PDA

View Full Version : New 5e Factions

the_brazenburn
2017-11-19, 01:22 PM
Are there any resources for additional factions in 5e? I would be particularly interested in rules for the Thayan Red Wizards and Luskan's Arcane Brotherhood.

mer.c
2017-11-19, 02:19 PM
Are there any resources for additional factions in 5e? I would be particularly interested in rules for the Thayan Red Wizards and Luskan's Arcane Brotherhood.

The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide has one paragraph on Thay and two on the Red Wizards. It has a few paragraphs on the Arcane Brotherhood and several pages on Luskan generally.

Unfortunately, I think that's about all there is in terms of 5e sourcebook material on them.

MeeposFire
2017-11-19, 06:17 PM
What kind of rules are you looking for exactly. Depending on what you want older books can still be a hep especially for fluff.

JackPhoenix
2017-11-19, 06:40 PM
DMG, p. 21-22

wilhelmdubdub
2017-11-19, 07:13 PM
Tomb of annihilation has plot hooks for the factions and I am pretty sure storm kings thunder does but I am not sure as I am currently playing it and haven't read the book due to spoilers.

Naanomi
2017-11-19, 08:40 PM
Given that the established factions are (mostly) an AL device; I don’t see a lot of different factions coming unless we happen to move away from the Sword Coast (or away from Faerun all together)

mer.c
2017-11-19, 09:25 PM
Given that the established factions are (mostly) an AL device; I don’t see a lot of different factions coming unless we happen to move away from the Sword Coast (or away from Faerun all together)

Ohhhh, that would explain some things. I thought it seemed like the faction support was a little threadbare.

opaopajr
2017-11-19, 10:14 PM

Yup. And even then, given the "5 Colors of Magic the Gathering" splat of current AL Factions, at most I'd expect is a relabeling. I can already imagine the tortured phrasing for Kara-Tur or Zakhara equivalents.