PDA

View Full Version : Deck of Many Things Shenanigans - Or, How to Use My Three Remaining Wishes

atemu1234
2017-11-18, 02:20 PM
So, thanks to the effects of a Deck of Many Things given to my party, who are, btw, level 4/5 on average, I now have a wish that I may use at any time from here on in as a spell-like ability, usable once, and two wishes on a Luck Blade. I also now have a castle on a cape, and a fourth level (Dvati, same as my character) fighter in my service. How best should I use these, without resorting to things like chain-gating or becoming Pun-Pun?

BWR
2017-11-18, 02:26 PM
Save them to avoid TPKs or make certain plot-relevant situations easier/solved entirely.

the_david
2017-11-18, 05:56 PM
Save them to avoid TPKs or make certain plot-relevant situations easier/solved entirely.This, or don't use them at all. Be careful not to use the word wish around your DM.

ATHATH
2017-11-18, 06:11 PM
1. Wish all remaining Decks of Many Things out of existence.
2. Wish that Truenamers, Knights, and Monks didn't suck.
3. Wish that your DM would tone done the Monty Haul-ness a little bit.

rel
2017-11-19, 08:37 PM
A tome of +5 to a stat is a solid upgrade that won't break your game.

Defensive items like a ring of freedom or armour of proof against transmutation will increase your survivability without unbalancing things

custom staffs with pricey utility or restorative spells can help the whole party but shouldn't unbalance things

If your build has an obvious weak point or deficiency a graft, permanent spell or specific item to cover it is often a good idea.

BearonVonMu
2017-11-20, 12:27 PM
I'm going to second either raising one of your stats (which have a one to one ratio of Wish to Stat point), with saving one for avoiding a party wipe.
It's not one of the safe wishes, but I generally like "I wish you were dead" as a trump card.
Or save them to wish your party members weren't dead? Wish for a contingent Revivify upon the next time you become an eligible target?
If you have a party of three people, put a contingent revivify upon each of you?