PDA

View Full Version : Best spells for a fledgling Unseen Seer

Warrnan
2017-11-17, 11:59 PM
So I知 building a caster rogue to take unseen seer. What spells, feats, and magic items are useful for a sneak attacking caster? It looks like the guide to sneak attacking casters is broken.

Thanks in advance. Level 1 rogue. Then 4 of wizard. Strong heart halfling. So far I have craven, point blank shot, precise shot, and able learner (dm allows it for any race), improved initiative from martial wizard acf.

What familiar acf would you pick up? Abrupt jaunt, or is there something specifically better for a rogue/wizard hybrid?

Thanks so much!!

Nifft
2017-11-18, 12:39 AM
Abrupt Jaunt is fantastic.

Do you have access to Dragon Magazine stuff? If so there are some other good familiar-trade ACFs.

Practiced Spellcaster might be a necessary feat -- note how Unseen Seer reduces your CL for non-Divination spells.

There's a sneak attack spellcaster guide here: http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1240.0

Warrnan
2017-11-18, 04:22 PM
We don稚 do dragon magazine but I think I値l stick with abrupt jaunt. I知 sure it値l save my bacon many times.

Thanks for the heads up on practice spell caster. I値l go read that guide now.

Happy adventuring!

The Viscount
2017-11-18, 04:42 PM
I'd highly recommend Detect Fire for an advanced learning from unseen seer. The spell's name is misleading, as its true utility lies in the fact that it can detect any living creature that doesn't have the cold subtype.

Wracking touch is a damaging touch spell that lets you add your sneak attack damage without fulfilling the normal requirements, so is a worthy addition.

Epic Legand
2017-11-18, 05:02 PM
Vampiric Touch is a gem. You do your normal damage PLUS your sneak attack, and gain HP from BOTH. Of course, you must be invisible or something first.