PDA

View Full Version : Using the Binding spell.

Mercurial
2017-11-17, 10:20 PM
I'm somewhat to this so any help will be much appreciated. As I understand it the DC for a saving throw is (10 + lvl of spell + primary ability modifier + mods). But the spell Binding allows you to use assistants to increase your caster level, not your spell level, in order to counter someone who might otherwise manage to make the saving throw. Is this a mistake or am I not reading the rules correctly?

Nifft
2017-11-17, 10:21 PM
I'm somewhat to this so any help will be much appreciated. As I understand it the DC for a saving throw is (10 + lvl of spell + primary ability modifier + mods). But the spell Binding allows you to use assistants to increase your caster level, not your spell level, in order to counter someone who might otherwise manage to make the saving throw. Is this a mistake or am I not reading the rules correctly?

This is why:

The target gets an initial saving throw only if its Hit Dice equal at least one-half your caster level.

Mercurial
2017-11-17, 10:24 PM
This is why:

Oh, God, I read that wrong. Thx, I am playing this game next week and the DM is letting us start with lvl 15 chars. I was thinking of playing an Enchanter. Thanks a lot. I was reading the book backwards and forwards, trying to square the rules ive memorized with the spell.

Nifft
2017-11-17, 10:24 PM
Oh, God, I read that wrong. Thx, I am playing this game next week and the DM is letting us start with lvl 15 chars. I was thinking of playing an Enchanter. Thanks a lot. I was reading the book backwards and forwards, trying to square the rules ive memorized with the spell.

Delighted to assist.

Hope you succeed in binding the ... thing.