, And wizards dident want me to come out with a bunch of books because they are going to do that and...........well thats all they told me. So this book is going to be one BOOK. Also i'm having a vote for if we should allow weird spells kinda like control pants. I dont have a problem about the weird stuff its jus that some people helpping me dont like those kind of things, So I want everybody to vote now: should we allow weird ideas yes or no.

uhhhhh why does wizard control this project?

Kiren
2007-08-24, 11:28 AM
And i vote YES FOR SPELLS

Azaa
2007-08-24, 11:29 AM
Wizard dosen't its just they dont want me to publish this book as many books cause they will be doing the same for other books..........Look.....just forget about it. Oh and vote!

Kiren
2007-08-24, 11:30 AM
Wizard dosen't its just they dont want me to publish this book as many books cause they will be doing the same for other books..........Look.....just forget about it. Oh and vote!

How is wizard involved with this at all?

DraPrime
2007-08-24, 11:37 AM
I vote YES. And to those in wizards who don't want this book to come out, too bad!:smallyuk: :smallyuk: :smallyuk:

Kiren
2007-08-24, 11:41 AM
I need some feedback on my ranger beast master
Fusion spell
and armorless

Kiren
2007-08-24, 11:48 AM
I got a idea, can we somehow pack a game setting in the book

Harold
2007-08-24, 12:27 PM
I vote yes for spells, and yes, I know that is a tad bias

Kiren
2007-08-24, 06:16 PM
boss classes : Npc only classes that are designed to to overpowering to the pcs, very hard to beat unless in a group

Kiren
2007-08-24, 06:24 PM
Half breed system:the more skills you take from both races the higher the level advancement, same for natural skills if any

Kiren
2007-08-24, 06:28 PM
Trait: vegetarian
Cons: cannot eat meat, gets sick when they do, 1d6 con for every pound eaten
Pros:Eating natural plants heal 2 damage, +1 to plants

Kiren
2007-08-24, 06:33 PM
Death word spells * necromancy spells, that curse*

Death word burn
death word sink
death word silence
*can all be undone with romove curse , they are level 9 spells, for evil clerics and wizards/sorceror*

Kiren
2007-08-24, 06:36 PM
Sacrifce spells: weaker ones require items, medium power need blood, of your or others , powerful...........death............. very powerful spells

Kiren
2007-08-24, 08:37 PM
Armor: tin foil hat, no armor class but mind affecting spells are useless against the wearer

Kiren
2007-08-24, 08:41 PM
Gelatinus armor: theirs always room for jello....... in a armor slot, a full set of gelatinus armor, they have a acid affect on people besides the wearer that touch it

Kiren
2007-08-24, 10:53 PM
Dream magic: magic mages cast while sleeping or day dreaming

Azaa
2007-08-25, 12:17 AM
Wow Kiren just post it all on one!

Kiren
2007-08-25, 02:17 AM
Final draft, of the spell fusion

n
Cleric/9 Wizard/sorcerer 9
Requires hand movement, speech and a xp cost of 500 per character level
Effect: dc 20 for a perfect fusion 2 characters temporarily share a body for 1 week +1 hour per character level, they share all bonuses, weaknesses, ability's, everything merges for the time,*if each char has 20 strength then a good fusion will give them 40, they share points in skills and merge what they have points in, negatives aren't added, ac is also added together* if failed, it results in a imperfect fusion, and for the time, the lower level characters stats are used, and the penalty's and lower stats for everything *including skills* are included, no feats are given to the fusion*if one player has a 0 in a skill in a imperfect fusion then its a 0*, If failed or succeeded when the spells duration ends, the 2 characters are unconscious for 2d20 hours, also the fusion gives natural armor of 5 if succeeded -5 in imperfect, when the durations over the 2 characters are back in their original forms, although their armor and clothes don't fuse together and when the durations over, the armor and clothes of the 2 are destroyed *Even if taken off, they wont be destroyed if they weren't worn for 3 weeks* leaving them nude. *all armor worn while fused is also destroyed* In fusions the higher level characters hair color is used, lowers eye color, roll a d20 to determine if the character is male of female * over 10 is female* This spell can be made permanent with a permanency spell, but the people who play must agree and must share control off the actions of the 2, permanency must be willing by the characters. this spell doesn't need to be cast by the users, the 2 users must be touching and willing to fuse. Dieing when fused destroys both souls making resurrection impossible, unless of the will of a greater god.
A fusion cannot be ended prematurely, and a permanent fusion cannot be undone by any means.

Harold
2007-08-25, 04:18 PM
This is my first try at homebrew armour, so I know it's kinda messy and stuff.

Crocodile hide

this + 2 fullplate is extremely light (Armour check penalty of 4) and gives you + 2 on grapple and bullrush checks.

CL 11 price + 21000 craft magic arms and armour.

Kiren
2007-08-25, 08:02 PM
cool armor

i need some feedback on my armor

Azaa
2007-08-25, 09:24 PM
Kiren your armors good dont worry. DragonPrime if your still with me could you give me a notice?

Kiren
2007-08-25, 11:02 PM
no i meant my spell

Kiren
2007-08-26, 05:01 AM
Half tangible gloved: gloves that allow ghost monks to fight unarmed

Crouching Specter hidden ghost *fighting style for ghost monks*

Harold
2007-08-26, 06:33 AM
kiren I think that you should give your spell to druids too. it seems like a druidish kind of thing.:smalltongue:

Kiren
2007-08-26, 07:04 AM
kiren I think that you should give your spell to druids too. it seems like a druidish kind of thing.:smalltongue:

Its a Unnatural spell, doesn't sound really seem druidish to me

Kiren
2007-08-26, 08:51 AM
Glasses: +5 to spot check *can cure flaws like near/ far sight and bad vision

Kiren
2007-08-26, 08:52 AM
Sport: Gnome throwing, its a sport where you take some gnomes, and throw them off a cliff, see how far they land, or you can play the variant where 2 players get 10 gnomes and they try to throw them off the cliff and make a picture of them

Azaa
2007-08-26, 12:22 PM
Lol. Gnome throwing sounds fun........I just dont want to be the Gnome! Lol.

Kiren
2007-08-26, 12:37 PM
Lol. Gnome throwing sounds fun........I just dont want to be the Gnome! Lol.

can you add a system for that into the book,

Kiren
2007-08-26, 12:39 PM
Also does this books need any npcs, i can make full sheets for them

Harold
2007-08-26, 01:30 PM
Wow this reminds me of a quest my cousin made it was a tourament and one event was the gnome toss. anyways here is some homebrew stuff.

Bull skin shield

this + 3 heavy bull skin shield gives + 4 on bullrush checks. It has a armour check penalty of 1.

Cl 13 create magic arms and armour price + 11500 gp.

deshrimp
2007-08-26, 01:44 PM
Final draft, of the spell fusionThere already is a spell called fusion. Actually its a Psionic Spell. IIRC its in the Expanded Psionics Handbook

Kiren
2007-08-26, 02:04 PM
There already is a spell called fusion. Actually its a Psionic Spell. IIRC its in the Expanded Psionics Handbook

I dont care, the name can be changed, their isnt a fusion arcane spell

Kiren
2007-08-26, 02:26 PM
My attempt at a elf

Blood elves
Outsider

* +2 Dex +2 int -2 con
* Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
*Blood elf base land speed is 30 feet.
*+2 against sleep affects
* Arcane Find (supernatural
* Darkvison 60 feet
* Low-Light Vision: An blood elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
* Automatic Languages: Common and Blood elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan, elven.
* Favored Class: Rogue or wizard
+1 level advancement

Arcane find: when within 10 feet of a magic Item you get a spot check as if you were searching for it

Blood elven : the language of the blood elves

Harold
2007-08-26, 05:15 PM
Kiren about that gelatinus armour you were talking about I stated it all up.:smalltongue:

Gelatinus armour

This +1 banded mail does 1d4 damage to anyone who touches it, also if it is hit with anything made of metal more then 3 times then it will -1 on attack and damage rolls until it is repaired. But on the inside it is made of leather.

CL 9 create magic arms and armour. Price + 4350gp.

Kiren
2007-08-26, 05:23 PM
Kiren about that gelatinus armour you were talking about I stated it all up.:smalltongue:

Gelatinus armour

This +1 banded mail does 1d4 damage to anyone who touches it, also if it is hit with anything made of metal more then 3 times then it will -1 on attack and damage rolls until it is repaired. But on the inside it is made of leather.

CL 9 create magic arms and armour. Price + 4350gp.
thanks, i cant stat

Kiren
2007-08-27, 09:07 AM
Ive had this idea for a long time, its a monster, Colossal+++,

Ocean's Corrupt
Colossal +++ serpent, made out of water from the ocean it flies out when posiden gets pissed at the land, so far zues has prevented it, it has 2000 health,

edit: you can treat it as incorporable and water , since its freaken water, it has a perfect swim speed of 200. it has use of all water spells, its a apoctolyptic beast

Kiren
2007-08-27, 09:15 AM
Racial class

Kobold Berserker * a barbaric Kobold class that can wield 2 great axes *

Azaa
2007-08-27, 12:07 PM
Uh ya guys NPCs would be nice (no no it woulden't, it would be great!). Also The vote for weird things won it was (and including other fourms) 23 to 11 so yes Gnome throwing can be added!:smallbiggrin:

Kiren
2007-08-27, 02:30 PM
Uh ya guys NPCs would be nice (no no it woulden't, it would be great!). Also The vote for weird things won it was (and including other fourms) 23 to 11 so yes Gnome throwing can be added!:smallbiggrin:

Oh and Theirs the varients, gnome kicking and gnome bull rushin*Gnome tackle*

Aqua elf fishing

drow digging

Kiren
2007-08-27, 05:57 PM
Power word story time

a ninth level spell that puts a enemy into a fairy tale story, in wich they are forced to act it out *they are transported , its not in their mind* for one day

Zeta Kai
2007-08-27, 07:20 PM
Hey, uh guys, you know what would be really cool? If someone were actually trying to implement any of these wild ideas. That would make it an actual homebrew, instead of what is essentially a protracted wishlist.

Lots of great ideas here, but I see very little effort in realizing them.

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-27, 08:02 PM
Hey, uh guys, you know what would be really cool? If someone were actually trying to implement any of these wild ideas. That would make it an actual homebrew, instead of what is essentially a protracted wishlist.

I posted a few of mine on page 3 or 4 I think.

Kiren
2007-08-27, 09:22 PM

I make what I can, Im not so good with the brewing, I brew what I can and post the ideas, for someone to help

Raistlin1040
2007-08-27, 09:26 PM
I med a PrC a while back. Initiate of the Green Tunic. I'm too lazy to go dig it up. Just search it, or check the threads I made. Feel free to use it. Or not.

Kiren
2007-08-27, 09:30 PM
I med a PrC a while back. Initiate of the Green Tunic. I'm too lazy to go dig it up. Just search it, or check the threads I made. Feel free to use it. Or not.

ive seen that

Kiren
2007-08-27, 09:32 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45763&highlight=Initiate+Green+Tunic

Kiren
2007-08-27, 10:27 PM
Emotion magic: magic channeled by feelings, emotion magics magic abilitys get stronger with emotion, soft emotions power healing spells anger channels attack spells, or something

Emotion Magician *The class that uses emotion magic*

SilverClawShift
2007-08-27, 10:31 PM
Emotion Magician *The class that uses emotion magic*

A.K.A. the Wilder :smallbiggrin:

Okay, so that's psionic. Was only a joke anyway.

Kiren
2007-08-27, 10:42 PM
A.K.A. the Wilder :smallbiggrin:

Okay, so that's psionic. Was only a joke anyway.

my class is a super rank S rper class, you have to constanly ay what emotion your char is in

Azaa
2007-08-28, 01:34 PM
So Kiren from your one comment you said that you try to make stats and stuff like that but you dont for all of them (from what i see) so i and my buddy will be adding stats to them. So just making sure you know that. Also guys i will be going somewhere for a while so i will be not cheking on the fourm for 5 days (maybe 6). Um so im leaving the fourm up to Kiren since he seems to be a good take over. Oh and one more thing Kiren dont go power hungry and if you want instructions about what not to do and what to do: look at my comments! Bye every body see ya in 5 (or 6) days!:smallsmile:

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-28, 01:52 PM
Azaa, do my submissions have any chance of getting into this new Players Handbook of your's?

Kiren
2007-08-28, 03:23 PM
Azaa, do my submissions have any chance of getting into this new Players Handbook of your's?

yes, the more you post, the more gets in

Raistlin1040
2007-08-28, 05:51 PM
Actually, I believe the version you dug up was incomplete Kirin. The updated version of the class is here
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51744

Kiren
2007-08-28, 06:09 PM
Actually, I believe the version you dug up was incomplete Kirin. The updated version of the class is here
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51744

sorry i saw 2 and I picked one at random

Forrestfire
2007-08-28, 06:20 PM
I made a race called the semi-dead, here's the link:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=797117

Kiren
2007-08-28, 06:26 PM
I made a race called the semi-dead, here's the link:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=797117

needs some details, a description of looks, how they are made ect.

Forrestfire
2007-08-28, 06:44 PM
This is how they are made:

Semi-Dead are created when a spellcaster botches a spell to bring someone back to life. Every time someone casts Raise dead, ressurection, or revivify, there is a 1% chance that the creature to be brought back to life comes back as a semi-dead instead of their origional race (as if they were riencarnated). A semi-Dead can also be created by the spell Riencarnation.

Semi-Dead look like thay had at the time of their death.

example semi-dead appearance:
You see a ragged-looking man wearing damaged looking armor covered in bloodstains and slashes, as if the man had been killed while wearing it. at close inspection, you see that the man has wounds all over his body and a large hole with the tip of an arrow in it right abouve his eye

Forrestfire
2007-08-28, 07:04 PM
This could be a Semi-Dead
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/a-m/ed2/ed2_shot7l.jpg

Kiren
2007-08-28, 09:21 PM
This could be a Semi-Dead
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/a-m/ed2/ed2_shot7l.jpg

that would work out better as a template, when azza returns ask if it can be a race, i dont think it will be a problem

Kiren
2007-08-29, 10:44 AM
item: 100 sided dice, a list of items for what number the charactor rolls

Kiren
2007-08-29, 03:50 PM
sword of truth; the wielder can never use bluff checks but can have a +10 to diplomacy checks. the wielder also may not lie

Forrestfire
2007-08-29, 06:24 PM
Hmmm...Good idea. I think it should be a template as well.

Template:
Semi Dead
Creating a Semi dead
"Semi Dead" is an aquired template that may be added to any corporeal humanoid. A semi dead uses all the base creature's statistics exept as noted.

Size and Type
The creature's type changes to abberation. Size is unchanged.

Special Attacks
Spell-Like Abilities: Due to the necromantic energies running through their bodies, All Semi Dead can use Inflict Minor Wounds Twice Per Day.

Feed: 3 times per day, a Semi-Dead may feed a fresh corpse, regaining Hit Points equal to the creature's hit dice.

Special Qualities
-Unlike Other abberations, Semi Dead do not have darkvision, they do, however, have Low-Light Vision.

Undead Essence: Semi-Dead are treated as undead for the perposes of positive and negative energy. thay can also be turned or rebuked by clerics.
Turn Resistance +4: Although Semi-Dead can be turned, they are alive, making it very hard to do so. A Semi Dead is treated as 4 levels higher for the perposes of being turned or rebuked.

Near-Dead: Due to being so close to undeath, Semi Dead gain certain special traits:
-Semi Dead gain a +4 resistance bonus to saving throws against poison and disease.
-Semi Dead do not need to eat, breath, or sleep, although they must still rest to regain spells and powers.
-A Semi Dead may take feats and prestige classes as if it was undead

Abilities
Semi dead take a -6 penalty to charisma, and a +2 bonus to both Constitution and Intelligence.

Skills and Feats
Semi Dead enjoy a +2 bonus on listen, search, and spot checks due to their hightened senses.

Environment: Any
Organization: Same as base creature
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +1
Treasure: Same as base creature
Alignment: Any
Level Adjustment: +1

This is the age table

Starting Age......Middle Age......Old.....Venerable.....Max Age
....55..................300*.........400**.....--..............--....

*-1 to str and dex; +1 to int and wis

Edit: thanks

Harold
2007-08-29, 06:35 PM
You did it all right but this "]" has to be at the end of the the word spoiler, and the first word spoiler doesn't have the slash so it should look like this TEXT
without the money symbol.

Forrestfire
2007-08-29, 06:44 PM
any comments on the Semi Dead?

Harold
2007-08-29, 06:50 PM
the semi-dead seems fine to me but I'm not a homebrew race expert.
Kiren once again I stat somthing for you.

sword of truth

This + 1 keen longsword gives you + 10 on diplomacy checks however if you attempt a bluff check it automatically fails, also you may not lie when you are using or carrying this sword.

CL 9 Zone of truth craft magic arms and armour price 2350gp.

Kiren
2007-08-29, 07:04 PM
the semi-dead seems fine to me but I'm not a homebrew race expert.
Kiren once again I stat somthing for you.

sword of truth

This + 1 keen longsword gives you + 10 on diplomacy checks however if you attempt a bluff check it automatically fails, also you may not lie when you are using or carrying this sword.

CL 9 Zone of truth craft magic arms and armour price 2350gp.

You are the official stater of my weapons, armor and items congradulations

Kiren
2007-08-29, 07:07 PM
Hmmm...Good idea. I think it should be a template as well.

Template:
Semi Dead
Creating a Semi dead
"Semi Dead" is an aquired template that may be added to any corporeal humanoid. A semi dead uses all the base creature's statistics exept as noted.

Size and Type
The creature's type changes to abberation. Size is unchanged.

Special Attacks
Spell-Like Abilities: Due to the necromantic energies running through their bodies, All Semi Dead can use Inflict Minor Wounds Twice Per Day.

Feed: 3 times per day, a Semi-Dead may feed a fresh corpse, regaining Hit Points equal to the creature's hit dice.

Special Qualities
-Unlike Other abberations, Semi Dead do not have darkvision, they do, however, have Low-Light Vision.

Undead Essence: Semi-Dead are treated as undead for the perposes of positive and negative energy. thay can also be turned or rebuked by clerics.
Turn Resistance +4: Although Semi-Dead can be turned, they are alive, making it very hard to do so. A Semi Dead is treated as 4 levels higher for the perposes of being turned or rebuked.

Near-Dead: Due to being so close to undeath, Semi Dead gain certain special traits:
-Semi Dead gain a +4 resistance bonus to saving throws against poison and disease.
-Semi Dead do not need to eat, breath, or sleep, although they must still rest to regain spells and powers.
-A Semi Dead may take feats and prestige classes as if it was undead

Abilities
Semi dead take a -6 penalty to charisma, and a +2 bonus to both Constitution and Intelligence.

Skills and Feats
Semi Dead enjoy a +2 bonus on listen, search, and spot checks due to their hightened senses.

Environment: Any
Organization: Same as base creature
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +1
Treasure: Same as base creature
Alignment: Any
Level Adjustment: +1

This is the age table

Starting Age......Middle Age......Old.....Venerable.....Max Age
....55..................300*.........400**.....--..............--....

*-1 to str and dex; +1 to int and wis

Edit: thanks

good very good

Forrestfire
2007-08-29, 07:17 PM

Gaelbert
2007-08-29, 07:27 PM
Haven't really homebrewed much before, but this got me off my lazy butt.
Item:
Boomerang
Ranged Weapon
+2 to hit
1d6, bludgeoning
You may choose to attack multiple targets. The first target gets a normal roll. The second to hit is at -5. The third to hit is at -10, and so on.

Craftor must have Chain Spell Feat from Complete Arcane
1 lbs.
It's based off of Dex.

Does that look good? I grabbed the idea from Link's boomerang.

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-29, 08:27 PM
*ok, my dictionary really sucks, and this forum has alot of good ideas*

Edit: Post one hundred

That said, what do you think the race and class submissions I made?

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-29, 08:34 PM
Would my little deathwatch house rule (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55287) count towards this project?

Kiren
2007-08-29, 08:42 PM
Would my little deathwatch house rule (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55287) count towards this project?

its a spell, so ya

Kiren
2007-08-29, 08:46 PM
That said, what do you think the race and class submissions I made?

ya those are good, talk to azza about races, im filling in for now but I belive something was said about to many races, they probaly can still get in

Gaelbert
2007-08-29, 08:53 PM
Do you think my boomerang would be approved, or does it need editing?

Kiren
2007-08-30, 12:57 AM
Do you think my boomerang would be approved, or does it need editing?

i think its good

Gaelbert
2007-08-30, 01:08 AM
I have some ideas for a warlock prestige class, I'll post it here when I have the time.

Kiren
2007-08-30, 09:36 AM
Feat {Bone Breaker}
prerequisites: 18 strength unarmed strike
benefit: after succeeding a grapple check, you can chose to break a arm or leg of the person grappled, dc 18+1 for every character level of the person grappled, if succeeded the captive persons bone is broken, if a arm is broken, that one cannot be used for carrying, or wielding anything, the whole arms armor slots are useless, a leg makes it hard to walk and dealing 1 damage every 50 feet, with a dc 10 to walk, if failed you trip in pain, all leg slots a made useless from this. Broken bones take 6 weeks to heal, but take twice as long if not wrapped.
Attacks directed tword the broken bone make twice as much damage, every attack directed at that part adds one day to the healing time, A person with a broken bone take 1 negative point in strength, dexterity and constitution, and take a -2 penalty to intimidate checks.

Kiren
2007-08-30, 09:56 AM
Bone crusher

a mallet that has a 5 percent chance when hitting the enemy to break the bones of that enemy * without feat*

Class: Enrager * a class that gets the feat free at first level*

Harold
2007-08-30, 10:19 AM
The boomerang looks fine but we need more details like the weight and what do your add str or is like a bow? but everything else looks good.
Anyways I'll stat up one of kirens things.

Bone crusher

This +1 War hammer on a critical breaks the targets bone, then roll a d4 to see which arm or leg it breaks if it is a arm they may not hold anything including a sheild or weapon in that hand if it is a leg half their movement (this wears of in a week unless they use any magical healing then it is a day also if they use a restoration spell it is instantanieous.)
CL 10 craft magic arms and armor price + 4350gp.

Gaelbert
2007-08-30, 11:05 AM
Feat:
Called Shot

You may choose to attack another persons limb. You attack at a -4. If you hit an arm, they make all actions with that arm at a -2 penalty, such as attacking. If you make a called shot to their leg, their maximum movement speed is decreased by 5 ft. The penalties last for 30 minutes.

Kiren
2007-08-30, 11:44 AM
Feat:
Called Shot

You may choose to attack another persons limb. You attack at a -4. If you hit an arm, they make all actions with that arm at a -2 penalty, such as attacking. If you make a called shot to their leg, their maximum movement speed is decreased by 5 ft. The penalties last for 30 minutes.

Perfect! thanks for making the limb shot feats

Kiren
2007-08-30, 06:34 PM
fist of fire
monk unarmed attacks do fire dammage

fist of electricity
monk unarmed attacks do shocking damage

fist of ice
monk unarmed attacks do cold damage

*presquites: monk, improved unarmed*

Harold
2007-08-30, 07:25 PM
I made a new weapon "the sword of fright" feel free to think up a new name.

Sword of fright
When this +1 keen bastard sword strikes a creature/person they must make a saving (the creators int +1 per 3 castor levels) throw vs. fear or flee for 1d6 rounds. If the saving throw is made they have -2 to hit next round.

CL 13 craft magic arms and armor. price + 8750gp.

balanced??

Kiren
2007-08-31, 03:21 PM
riding phoenix:riding rules for phoenix

Kiren
2007-08-31, 03:22 PM
I made a new weapon "the sword of fright" feel free to think up a new name.

Sword of fright
When this +1 keen bastard sword strikes a creature/person they must make a saving (the creators int +1 per 3 castor levels) throw vs. fear or flee for 1d6 rounds. If the saving throw is made they have -2 to hit next round.

CL 13 craft magic arms and armor. price + 8750gp.

balanced??
cool sword, i know nothing about balance

Kiren
2007-09-01, 11:36 AM
SpellHammer: A prestige class, that uses magic with blunt weapons

Kiren
2007-09-01, 04:05 PM
Tin foil sword
Tin foil sheild
tin foil hat
tin foil armor

( all +1, though spells cant detect ability's on them until they are used)

Azaa
2007-09-01, 05:07 PM
HJSKFKGHFHGAFKJGFAKHJ!!!!!!!!! Thanks kiren for covering me! And i notice some things that need to be answerd so i will: yes every idea is welcome and plz stop asking for comments on your ideas (makes me feal bad when i dont). And also im looking for some one to get ideas from other fourms so if ya want to do that tell me first! Oh and HEY YALL!:biggrin:

Kiren
2007-09-01, 05:13 PM
HJSKFKGHFHGAFKJGFAKHJ!!!!!!!!! Thanks kiren for covering me! And i notice some things that need to be answerd so i will: yes every idea is welcome and plz stop asking for comments on your ideas (makes me feal bad when i dont). And also im looking for some one to get ideas from other fourms so if ya want to do that tell me first! Oh and HEY YALL!:biggrin:

wb azaa, ill see if I have time to start a thread on a website I know of

Kiren
2007-09-01, 05:21 PM
Acmefiy (got the idea from azaas sig, a spell that makes affects to the dms will, Its a spell that gives the dm complete control of the laws of physics, it requires hand gestures, vocal, xp cost of 100 and a explosive material component, let me attempt to spellafiy this

Acmefiy
Sorcerer/wizard 9
Requires vocal, hand gestures xp cost of 100 and a explosive material component
Effects: for 1 hour per caster level, the laws of physics for people withing 2 miles of the caster are changed, nothing deals lethal damage, all characters act loony, once a hour all characters must make a reflex save or a anvil will fall on them for 1d10 nonlethal damage, air walking is possible if the character doesn't realize he is, water walking also is part of this.The dm gains control of any other of the laws of physics he or she wishes to change.

Duke Malagigi
2007-09-01, 07:46 PM
How about this optional rule for this endevour? Wizard spells and science skills (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55040).

Forrestfire
2007-09-01, 08:28 PM
I've been working on a Naruto-like ninja class. I'll be sure to post it when i'm done.

EDIT: heres the thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55645

Kiren
2007-09-02, 01:51 AM
2 race ideas

High elves and low elves

Kiren
2007-09-02, 06:51 PM
Song Blade: a blade that sings, it can talk to weapons, armor and sheilds to

Kiren
2007-09-02, 06:53 PM
Song Blade: a blade that sings, it can talk to weapons, armor and sheilds too

Forrestfire
2007-09-02, 09:38 PM
This is what I have for the Chakra based Ninja class:

Table:
Chakra Ninja
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Chakra Pool, 1st Jutsu Chain, Skill Bonus or Ability, Jutsu

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|--

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Jutsu

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Skill Bonus or Ability

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Jutsu

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Bonus Ninja Feat

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|2nd Jutsu Chain, Jutsu

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6|Skill Bonus or Ability

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6|Jutsu

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+7|--

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+7|Jutsu

12th|
+9/+4|
+3|
+8|
+8|Bonus Ninja Feat, Skill Bonus or Ability

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Jutsu

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+9|3rd Jutsu Chain

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+9|Jutsu

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Skill Bonus or Ability

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Jutsu

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|Bonus Ninja Feat

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|Jutsu

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Skill Bonus or Ability[/table]

Other stuff:

Skills (4 Skill points per level, x4 at 1st level): Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (History, Ninja), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, and Use Rope.

Special:
Chakra Pool: A Ninja uses Chakra to power his abilities. A ninja’s Chakra Pool is equal to a Ninja’s Constitution times his character level times. If a Ninja runs out of Chakra, he falls unconscious until he has rested at least 4 hours, after which he regains 15% of his Chakra per hour rested.
Jutsu Chains: At first level and every seven levels after that, a ninja can learn from a new chain of Jutsu. A Chakra ninja automatically gains the Basic Jutsu chain at 1st level, in addition to the Jutsu Chain he chooses.
Jutsu: Jutsu are a ninja’s main ability. A Ninja learns a new Jutsu at first level, and every two levels after that. He may choose a Jutsu of a level half his Chakra Ninja Level, but only of a chain he knows.
Skill Bonus or Ability: At first level, and every level that is a multiple of 4 (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, ect…), A Chakra Ninja may choose to gain a +4 bonus to any one skill or to gain a special ability (The skill bonuses are cumulative).
The List of Special abilities are as follows:
Tree Walking: By focusing Chakra into his feet, a ninja can walk on walls and ceilings, as if by the spider climb spell. Use of this ability costs 1 point of Chakra per round used. A person with this ability can also spend 4 points of Chakra to fly straight up into the air a number of feet equal to double the ninja’s vertical reach (see jump skill, PHB P. 77).

Water-Walking: A ninja can spend 3 Chakra points per round to walk on liquids as if by the water walk spell, except you do not hover an inch above the surface to be walked on.
Prerequisites: Tree-Walking

Expert Thrower: A ninja with this ability doubles the range of any thrown weapon he wields. He also adds damage equal to one fifth of his character kevel (+1 at lv 4, +2 at lv 8, ect…).

Hide in Plane Sight: As the Ranger ability
Prerequisites: Hide 15 Ranks

Master Thrower: You triple the range on any thrown weapon you use. When throwing a weapon, you add 1/10th of you Chakra Ninja Level to the attack roll (round down)
Prerequisites: Expert Thrower

Poison Use: As the Assassin ability

Animal Companion: You gain an animal companion chosen from the following: Snake, Raven, Dog, or Cat.
Special: You may only take this ability at first level. Your first Jutsu Chain must be Beast-Master Jutsu.

Bonus Ninja Feat: At every level that is a multiple of six (6, 12, 18, 24, ect…), a Chakra Ninja gains a Ninja feat that he meets the requirements for.

Jutsu Chains:
Basic Jutsu,
Fire,
Water,
Wind,
High-Level Jutsu (prerequisite: 2 Jutsu chains, not including Basic Jutsu),
Forbidden (cannot be chosen, granted by a minor artifact),
Beast-Master Jutsu (prerequisite: Animal Companion Ability),

Kiren
2007-09-03, 11:43 PM
This is what I have for the Chakra based Ninja class:

Table:
Chakra Ninja
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Chakra Pool, 1st Jutsu Chain, Skill Bonus or Ability, Jutsu

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|--

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Jutsu

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Skill Bonus or Ability

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Jutsu

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Bonus Ninja Feat

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|2nd Jutsu Chain, Jutsu

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6|Skill Bonus or Ability

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6|Jutsu

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+7|--

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+7|Jutsu

12th|
+9/+4|
+3|
+8|
+8|Bonus Ninja Feat, Skill Bonus or Ability

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Jutsu

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+9|3rd Jutsu Chain

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+9|Jutsu

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Skill Bonus or Ability

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Jutsu

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|Bonus Ninja Feat

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|Jutsu

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Skill Bonus or Ability[/table]

Other stuff:

Skills (4 Skill points per level, x4 at 1st level): Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (History, Ninja), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, and Use Rope.

Special:
Chakra Pool: A Ninja uses Chakra to power his abilities. A ninja’s Chakra Pool is equal to a Ninja’s Constitution times his character level times. If a Ninja runs out of Chakra, he falls unconscious until he has rested at least 4 hours, after which he regains 15% of his Chakra per hour rested.
Jutsu Chains: At first level and every seven levels after that, a ninja can learn from a new chain of Jutsu. A Chakra ninja automatically gains the Basic Jutsu chain at 1st level, in addition to the Jutsu Chain he chooses.
Jutsu: Jutsu are a ninja’s main ability. A Ninja learns a new Jutsu at first level, and every two levels after that. He may choose a Jutsu of a level half his Chakra Ninja Level, but only of a chain he knows.
Skill Bonus or Ability: At first level, and every level that is a multiple of 4 (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, ect…), A Chakra Ninja may choose to gain a +4 bonus to any one skill or to gain a special ability (The skill bonuses are cumulative).
The List of Special abilities are as follows:
Tree Walking: By focusing Chakra into his feet, a ninja can walk on walls and ceilings, as if by the spider climb spell. Use of this ability costs 1 point of Chakra per round used. A person with this ability can also spend 4 points of Chakra to fly straight up into the air a number of feet equal to double the ninja’s vertical reach (see jump skill, PHB P. 77).

Water-Walking: A ninja can spend 3 Chakra points per round to walk on liquids as if by the water walk spell, except you do not hover an inch above the surface to be walked on.
Prerequisites: Tree-Walking

Expert Thrower: A ninja with this ability doubles the range of any thrown weapon he wields. He also adds damage equal to one fifth of his character kevel (+1 at lv 4, +2 at lv 8, ect…).

Hide in Plane Sight: As the Ranger ability
Prerequisites: Hide 15 Ranks

Master Thrower: You triple the range on any thrown weapon you use. When throwing a weapon, you add 1/10th of you Chakra Ninja Level to the attack roll (round down)
Prerequisites: Expert Thrower

Poison Use: As the Assassin ability

Animal Companion: You gain an animal companion chosen from the following: Snake, Raven, Dog, or Cat.
Special: You may only take this ability at first level. Your first Jutsu Chain must be Beast-Master Jutsu.

Bonus Ninja Feat: At every level that is a multiple of six (6, 12, 18, 24, ect…), a Chakra Ninja gains a Ninja feat that he meets the requirements for.

Jutsu Chains:
Basic Jutsu,
Fire,
Water,
Wind,
High-Level Jutsu (prerequisite: 2 Jutsu chains, not including Basic Jutsu),
Forbidden (cannot be chosen, granted by a minor artifact),
Beast-Master Jutsu (prerequisite: Animal Companion Ability),

nice class,

Forrestfire
2007-09-04, 04:09 PM
thanks. please tell me if you have any ideas i could include in it.

Azaa
2007-09-05, 12:07 AM
...........................sry guys haven't checked up on the fourm and you know why? Cause i got to much on my mind,you know school starting and my personal life sooooooooooooooo I got more bad news (as if we need more:smallannoyed:) i am canceling the thread and going to reopen it next summer. Yes next summer, but dont worry just find the thread next summer if you got ideas or if you cant hold it in find a diffrent thread hosted bye Kiren and (I think) DragonPrime. Also if you are Japaness, Chiness, or British then find these threads on 3 different fourms: (sry cant remember names and I am in a hurry) New players handbook for better gaming!-UK, You got ideas?-China, You got ideas (again lol i know)-Japaness. So i am going to shut this thread down in 3 days (or until i remember!?:smalleek:) so get out your babyes and ideas before then! BYE!!!!!!!!!! And Kiren good luck on that other fourm im looking forward to coming back on this handbook with alot of ideas!.....................I just sounded like it was going to end! And its not LOL! im just ending this thread...........wow climax!:smalltongue: or is it a:smallannoyed:

Azaa
2007-09-06, 11:13 PM
oh no one left anything? oh well i think i can keep this up for a lil while........or should i just end it now? :smallconfused:

Kiren
2007-09-07, 05:42 AM
oh no one left anything? oh well i think i can keep this up for a lil while........or should i just end it now? :smallconfused:
see how much more it gets, ill post to keep it active

Azaa
2007-09-10, 09:18 PM
ok Kiren i'll keep it up for a little more.

Kiren
2007-09-10, 09:29 PM
ok Kiren i'll keep it up for a little more.

ok,

Staff wizard: A wizard that uses a staff as a spell book,

Duke Malagigi
2007-09-10, 10:35 PM
My druid variant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56213).

Kiren
2007-09-11, 02:20 PM
My druid variant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56213).

Awesome I would play it

vivi
2007-09-12, 10:01 PM
how about an inherited template that lets you use wild shape like 1/day or 2/day with a level adjustment of maybe +2?

Duke Malagigi
2007-09-12, 10:32 PM
how about an inherited template that lets you use wild shape like 1/day or 2/day with a level adjustment of maybe +2?

I added in the druid rod to allow for limited wildshaping.

vivi
2007-09-13, 06:29 PM
I'm kinda joining in now. Heres a fiendish kitten!

Fiendish kitten
Tiny outsider
Hit Dice:5d8+5(30 hp)
Initiative:+5
Speed:30ft(6 squares) fly speed:30ft(6 squares)
Armor class:18(+2 size, +5 dex, +1 natural) touch 17, flatfooted13,
Base attack/grapple:+0/-10
Attack:claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack:2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite (1d8-1 minimum 1)
Space/Reach:2-1/2 ft./5ft.
Special Attacks:smite good 3/day (+5 damage against good)
Special qualities:Darkvision, damage reduction:5/magic, immunity to poison, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, a fiendish kittens claws and bite attack are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, scent, spell resistance 15.
Saves:Fort+3, Ref+7, Will+1,
Abilities:Str 7, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 9,
skills:balance +7, jump +13, hide +8
Feats:weapon fineness
Environment:Any
Organization:Any
Challenge rating:?
Alignment:CE
level adjustment:?

Look good?

vivi
2007-09-13, 06:31 PM
I added in the druid rod to allow for limited wildshaping.

yay! you added wild shape!

Duke Malagigi
2007-09-13, 07:00 PM
yay! you added wild shape!

But if you get hit with a druid rod you'll need either a remove curse (or similar possibly site based effect) or be touched by the same or another druid rod. They can also be sundered or stolen.

vivi
2007-09-14, 09:47 PM
But if you get hit with a druid rod you'll need either a remove curse (or similar possibly site based effect) or be touched by the same or another druid rod. They can also be sundered or stolen.

huh? can you explain that again?

Duke Malagigi
2007-09-15, 05:49 PM
huh? can you explain that again?

A touch from a druid rod can transform someone into an animal or reverse the process if in the hands of a druid. A remove curse can also undo the effect.

Kiren
2007-09-15, 09:49 PM
A touch from a druid rod can transform someone into an animal or reverse the process if in the hands of a druid. A remove curse can also undo the effect.

I found a way to use weapons that only specific races can use, kill and skin a member of that race and make a glove of their skin

Duke Malagigi
2007-09-15, 10:03 PM
I found a way to use weapons that only specific races can use, kill and skin a member of that race and make a glove of their skin

Okay, what exactly are you talking about?

Kiren
2007-09-15, 10:58 PM
Okay, what exactly are you talking about?

using a weapon that can only be used by a certain race or class

vivi
2007-09-17, 08:40 PM
how about a magic bow that can shoot threw time? a sword that could slice threw the fabric of the world to create holes that can be used as portals to other planes?

Kiren
2007-09-17, 09:02 PM
a bow that hits its target in 3 rounds of the enemy, thats a good idea

vivi
2007-09-19, 06:04 PM
a bow that hits its target in 3 rounds of the enemy, thats a good idea

thanks, glad you like it( or at least I hope I gave you the idea for that).:smallsmile: