PDA

View Full Version : Dumb, strong humanoid race needed

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-11-18, 02:29 AM
Its late and I need help thinking even with a monster manual in hand.

Besides picking two dumb thug humans I am looking for a race of humanoids which could drag a rich gal around on a rickshaw and act as dumb as an ox body guard types. If nothing comes up two human male thugs would do.

Thanks in advance guys!

Nifft
2017-11-18, 02:32 AM
Orcs are made for this.

Unoriginal
2017-11-18, 05:16 AM
Its late and I need help thinking even with a monster manual in hand.

Besides picking two dumb thug humans I am looking for a race of humanoids which could drag a rich gal around on a rickshaw and act as dumb as an ox body guard types. If nothing comes up two human male thugs would do.

Thanks in advance guys!

Orcs, Ogres (they're Giants, not humanoids, but still), Lizardfolk, Goliath (if those two in particular are dumb)

SirGraystone
2017-11-18, 09:01 AM
Half-Ogre, Str 17 Int 7, more likely to be found in a city then a full ogre or orc

NecroDancer
2017-11-18, 09:40 AM
Three goblins in a trench coat

Throne12
2017-11-18, 09:41 AM
Just use the thug stat block and just Describe them to look like what ever you want them to be like a half orc, goliath, bugbear, dragonborn, a buffed up tiefling. Or maybe you want to go with a par of Oni's. I don't know why a pair or Oni are carrying around a girl on a rickshaw.

Slipperychicken
2017-11-18, 09:47 AM
A pair of particularly-dumb goliaths would do nicely.

Puh Laden
2017-11-18, 09:48 AM
Just be sure their names are Rick and Shaw.

Foxhound438
2017-11-18, 02:48 PM
a skeleton and a gelatinous cube

those are humanoid, right?

Durazno
2017-11-18, 03:29 PM
They don't necessarily have to be the same, right? Like you could have an short orc and a tall lizardman, to get kind of a Horace and Jasper (101 Dalmations) feel for them.

Though since the idea of races being dumb irks me, I'd have be inclined to have one or both of them secretly much smarter than she gives them credit for.

Temperjoke
2017-11-18, 03:36 PM
They wouldn't necessarily need to be dumb as a race, just some sort of enchantment enslaving them would do, like built in to their slave collars.

Dudewithknives
2017-11-18, 03:42 PM
A pair of orcs would work super well.

Not sure what settings g or how official things need to be but how about a pair of rather simple warforged.

Conversely if humanoid is not a must how about a golem?

Arkhios
2017-11-18, 03:42 PM
a skeleton and a gelatinous cube

those are humanoid, right?

Depends on the skeleton's origin, I suppose. Animals tend to have skeletons too!

KorvinStarmast
2017-11-18, 03:45 PM
Two mountain dwarfs. Pic low int. Their strength and con fits this just fine. (+2 str +2 con racial)

Foxhound438
2017-11-18, 04:57 PM
Depends on the skeleton's origin, I suppose. Animals tend to have skeletons too!

this is offensive to illithids

Vorok
2017-11-18, 05:40 PM
Using orcs as dumb thugs is such a cliche...

Why not use (half-)elves, halflings, or gnomes instead?

Talamare
2017-11-18, 06:24 PM
Sounds like you're looking for the Mul from 4e

It was a Half Dwarf/Half Human Race, however the race is considered inherently deformed. Becoming insanely stout and strong and incredibly dumb.
Thus used heavily for slave labor.

Their unique racial feature was Tireless, in that they only need to sleep once every 72 hours, and don't need to roll for exhaustion.
The other being that they can basically remove most status effects from themselves.

Unoriginal
2017-11-18, 06:27 PM

It's true elves, halflings and gnomes can be strong and dumb, too.

Could be fun if the players don't take them seriously at first because they don't fit their expectation.

Slipperychicken
2017-11-18, 11:23 PM

I'd be amused at a pair of jacked, brainless elf brothers working as bodyguards. The rich young lady could well have just picked them for their eternal good looks, or possibly their 'elven longevity' behind closed doors...

Durazno
2017-11-19, 03:03 AM
I'd be amused at a pair of jacked, brainless elf brothers working as bodyguards.

If you're not allergic to pop culture references, their names could be Point and Break. Or I guess Hans and Franz?

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-11-19, 11:53 PM
Man, some good ideas here. I just might go with the dumb elf jock idea with maybe a touch of magical enchantment. That's slightly twisted especially if the players think about it enough.

krugaan
2017-11-19, 11:57 PM
They don't necessarily have to be the same, right? Like you could have an short orc and a tall lizardman, to get kind of a Horace and Jasper (101 Dalmations) feel for them.

Though since the idea of races being dumb irks me, I'd have be inclined to have one or both of them secretly much smarter than she gives them credit for.

Spanish swordsman looking for a 6 fingered man, and an ex pro wrestler giant?

Kane0
2017-11-20, 12:01 AM
Aww, was going to suggest centaur.