PDA

View Full Version : what's your favroite book?

randomguyonfire
2007-08-18, 06:06 PM
this is just a little topic for people to discuss there favorite dnd supplement books saying witch ones they like and why

Volug
2007-08-18, 06:10 PM
mostly the Libris Mortis.

I think that its Dungeons are awsome i need to put 1 or 2 into my campains some time as well :smallamused:

Sir Jason
2007-08-18, 06:18 PM
Hummm.... I'd have to go with The Draconomicon. Seconded by Races of the Dragon.

Me likey dragons.

If you DON'T have a weird obsession with fire-breathing, flying lizards of doom (there are people who don't!?) then I like Complete Scoundrel quite a bit too. The archetypes are really useful, and its got quite a few useful spells, rules, and several really good feats (like the ones for stacking rogues and swashbucklers or the one for stacking ninjas and monks). Its a good read, too.

Kultrum
2007-08-18, 07:11 PM
Hmmm... as a player I would say, ToB gotta love maneuvers and as a DM dungeonscape hehe zombie wall

DraPrime
2007-08-18, 07:16 PM
Libris Mortis, Dungeonscape, PHII, Draconimicon, and Heroes of Horror are my favorites. (Heroes of Horror happens to be the best IMO)

Kultrum
2007-08-18, 07:23 PM
Libris Mortis, Dungeonscape, PHII, Draconimicon, and Heroes of Horror are my favorites. (Heroes of Horror happens to be the best IMO)

oh how could I forget heroes of horror I love anti-heroes with sorted pasts and dark powers they're so cool to play (not being sarcastic... they rock)

Anxe
2007-08-18, 08:28 PM
Complete Adventurer because it has a Paladin Assassin (Shadowbane Inquisitor) in it.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-08-18, 08:32 PM
That's a tough one...

I'm torn between 4 of them. Both of the Fiendish Codices, Magic of Incarnum and Tome of Battle.

Machete
2007-08-18, 08:40 PM
Arms and Equipment Guide

There is nothing like stuffing bags of holding full of obscure stuff useful in only very specific situations. That, 500 pounds of wood, two years worth of food, barrels of water, and every outfit available.

martyboy74
2007-08-18, 08:58 PM
Expanded Psionics Handbook.

It's magic...but it makes sense! And it doesn't suck!