PDA

View Full Version : maximizing help, fighter 15/bard 5

drewmighty
2017-11-20, 01:12 AM
So with xanathar's guide, like everyone else I was looking over new stuff to play. However I also wanted to make sure I could dish out the pain. I know hand crossbows and fighter are some of the top damage in the game (with the feats), so I looked to see what I could multi class. I was wondering what would be worth giving up the final extra attack at and I began to think about whisper bard. A level 5 whisper bard gets some nice damage with blades and the best thing about going bard on a fighter is you get some nice stuff. Spell slots, expertise (so we can do more than fight), and you get all bardic inspiration on short rest which allows for more damage. Psychic blades mixed with cross bow shots can allow for some insane burst as we can just blow all the d6 in 1 round essentially. From what I could tell this seems like one of the better ways to go whisper bard. If we want to get 6th level bard we could do that too for the bardic ability, but we would be giving up our 15th level fighter ability. What are people's thoughts on this? Does this seem like a possible multi class that could work and do some good consistent damage?

PeteNutButter
2017-11-20, 02:04 AM
So with xanathar's guide, like everyone else I was looking over new stuff to play. However I also wanted to make sure I could dish out the pain. I know hand crossbows and fighter are some of the top damage in the game (with the feats), so I looked to see what I could multi class. I was wondering what would be worth giving up the final extra attack at and I began to think about whisper bard. A level 5 whisper bard gets some nice damage with blades and the best thing about going bard on a fighter is you get some nice stuff. Spell slots, expertise (so we can do more than fight), and you get all bardic inspiration on short rest which allows for more damage. Psychic blades mixed with cross bow shots can allow for some insane burst as we can just blow all the d6 in 1 round essentially. From what I could tell this seems like one of the better ways to go whisper bard. If we want to get 6th level bard we could do that too for the bardic ability, but we would be giving up our 15th level fighter ability. What are people's thoughts on this? Does this seem like a possible multi class that could work and do some good consistent damage?

Whispers ability says once per round on your turn. Damage would be no different than a rogue.

drewmighty
2017-11-20, 02:51 AM
Whispers ability says once per round on your turn. Damage would be no different than a rogue.

Oh my bad, thank you