Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (5)+Con mod

PROFICIENCIES
Armor: Light, Medium, Shields
Weapons: All
Tools: Any three artisans of your pick

Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Any one physical and any two mental

EQUIPMENT
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
-Necrodemic Exoskeleton
-Staff of Light
-Chronometron

Cryptek

—Spell Slots per Spell Level—

Level
Proficiency Bonus
Features
Cantrips
Known
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th

1st
+2
Spellcasting, Necrodemis, Reanimation Protocols
—
—
—
—
—
—
—
—

2nd
+2
Court
—
—
—
—
—
—
—
—

3rd
+2
-
—
—
—
—
—
—
—

4th
+2
Ability Score Improvement
—
—
—
—
—
—
—

5th
+3
-
—
—
—
—
—
—

6th
+3
Court Feature
—
—
—
—
—
—

7th
+3
-
—
—
—
—
—

8th
+3
—
—
—
—
—

9th
+4
-
—
—
—
—

10th
+4
Court Feature
—
—
—
—

11th
+4
-
—
—
—

12th
+4
—
—
—

13th
+5
-
—
—

14th
+5
Court Feature
—
—

15th
+5
-
—

16th
+5
—

17th
+6
-

18th
+6
Court Feature

19th
+6

20th
+6
Apotheosis

Spellcasting-Spellcasting is Intelligence based. Basically Wizard casting.

Necrodemis-Your soul, or what's left of it, is encased in an armored suit of living metal. As such, your AC may be equal to 9+your proficiency modifier+your Dexterity modifier.

Reanimation Protocols-Necrons are hard to kill. Like, really, really hard to kill. You automatically pass any death saving throw you make, and must fail a number of additional death saving throws equal to your level in order to actually die. In addition, unless your body is completely and totally dismembered AND separated, or turned to dust, you come back to life after 24 minus class level hours.

Court-Pick whether you want to be a Harbinger of:
-Despair
-Destruction
-Eternity
-Storm
-Transmogrification
-Astromancy
-Biomancy

Apotheosis-You become a true paragon of Necrontyr technology. Gain a +2 bonus to your current and maximum physical stats, to a max of 30.

Feed On Fear-At level two, whenever someone is Frightened in your presence, you gain proficiency bonus THP at the start of your turn. Double this if they are frightened of you.

Fear The Unknown-At level six, you can bypass immunity to fear. Whenever you cast a spell that causes fear, anyone normally immune instead makes a save with advantage. Anyone who would normally have advantage must make a normal save.

Despair Of The Damned-At level ten, you may, as a ten minute long ritual, instill someone with permanent despair. At the end of the ritual, during which the target must have been present the whole time, they must make a Charisma save against your Spell DC. On a failure, they are overwhelmed with despair. Treat them as having three levels of exhaustion that do not stack with actual exhaustion.

This effect may be removed with a Remove Curse, cast at at least 5th level, or a Restoration spell. Other spells may also work-talk to your DM-but in general, no spell of less than 5th level should work.

Contagious Gloom-At level fourteen, your fear and despair are contagious. Whenever you inflict the Frightened condition on someone, anyone they interact with is subject to the same effect (you may choose allies to be immune to this). Note that the duration stays the same-if, for instance, you cast a spell that inflicts Frightened for one minute, no one will stay frightened for longer than one minute after you first cast the spell.

In addition, your Despair of the Damned is also contagious, though it only spreads after being interacted with for an hour. Anyone who saves against the Despair is immune to being reinfected until they took a long rest.

Lord Of Fear-At level eighteen, anyone immune to fear now makes normal saves against your fear abilities. Anyone else makes saves with disadvantage. In addition, once per short rest, you may attempt to inflict an hour of Frightened on all enemies within 120' and line of sight of you as an action, requiring a Wisdom save against your Spell DC. They may repeat their saves at the end of each of your turns.

Potent Magic-At level two, you may add your Charisma modifier to all damage done with spells, including cantrips.

Piercing Spells-At level six, your spells are extra penetrating now. Resistance reduces damage by 1/4th, rather than half, and you do minimum damage to normally immune creatures. (For instance, a Fireball with a 16 Charisma (10d6+3) would deal 13 points of damage to a fire immune foe.)

More Dakka-At level ten, you may reroll any damage die that rolls half or less. You must keep the second result.

Echoes Of Death Past-At level fourteen, you may, once per long rest, cast a spell a second time without expending a spell slot. In order to do this, you must have killed something with this same spell in your last turn.

Destruction Incarnate-At level eighteen, you may, once per short rest, do max damage with a spell.

Speed Up-At level two, you gain a 10' bonus to your move speed.

Out Of Phase-At level six, you may cast Shield without expending a spell slot once per short rest, as you desync yourself from time for a brief instant.

Slow Down-At level ten, you may target an enemy within 120' as a bonus action. Their speed is halved until the start of your next turn.

Forever Gone-At level fourteen, you may attempt to permanently make a target out of sync with time. In a ten minute ritual, during which the target must be present the entire time, you begin the process. At the end, they must make an Intelligence saving throw against your spell DC. On a failure, they are moved approximately three seconds out of time. In effect, they see everything about three seconds late, and cannot affect anything. They are forever gone, stranded just outside of regular time. The only things they can interact with are other things you have placed out of time.

The only known ways to bring someone back from this are to either cast Wish, or to cast Time Stop in their presence and grapple them to forcibly drag them back into the proper time.

Master Of Time-At level eighteen, once per long rest, you may cast either Time Stop (as per usual) or Foresight (lasting one minute, concentration).

Stormcaller-At level two, you gain resistance to thunder and lightning damage.

Six

Ten

Fourteen

Eighteen

Two

Six

Ten

Fourteen

Eighteen

Two

Six

Ten

Fourteen

Eighteen

Two

Six

Ten

Fourteen

Eighteen

JNAProductions
2017-11-19, 11:00 PM
Reserved for Phaeron.

JNAProductions
2017-11-19, 11:01 PM
Reserved for Destroyer.

nickl_2000
2017-11-20, 09:26 AM
What is the Staff of Light and Chronometron
?

Despair Court:
Despair Of The Damned - This needs to have a way to remove it. Can it be removed with a Remove Curse spell? Maybe Restoration?

Destruction
Potent Magic - you add your Cha mod to all spells on an int based casting class? Is this intentional?

Eternity
Forever Gone - This seems almost silly OP to me. They are gone forever and there is nothing you can do about it? Can others remove a curse to get them back? This would be a silly simple way to remove a guard from the picture. That being said, it's a level 14 ability so maybe it's not that bad. However, it would be awful used against a PC. One thing I would add to all these 10 minute rituals, if they succeed in the check, then they shouldn't be able to have it used on them again in a week.

Revert - This would personally be a nightmare to me as a DM, enough so I wouldn't allow this subclass in my game (if it were going to level 18). However, very rarely do games get that high, so meh.

JNAProductions
2017-11-20, 10:12 AM
What is the Staff of Light and Chronometron
?

Despair Court:
Despair Of The Damned - This needs to have a way to remove it. Can it be removed with a Remove Curse spell? Maybe Restoration?

Destruction
Potent Magic - you add your Cha mod to all spells on an int based casting class? Is this intentional?

Eternity
Forever Gone - This seems almost silly OP to me. They are gone forever and there is nothing you can do about it? Can others remove a curse to get them back? This would be a silly simple way to remove a guard from the picture. That being said, it's a level 14 ability so maybe it's not that bad. However, it would be awful used against a PC. One thing I would add to all these 10 minute rituals, if they succeed in the check, then they shouldn't be able to have it used on them again in a week.

Revert - This would personally be a nightmare to me as a DM, enough so I wouldn't allow this subclass in my game (if it were going to level 18). However, very rarely do games get that high, so meh.

WIP for the Staff and Chronometron.

I'll add in Remove Curse and Restoration to remove it.

Charisma is intentional-you get the extra damage very early, so in order to keep it balanced, it makes you a little more MAD.

I'm not sure it's as OP as you think it is-it's a ten minute ritual during which the target has to present the entire time. I mean, sure, if you can convince a guard to stand down and let you cast a ten minute long ritual then you can get rid of them forever... But honestly, you could've also just stabbed them in the face.

What makes Revert so bad? It's one turn. And, if it really is that bad, what would you suggest to replace it?

nickl_2000
2017-11-20, 10:57 AM
WIP for the Staff and Chronometron.

I'll add in Remove Curse and Restoration to remove it.

Charisma is intentional-you get the extra damage very early, so in order to keep it balanced, it makes you a little more MAD.

Okay, I was just checking on that one.

I'm not sure it's as OP as you think it is-it's a ten minute ritual during which the target has to present the entire time. I mean, sure, if you can convince a guard to stand down and let you cast a ten minute long ritual then you can get rid of them forever... But honestly, you could've also just stabbed them in the face.

Fair enough. If you could add in something to make it usable on a person once per day or once per week that works for me. It would still be super annoying to have is used against a PC.

What makes Revert so bad? It's one turn. And, if it really is that bad, what would you suggest to replace it?

Revert may only be one turn (being pedantic here but considering the stupidity of turn/round in early additions, if you keep it change to 1 round for the sake of wording consistency), but it would likely be a massive turn. Given a BBEG fight between a high level 4 player party that is a few rounds in.

1) Battlemaster Fighter Action Surges to make 10+ attacks with maneuvers in there
2) BBEG uses multiple legendary actions and drops the fighter to 0 HP
3) Wizard casts disentegrate turning one big henchman to dust
4) Rogue sneaks up on BBEG triggering two different traps, taking a large amount of damage (in multiple step because it's two different traps) and sneak attack the BBEG
5) 6 Henchmen attack different people causing different damages
6) Sorcerer quickens a fireball, then tosses another fireball into the fray, dropping multiple people
7) Cleric Bonus action healing words the fighter, then casts another spell as well doing more damage to the BBEG
8) BBEG does whatever BBEG does.

So you need to bring back action surge, the maneuver, any legendary action with a cooldown, disentegrate, 2 traps, all damage from legendary action, bbeg, and henchmen to player, 2 fireballs worth of spells and the damage it causes, cleric spells and cleric AoE, and finally the BBEG damage/items.

Getting back the ability resources may not be to bad, but getting the HP for everyone back to where it was would be where I would be screaming as a DM (and possibly a player). I would make it through one battle and then I would never allow it again. Other DMs may be better at handling that than I would, but it would drive me nuts trying to roll back.

Now for options of what you could replace it with:
-You could have it work as an out of combat thing that turns back time (although that wouldn't be as useful for a capstone)
-Spend 5 sorcery points for one casting of timestop per long rest without using a spell slot? That would certain fit the flavour
-Spend 6 Sorcery points so for one minute you can see into the future to see all attacks coming at you. It grants advantage disadvantage on all attacks against you during this time
-Once per short rest you see the results of your spell (after you have rolled the damage and saves have been rolled, but before you know the impact). If you don't like it you can roll back 6 seconds of time and re-cast the spell or cast a different spell.
-You have power over time itself and can show one enemy an image of its own death and afterlife. As an action once per long rest, you can either use the image to cause the psychic torment (10d6 damage on a failed save or instant death on a passed one) to a single creature.
-You have power over time itself, and can pull your own life energy from your past youth. Once per long rest you are able to remove one negative condition (as per restoration spell) and heal 6d6 HP.

There are a few options. I personally like the visage of death doing psychic damage and being able to temporarily see a few seconds into the future to get disadvantage on attacks against you

JNAProductions
2017-11-20, 11:27 AM
I'll add in the ability to, once per long rest, cast Time Stop or Foresight (Foresight lasting one minute, concentration) instead of the current Revert. I'll note that you posited some illegal things (can't cast two non-cantrip spells in a turn) but the point is taken.

And actually, I was thinking this could be very interesting to be used on a player, so long as the whole party is caught-what happens when you're removed from the time stream, and find an entire civilization there, existing just out of time? I do agree that, being used on just ONE player, it would suck. I'll add in a clause about how to get back.

nickl_2000
2017-11-20, 11:34 AM
I'll add in the ability to, once per long rest, cast Time Stop or Foresight (Foresight lasting one minute, concentration) instead of the current Revert. I'll note that you posited some illegal things (can't cast two non-cantrip spells in a turn) but the point is taken.

And actually, I was thinking this could be very interesting to be used on a player, so long as the whole party is caught-what happens when you're removed from the time stream, and find an entire civilization there, existing just out of time? I do agree that, being used on just ONE player, it would suck. I'll add in a clause about how to get back.

Bugger, I didn't know quickened all that well. I did a quick search on reddit and someone there said that quickened had a rider that specifically allowed you to cast two real spells in a round. Next time I'll do more research. Being able to cast Time Stop or Foresight seems very flavorful and justly powerful to me (and hey, who doesn't want a free extra ninth level spell slot).

The time stream thing could actually be an introduction to a campaign if it were done on everyone :smallcool: