PDA

View Full Version : My Project: (Recruiting)

Nightclaws
2007-08-18, 07:45 PM
Ok, this is a project been rolling through my mind. I first was thinking of a new unique way to take d20 and make a new game based from d20. Then it hit me. But before I tell you, READ THIS WHOLE POST, I do have somethings to back this up.

Armies of Lunarverse. (Name just randomized, But the armies bit is the base)

Basically, This is a d20 game where, instead of enterring dungeons, you stand across a battlefield or defend your base with armies. Instead of your heroes, you have troops. Now, This is where it gets complicated.

Your army will consist of the following;
Troops, Whether they be Infantry (Ground) Cavalry (On Back of Animal) or Archers (Ranged) or Aerial (Air), There will be more like Spellcasters, Siege, Large Animals (Elephants Trolls), Medium Sized Animals (Wolves, Boars), etc etc, when I get more detail into this.
Generals: Each army has two free generals.
Hero: One hero.

Ok, Sounds simple and, Boring. But stick with me, it gets better.

Right, You start off with one hero, two generals and an amount of points. These points are to buy units, which costs vary by the race you pick as your army. Basic infantry for Humans may be 100 points per 5 units for example, If you had 1000 points, that would give you 500 units which can be split between differant groups, Meanwhile, Dwarves may cost 125 per 5 units, because of various bonuses. It can be changeable depending on race.

Another reason for your points is to buy armour, for your troops, weapons or magic. Armour would give your units a bonus defence in battle, Weapons an extra attack but magic is differant. Magic can be decided by your race. Each race will be given 3 types of magic it is allowed. you get one of these magics free but you must buy the other two if you wish. This magic will give you access to spells depending on your armies level. Lets say Human gets the powers of Arcane, Holy and Shadow as their three magics. Could pick Shadow as their free and buy Arcane. Spells may be taken one level below the required, but it would cost you points. I have my 0-level Shadow spell, Say, Blood Sacrifice, but i want a level 1 skill even though i'm level 0, I will spend X points to buy Shadowbolt. (Or something like that)

More reasons to use points will come later.

The Battlefield:

The battlefield can be split into either three types:
1: Army verses army, Basic battlefield, Same amount of points, Fight.
2: Army verses castle. Defending or attacking the castle. The Castle would have basic points but the attackers would get more points to spend on siege.
3: Castle verses Castle. Both gain extra points for siege.
Of course, Those points can be used on air too.

(Off note for ideas for points, Add to Castle fortitude or something)

A few other notes:
Now, This will let you have two players instead of getting a whole group together, And you can add players into the battlefield if you wish. But wheres the Dungeon Master, Or storyteller. How can he have a role?
Thought about this a bit and I came to this conclusion;
This is a world of monsters and magic, Just because YOUR fighting, doesn't mean the monsters are gonna sit back and watch. And events are gonna happen, it could rain, which could cause your units to slow down. Some Gnolls might think your trying to attack them and join in the fray. Maybe a passing dragon was hungry, who knows. That would be up to your WM, War Master. :D Which would be optional. So that works.

Any other questions, Feel free to tell me.

Now, For my recruition;
You see, This is work in progress. I thought of this and want to adapt it. I would really appreciate some help with this. It does NOT have a forum yet, Although I plan to make one as soon as I have time.

If you would be willing to help me, Post here or PM me OR email me, Emailing WOULD be easier. [email protected]

I thank you for reading and hope you may indulge in my idea and help me develop it. And sorry, my grammar sorta sucks.

Zafuel
2007-08-19, 05:52 AM
This sounds much more like tabletop strategy battles, not roleplaying.

Nightclaws
2007-08-19, 06:15 AM
Yea, It will update, This is just a basic idea. I'm trying to come up with ideas for making this more roleplay.

We have a forum now.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Lunarverse_Armies/index.php?act=idx

Eric Desbiens
2007-08-21, 04:39 AM
Here is a thought on how I would do something like you describe using the d20 System.

Each players is a general that control a single battalion in the same army. Your battalion is treat like a character with ability scores, classes and levels.

Your battalion have a class representing the kind of troops that compose it. For example, classes could be Infantry, Archer, Cavalry. A single class battalion have all the same kinds of troops, while multi-classing a battalion would mean mixing different kinds of troops in the same battalion. A 2nd level Infantry might have a +2 to hit in melee, a 2nd level level Archer a +2 to hit with range attack while a 1st Infantry/1st Archer would have a +1 to hit with melee and range attack.

Levels should represents how strong is your general and how well trained your troops are. Feats gained should represents tactics known by your general while class feature should represents your troops strength.

Troops have sizes. A diminutive battalion might have only 10 soldiers and a Colossal one 10,000 soldiers. Small battalion are harder to hit but deal less damage while a larger battalion are easier to hit but deal more damage just like normal size modifier rules do.

I would use a vitality/wound points system for hp where vitality represents your troops and Wound points your general. At 0 vitality, all the troops are dead and the general is captured, at 0 wound points the general is killed in combat.

I would use a slot system like the spell casting system, but instead of spells, you would have special units. Special units strength range from level 1 to 9 and gives an edge to your battalion. Examples of Special units could be wizard that add elemental damage, Clerics that heal wounds, Necromancer that resurrect troops into zombies, Siege weapons to attack structure, Scouts that increase Spot and Listen skills of the battalion, etc. Before combat, you need to prepared special troops and cannot change them during combats.

For skills, I would reduce the list to skills that can be useful in combat only (Spot, Listen, Intimidate, Hide, Heal, etc). I would also add more Diplomacy skills that your general should have. Half the game should be diplomatic role-playing with foreign nations, rebels, evil races, etc. When Diplomacy failed, it is time for wars.

The game could be played players against players or DM against players.

DraPrime
2007-08-21, 08:34 AM
Well if you want to make this roleplaye then the best idea I have is that you include negotiations in this game.