PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Changling factotum multiple personalilty disorder

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-11-18, 11:06 PM
I have came up with a PC that can do a little bit of everything. yes builds have been done and etc etc. But this one is relying on the Changling built ability to change himself to look different. This changling is to suffer from Dissociative identity disorder or mutliple personalitly disorder. Im figuring a Central "persona" that understand whats going on. Second which would be the spell caster. Third would be the relgious one. And a foruth that is the brute/fighter.

I would set a few outlines as to what could change his current mind. injury to himself would make the fighter come out more then the other 2. If a religous issue has arisen the Priest side might fight to control to help. Or maybe a mystical issue which the mage would come out. Make Em 1/5 6/10 11/15 16/20 and set each set to a grid for em. And ofc have the centeral persona understand there is more of "them" then just one for some reason.

With him being a changling figure i could do the whole bullied into making his own friends i.e himself.

Anyone have any ideas or any preset/made stuff that would help this function more smoothly or easily?

Any help would be great!

ATHATH
2017-11-18, 11:15 PM
Go Google "Chameleon prestige class D&D 3.5". Then Google "Master of Masks prestige class D&D 3.5".

Note that you might have to use the Racial Emulation feat to qualify for Chameleon.

Also, pro(?)-tip: Playing a character with MPD has been done before, and IIRC, it's a really bad idea. Others here might be able to tell you more.

The Viscount
2017-11-19, 02:07 PM
As mentioned, Chameleon is a good class for this. The sidebar explains that you don't need racial emulation.
"If you're using the EBERRON Campaign Setting, the chameleon prestige class should be available to changeling player characters as well as humans and doppelgangers."

Quick Change might be of use to you since changing otherwise is a full round action.

You might like persona immersion to make the personalities feel more "real" as well as the mechanical benefit.