PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Halfling cavalier

Amdy_vill
2017-11-20, 09:44 AM
this is my current build for a halfing fighter who rides a mastiff. this is for my next game witch should start in a month or two. i can use anything exempted unearthed. could people help with improving this build.

race: halfling
class fighter 20
background: undecided
str 15
dex 15
con14
int 8
wis 12
cha 10

Weapon
lance

feats
LV 4 polearm master
LV 6 shield master
LV 8 bountiful luck
LV 12 lucky
LV 14 sentinel
LV 16 second chance
LV 19 undecided

Feats
LV 4 mounted combat
LV 6 polearm master
LV 8 shield master
LV 12 bountiful luck
LV 14 lucky
LV 16 sential
LV 19 second chance

Joe the Rat
2017-11-20, 10:05 AM
What's your plan - how do you envision him working in a fight?

Dropping an earlier feat to bump up your strength (or a strength-boosting half-feat - mastery in your preferred armor, for example) would help you out quite a bit.

Any reason you aren't taking Mounted Combatant? It really extends the life of your mount.

If you're thinking sword-and-board (based on eyeing shield master), take the Dueling fighting style. As a side-note, you should grab a (one-handed) backup weapon for when you are unmounted (it'll happen), or your targets refuse to get more than 5 feet away.

Looking at Sentinel, you'd be angling for a stand-and-defend option. Cavalier (XGtE) has good features in the "in a saddle" and "be sticky" aspects.

Amdy_vill
2017-11-20, 10:23 AM
What's your plan - how do you envision him working in a fight?

Dropping an earlier feat to bump up your strength (or a strength-boosting half-feat - mastery in your preferred armor, for example) would help you out quite a bit.

Any reason you aren't taking Mounted Combatant? It really extends the life of your mount.

If you're thinking sword-and-board (based on eyeing shield master), take the Dueling fighting style. As a side-note, you should grab a (one-handed) backup weapon for when you are unmounted (it'll happen), or your targets refuse to get more than 5 feet away.

Looking at Sentinel, you'd be angling for a stand-and-defend option. Cavalier (XGtE) has good features in the "in a saddle" and "be sticky" aspects.

you are right i should talk the mounted combat feat i will change the build. my visions is a mounted fighter with a bit of support. that is why i took the lucky feats. as i have thought about it i think i would like to optimize a mounted fighter.