PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ways to get a gore attack

Morrison
2017-11-20, 03:00 PM
Pretty much what it says in the title. Is there a way to get horns/a gore attack for a non-shapechanging PC? The idea I have for the character is someone who is part-satyr, probably a melee combatant, like a brawler or something, so if it could be thematically tied to the fey (or hags, who are close enough) that would be an extra bonus.

Krazzman
2017-11-20, 03:17 PM
Pretty much what it says in the title. Is there a way to get horns/a gore attack for a non-shapechanging PC? The idea I have for the character is someone who is part-satyr, probably a melee combatant, like a brawler or something, so if it could be thematically tied to the fey (or hags, who are close enough) that would be an extra bonus.

Barbarian Fiend Totem gets one afaik.

There might be an Alchemist discovery granting one.

Coidzor
2017-11-20, 03:19 PM
The Helm of the Mammoth Lord (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/helm-of-the-mammoth-lord/) and the Greathelm of the Mammoth Lord (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/e-g/greathelm-of-the-mammoth-lord/) are both items that grant Gore attacks.

EisenKreutzer
2017-11-20, 03:34 PM
Is 3rd party material on the table? Akashic Mysteries by Dreamscarred Press has a Veil that grants a gore attack.

Morrison
2017-11-20, 07:55 PM
Is 3rd party material on the table? Akashic Mysteries by Dreamscarred Press has a Veil that grants a gore attack.

What are veils? Is that for a whole separate class? Or is it just a piece of equipment?

EisenKreutzer
2017-11-20, 08:35 PM
What are veils? Is that for a whole separate class? Or is it just a piece of equipment?

If you have any experience with Magic of Incarnum, they are the same thing as Soulmelds from that system.

Morrison
2017-11-20, 08:49 PM
So there is currently no way to just have a gore attack as a natural, 1st level part of your character?

Crake
2017-11-20, 08:57 PM
If you're a binder, you can bind amon to get a ram attack, It's not technically a gore attack, but it's pretty much a gore attack. If you don't want to be a binder, you can still get it by getting the bind vestige feat and the practised binder feat. As a bonus you also get darkvision.

Nvm, this is pathfinder

Psyren
2017-11-20, 09:06 PM
So there is currently no way to just have a gore attack as a natural, 1st level part of your character?

Wereboarkin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp/) get a gore attack at 1st level. LA 0 race.

Morrison
2017-11-20, 09:46 PM
Wereboarkin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp/) get a gore attack at 1st level. LA 0 race.

Yeah, but only while shifted. I'm trying to get something where I just have the gore attack, the way tieflings' Maw or Claw ability gives them a natural attack they just have, all the time.

Psyren
2017-11-20, 09:54 PM
Yeah, but only while shifted. I'm trying to get something where I just have the gore attack, the way tieflings' Maw or Claw ability gives them a natural attack they just have, all the time.

Sure but.. the shift is indefinite, so you can just stay like that all the time if you want. Unless you're worried about walking around the village or something, but then, walking around town with fangs or claws would be just as awkward.

Morrison
2017-11-20, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Psyren;22589168 ...walking around town with fangs or claws would be just as awkward.[/QUOTE]

Having a natural claw attack doesn't convey an automatic -4 on Charisma and Charisma-based checks, though.

Psyren
2017-11-20, 10:03 PM
Actually, their reprint in Inner Sea Races removed that drawback. By RAW, that is the more recent source than Blood of the Moon (2015 vs. 2013) so therefore it functions as errata and thus trumps. So I would check with your GM.

If your GM insists on using the old version, then not sure what to tell you, other than needing to gore someone mid-conversation is probably going to be rare.

Morrison
2017-11-20, 10:13 PM
Okay, I can probably get away with re-skinning a wereboar-kin then. Thank you.