PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Homebrew Index?

frogglesmash
2017-11-17, 11:43 PM
Just wondering if there was any kind of repository for all the homebrew that's floating around in the playground, or whether I'm basically stuck with finding neat stuff by chance, and/or wading through the cesspool that is the dandwiki.

Nifft
2017-11-17, 11:45 PM
For some specific subtypes, like homebrew ToB martial maneuver schools, there have been curated collections -- that one in particular is on MinMax, if you're interested.

Celestia
2017-11-18, 01:12 AM
I have a personal index of my own homebrew in my sig because I'm crazy organized like that. Don't know about anything else, though. I don't really read homebrew.

Fizban
2017-11-18, 04:24 AM
There is no master index kept by the site or anything. The best compilations tend to be those of the various authors, which can often be found in their sigs. There's the Homebrewer's Extended Signature thread for those which you can just check directly. Or use the search function narrowed down to the homebrew forum to look for stuff.

Palanan
2017-11-18, 12:31 PM
Are there any lists or compilations of "Top Playground Homebrew" or anything like that?

Naturally each brewer keeps a list of their own material, but what about an overall survey of the best in the Playground?

Nifft
2017-11-18, 01:02 PM
Are there any lists or compilations of "Top Playground Homebrew" or anything like that?

Naturally each brewer keeps a list of their own material, but what about an overall survey of the best in the Playground?

The currently best-accepted survey of core content -- Jaron K.'s tier list -- is cursory at best, and it's still causing bitter disagreement years later.

Homebrew greatly exceeds core content in quantity, and the error bars on quality are probably much bigger.

Goaty14
2017-11-18, 08:02 PM
Don't know about anything else, though. I don't really read homebrew.

I like Jormengand's 'brew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17189310&postcount=245). I just really hope that they could split the homebrewer's sig thread into sections by edition.