PDA

View Full Version : Spam casting lesser planar binding while searching for vampires

mehs
2017-11-18, 12:06 PM
The vampires we were trying to find were in a large city, so I spam casted lpb to summon scouts to find then (it took 5 days). Now comes the actual dungeon crawl, I have 7 coures, 9 mustevals, 4 hound archons, and 4 equinals. All except the hound archons can cast magic missile, all except the coures can do it at will. What do.

This has led to almost 200 damage in 2 rounds.

And separate question, hound archons greater teleport (at will, self plus 50 lbs) and bag of holding (holding people). Yes or no?

KillianHawkeye
2017-11-18, 06:39 PM
And separate question, hound archons greater teleport (at will, self plus 50 lbs) and bag of holding (holding people). Yes or no?

It's unlikely for most Medium-sized player characters to be able to fit through the two foot opening of a bag of holding, but a portable hole would do the trick.

mehs
2017-11-18, 07:12 PM
Wait is the hole 2 foot diameter or 2 sq feet? I measured my shoulders real quick and they are less than 2 feet wide.
I had a ruler right next to me.

KillianHawkeye
2017-11-19, 10:50 AM
Wait is the hole 2 foot diameter or 2 sq feet? I measured my shoulders real quick and they are less than 2 feet wide.
I had a ruler right next to me.

Were you wearing armor or a backpack or a bunch of weapons? Are you as well-muscled as a half-orc or as broad as a dwarf, or are you more like a slender elf? :smallamused:

noob
2017-11-19, 02:09 PM
Use a rod of wonder until you get shrank.
Now since the effect does not have an indicated duration it is probably instant.
Congratulation now you can enter in a bag of holding with ease and you got +8 to attack rolls and to armor and +8 dex at the small cost of -10 str and -2 con and -16 to grapples.

mehs
2017-11-19, 02:38 PM
Elf wizard in regular clothing.

KillianHawkeye
2017-11-19, 11:51 PM
Elf wizard in regular clothing.

Elf wizard? Sure, elves are known to be slender and graceful. It's not like I used the words "unlikely" and "most Medium-sized characters"..., oh wait, yes I did. Exceptions definitely exist, but on average a lot of characters won't fit inside a sack no matter how deep it is.

Crake
2017-11-20, 12:10 AM
a bag of holding is cited as appearing to be a simple sack with dimensions 2ftx4ft. That would mean the circumference of it's opening is 4ft (2ft at the top, doubled since it's laying flat in 2 layers). We could use that to calculate the diameter when the sack is opened to a complete circle, but lets be honest, people aren't circles, we're closer to very tight ovals. Basically, as long as the widest part of your body doesn't exceed a 4ft diameter (for most people the problem points would be either their shoulders if they're fit, possibly their hips if they're a girl, or their stomach if they're overweight), but I think most people would be able to wriggle into a bag of holding. I think it's less a case of being able to get into the bag of holding being an exception, than not being able to get into one.... except maybe for dwarves.