PDA

View Full Version : Celestia's Finest: Heart or Brains

Elbeyon
2017-11-20, 07:18 PM
Love takes a step out of the break room, away from a computer, to walk the lab. Things were progressing lovely. The nanofac works! She's still debating what to do with the technology. Should she give it to the world? No... That would cause a huge shift in the world's structure. She'd kill hundreds of thousands, maybe millions indirectly. Well, that settles it.

She needs to call Twilight. Twilight has the experience necessary to answer that question. She taps the clipboard in front of her on her head. Was Twilight going to yell at her for this or praise her? Not, that she cared for the answer, but it was an interesting thought to try to untangle. Would she want her to destroy her invention? Twilight did say that she often wishes she didn't invent certain things. But, this?

This could make so many more ponies lives easier. She walks to the nanofac, loves working and talking away around it, and stops to look. What crazy idea am I testing now? She's tempted to inquire, but she has her own work to do. She'd know at the end of the day anyway. She returns to her desk.

Miltonian
2017-11-20, 07:57 PM
Love steps into her own office, expecting it to be unoccupied save for herself. One of herselves anyway. Maybe one of them needed to access something kept there. That'd be normal. Nothing out of the ordinary there. But instead, she's greeted with the sight of a giant, blue police-call box (the kind that were on every street corner when the Elements were her age) taking up one whole corner of her office. The smell of muffins fills the air. And behind her desk, reading her designs, is a brown earth pony stallion with a dapper green tie and collar. He freezes as she enters.

"Well!" Dr. Whooves says, slowly setting the designs down, "This is..." He tugs at his collar. "Rather awkward."

Elbeyon
2017-11-20, 08:09 PM
Love stares at him in shock. Questions flooding her mind. Flush it all! Dump all thoughts! She says rather calmly, "Hello."

She throws her head back and yells, "Intruder at desk five! No guns!", mouth wide.

In the background, "Aw."

Various loves start taking up defensive positions as if they were begin invaded. The ones close enough try to peer into the room to see what is happening.

Love smiles with uncertainty. "Hello, erm, again. Dr. Whooves. What are you doing here. In my lab. My, apparently not, very secure lab. Or, should I ask why?"

Miltonian
2017-11-20, 08:22 PM
"Oh it's secure. Very secure. I just cheated, that's all," Dr. Whooves says. He bounds up from Love's desk and pulls the chair out for her, even patting down the pillow. "See, I'm--"

The door to the blue box slams open and the grey pegasus from the station trots out, eyes looking in different directions. "I brought--WHOA!" She runs right into Love and the tray of fresh muffins on her back goes flying everywhere. She falls flat, mouth screwed up and eyes spinning. She shakes her head to clear it and gasps. "The muffins! NO!"

One of them landed in Dr. Whooves' mane. He sighs and plucks it out. "See," he says, "Something has screwed up time. Ponies with guns? An attempt to overthrow Celestia? It's wrong. Somepony's messed with time and I intend to find out who."

He begins to pace, using his hooves to energetically emphasize his speech. "So! I was merely studying this time's cutting edge science. And I am making some very interesting discoveries. Nanomachine factories weren't supposed to come for another fifty years. And AI? Weeeell that's still a long ways off. And like I said before, Tartarus Station was supposed to be a resort, not that decrepit old thing."

He pauses. "I'm sorry, we met before but I don't seem to recall your name."

The pegasus gathers the last muffin and sighs in relief.

Elbeyon
2017-11-20, 08:47 PM
She smirks a little frustrated, "You're right. It doesn't look too bad as long as I ignore all the ponies that can 'cheat'."

Love is satisfied - this isn't a changeling or something else. She calls back, "It's the real Dr. Whooves!"

The coast clear, Loves start to gather around the disturbance.

Loves starts picking up the muffins and handing them back to Derpy Hooves. "I'm sorry about your muffins. I didn't mean to stand in your way. Would you like some more? I can have a few brought down." She was curious how many muffins she had. One for each person here?

Love pumps a fist when he mentions the nanofactory. "Yes! Suck it future! Fifty years ahead of time!" She coughs. "Eh, I can believe the possibility of this being an altered timeline. But, no one should be messing with time. And, course, every pony resists change. I'm currently going through that process in accepting that things might be different."

She offers him a hoof. "Partial "Love" Charge is my name."

"How can I help? I don't have any experience with time travel. All I have is a bunch of sci fi movies filling up my head with junk information. I will try my best to make no assumptions."

Miltonian
2017-11-20, 09:39 PM
Derpy seizes Love's shoulders. "You have more muffins?" she says. Her eyes are almost correctly aligned. "Take me to the muffins. Now!"

Dr. Whooves looks a little sheepish. "Well, I don't think anypony else can jump through space and time like I can, so no worries on the security thing. Unless you don't have anti-teleportation measures. Then you've still got a problem."

He sits down on a stool. "First, I need to compare the technology level here to what I remember. Then, I'll need to analyze it to spot a pattern. So Ms. Charge, if you'd be so kind, have a seat and let's talk."

Elbeyon
2017-11-20, 10:20 PM
That Love regrets asking if she wanted more muffins now. A bit of a pained look and sigh creep up on her, she says, "Yes. We have a few muffins in the lounge. Would you like to try them. They're store bought, sadly. Can't be wasting the budget on muffins now. I don't really..li. I could have a ChromeBot start making some fresh ones."

The rest of the Loves all looking at each other back and forth. All at once, they pull out their phones, activate a game that plays itself, and thrust the phone outward. A little noise comes from one of the phones and that Love cheers. The Love entertaining Derpy lost her chance when Derpy choose her. No need for a game when a switch would make things awkward. The winning Love approaches him.

Love smiles at Dr. Whooves. "It's fine! Teleportation should be covered. Hopefully, any time traveler would be way more advance than us. We haven't invented time travel after all. Course, not all time travelers are guaranteed to be after technology..." She starts thinking about all the reasons why a time traveler would come to her lab. Love smirks. "You giving away any anti-time travel devices. I'm joking." She chuckles.

She sits in her chair, the chair he offered her. Two Loves start carrying in a better seat for him.

"Alright, let's talk. Are you guiding me here, or should I start listing technologies? I suppose the best place to start would be our most advanced tech. My last job I discovered. Three AI. Some 'Reflex armor'. Power armor that had the ability to SCAN things, and give detailed outputs that it seemed like it shouldn't have been able to do. The PA had a gravity dampening unit to slow down falling. Most advanced technologies do come from Twilight."

The suits did have an anti-gravity unit right? I remember that being a thing, but I can't find it in a single thread (I checked them all.) I feel like I'm taking memory forgetting pills.

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 12:18 AM
They did indeed. It reduced falling damage by half.

Dr. Whooves watches her with renewed interest. "Fascinating. Brilliant, even! Didn't realize you could make copies of yourself. Thought you were merely piloting a drone. But this, this is a whole other level. You, Ms. Charge, are a very interesting pony. Take care not to let yourself fall in the wrong hooves."

"AI. Yes. I noticed those. Very dangerous technology. Civilizations have fallen because of one misplaced zero in the code."

"SCAN, eh?" He pulls out a metal rod and examines it thoughtfully. "Interesting. Veeeery interesting." He puts it away.

"Anti-grav. That's nothing new."

He claps his hooves together. "Right then. Few gaps. Have you gone to the next star over yet? Did the other nations recognize Celestia and Luna as the supreme governing authorities? Did Sombra return yet? Those for starters."

Elbeyon
2017-11-21, 01:01 AM
She smiles big. "You're only the third person to recognize my excellence. Most other ponies get freaked out by my talent. My friends too. I do try to take care of my brain. I don't want anyone stealing it."

"We've been as far as the moon. Space resort. Turns out wonderful Mares." Love smirks. "I'd like to visit other stars."

"Celestia and Luna only rule Equestria. The moon and the sun too, I suppose. Lots of wars. War to End all Wars. The Corvids Wars about twenty years ago."

"My Equestria history isn't the best. I'm not from here. The Wastes to the south, you see. I don't recognize the name." Love opens a computer on the desk to try to bring information up on Sombra. She'll relay it to the Dr.

"Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom, our AI, are wonderful. Wait! How much do you know about souls? I'm not asking a lot here. I might be a caveman amazed by fire, but please temper my ignorance into knowledge. Do AI have souls? And, if they do, what are the mechanics behind the process."

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 01:27 AM
The Doctor nods. "Good. Early space travel would be a sign of alien interference. Doesn't rule it out, but reduces the likelihood. The division is worrying. Not a serious concern, so long as that gets resolved in the next fifty years."

The information available on Sombra mostly pertains to his time as ruler of the Crystal Empire, a very long time ago. There is a footnote about his return and defeat by the Elements and Princess Cadence, but a larger section that talks about a failed reformation program for villains that was supposed to have him included on the roster through some means, but was never resolved.

"Do AI have souls?" The Doctor chuckles. "All sentient creatures do. The soul is...the metaphysical part, the spark of reason. It's what sets us apart from mere animals. Of course they have a souls. And I have no idea how. But that's part of the beauty of it, don't you think? Not knowing something. It means there's more to learn."

Elbeyon
2017-11-21, 02:33 AM
Love nods along. Her curiosity is burning. Is she having a fever dream? She checks her temperature. FleshLove is the real worry. She says out the door, "Someone check the flesh!"

Love shouts back, "Already on it!"

She turns back to him. "Apologizes."

"There is beauty in a question and an answer. Thank you for answering my request. I. You see, our AI are modeled after the dead, and I just have to know who's soul they contain. Obviously, they contain the AI's soul, but is it also the people they imitate? I just have to know. You've helped me get closer to that answer, but I need to push further."

"What more can I do for you? Do you have more questions?"

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 11:06 AM
"Well..." He taps a hoof to his chin. "Aside from science, there are also social changes to consider. Hmm."

He leans forward. "Tell me, Love. The Elements of Harmony. How prominent are they in, say, the minds of the average pony? Not Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and the rest, but the Elements themselves. Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, Magic, etc.? Is there anything that ponies value more than those on a general, societal level?"

Elbeyon
2017-11-21, 12:00 PM
She thinks. "I'm no Sociologist, but I know you'll take that into account."

"Here." She pulls up the episode of her on the Late Night Show, and continues talking while it plays in the background.

"I think about the Elements of Harmony once in a while. One of our missions, we had to save the elements, and that was a chief worry of mine. I was prepared to give so much to stop the Elements from being damaged/corrupted, both the ponies and the Elements. I didn't know what our foe was planning. I had some theories that led me down some dark paths. Paths that I would never want to cross, but I was prepared to cross if the need arose."

"I've heard much more talk about the Harmony Ponies. Just differentiating between the ponies from the symbol is weird to me. I think a lot of ponies conflate the ponies and the elements. The ponies have become the faces to such an extent. And, maybe that's not a good thing. The Harmony ponies are talked about a good amount nowadays. Lots of debates surround them. Debates that I sometimes find unsettling in their nature. A question can be pointed. A thought can be entertained without accepting it, but the hypothetical questions that are being draw up seem impassioned enough to question if is hypothetical at all.

"I really haven't heard many ponies talking about the Elements unless the conversation was sparked by something. People seem to be so caught up in their lives that maybe they've lost track of that. There is so much going on. There is so much a pony needs to know and do or else they risk being left behind. My attention has certainly been captured by other things on lots of occasions. I. I don't know how to answer your question. Themselves, maybe? People are so unique. Values are all over the place."

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 12:44 PM
He listens to Love's speech and watches the tape, but his expression grows grim as it gets further and further in. "Oh this is bad. This is very, very bad."

"And this is a popular television show? Would you say many ponies feel the way that Quick Wit does about the Elements?"

Elbeyon
2017-11-21, 01:03 PM
She hesitatingly nods. "Yes. Very popular." Love pulls up another video and sets it to play. This time it's Chrysalis "trail."

She moves her hoof out toward the lab. "Would you like a drink?"

Back at hoof. "I think a lot do feel the same, but many are on the tipping point. People tend to follow instead of lead. There are those in power that desire the power that the Princess or Elements wield, and yet I don't think they want the responsibility of the elements."

"If you're on the lookout for disturbing news, Bu - Chrysalis has suffered a harsh punishment in a coup attempt by Justice Doom. The same day as the sentencing the other Judges grouped together into a majority and called emergency powers. They attempted to overrule what I assume was going to be an acceptable punishment by the Princesses. He bid high at the death penalty and then lowered to... cutting her horn off." Love seems very disturbed by what she just said. "The princess, changed to orange, stopping the sentencing until a later date."

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 01:48 PM
He nods at the offer of a drink. “Sherry, if you have any. Just a small bit. I could use a bit of something right now.”

He watches the trial several times through, studying it. Then, he replays only parts of particular interest: Justice Doom’s speech and Celestia’s transfiguration. “Envy,” he says at last, “Someone has convinced Equestria that envy belongs right alongside friendship. But envy destroys friendship. Envy cannot tolerate anything to be better than itself, hero or alicorn.”

He leans back and rubs his eyes with his hooves. “This is a problem.”

Elbeyon
2017-11-21, 02:31 PM
Love says, "We don't have drinking alcohol in the lab. Water? Coffee? Tea?"

"Envy?" she asks.

She thinks for a while before saying. "I have more information that's relevant except that it's mine to keep hidden. I can treat you like a guest. I can offer you a chair or drinks. I can offer you common knowledge. But, I can't share secrets with you unless I trust you. You have to make me trust you, somehow. Would you trust me with your secrets?"

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 03:09 PM
“Tea, then. Black tea.”

“Envy,” Whooves repeats grimly, “The belief that what someone else has belongs to you. Justified or not, you will quickly grow to hate those you envy. Doom envies Celestia and Luna their power. I don’t know for sure, but I’d bet my last bit he thinks he can do just as good a job if not better than they, if only fate had kindly bestowed their power on him. Truth is, it takes a very special pony to do what Celestia and Luna do. The fact that she has been driven to the verge of transfiguration means that something is wrong. Very wrong.”

He smiles brightly. “In that case, Love, would you care to see the stars? At a bit more of an intimate distance than from down here?”

Elbeyon
2017-11-21, 03:43 PM
Love nods. "Black Tea please!" An uniformed ButlerLove gets on the task. No ChromeBots in the lab, sadly.

The information is useful even if she knew most of it. She wouldn't have picked the justice for a mirror element. Could Celestia transform like Luna did into Nightmare Moon?

Love raises an eyebrow at his question. "You're a master of time and space? I still think this all might be a brain hack. Checking." She closes her eyes for two seconds in a fit of willpower before opening them again. Without moving her head, she shifts her gaze back and forth.

"No? Nothing?" She chuckles at her own show. "Alright, Let's go see the stars." She stands up and smiles big. "You sure do know how to woo a woman. Is this how you got your wife?" Love smirks.

"How do you know Crow Locke, btw? My friend seems to like you."

Love will follow him.

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 05:33 PM
Dr. Whooves blinks. "Hold that thought, please." He takes a sip of tea just so he can spit it out again. "Wife? You mean--" He holds up a hoof. "Actually, don't answer that. I don't want to know."

He trots over to his box and opens the door. With a sweep of his hoof, he gestures for Love to enter. "Crow Locke? Oh, I met him when he was a young colt. There was a cult going around and kidnapping foals for a nefarious purpose. Wanted to open a rip in time. Couldn't have that, so I put a stop to it and set him on a life of adventuring. Shame what happened to him, really. Don't want my other young proteges to turn out the same."

Elbeyon
2017-11-21, 06:33 PM
XD OMG Whoove's wife reference! I totally didn't mean to do that! "Spoilers", I guess. :smallamused: He'll figure it out in a couple seasons! (Or never if you look at it that way. :smallfrown:)
Love chuckles at the over reaction. He must not be a man who is surprised very often. She'll let me savor the moment. She totally got the need for moments like that.

She enters as soon as the doors open, taking a look around his time machine.

She smiles. "That sounds like him." Only to very soon frown. "He may be worse off in this timeline than 'average'."

Love stands up on her two hooves and claps twice. "Enough of that! You promised to show me the stars! I'm not going to let anything get in the way of this moment. This will be pure in my memories for all of time!" She puts a hoof to her mouth. (Hoho)

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 08:27 PM
Stepping inside, Rose notices something glaringly obvious. The inside is much, much larger than the outside. And it's plush, like an old-style sitting room, with brass pipes running along the roof and warm, wood flooring down below. But in the center is a control panel, of sorts. A transparent glass canister rests in the very center with a holographic pony inside. To Love, it looks like an older version of Sweetie Belle, dressed to the nines and singing a soaring melody in operatic style.

https://pre00.deviantart.net/20fd/th/pre/i/2013/121/2/4/steampunk_tardis_interior_console_room_by_wonderwi g-d63nkf3.jpg

"It's just a recording," Whooves says. He claps his hooves and the hologram fades along with the music. A light, smooth jazz takes its place. "Now, which star strikes your fancy? Would you like to see the sun up close?"

Elbeyon
2017-11-21, 09:11 PM
The first step in and the laws of the universe as she knows them have already been broken. Was this all technology based? Can technology do all of this? "How did you get the furniture in here? There is no way this all could have fit in through that tiny little door. Don't come pick me up for moving day." She chuckles while exploring his home. She makes her way over to his bookcase in particular.

"Was that Sweetie Belle from my original past? She looked lovely. I wish I could have known her all grown up."

She puts some thought into it. It couldn't be any old star. "I want to see Luna. I want to see Luna in the past that she so adores. The one before all this technology. You said I could see any star, and Luna shines so brightly like few others."

Miltonian
2017-11-21, 09:37 PM
Whooves chuckles. "Built and installed inside," he answers, "The materials were brought in through the door, but that's all."

He steps around her and heads for the central control panel. "Well, there's no real 'original' past. Time is like a cloth, more or less. It can bend back and forth at certain points without too much problem. Often, different versions of events start and end the same. Things that seem very improbable are more often than not time trying to keep itself on track. But if someone starts making tears and ripping up the bits that hold the cloth taut, then you get wrinkles and distortions. Too much of that, and the whole thing collapses in a tangled mess."

"Buuut I can take you back to when she was alive and you can see her in concert," he says with a grin, "I do believe Luna was present at many of them, so we'll hop around until we find one where she was."

Elbeyon
2017-11-22, 12:18 PM
"Ah. Yes. I didn't mean to imply superiority. I only mean to anchor my experiences thus far in my 'original' past. That is to say: I would have liked to see the Sweetie Belle from the thread of this cloth that I've followed up until now. Original seems like a bad word choice now. I suppose it's best to try not to ground things in time too much if it's so flexible. Is it a bad thing to feel bound to my threads? Is that too self-centered?" She was curious about a time-travelers perspective. Is it small minded of her to be so selective in her 'thread' choices.

She smiles as he says yes to her request. "And, does your box have the proper costumes for such an event? I'd hate to show Luna my bad side. It'd be terrible to make a bad first impression! You only get to meet a pony for the first time a couple times." She chuckles at the thought. She starts dancing on two legs to imaginary opera. "To the splendid concert were my star awaits!"

Miltonian
2017-11-22, 03:05 PM
Whooves waves her concerns aside. "Oh don't worry so much. It is simple enough. And don't worry. If time has to adjust itself to accommodate new events, you won't remember the old timeline anyway."

"As for costumes..." He pulls a lever and a full rack of costumes descends from above. "Take your pick, my dear, while I go retrieve Ms. Hooves. Then, it's off for Canterlot, 247 years ago!" He dashes out the door.

Elbeyon
2017-11-22, 04:34 PM
Love looks happy enough with his dismissal until he says she won't remember. Out it comes, "That sucks. You have any way around that?"

Her eyes light up at all the clothes, and she moves closer toward it. Her hoof touching each one as she goes through the selections.

Eventually, she'll settle on a big puffy puffy dress that sort of matches her blue hair color. A wig to match, it somehow is the same color as her natural hair, but more volume and old timey. Her blue silk gloves at the ready, she flicks open her fan and waves herself with it.

Miltonian
2017-11-22, 05:10 PM
"Well, be a time traveler!" he shouts back in reply to her question, "Then you remember everything."

Soon he returns with Derpy in tow. She has a nice stack of muffins, which she is happily munching on. Whooves chuckles when he spots her dressed as she is. "You cut a charming figure, Ms. Love. But that set will be a little dated at the time we arrive, I'm afraid. Not that it won't fit in. You should see the ridiculous outfits they wear at the Grand Galloping Gala. But it will be a little out of style. Hmm..."

He rummages around and hands her a few brass additions to the costume. "There. Now, you look what they call 'steam-punk'."

Elbeyon
2017-11-22, 06:51 PM
Love puts a hoof to her chin. Become a time traveler? She shouts out the blue door, "I do like deciding whether I keep my memories or not! I'll have to remember to, once in a while, throw some terminal disturbances up by inventing something crazy to gain your attention!"

It's no wonder she has a bunch of muffins. Love is totally indifferent to them. Love must have been happy to share them. She waves the fan in front of her, "Too old? I've never gone back 247 years ago. 28 is my max. I do want to be in style."

Brass in hoof, she starts putting the pieces on her dress/wig/fan. "I'm more or less retro. And, I can't decide which!" She chuckles while waving the fan between him and her.

Miltonian
2017-11-22, 09:53 PM
Derpy gasps and her eyes shine. "You look so pretty!"

"And for you, Ms. Hooves," the Doctor says. He sweeps a simple yellow gown off and presents it to her. "I think I'll wear a nice coat. Meet back in five minutes."

Elbeyon
2017-11-22, 10:06 PM
Love pulls her dress wider to show it off. "Thank you. You look pretty yourself. I love your eyes. You remind me a lot of a very special pony."

Love shoos the doctor out of the room.

Love walks over to her. "Would you like my help?" She motions to the yellow gown.

Miltonian
2017-11-23, 11:32 AM
Derpy smiles. "Yes please! I don't want to rip it. And I don't have a pointy thing--Horn! I don't have a horn on my head. So I have to use hooves."

Elbeyon
2017-11-23, 02:35 PM
Love chuckles and pokes her broken horn. "I don't have a pointy thing horn either." She smiles and moves to help her get dressed.

"Relax, let me do all the work. You'll look absolutely stunning. The Dr. sure does know how to pick them."

Miltonian
2017-11-23, 11:11 PM
Derpy gasps and covers her mouth. "Ohmygoodnesswhathapp--" She takes a deep breath. "-ened?"

She does let Love help her get dressed and ends up looking very nice, if not as flamboyant as Love. She will blend into the crowd well, neither underdressed nor overdressed.

Elbeyon
2017-11-24, 12:30 AM
Love has told this story a million times by now. "I hit a car with my body while I was inside of it. It didn't go very well." Love smiles at her. "Hug? No hard feelings. You're adorable."

Miltonian
2017-11-24, 01:45 AM
Derpy, never a pony to refuse another affection, tackles Love in a hug. Whooves steps back inside and chuckles. "Steady on, Ms. Love. You've been on my ship for all of fifteen minutes and you're already seducing my assistant? I do believe that's a new record."

He makes for the control panel. "Now! Back to ten years after Luna's return, when Ms. Belle was a new, rising star!" He cranks levers, he pushes buttons, he spins some other levers, and the ship lurches. A steady, shrill sound comes from the center console as the ship tumbles through time and space. And then, just as suddenly as it began, it ends.

Whooves adjusts his tie. "Well, let's see where we landed this time, shall we?"

Elbeyon
2017-11-24, 02:55 AM
From under the tackle, "No Dr! My usual overly friendly self only happens to attract these types of situations. I've got enough works in motion that my schedule book could barely contain another!" She hugs it out with Derpy before finding herself listening to the machine work.

"Is it suppose to make that noise?"

Love rushes to the door and opens it with the Whooves. Excitement is on her face and in her eyes.

Miltonian
2017-11-24, 12:01 PM
"It's normal," Derpy assures her, "Sounds like a mad cat howling over a tinny speaker to me. But you get used to it."

Love steps outside into an alleyway. Of course, the time machine wouldn't just appear out in the open, that'd raise too many questions. But as she steps into the street, she steps into Canterlot at the time shortly after Luna's return, when Canterlot Castle still soared high above the rest of the nation and before skyscrapers blocked it off. The streets are smooth stone, the ponies dressed in quaint old fashions, and it smells much less like a city, with oil and grease everywhere, and more like the countryside thanks to the clear, mountain breeze.

"What do you think?" Whooves asks, coming up behind her.

Elbeyon
2017-11-24, 12:32 PM
Love chuckles at the idea of such a thing being normal. "I do love time travel."

The naturalness of it all reminded her of her short while in the Everfree Forest than the towering Canterlot she knows. She takes a deep breath of that small city air. Old city air? It's more older than small. Love immediately starts wandering around without the doctor. If he wants to talk to her he'll have to follow her. The smooth stone feels nice under her hooves. It's new, and she isn't sure if she prefers pavement over it yet. She nods and gives a verbal greeting to several ponies. The scented breeze feels wonderful.

"I think my request was too simple. I want to send some time here. I want to want to eat out, shop, go to a park, talk to a few ponies, and experience what this world truly has to offer. You're a lucky pony Dr. Oh, what I would give to be able to travel like you do."

Miltonian
2017-11-24, 02:23 PM
Derpy and the Doctor follow along behind her. Whooves looks very pleased with Love's reaction and opens up a little bit.

"Well," the Doctor says, "It cost me my family fortune. Ended up living in a clock tower in Ponyville of all places while I put the finishing touches on it. Of course, it only works because I stumbled upon the right answer. Not sure if it can be replicated, unfortunately. But for now, we have three hours before we have to make the concert hall and the world is your playground. So, Love, what do you want to do first?"

Elbeyon
2017-11-25, 12:14 AM
"Oh? My big invention cost me my fortune too. Worth it! Your big surge is a hard lead to surpass, but I'll keep trying my hoof at it. I can do better than I've ever done in all my years. Worry not, Dr. I don't merely seek to replicate what I see in front of me. I'll do things that haven't even happened yet in the future!"

Love is running around checking out the nearby sites. Little business stands.

"I want to do everything! At once! I want to see history. I want to get a show. I want to see Art. I want to see nature! I want to go to a city park!"

She nods. "A true center of culture filled with portrait painters, dancers, city folk, visitors from all the lands, streams, bridges, boats, everything!" She grabs a flier off a wall and waves it. "And, there is even a tea club meet-up today! That's not a bad way to get some chatting done with a pony. Oh, I hope they brought enough tea for everyone."

Miltonian
2017-11-25, 09:52 AM
Derpy and the Doctor exchange glances and Derpy smiles. "Well," Whooves says, "Tea-time it is! Now what's the address?" He takes the flier and his eyes brighten. "Oh! Of course, Place Setting. One of the cooks at the palace. Well, no time to waste. Allons-y!"

They trot at a respectable pace, one that gets them where they need to go quickly but without straining themselves and soaking their clothes in sweat. That just wouldn't do.

Since you came up with the tea party, would you care to describe it?

Elbeyon
2017-11-25, 07:22 PM
Three hours? Love checks her phone. No signal? That figures. At least she can still keep track of time (for now).

The park is huge, perhaps, the largest in the city. Love wasn't really sure, but it was impressive nonetheless. She turns from the sidewalk and onto one of the paths that lead throughout the place. The day is nice, a great day to visit. Ponies have made themselves comfortable in popular eating areas. Foals are about. Joggers are making their way past them on their routine. Ah! The first true sightseeing spot. A small arched bridge overlooks a water way teaming with fish and pretty greenery. Love trots up to the top and puts a hoof above her eyes.

She flips to the back of the flier. It has a map of the park with a circle on where to meet. Love tries to match it up with the layout of the place. She spots it! It's not too far away. There are standing tables on top of picnic clothes. Each table has a tea set and enough cups to fit six, max eight, ponies. Two are dressed up in fun traditional costumes while the rest of the members wear "uniforms." They have a similar color palette, but it's obvious that most of them wore clothes they already owned.

"Oh!" Love spots another thing she wanted to do here. She trots up to boathouse/restaurant combo that is filling boats with a small group of ponies. "Dr! Let's grab a light something to eat and head down to the party! You pick the next place! Park or not! I wanted to talk to a few ponies, but you must know your way around some great sites in the city." She blushes. "Maybe, I should have let the guide show the way." She puts her hoof on the back of her mane. (Hahaha) She starts making her way over to an ice cream stand to grab her desert.

Miltonian
2017-11-26, 03:25 PM
"Well," the Doctor says with a grin, "A good tour guide learns what his customers want to see before taking them on an excursion."

He leads Love into the restaurant. "We will snag ourselves a quick bite to eat here, take a whirlwind tour, and be at the concert hall in time for the performance." At the bar, he stops in his tracks and turns. "Now Ms. Love. I have a very important question for you. Do you call them 'fries' or 'chips'?"

The bartender looks up. It's not a busy time of day, so she mostly had the place to herself. "Time Turner!" she says, "Good to see you."

The Doctor turns and grins. "Holly Leaf. Why, I didn't expect to see you here. How has the, erm, issue been?"

Holly Leaf chuckles nervously. "No further problems. Thanks again."

Elbeyon
2017-11-26, 05:20 PM
Ice cream in hoof, Love follows him inside. "That sounds like a good tour guide plan."

She stops when he stops all of a sudden, not sure what is going on.

"Fries. And, not only that. I sometimes call them wedges, depending on the shape! Hold yourself Doctor! My tongue has no shame! I even sometimes call them curlies." She puts a hoof up and chuckles.

Love raises an eyebrow at the new name. Just who did she let take her to a different time and place?

Shaping her cone, she says, "I'm glad your problem got sorted out. Problems can be so inconvenient at times." Love moves over to her and offers her other forehoof to her. "Name's Love. Pleasure meeting you. How life been treating you?"

Miltonian
2017-11-26, 11:46 PM
To her comment on fries, Whooves says, "You're an absolute madmare, Ms. Love."

Holly Leaf looks at Love, then at Derpy (who is happily playing with the salt and pepper shakers, stacking them into a pyramid), and then back at Whooves. "Is she an agent too?" she whispers, "Actually, I meant to ask you about that. The intelligence service you said you were from? I couldn't find any mention of it. Celestia's Secret Service, was it?"

Whooves chuckles awkwardly. "Yes! Well, we wouldn't be good spies if everypony knew about us, now would we? So please stop talking about it, hmm?"

Holly nods and turns to Love. "Hello, Love! I'm Holly Leaf. It's very nice to make your acquaintance. If you need any help with...things." She winks. "Let me know."

Elbeyon
2017-11-27, 12:47 PM
"What do you call them Dr?"

Oh? Whooves was CSS? All versions? The future version? A lie? A curious thought.

Love lowers her hoof and she smiles. "A pleasure to meet you! I do need some help with...things." Love winks. "We're on the go today so we need something light. What would you recommend?" Love keeps licking her ice cream cone.

"Pop quiz! What do you think of the Elements of Harmony?"

Miltonian
2017-11-27, 03:17 PM
“Chips,” Whooves replies.

“Yes, we do have chips,” Holly Leaf says, “though I would recommend the hayburger and a nice side of hayfries.”

Whooves grumbles under his breath. “Equestria and it’s ‘fries’.”

Holly’s eyes brighten. “The Elements of Harmony are the greatest ponies of all time! That’s what I think! They saved Equestria three times this year alone. I don’t know what we’d do without them.”

Elbeyon
2017-11-27, 03:30 PM
"That sounds deliciously edible. Three orders of that! I'd like mine extra spicy, if possible."

"Could you put" She quotes with her hooves. "chips instead of fries on Time Turner's order?" She turns and gives him a wink.

"Question 2! What do you think of the Elements? Loyalty, Honesty, Generosity, Laughter, Kindness, and Magic?"

Miltonian
2017-11-27, 04:43 PM
Whooves nods his thanks. “Indeed. Three is what we need.” He blinks. “Well, spent too much time with the zebras, it seems.”

“I’ll get started on the orders.” Holly head back to the kitchen but shouts her answer back to Love. “Why wouldn’t a pony like them? I mean, without them, there wouldn’t be an Equestria. They’re what define us! We don’t live up to them perfectly, but we all try to.”

Elbeyon
2017-11-27, 06:31 PM
Love rubs her chin. "I thought I knew a zebra once, but I think he was wiped from my mind. Maybe, it wasn't a zebra, but a memory cobra."

Love moves up to the counter and she shouts back herself. "I don't know! I love them! I think I'm done with my Quiz! Thank you!"

Love turns to the Dr. and she asks at normal volume, "Are you really CSS? What's your service record?"

Miltonian
2017-11-28, 01:41 AM
"Actually," Whooves says. He pulls out an ID and flashes it to Love. It reads, "Super-Secret Band of Time-Travelers Anonymous LLC."

"It's called psychic paper. Future invention. Shows whoever looks at it whatever they expect to see," he says, "Out of curiosity, what do you see?"

Elbeyon
2017-11-28, 08:56 AM
Love turns away from the kitchen and toward the Dr. "'Psychic' paper. Magic gets to have too much of the fun in all this invention business. A magic that shows the user whatever they expect. I can't wait for some pony to find the theory of everything. I want to make some magic happen."

Love stares at the paper as if she's searching for something, then lies, "It's blank."

Miltonian
2017-11-28, 11:28 AM
"Is it?" he says, "Hmm. Well, I shall have to pick some more up when I next visit."

Holly Leaf returns shortly with everypony's meal. Then, it's time to eat, chat a bit, and then move on to the next thing on the agenda.

Anything else you'd like to ask Holly?

Elbeyon
2017-11-28, 01:47 PM
Love pouts. That reaction was no fun. "Dr. Your paper is fine. If you are truly curious. It said 'Super-Secret Band of Time-Travelers Anonymous LLC.'"

"I feel like my mind is trying to tell me something here. I do like to have fun. Maybe, I should join the anonymous side." Love pulls her fan out and waves herself. "What do you think? Luminous Dusk."

Love is mostly wanting to explore to see what other ponies are like in this time. Would you like me to give a montage until the group is at the opera?

Miltonian
2017-11-28, 08:26 PM
Derpy gasps. "That's a pretty name!"

"Can't argue with that," Whooves says with a chuckle.

The rest of their time is spent going around town and meeting ponies of all sorts. There's a rave they wander into with a blue-maned unicorn DJing. They talk to a colt selling newspapers. There's a quaint market, the kind only seen in rural farmer's markets, in the main square. And they are preparing a stage for a celebration later that evening. The workers talk a little, but they can't take a long break. All in all, it is a pleasant, refreshing world, full of brightness and happiness. Ponies fall in love to stay. Fathers never disappear. Families stand together, best friends even with their own siblings.

And then, it's time for the concert.

Elbeyon
2017-11-29, 02:29 PM
Dang it! Love was hoping deep down that Luna was looking back at the past with rose-tinted eyeware. The fact that she is correct is upsetting on so many levels. The future with all its technology and medical improvements was worse off than the past? Ponies could get cyberhearts, robots to clean their homes, countless luxuries, and somehow everypony was worse off for it? What went wrong? Maybe, the doctor should fix their timeline, erase its existence. What would Love be like in a better timeline? She'd have her horn? She'd probably be some great mage? She'd be happy and blissful? The grass is always greener...

Love fans herself, obviously troubled. "Doctor? What do we need to do to fix the damage that has been done?"

Miltonian
2017-11-29, 02:46 PM
“Find who caused it,” Whooves says grimly as they make their way to the concert hall, “I find it highly unlikely that mere science caused the shift. Ponies aren’t the sort of creature to change like that. I think, perhaps, the rate of advance may have helped, but I don’t think it was the cause.”

Elbeyon
2017-11-29, 04:04 PM
"Would they be like you or me from four hours ago? An inside or outside force?"

Love slaps some energy into his back. "Don't be so down! We're at a party!" Love puts her fan up and enacts regaining some royal dignity.

She starts looking for Luna from behind her fan. Luna probably has the best seats. She hopes that paper of his works.

"You've won me over Dr. I'll tell you my secrets, but first let's enjoy ourselves, hm? I'm not wasting my precious time here on a report."

Miltonian
2017-11-30, 03:51 PM
The Doctor takes the slap and grins. "Yes! You're right." He offers his foreleg to Derpy. "Shall we, Ms. Hooves?"

She giggles and takes it. "Lead the way, Doc."

Getting in is a simple matter of the Doctor flashing his psychic paper. They are seated near the front row, fortunately. And looking around, Love spots Princess Celestia and Luna sharing a box right near the right side of the stage.

Elbeyon
2017-11-30, 04:29 PM
Love follows after the Dr. and Derpy until they find their seats. She stands shortly after and says, "I'm going to go roam."

She found her target, Luna.

Love goes off in a search of finding a way into her box.

Miltonian
2017-11-30, 11:14 PM
The Doctor watches her go, but doesn't stop her.

Finding her way to Luna's box isn't a problem. The layout is simple enough that anypony, even those unfamiliar with it, can find their way. Up a few stairs and down a hall takes her right to it. However, two royal guards block the way. They watch Love approach warily, not ready to let a stranger just walk in to where the princesses are.

Elbeyon
2017-12-01, 02:15 AM
Love does a curtsy to the guards. She smiles before hiding behind her fan.

"I'd like to enjoy the show with the Princesses if they are willing. I have no doubt the opera will be absolutely awe inspiring. Tell the sisters I'm glad they escaped a worm together. Gardening can be truly frightening. That a very old friend seeks their company."

Miltonian
2017-12-01, 10:16 AM
The guards frown and exchange glances. “The princesses aren’t receiving visitors right now,” the one on the right says sternly, “Please take your seat.”

“Now hold one a minute. What’s your name, miss?” the one on the left says, “Doesn’t hurt to check.”

Elbeyon
2017-12-01, 11:46 AM
She puts her fan away into a hidden pocket. "Name's Love. My meeting with them is a matter of Equestria's safety. If you deliver my message I'll be allowed a visit. Just tell them exactly what I've told you, and in time you'll see that this was within your duties."

Miltonian
2017-12-01, 06:15 PM
The guard disappears for a moment and is gone for almost a minute. Just when Love began to worry, he comes back and clears his throat. "The princesses have agreed to see you, so long as you can keep your voice down during the performance."

Elbeyon
2017-12-01, 09:31 PM
Love will look him over as she enters to try to get a vibe on how this meeting is about to go.

"Thank you. I wish you a good day."

Miltonian
2017-12-02, 02:57 PM
He looks confused, not sure why she's being let through.

When Love enters, both princesses turn towards her and away from the stage. "Ah, our mysterious guest," Luna says, "Prithee, what brings thee to our box, good mare?"

"Luna, sister. At least let her sit down first." Celestia beams at Love. "Come, my little pony." She pulls a chair out of the corner and sits it between them. "You must have something very important to speak about if you'd come find us here."

Elbeyon
2017-12-02, 08:14 PM
Love is smiling real big when she goes through and is kindly greeted by the sisters. "It's nothing that can't wait until after we've enjoyed our show. I wanted to meet up with my friends is all."

Love takes the offered seat.

She says excited, "Oh! I finally get to see Sweetie Belle preform! And, in good company." She chuckles. "I've heard her voice, but I've never been able to come to her opera before today. This will be something special. I just know it! Are you two a fan?" She looks to Celestia then Luna.

Miltonian
2017-12-02, 10:31 PM
Celestia smirks at her sister. "Well, Luna did like her singing enough to be her patron," she says, "And pay for her lessons."

"Nay. T'was a pittance. Her elder sister settled most of the accounts," Luna protests. The lights in the house dim. Both sisters turn their attention to the stage.

The show is breathtaking. It tells the story of a young stallion who finds his true love, played by Sweetie Belle, in the hills around Vanhoover. But, thanks to the threat of ruin and destitution her family is under, she is set to wed a noblestallion of odious personality and boorish reputation. The young hero sets off on a quest to rid them of the noble's hold and free his love to wed. It seems a little cliche at times, but Love remembers that this play was written back when such things were still original and not redone ten thousand times in ten thousand different ways.

Sweetie Belle's singing would melt the coldest heart. Love even catches Luna dabbing her eyes a few times. It soars to airy heights and drops to a soft whisper on command. It's full of power, but sweet and soft as a feather pillow. Love cannot imagine a more lovely voice.

Elbeyon
2017-12-03, 12:23 AM
Love chuckles. "A patron is a mighty big fan. I didn't realize you were so close to her. No wonder you have box seats."

Love nods. "Rarity really does love her little sister." Love grows quiet for the show.

Everything is cliche at this point. It's all in the execution, and the show was breathtaking. Love watches the Sweetie Belle from the past. So, alive and different from how she knows the young filly. It'll be a sight to see what the AI pony will turn to in the future. If she went to become a singer again, Love couldn't bring herself to intervene, but it'd be interesting to see where else she could take herself. If Love had a second chance at life, would she choose the same path or a different one? For now, she'll lose herself in the show.

Love's crying by the end of the show. It was too much watching her dead sister whom she never knew sing so beautifully. Was this as close as she was ever going to get to the original Sweetie Belle? She realizes she's starting to not want to leave this paradise land. A place where all the ponies are happy and were so many of her friends that she never knew live. She could live in a place like that no problems. She wipes her face.

"That was beautiful," she admits. Love can't help but keep crying as emotions overtake her. "Everyone is so beautiful. Thank you my friends for sharing this moment with me. I can see why you love this place."

Miltonian
2017-12-03, 02:03 AM
"Indeed it was," Celestia says. She glances over at Luna, who is sniffling, and hides a smile. "I think we will wait here a bit until the house clears out before making our escape."

"Aye," Luna chokes, "T'would be a g-good idea. Reduce the chance of being c-caught in a crowd." She glances at Love. "Thou wouldst not happen to have a tissue on thee, would thee?"

Elbeyon
2017-12-03, 11:48 AM
Love checks her pockets. Maybe, the Dr. was prepared. Heck, Love will offer her the dress she is wearing if that's what it takes to help the princess. She'll wipe her face on the foreleg opposite of Luna in case the princess needs her body there. She'll insist on helping the princess, no matter the 'sacrifice'. She'll tear a piece of the Dr.'s dress to make it easier on the princess even!

"I'll never complain at a few extra moments with the two of you." Love smiles. Well, time to self medicate. Love gives herself a hug as the tears keep marching down.

She thinks through what she wanted to tell the princesses. Her message to them. She clears her throat. "I'm inspired to sing a song I heard." Her throat is still cracked, and she keeps quiet enough that only those nearby can hear her. This is a song only for the princesses. She tries to keep her tone positive.

Lighthouse tall and grand
Standing on a cold headland
Shine your light across the sea
for a wayward sailor pony like me

Lighthouse pony
Guide the sailor back to land
Steer my ship on through the storm
Back to water safe and calm

Sometimes I need a lighthouse for my own
It gets so dark I can't see which way I'm going, ohh
Lighthouse pony I'm all at sea
Shine a little lighthouse light on me

Lighthouse pony can't help us all
Some are saved and some will fall
They'll show you where the danger lies
But they can't help if you hold the course
Cause They'll light your way but that is all
Steer your own ship back to shore

Won't you light my lonely way back home
This sea is full of misery and woe, ohh ohh
Woe betide those that say
They don't need no light to light their way
They think they're safe enough on their own
Sink in murky depths below

We all need a lighthouse for our own
It gets so dark I can't see which way I'm going, ohh ohh
She unwraps herself and moves to stand in front so she can look at both of them at once. "Princess Celestia. Princess Luna. Even the lighthouse needs maintenance, a lighthouse of their own. You take care of us. We'll try to take care of you. And, you need to take care of you too. Your mental health needs to be maintained. I want you to be happy. I want you to be healthy." She sits down and hugs herself. "I want you to promise me that you'll look after yourselves too. You need to live too. You need balance in your life. You're ponies that deserve happiness. I love you. Luna. Celestia."

Miltonian
2017-12-04, 06:15 PM
They both listen to Love with undivided attention. The two most powerful beings in the world, and for a moment, nothing but Love and her words matter to them. When she is done, Celestia shakes her head, as if rousing herself from a dream.

"Who are you, my little pony?"

Elbeyon
2017-12-04, 06:52 PM
She finds her hooves again, standing. Love smiles big to show off all her whites then cheerily says. "I told the guards already! I'm Love a.k.a Partial Charge a.k.a your friend! I'm short on my allotted time, and you're the ever busy Princesses. Hugs and I'll go?"

Miltonian
2017-12-04, 11:11 PM
Both of them exchange glances. And then, Love finds herself picked up and held between them in a massive hug. "Thank you, Love," Celestia says.

"We knew thee not, but now we shalt remember thee always," Luna adds.

Elbeyon
2017-12-04, 11:24 PM
Love returns the hugs and sniffs up happy tears. "It was my pleasure to be with you two here, tonight."

When the hug ends, she kisses her own hoof. "I'm running late." She starts making for the guarded door. Her voice leaving with the parting words, "Don't stay too busy now! You need personal time to live happily like every other pony! Take care of yourself!"

She needed to find the doctor now. She makes a mad dash to her seat from earlier.

Miltonian
2017-12-05, 07:13 PM
Love arrives and finds nopony there. But before she can panic, a cheerful call comes from behind. "Hullo, hullo! There you are."

"Where did you run off to?" Derpy asks.

Both of them are wearing very disheveled clothes. The Doctor's jacket is torn with a scorch mark down the back. Derpy's dress is in tatters. But they both look happy and healthy.

Elbeyon
2017-12-05, 09:21 PM
She turns around, her face red from all the crying, to happily smile. "Hello, Hello!"

She starts trotting over to them. "I went to go capture my star." She smirks. "I hope it has a bit more fuel now."

"It looks like the two of you had fun." She mock tsks. "I wish I could have been there for the adventure. I do love adventure. You'll have to take me along next time when I'm not so distracted."

Miltonian
2017-12-06, 12:33 AM
Derpy tilts her head to the side. "What?"

Whooves clears his throat. "Speaking of stars...how would you like to see one? Or a million? Up close?"

Elbeyon
2017-12-06, 11:12 AM
Love smiles at Derpy. She puts her hoof to the air as if she is pointing to the sky beyond the roof. "I went to meet my shining light, my star. A friend of mine that brightens my day and night."

She coughs. "A cold seems to be be going around doctor. I still get to see a star!?" Love's eyes light up. "I thought I used up my one wish getting us here! I want to see a star! I want it all!"

I typed up the response and never hit submit. :smallredface:

Miltonian
2017-12-06, 06:47 PM
The Doctor chuckles. "Well, while we're out and about, is there anything else you'd like to see?"

In short, what else do you want to accomplish in this thread?

Elbeyon
2017-12-06, 10:52 PM
Love takes a seat and thinks about it.

Love promised that she'd tell him about the odd things in the world. She planned to tell him about the mirror elements.

She still wants to talk to Twilight.

Miltonian
2017-12-08, 02:59 PM
We can skip ahead to the return and call with Twilight, if you wish.

Elbeyon
2017-12-08, 06:23 PM
Sure! If you want, we could pick up with Love waving her new friend goodbye. Love wants his number though!

I think Love has changed her mind from a phone call to an in person meet. Either, Love going to Twilight or Twilight coming to Love.

Miltonian
2017-12-11, 01:23 AM
And the Doctor does show Love the stars. He takes her to a nebula, their birthplace, and opens the front door. Standing there, she sees world upon world before her eyes glowing bright. The Doctor points out one or two that have died, but the light of their supernova hasn't reached this spot yet.

But all good things must come to an end. He deposits her back in her lab only five seconds after they left. She leaves with his number. And then, as she waves, the box slowly fades out of existence, leaving the smell of muffins behind.

Elbeyon
2017-12-11, 12:28 PM
Love upheld her end of the bargain. The Dr. now had whatever information Love deemed noteworthy. Here, she hopes that handing out classified information wasn't going to bite her on the flank one of these days.

The memories! The memories! She trots over to her memory vault and takes a seat to start copying tonight's sensie. She knew exactly what she wanted tonight and had started storing a perfect recollection of tonight in 'external'. Any classified information will need to be edited and tossed away. The treasure in front of her is such a gift!

Settling in for the night, Love eventually merges and resettles her bodies.

She texts Twilight, "Want to have coffee at my place?" A chuckle escapes as she typed that. "I've seen your lab. Fair is fair. How about you come over sometime, and I'll show you mine? I have an invention I need your input on."

Miltonian
2017-12-11, 12:44 PM
Twilight's reply comes a few hours later. "Well, I have a meeting in Canterlot with the Hem and Haw legal firm tomorrow, and then an appointment down at the copyright office an hour later. If I teleport, I might be able to squeeze in a few minutes to meet with you in between that time. I would give you the whole hour, but Hem and Haw doesn't stick to a schedule well and Spike/Celestia/Luna/Cadence/Everypony insists I take a few minutes between each appointment to collect my thoughts and relax."

Elbeyon
2017-12-11, 01:11 PM
The text's vibrations compete against one of Luna's older performances on the video wall. The lights are dimmed, and Love lays out on the couch wearing one of Star's T-shirts. Love yawns and answers back. "There is no rush. I want a bit more of your time than that. Put me in for a short appointment some time."

Miltonian
2017-12-20, 02:58 AM
There's a long moment before Twilight responds again. "I'm not sure when that would be, then, unless somepony cancels and I have a time slot free up. What's your schedule look like?"

Elbeyon
2017-12-20, 06:29 PM
Her tail swishes back and forth, Love texts, "I don't sleep very much anymore. I can make time for you whenever. I simply push around my lab hours for socializing. I can wait until something cancels. The chance that I destroy the world is less than five percent."

Miltonian
2017-12-21, 01:14 AM
A few moments later, another text comes. "Are you free now?"

Elbeyon
2017-12-21, 01:25 AM
Love trots to the door. Texting, "Yes."

"My place is warded. Do you need a car?" Love didn't have too much experience with teleporters. How close could twilight get to her place?

Miltonian
2017-12-21, 01:45 AM
A knock comes at her front door. "A car won't be necessary!" Twilight calls, "Impressive ward, by the way."

Element of Magic...

Elbeyon
2017-12-21, 01:59 AM
Love checks the security panel out of habit and opens the door. "Apparently, not impressive enough. You're the second pony that has broken into my house today." Love motions her in with a hoof wave and starts to ready a drink. A soothing camomile tea. "You want a drink? Tea? Coffee? Alcohol?"

"I hope I'm not keeping you awake at night." She chuckles. She signals for a ChromeBot to bring her computer.

Miltonian
2017-12-21, 11:56 PM
Twilight blinks. "Another pony broke through that?" she says, "Who was it? Another one of the princesses?"

"Tea will be perfect, thank you!"

She steps inside and chuckles. "Oh no. I go to sleep when I can no longer hold my eyes open."

Elbeyon
2017-12-22, 12:27 AM
Love shakes her head. "No princesses." She starts making tea for two instead of one. "A time traveler."

Love smiles at Twilight's excitement.

"That's a fun way to do it." She mumbles to herself, "I miss sleeping."

The water is set to boil. Love takes a seat on the kitchen side of the half wall. "How the family doing? I hope all the mares are adjusting well."

Miltonian
2017-12-22, 03:48 AM
"Oh. You met Time Turner," Twilight says, "Well, you now know one of Equestria's worst-kept secrets.

Twilight sits in the kitchen, relaxing for a moment. "Settling in well," Twilight says, "It's going to hit the news pretty soon. I mean, a strange filly moving into the Wonderbolts Tower and living with Rainbow Dash? Another showing up at Sweet Apple Acres? And a third going around Canterlot with Rarity dressed in the highest of fashions? Ponies will put two and two together pretty quick."

Elbeyon
2017-12-22, 01:19 PM
"This isn't one of those 'you told me the answer tricks', right?" She shrugs with a hoof. "It was Time Turner. I didn't realize the secret was so poorly kept. I'd ask what the deal is with him, but that's classified." She winks. If everything is going to be classified, there is no point in being upset about it. The clearance won't change, and she'll run herself raw fighting an impossible battle.

Love smiles along with the good news until Twilight nears the end. She rubs a hoof to her face and chuckles into a light sob. She tries to restrain herself, but the attempt only creates choppy awkward breaks in her crying. "I'm glad." She sniffs. A few happy tears escape down her cheek before she regains control over herself. She wipes her face clear of any evidence and props her smiling face up with a hoof. "I knew you did a good thing. I'll finish the rest of that in private. How are you doing?"

A ChromeBot puts the computer near Love and takes over tea duties.

"Busy it seems." She starts pulling together her files on her latest inventions. "Do I have to be your secretary to see you more?" She smirks. "I'll do it," she warns.

Miltonian
2017-12-22, 03:49 PM
Twilight pastes a smile on her face. "I'm doing...alright. Dealing with Trixie is more aggravating than I remember. And that on top of all my other duties, which I had put off while I was working on the girls, is making it difficult to find downtime. Except late at night. And so, here I am."

She chuckles. "I could use one," she says, "I already have one, though, and he's got centuries of experience."

Elbeyon
2017-12-22, 04:24 PM
Love nods along. "Trixie is a real firework. She matches what I've read in your autobiographies." The files are open. Love stops messing with her computer and moves it off to the side for when it's needed. "She seems like a fun mare. I'd like to visit her sometime if that's alright with her."

She teases. "I did try to steal away one of your employees. I figured it was fair if I offered my assistance. I'll let the offer hang in case you ever change your mind on needing my help. You have my number."

"Do you leave the tea bag in or out?" she asks.The ChromeBot serves them. Love takes hers without the bag.

Miltonian
2017-12-22, 10:23 PM
"Out," Twilight says. She accepts her tea with a smile.However, her eye keeps wandering around the lab. "Well, you've seen my secret projects. So, since I'm already here, how about giving me a tour of your lab?"

Elbeyon
2017-12-22, 10:59 PM
Uh... to the lab!

Let me know if I need to rework this post.

"The lab is on the 47th floor. How about I meet you down there?" She takes a sip of her tea.

It'll take her too long to move this body down stairs. Twilight doesn't have all night. Love merges up and splits a copy into the lab.

She calls from the break room, "Over here!", and waves through the wall. She grabs some coffee for this body and heads out to meet Twilight.

"I'll admit my lab is a little ramshackle compared to your majesty. I was telling Rose the other day you had centuries to develop your lab." Love flicks her ears. "Weell, how about that tour?"

Love's lab is like a fish or hamster tank. The walls are transparent. The ChromeLoves are about working. The main area is very open and well stocked with the tools of the trade. A ChromeLove brings her a desert pattern reflex suit.

Love holds it up. "It's a little embarrassing to say, but your armor really inspired me. I saw what you did, and I had to challenge myself to build something like Scope's armor. So, Ta-da."

The suit is "Expensive." There is something wrong with it though. Something terribly wrong. There is no way this was made by hoof. The nanoweave wasn't even made via an advanced 3-d printer. It is totally seamless. There are no tool marks. No evidence to show it was manufactured. It seems to have been grown, not built.

Miltonian
2018-01-10, 10:11 PM
Twilight frowns and examines the suit. "Mind if I...?" Her magic picks it up and she turns it over and over, staring at it and examining it very closely. She raises a hoof and pokes it. "This is impossible," she states, "Nothing I know of can make something like this. Not even my equipment can."

Elbeyon
2018-01-11, 01:03 AM
Loves happy, excited face drops to wary. The item floats out of her hoofs without any resistance. Sheepish on the approach, Love says, "I thought you'd be happy. Excited. I didn't reverse engineer your project! Scope's armor is wherever he put it. I mean, you were the inspiration behind it all, but I did all the process from scratch!"

"I." She drops her ears. This isn't how she wanted things to go at all! She flicks back up. "I made it the same way I make all my things. You have a keen eye, princess. That's actually why I called you. It's that dangerous, five percent, thing I messaged you about."

Miltonian
2018-01-24, 01:06 AM
Twilight sets it down. "Love," she says, taking her hoof, "I'm not mad and I'm not upset. But please, tell me how you made this. It's very important."

Elbeyon
2018-01-24, 01:24 AM
Love warms up to the touch. "Here, I'll show you." Love leads her by the hoof to the NanoFac surrounded by ChromeLoves. She coughs into a hoof. The surrounding Loves rise and with a flair of showmanship unfold their forelegs towards the massive tank.

"It's an automated factory that uses nanobot technology to assemble the blueprints I feed into it. I've been calling it a Nanofactory, but that's a bit boring" Love taps her head. "The top PR team has been working on the perfect name. Would you like to see the blueprints?" Love pulls a wire from her neck to offer to plug into a nearby computer.

Miltonian
2018-01-29, 11:47 PM
Pulling the wire out of her neck startles Twilight. She jolts towards her, expecting Love to need immediate medical assistance. She catches herself and takes a deep breath. "Right. You're...right." She plops to the ground. "Show me."

After a few minutes of going over the blueprints, she rises and begins to pace. "Simple, yet effective. Well, simple compared to other ways it could be done. Very complex compared the baseline of technological progress today."

Twilight slowly steps towards the nanofactory. Hesitantly, she lays a hoof on the side. "If you don't mind," she says, "I'd like to see it in action. How do I program it to make something?"

Elbeyon
2018-01-30, 07:01 AM
Thanks Twilight! I got a nat 3 on my creation roll!
Love gives her a bit old smile to her misunderstanding. "Standard issue with all computers. I need some way to connect. The LoveBots have wireless, of course, but I prefer to be more secure when possible. If you find this strange, you should see my flesh body." She chuckles.

"I've been working on this project for a long time. A magma opus - I'm proud enough to call it that. Since I've used it to create all my inventions. So, I design most of my prototypes in the fac in real time. By the time I'm done with prototyping, testing, etc. The full design is already in the factory. I can use scans and 3d modeling to move something to the machine when needed."

Miltonian
2018-03-12, 06:29 PM
Twilight puts her hoof to her chin and looks over the controls. "Alright," she says, "I think I understand how this will work." Her horn glows for a moment and a USB drive pops into existence, caught in a telekinetic field. "Does it sync up with this? I know its a bit of dated tech at this point, but this has some enchantments on it that are time-consuming to replicate, so I never got around to replacing it."

Elbeyon
2018-03-12, 06:57 PM
"I don't think so?"... Love trails off in uncertainty. "You're welcome to try. Do you want any help setting anything up?" Love will step aside so Twilight has full access to the machine.

Miltonian
2018-03-12, 07:21 PM
"Hmm." Twilight frowns at the machine. "Will have to do this manually, then."

She whips out a phone the like of which Love has never seen before and plugs the USB into it. Then, she takes to the controls. Studying the screen carefully, she inputs equations, orders, and designs into Love's machine at a breakneck pace. Her body and magic combined can barely keep up with it. Slowly, ever so slowly, the shape of a pony begins to take form on Love's machine.

Elbeyon
2018-03-12, 07:48 PM
Love frowns along with her. "Oh, manually entering it might take a while..."

When Twilight starts working Love goes slack-jawed and says, "What!?" in disbelief. There is a struggle going on between watching Twilight and the ghost in the machine. Love settles on both. Loves start gathering around as Twilight shows off an impressive display in magical talent. She keeps quiet as Twilight works. Time magic she has to ask herself?

Miltonian
2018-03-13, 12:14 AM
Time magic or no time magic, Twilight's pace is unstoppable. Hooves and telekinetic fingers probe the controls, creating circuits, motors, cooling systems, heating systems, gears, wires, sensors, and all manner of electronic parts. When she stops, Love is staring at a very lifelike copy of Rainbow Dash, confident smirk and all, projected in the air before her. Twilight hits the 'assemble' command and waits.

"I'll replace whatever matter I use up, of course," she says, "This is a concept I've had in mind for a while, but after our previous adventure, I, eh-heh, pushed it to the front of the list. I like to call it a 'life model decoy'. A simple droid programmed to take the place of an important figure when there is fear of assassination or other trouble."

Elbeyon
2018-03-13, 12:28 PM
That's amazing! Love made sure to get a 3d view of all that!

Love puts a hoof up and dismisses the idea. "Don't worry about the feed. It's cheap."

"This is something you've just had on the back burner? This is amazing! It's cool and all to see it all before me. I'm sure it'll be very useful.", She smiles. "I - just - It's going to be like a top secret thing, right?" Love shakes her head. "I should probably disconnect the memory. No, delete it outright? My brain will be on the field soon, so I can't remember this taking place."

Miltonian
2018-03-13, 01:04 PM
"Oh this is an old design," Twilight says with a wave of her hoof, "This is basically the same level of tech as a warbot. So, it'll do for now, but it'll be outdated in a few years. I'm just testing your invention out, seeing how well it handles precise instructions."

Slowly, the life-model decoy takes shape on the 'stage'. Twilight carefully studies the process, watching it with keen interest in her eyes. She walks around the machine, viewing it from every angle, and sticks her face closer than can strictly be called 'safe'. "Fascinating," she says under her breath.

Elbeyon
2018-03-13, 02:20 PM
"Oh!" Love smiles at the good news. She really disliked deleting memories (but for the element's security...)

Love will mimic her pacing to get a good work of Twilight's and her invention working together. Her face follows after Twilight's getting closer to the machine. The other Loves watch from a distance.

"I haven't molded a body on my machine yet. I was going to be the first, erm, maybe, second. I never imagined Dash would have been the first! A dash life model decoy at least!" She smiles and stares at the nanofac working away, quite to keep with the lab atmosphere and to allow Twilight to focus.

Miltonian
2018-03-14, 12:16 AM
At last, the decoy is done. It stands there, smirking down at the world, eyes staring straight ahead, as if someone had just hit 'pause' on Rainbow Dash. Twilight levitates it off the assembly area and sets it down. She presses down on the back of the head and reveals some of the electronics underneath. A wire extends from her phone, which she plugs in. The circuits come to life.

Twilight sits back. "And now we wait."

In less than a minute, the decoy blinks and shakes its mane. Its eyes flick around the room and settle on Twilight. "Hey, Twi!" it says, sounding like Rainbow Dash but a little stiff. "Calibrating," it adds. It makes a sound like clearing its throat. "Hey Twi! Calibrating." Better this time. "Hey Twi!" And now a spot-on imitation of the original. "Calibration complete. Moving to motion controls." Awkwardly at first, but rapidly improving, it begins walking, then jogging, then sprinting, and then even flying.

"It can say over a thousand lines of context-sensitive dialogue," Twilight says.

Elbeyon
2018-03-14, 05:08 PM
Love follows after Twlight. "Wow! That's amazing. How'd you do that?", she asks. "I've never seen a pony work like that!"

Love waits, light on her hoofs, for something to happen.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash." Love repeats herself every time the robot introduces itself. Trying to maintain normalcy is too hard, Love is giddy with excitement. She follows DashBot around and mimics her. Walking, Jogging, Sprinting, etc. until eventually she can't even keep up. Love wipes her brow. "That's fast!"

"Amazing", Love admits. "Can I test it?" Without dropping a beat, she asks, "How much do you Love Twilight?"

Miltonian
2018-03-14, 06:56 PM
"Practice," Twilight says with a wry chuckle, "Years and years of practice."

She watches with an amused smile as Love tries to keep up with the decoy. "Well thank you! It wouldn't be a convincing Rainbow Dash if it couldn't move at a fair clip, would it?"

"Su--" Love cuts Twilight off before she can respond. Her question causes the alicorn to blush heavily as the robot cheerfully answers, "Twilight is the best princess! I love her from the bottom of my heart!"

"Eh-heh..." Twilight grins nervously at Love. "Little...easter egg there."

Elbeyon
2018-03-14, 08:41 PM
Love chuckles. "Fair enough. I'm only sixty years old. You have two-hundred something years on me, not counting any time travel or inter-dimensional travel. I'll figure out what you did exactly myself eventually."

-

Love sticks her tongue out as her question gets answered. "I build my own robots too. It's hard to resist the urge." Love points a hoof to another Love. "Do you love me!?"

"I'm not a LoveBot. I'm you."

"Do you love me!?"

Love blushes before announcing, "Yes!"

Love points to a ChromeBot. "Do you love me!?"

The thing pauses on delivering coffee. "Yes, Madam. You are greater than the sum of your parts."

Love gives a big smile and laugh.

Miltonian
2018-03-14, 09:20 PM
"Oh, well then you have..." The full weight of what Love just said hits her. Her eyes get real wide and her ears go stiff in surprise. "You're sixty?!

Everything else fails to compute. She stares at Love, unblinking, until at last she shouts, "HOW?!"

Elbeyon
2018-03-14, 09:40 PM
Somehow she wasn't expecting to be under such scrutiny for that comment. Love rubs her mane, "Well, if a pony counts my age a certain way, sixty is one of the answers they could arrive at anyhow. I feel a little foalish for saying the highest estimate out loud in an attempt to seem older." Love points to a few different Loves in the room. "That's twelve. It means that this month that I'll experience twelve months, a full year. I might be able to control even more bodies in a month or two. I'll be aging even faster, if you want to count my age that way." Love gives a nervous smile, not sure if the princess is about to laugh at her or not.

Miltonian
2018-03-14, 09:51 PM
Twilight's impending mental freakout stops short of full-meltdown. "OH, ha, ha, ha! I see. I understand now." She puts a slightly-off smile onto her face and takes a few deep breaths. "You did not discover a new version of immortality magic or something like that. That is such a relief!"

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-1918955-5-crazy_smiling_twilight_sparkle_vector_by_thorinair-d5es9dj.png

"Not that I wouldn't put something past you. I mean, you made this thing..." She pats the nano-fac.

"All calibrations complete!" the Dash Bot announces, "Time to be awesome!"

Elbeyon
2018-03-14, 09:57 PM
Love rubs her mane nervously and lightens up into a laugh. "Nah, I haven't discovered that one yet. Still a work in progress. Haha! A few more theories to test..."

Miltonian
2018-03-14, 10:28 PM
"Well!" Twilight says cheerfully. A whiteboard and markers appear behind her, seemingly from nowhere. Love's lab is too high tech! She has Smartboards. Twilight must have brought this herself. "There are currently 134 known ways of achieving immortality. 123 of them are banned for moral reasons. Of those, 59 have been lost to history with only records describing the results and the barebones of the method. Enough to demonstrate why they're crimes against ponykind. For example, vampirism and lichdom! The rest are rumors and myths or very hard to accomplish. One of them is 'be an Element of Harmony'. Another is 'be an alicorn'. There's also 'be born immortal', like Discord. And then there's the unconfirmed phenomenon of swimming in the River Styx, but that's not really immortality and it will most likely kill you."

The whiteboard is now filled with this information. Twilight takes a deep breath. "Any questions?" The decoy raises its hoof. "Yes, Rainbow Dash?"

"This is boring. Just wanted to put that out there."

Twilight glared. "I see you are in perfect working order."

"Yep!" It grinned at her.

Elbeyon
2018-03-14, 11:06 PM
Love plops down and reaches for her computer. Her laptop finds its position, and she takes notes.

"134. 123. Four of the remaining eleven seem unattainable." Love fishes a hoof up into the air.

"I have a question." She waits to get called on. "If I may be so bold, how are you fairing with anti-aging medicine? It's long been theorized as possible, but no pony has been able achieve the process yet (that I'm aware)."

Love assures her, "I'm not going to do anything amoral. In fact, I'm extremely worried about any fallout. I saw the way you 'ticked', and I'm worried about what could happen. What wisdom would you suggest upon on me?"

Miltonian
2018-03-15, 12:31 AM
"The main problem," Twilight says, though her eyes are focused on the Dash bot, "With anti-aging medicine is dealing with the gene-breakdown that causes aging. In order to 'reverse' it, you have to repair the DNA. And that can be...tricky. It's easier to slow aging by reducing the rate at which the DNA degrades than it is to reverse it or stop it."

Her horn glows and she grabs the bot right as its about to start examining some delicate lab equipment. "Heh, heh, sorry. Still a few bugs to work out. Or, considering who it is, you might call them features. Anyway, my advice to you is..." Her smile fades ever so subtly. "Don't. Too many ponies have gone after it and ignored the life they already have. I mean, just look at Sombra. He was a good kind and then he got it into his head that he needed to be immortal. And...that caused a thousand years of pain for the Crystal Ponies."

"And..." Her smile fades another few notches. "Immortality's not all it's cracked up to be. You're better off without it."

Elbeyon
2018-03-15, 01:05 PM
A couple more notes get typed up. Twilight's distraction seems to be shared with Love as Love glances Dash's way whenever Twilight reacts.

"It's alright. The thing is magnificent. Heh. It's very realistic. The features are charming if you ask me.", she smirks. "It'll serve its purpose well."

Love takes a deep breath, building up, readying herself to answer Twilight. "Ok", she agrees. "My schedule is pretty busy right now anyhow. I can scratch immortality off my list." She moves closer to Twilight and sits down again. She frames it, "My friends are giving me important life advice. I won't put their words to waste; however, I'll be adding something new to my to do list. A thing less selfish, more important!"

"I shall try to remove all the drawbacks to being immortal! The problem is I don't know all the drawbacks. Heh." She sticks her tongue out. "I'll need to spend more time with my friends to learn a thing or two! Oh pony! That sounds bad." Love puts her hoofs to her head. "I want to hang out with you because I like you, not to study you. I'd be very happy to study you though! Not that that's my main goal! You said enjoy the life I already had. I'd be doing that! I'd be hanging out with friends while trying to make them happy! That's not a bad goal. Friendship is the main goal! Though I'd be happy if I could make you happier!" Love twists in place in playful torment.

Miltonian
2018-03-15, 02:22 PM
"Protect and serve!" the Dash bot says. It leans forward. "Uh, Twi. You can stop that now. I'm good, I swear." Twilight warily sets it down. It smiles and sits down.

Twilight sighs in relief and places a hoof on Love's shoulder. "I don't want to make your decisions for you, but that is a very, very wise one," she says and draws Love into a hug before letting her continue.

Her smile returns in full force. "Of course! The Princess of Friendship always has time for her friends. Even if she has to rearrange her schedule." She clears her throat. "Speaking of which...I do have somewhere to be soon. And I can't take...well, Rainbow Decoy there. Would it be too much to ask if I left her here for the night and picked her up tomorrow?"

Elbeyon
2018-03-15, 06:04 PM
Love slightly smiles as Twilight seems to, at least for now, have tamed the robot.

She glances to the hoof as it gets placed on her shoulder. "I don't want to make you worry. It's hard to accept some pony else's wisdom without first making the mistake ourselves. Super hard!" Love puts her forelegs around her and squeezes tightly. "I won't let you down though. I promise. It's a Love promise!"

"Twilight, Torch, I'm glad I get to know the pony. Text me sometimes, or", she gives a happy giggle, "write me. We can be pen pals!" Love pulls back as she clears her throat. "I'll watch over Rainbow Decoy! I'll give you a fully written and documented paper on her behaviors and improvement suggestions. You'll have her in the morning!"

"Torch, you are welcome in my home, both my house and my lab. I'll be away on a missions sometimes, away from my connection. I thought I adequately defended my home, but I know my defenses aren't enough now. I was hoping you'd let me store all my research at your home while I'm away. You're free to look through all of it! I..", she blushes and rubs her mane while looking away.

Miltonian
2018-03-15, 07:30 PM
Twilight snorts. "I trust me. When it comes to sending letters, I've got it pretty much down. And I'd be happy to write you! But we'll need to see each other too. Letters are good to a certain point, but friendships need more than that to truly thrive."

She pats Rainbow Decoy on the head and gives it a telekinetic nudge towards Love. "If you can think of anything I haven't, I will be more than happy to take your suggestions," she says with a smile, "And I will gladly safeguard your experiments. Don't want this getting into the wrong hooves, that's for sure."

Rainbow Decoy tilts her head at Love. "So...does this mean we're having a sleepover?"

Elbeyon
2018-03-15, 08:18 PM
Love chuckles. "I trust you. I look forward to your letters." Love nods a couple times. "Course, we need to see each other too! Didn't I offer my secretary services to you?" Love sticks her tongue out and giggles.

Love sits near the robot. "I'll give you a full report." She smiles real big. "Thank you, Torch! I owe you one! I hope you find some fun times with my work." She puts a hoof to her mouth and chuckles. "Have a good night!"

"Sleepover!" Love attempts to throw a foreleg around the Dashcoy. "I'd be honored with a sleepover!" Love smiles real big. "What's your favorite food, Dash?"

Miltonian
2018-03-15, 10:15 PM
Twilight takes a deep breath. "I may end up taking...one of you up on that offer," she says, "When this blows over."

"Thank you so much. Have a good night and I will see you tomorrow." Her horn glows and she disappears in a flash.

The Dashcoy grins and throws a foreleg around Love's shoulders in return. "I love sleepovers! So long as they're awesome ones."

Elbeyon
2018-03-15, 10:35 PM
Love sees Twilight off with a friendly goodbye wave.

"Is food not one of your 1000 responses?" Noted she thinks to herself. Love smirks, "We're going to have an awesome sleepover!"

"Let's get you through the highly invasive security check, and we'll get you up to my place. I'd ask you to sign some waivers, but...." That might not be bad test data. "Hey, Dash! We need to get you through the security check, so you have to sign some papers. You're kind of stuck in this room otherwise."

Miltonian
2018-03-15, 10:39 PM
Dash blinks. "I mean, I can eat, but I'm not hungry right now." It rubs the back of its head ruefully. "I'm sure your cooking tastes great though."

It's eyes narrow. "Signing stuff? Well, if I have to. Just know that it might not hold up in court 'cause I had a little bit of cider on my way over." A dreamy look comes over her face. "I. Love. Cider."

Elbeyon
2018-03-15, 10:52 PM
"Just try your best!", she assures her. "It'll be fiine. We're friends aren't we?"

FleshLove is waiting by the exit, ready to process Dashcoy.

"I know your full, but would you be up for some popcorn and a movie? No! We should hit the gym together! Do you like to brawl or wrestle? I know I'm not as quick as you, but we could jog together too if desired. Pump some iron, maybe? No, what do you want to do?"

Miltonian
2018-03-15, 10:59 PM
"Popcorn? Ooh, I like popcorn," it says, trotting over to FleshLove and presenting itself for processing. "Heh. Fair warning. If we wrestle, I don't hold back. Not for anypony, not even AJ."

"It's your house. What do you want to do?"

Elbeyon
2018-03-15, 11:10 PM
This was my original post to describe getting into Love's lab:

Getting into the lab is a pain. It takes minutes to process each pony (not because the process aren't streamlined, but because there are so many manual inputs as well!. Even Love's turn doesn't go any faster.

Hooveprints. Retinalprints. Voiceprints. DNAprints. X-ray. T-ray (Chemical tests). Explosives Scan. Weighing. A thorough “skin search” (Lose the clothes!) preformed by a mounted TechBot. Decontamination. Digital Security. Analog security. Magical Security. Unnamed Magic Scans. Unnamed Technology Scans. Every possible thing about a pony and what they bring with them is logged and processed. There is no such thing as privacy here. The good news! You probably don't need a medical check up now!
"Right this way, please." FleshLove directs her through the scanner. Love will have to ok a lot of irregularities, but she won't be the first robot through the scanner. The first non-Lovebot or ChromeBot though.

"If we wrestle, I wouldn't hold back either. It's not very sporting to hold back on your opponent in a real match." Love chuckles. "We won't be wrestling with me using this body though." I'm just here for the security check.

"It is my house... Would you like a bath?"

Miltonian
2018-03-15, 11:16 PM
"Sheesh," Rainbow Decoy says after the third scanner, "This isn't going to end with a full-cavity search, is it?"

It looks confused at FleshLove. "This body? What's that supposed to mean? I, uh, kinda thought your twin over there would be the one wrestling."

Her eyes cloud with suspicion. "We're not going to end up giving each other hooficures, are we?"

Elbeyon
2018-03-15, 11:36 PM
"We're almost done!" They weren't. Love chuckles, "Ha-ha, no. We're not getting a full-cavity search. I thought about that security measure, but most ponies would never enter my lab if I did that. It is optional though! We will get a skin search preformed on us, which means a robot is going to comb through our fur. I hope that's alright?"

"That body over there is me too. I'm mostly controlling them both."

Love gasps. "I like hooficures! I have my robots to take care of me, but we should ignore them for some better bonding time."

Miltonian
2018-03-16, 09:08 AM
The Dashcoy gives her a flat look. "Yeah. Sure we are." But it continues to stand there and go through the tests, as required.

She glances between the two Loves and mutters, "Updating parameters. New parameters set. Reference ID: Whatthebuck."

"Okay. No." Dashcoy withdraws its hoof quickly and inspects it, just in case Love already started on the hooficure process. "That is the least awesome thing you've said all night."

Elbeyon
2018-03-16, 01:24 PM
Love doesn't mind the extra time with Dashcoy in the scanner. The readings were interesting and Twilight might appreciate the data on how another pony would scan Dashcoy in Love's report. She had absolutely no plans to try to peek into Twilght's invention, but she had relatively no choice if she wanted Dashcoy out of her lab. "I'm sorry, Dashy. I must be used to the scan time. It's not so bad once you get used to the procedure. There really is no rushing these things. Security is key." Love chuckles.

"Except, I've had my lab invaded two times today. No worries about that though. It simply reminds me that I need to double check that all my security within the lab is good enough. If some pony teleports inside, I need to be prepared against that as well. I can't just be leaving secret materials out in the open. Heh. In my fishbowl lab."

"Alright, no hooficures. How about we get you upstairs, and I give you a tour of my house. I've got a gym. A maintenance room if you get damaged. My living room is very comfortable! I've got a bathhouse, erm, room. I've got a bedroom, lots in fact. I've got a video game room plus board game room. A library. A swimming pool. We can find something Awesome for you to do!"

Miltonian
2018-03-16, 02:09 PM
Dashcoy salutes and adopts a military posture. "Right you are, ma'am! Security is key. Want me to set up a patrol?" The processor whirs for a moment. Not audibly, but Love can see the expression go blank for a moment. Then, she switches to embarrassed. "Er, forget about that. Ha, ha. Got carried away there."

She nods. "Tours are cool. Let's go for it!"

How far do you want to go with this?

Elbeyon
2018-03-17, 02:57 PM
Love smiles at the Dashcoy. Teasing, "You are the cutest Rainbow Dash. Let's get you up to my house."

She pushes her through the scanner. Phew, she thought she would never clear the checkpoint at this rate.

Love will take her up to her house and entertain herself. The first event is a no brainier. A racing game has to be the first thing. Love puts in the retro futuristic tracked racing game, Redout. The cars are relatively simple, but the game really makes a player feel like they're driving a vehicle moving thousands of miles per hour. The play on light and colors is a beauty as well if a little simple.

From there they can break into playing action games. A few rounds on some shooters. Love wants to play a wrestling game - not fighting, wrestling. They play professionals pulling punches and fake hitting each other with fists and oddly placed stage equipment. Love throws in the suitable playful showboating as she wins and loses. Pumped for some real action, Love challenges Dashcoy to a wrestling match that is sure to go as expected. Getting all tired out, Love moves to finish off the night with movies and 'deep' talks that are sure to leave Dashcoy dodging the question. Love wants to play a drinking game, even if she is the only pony drinking. Love is willing to stay up all night with her new robot friend.

Miltonian
2018-03-19, 05:32 PM
The decoy has a near limitless supply of energy and has a high curiosity rating, so Love is kept busy all night. It refuses to drink or eat, despite claiming multiple times to have drunk cider and enjoyed it. Love has fun all night.

Come morning, Twilight returns, yawning and eyes drooping. But she has the presence of mind to ring the front doorbell this time. "Hey Love," she says, sleepily, "How did it go?"

One advantage Love has over alicorns is that they still need sleep, it seems.

Elbeyon
2018-03-20, 03:42 PM
The door opens as expected. Love speaks softly to the sleepy head, "Hey. Good morning." She teases a smile as she looks over Twilight. "Come in." She motions for her to follow. There is only one Love in view. The kitchen half wall has a prepared pot of hot coffee and a simple meal of cut apples and squash paste bread. "Things went really well. I'm entertaining Rainbow Dash in the other room now."

She walks around to the kitchen side of things and takes a seat. Her computer is there alongside a data bank. "I wrote up a report as promised. A medical report too. I've also provided the raw data. My literal view of things." She smirks. "How'd your night go?" She pours her a cup of coffee and motions toward a platter with sugar, milk, etc.

Miltonian
2018-03-20, 11:52 PM
"Oh, it's been a week," Twilight says with a nervous, stressed chuckle, "A long, frightening, terrifying week. But I'm glad you had fun! And I'd love to look through those notes." She suddenly grabs Love by the shoulders, eye twitching. "In fact! Go get them right now! I can look over them right here and give you my feedback. Please?"

She slumps back into her chair. "Before you ask, blue box, brown earth pony, time travel, and more answers to all this than I ever wanted to know. I just...want to do something normal. Right. Now."

Elbeyon
2018-03-23, 01:05 AM
"A week? Wow, it's so weird being on the other end of that process." Love mumbles under her breath as she considers a thought, "260 plus?" Poor thing. Her shoulders being grabbed causes her to smirk. Twilight looks haggard. "Moving on to the more preferred topic."

A Chromebot comes out from the living room hallway and heads to the kitchen to make tea. "Camellia?", Love asks interrupting the conversation.

She speaks quieter than usual, "We had a blast. I stayed up drinking with Dash, so I'm snoozing in the other room. Don't worry about noise, My rooms have pretty good sound proofing." Love glances to the prepared computer sitting at the breakfast 'table', but decides to make her plan B her plan A.

She leans over and moves the computer to pick up the folder underneath. The written, printed out report gets offered to Twilight. "I wasn't joking about that medical report." Love chuckles. Despite her background Love seems to know how to type a good-looking report/research paper. "I had to get Dash through my security room to get her out of my lab. You can see on the TOC that I have some suggestions for Dash on page 42 and 61. It's a very good imitation. It's a shame I couldn't get her to drink with me even though she self-professedly loves cider."

Miltonian
2018-03-23, 05:37 PM
Most ponies would be put off by the length of Love's report, but Twilight beams at her. She accepts the tea and sips it, eyes locked on the page in front of her. "Well, this model doesn't have the capacity to eat or drink," Twilight says, "It's not hard to implement, I just hadn't got around to it. The Crusaders can, but they won't get any benefit from it. And the real Dash wouldn't hesitate to drink herself into a stupor with cider, so I'll need to get that working before the final version."

She reads through Love's reports with a pen, circling passages and making notes to herself. It's not the red pen of a teacher, correcting her, but rather a reader marking the most important sections of a textbook. She keeps up her side of the conversation, but it's clear that, for the next little while, her attention is going to be otherwise occupied.

After a while, she says, "Hey Love. If you don't mind me asking, are you all the same pony?"

Elbeyon
2018-03-23, 11:26 PM
Love smiles and throws away the line. "If you ever need to have Dash drink for research, I'd be glad to be around to assist."

Love puts a hoof to her mouth, "Mwhaha." She smiles. "Are you studying me? It's only fair I get to study you in return, you know? I sort of already am studying you aren't I? Fair is fair." She takes a sip of her coffee. "Though I might have some personal questions for you later."

"The truth is that I'm not qualified to answer that question, but I like to think that I am one pony. It can be said: that a pony isn't who they were a year ago, yet most would still recognize them as the same pony in some ways. I split until I merge. During that time, I have no obvious mental awareness what any of myselves are doing. I'm very unlearned on the properties of the soul (my search for the perfect teacher has yet to pay off), but Whooves said all sentient creatures have souls. Am I twelve different Loves separated by a days worth of time, only two seconds away from being the same pony again. Do I have twelve souls or one? Do I have the same soul every day, every time I split, or recombine? I have a personal truth, but it may not be the universal one."

Love heavily blushes. "I hope I didn't go too off the rails. You're one of the few ponies I'd want to have this conversation. Torch, I hoped you'd ask me one day. There truth is I don't know, but I want to find out."

Miltonian
2018-03-24, 12:01 AM
Twilight smiles weakly. "You may not feel that way after we're done talking," she admits.

"In truth," she says, patting a hoof against Love's paper, "This is...only the beginning of what I want to do. The Crusaders, Trixie, and eventually Starlight are, well, all well and good in their own right, but I'm hoping that I can combine all of this into a new project. Project Harmony. A way to make sure that Equestria always has the Elements, no matter what happens."

"Did you know I once got assassinated?" She chuckles. "During the war with the Steel Empire, which eventually became the Wasteland, a sniper snuck behind our lines and shot me in the head. I didn't feel anything. And I woke up an hour later. Turns out, alicorns can't die. Even if a disintegration spell struck me, my skeleton would remain behind. And some weird, purple dots where my eyes are. So that's something for your research paper."

"The rest of my friends though...Well, I've spent a lot of time building ways to keep them from dying. But I know it's going to happen, one way or another, eventually. And when the Elements are broken, when one is missing..." She puts her head in her forehooves. "I don't know what that will do to the rest of us."
"AI is a start, but Dashcoy 2.0 isn't going to actually be the Element of Loyalty. You know the Crusaders. They're not the same ponies as their originals. They're their own, unique individuals. Which is great. But someday, we're going to need very specific individuals back again."

"I did briefly consider studying the Old Iron King's tablet, but I gave that idea up pretty quick."

"I wonder though," she says and Love might feel a bit like a bug under a microscope, "If we could create copies of them. Their minds, I mean. Safe and sealed away, with identical souls. I can now build Crusader-level bodies with pretty good skill, so if the worst should happen, it wouldn't be long before we had a...replacement." She winces. "Which sounds bad. Really bad. But we're not just ponies. We're the defenders of Equestria."

Elbeyon
2018-04-01, 08:53 PM
Love raises an eyebrow at the disparaging comment.

‘In truth’ she thinks. This was going to be a long ride wasn’t it? Love settles in her seat to hear out Torch. Nods, mhms, and all manner of progressing affirmations display she is listening. “I didn’t know you were assassinated.” Love sips her coffee. “I’ve been ‘killed’, and it is not pleasant.” When Love sees Torch collapse into her hoofs at the choppy bits she puts her hoofs on her forelegs so she knows that she is there for her.

The stories all told and done. Love gives herself a moment to process and collect her thoughts. A plate of cut apples is pushed Torch’s way.

“I’m glad you resisted temptation from the Old Iron King’s tablet. When I was carrying it up the tunnel to Diamond Hope it whispered such sweet whispers into my head. Power. Magnetism. Immortality. Magic. I wouldn’t ever be happy even if it gave me what it promised, because it’s not what I really want. The how matters, and the tablet could never achieve my dreams in a way that makes me happy. My dreams aren’t even static. I would have gained everything that I would have simply said and been corrupted beyond my own recognition.” She chuckles. “I probably would have adopted a new name, even thinking about the result a little. We wouldn’t be having this conversation, and I… Well, who knows what would have happened to me.”

Love stands up and walks around next to Torch. “I’m telling you this as a friend and colleague that has seen raw temptation in its most wonderful fantastical idea form.” She squeezes a hold on her. “You need to stop what you're doing.”

“I love Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle. I’m sure I’ll love Trixie. And, Starlight too if she’s already around. You’ve brought so many wonderful ponies and inventions into this world. I’m sure you created them in the image of wonderful ponies, but you aren’t bringing back your family and friends. You’ve made imperfect copies. You’ll only ever be able to make copies.” Torch hasn’t gone further than this in all her hundreds of years, so Love doesn’t doubt her now.

“You don’t know what happens when an Element dies. Can they die? You’re building Project Harmony on an untested hypothesis. The opportunity cost alone is staggering. The elements probably wouldn't get passed onto these other ponies. There are other ponies that have truly lived the elements beyond a newly awakened mind.”

“Let’s talk about what you would have done if you got what you say you want. You would be bringing ponies into this world for your own selfish desires. You’d be creating ponies as tools and weapons. These wouldn’t be your WarBots. These would be real, living, ponies created to serve out a function within society. I haven’t had kids of my own, but that seems… wrong. I’m sorry I can’t put that in better words.”

“Don’t misunderstand me. I love the CMC. They’re great ponies. I’m glad they exist, but one day they’re going to have questions for you that you won’t want to hear or answer. Love them. Love all your inventions. One day some of them will need that love when they ask why.”

“The future isn’t only that though.” She gives a nervous chuckle. “There are so many things that await everypony. Happy. Sad. Great. Awful. But, all new. A pony can’t live in the past without a future. You are here and now, not back there. Look to the future full of wonder and excitement. There are things, so many new things, that are coming for every pony. Don’t lose yourself. You warned me not to lose myself to the future. I’m warning you not to lose yourself to the past.” She has a moment of self-reflection and chuckles. “Um, switch out all that future stuff for present stuff, maybe?” She rubs her mane. “Everything in moderation.”

Miltonian
2018-04-11, 12:32 AM
Twilight's shoulders slump. "You're right," she says with a sad chuckle, "So where does that leave me, then? I can't die. It's not that I want to, it's that I can't. The possibility of it is denied to me. As long as friendship exists in Equestria, so will I."

"I...I miss my friends, Love. My closest friends are here, of course. But I miss...I miss having tea with Cheerilee. I miss hugging my brother and my parents." Her shoulders tremble. "I miss...I miss all the foals I used to teach. The ones who grew up and died of old age or accidents. I miss working on magical theory with Starlight and Sunburst. I miss Donut Joe's shop. I miss...so many other things. And the list is only getting longer each day." She looks down at her hooves. "Will I get used to it? And will getting used to it mean closing my heart so that I can't be hurt again?"

Elbeyon
2018-04-14, 04:11 PM
Love pulls her sad dimming ever burning Torch into her own warm hug. "I don't know..."

She listens. "I think... you're strong. I think you're courageous. Warm and loving. There are so many ponies that mean so much to you, and you have carried them with you for all these years. You remember the good, happy pieces of life that you share between them and you. Some bad too, I'm sure, but the good memories are the treasure in the heart. That your worried about your heart speaks well to its health. Every pony handles these feelings differently, so I don't know what awaits you in the future. I hope that you never have to shut yourself off to protect your heart though." Love checks and moves Torch to make her as comfortable as possible.

"These moments. These feelings that are surfacing are a celebration to the sublime things that were and are in our life. It's alright to let the tears inside stream to the outside. A pony needs to cry at times. You met all these wonderful ponies that shared so much love with you because you were open and willing. I'm sure they were as happy that you shared back with them. It allowed me to become your friend. As long as your willing you will keep meeting marvelous beautiful ponies, forming magnificent relationships, and gaining meaning from those around you. If... you want, I'd like to hear about your other friends. I'd like to help carry your memories." Love treads carefully and sweetly, tenderly calls upon Twilight's precious ponies as each is a treasure. "Cheerilee enjoyed her tea? I've read tells of Shining Armor's heroics. Just how good were Donut Joe's donuts?"

Miltonian
2018-04-17, 08:46 PM
Twilight sniffs and wipes her eyes. "I'm sorry. It's not fair to put this on you, but..." She sighs and leans into Love's hug, returning it. It almost feels like Love is getting hugged. Twilight, though not the tallest alicorn, is still a bit over the average pony. "Thank you."

She sits back and wipes her eyes again. A smile creases her face. "His donuts were the best. Never had anything like them since. And Shiny...he was my Big Brother Best Friend Forever. I...for the longest time, I never imagined going on without him. I still miss him. Cadence does too, maybe more than me. But she's married since then. I...never did. I-I've been on dates, but never had the time to settle down. And then...it's hard enough when friends die." She sniffs.

"Cheerilee was a good friend," she says, "One of the best teachers, other than Celestia, I ever met. She loved teaching and her colts and fillies. They were like her own children. She was so happy when she finally got one of her own."

She smiles. "I could tell stories all day."

Elbeyon
2018-04-20, 10:24 PM
Love accepts the return of affection with a slight increase of her own squeeze, still loose with plenty of breathing room though. Hidden away behind Twilight's shoulder the happy sad sappy nature of her voice is easily discerned. "No, don't say you're sorry. We're friends. I'm here to support you, and it's only fair that I support you no matter the reason because you make me happy." Love pauses at her thanks, and then returns one in kind. "Thank you for trusting me, being open to me. I want that between us."

A ChromeBot gets a wireless command to bring some tissue papers and is on the way.

When they separate Love gives her a trying short lived happy smirk as a show of happiness. Love listens more than speaks, but she does give a small comment toward each pony. "I bet those donuts would put the ones a few blocks from here to shame", she gives a wry smirk. "Shining Armor sounds like the type of brother I'd want if I had any siblings." Love wipes away her own tear and sniffs as Torch tells her about all these wonderful ponies that are gone. "Cheerilee sounds like a wonderful mother."

She tries to share too. "I've... never been married either. I'd like to find a very special pony one day and settle down with them. I've been on a lot of dates, but my relationships seem to give out before their anniversaries. I can't even imagine losing my special pony... I would like a special pony nonetheless. I've had relationships wither away, but I can't think of one that I'd wish away."

Love smiles back. "I'd love to hear all of your stories all day." She chuckles and looks away. "I may have spoiled some stories though. I've read a lot of your work." She looks back to her. "I'd love to hear everything from you though."

Miltonian
2018-05-12, 12:43 AM
Twilight sniffs and blows her nose. "Do you have all day?" she asks, "Because I could talk all day. Easily." She smiles apologetically. "Turns out, what they say about old mares is true. We love to talk and don't have that great of respect for other pony's time."

Elbeyon
2018-05-12, 04:14 AM
A ChromeBot stands at the ready to take care of all Twilight's tissue needs.

"I've cleared my schedule now that you've asked, one of the best perks of being self-employed. It'd be easy to listen to you talk all day." Love loses some sap and sweetens her smile. "I don't see any time worn faults. I've noticed the opposite. There couldn't be a better use of my time than listening to my Torch." Love carefully picks up her coffee, takes a sip, and puts the cup back down so her hoofs are free. "Will you share with me?", Love asks in earnest. "I'd like that."

Miltonian
2018-05-13, 12:00 AM
And Twilight does share. For hours, she tells story after story, pouring her heart out along with her memories. Stories of the Crusaders all grown, the time that Rarity and Rainbow Dash were kidnapped by pirates, her first, disastrous Grand Galloping Gala, helping Cheerilee with her lesson plans, that one time she all her teenage rebellion finally welled to the surface and she had a fling with the then-captain of the Lunar Guard, how a colt named Button Mash who kept pestering her to make better video games ending up inspiring her to make television, a crazy mare named Lyra who was obsessed with humans, and the list goes on.

Hours later, she sets down her latest, empty cup of tea. "Whew," she says, "That was...I feel better."

Elbeyon
2018-05-15, 12:31 PM
Love mostly listens and engages when appropriate or when she can no longer contain her chatty self. Her recent time travel into the past allowed her to watch Sweetie Belle perform in theater and the Crusaders sound like true gems. Praise follows at Rarity and Rainbow Dash's past heroics. The unfortunate Gala has finely aged into a humorous story? Respect shows for the good natured and hard working Cheerilee. A fling with the captain guard!?, how scandalous, Love has to know more. Inspiration can be found in the most unlikely of places and she bets that Button Mash has happy with his better video games. Lyra sounds like a fun (truly fun) pony. Human is an unknown, so she does the Love thing and asks about them/it.

Loves come and go as the conversation spins on for hours. The reason for their appearance isn't even that today was going to be a work day, but the simple fact that Love feels comfortable being her self around Torch. The early morning brew will eventually be captured by ChromeBots and transformed into a breakfast before progressing into tea. Loves are working today so they're mostly only around for their own individual breaks. A single happy Love did get drafted into baby sitting the DashBot though.

Love sits beside her, sipping away on tea. "My Bot's tea tends to have that effect on ponies", she jokes and smirks. "I'm glad; I'm glad. I'm feeling refreshed and invigorated myself. You really know how to spin a yarn." Love chuckles. "I felt like I was there or watching at moments."

Miltonian
2018-05-15, 11:24 PM
Foal-sitting Dash-bot is a fun task. It's like playing with a puppy, almost. It invokes similar feelings at least. That Lovebot also has a wonderful time.

Twilight muses. "You know there's a spell for--No. No I shouldn't think that way. Last time I used time-travel, it...did not go well." She smiles apologetically. "So I guess you'll have to find some other pony in a blue box to take you through time and space."

She rises and takes a deep breath. "Well, my schedule is officially ruined for the day."

Elbeyon
2018-05-15, 11:58 PM
Love hms in interest. "I thought you were using time magic before when you operated my machine yesterday and a week ago. Now, I'm debating whether you were moving really fast or if the rules are more complex. I haven't gotten a chance to study the recordings yet.", she notes with a touch of dissatisfaction. She really wants to study everything that's occurred in the last twenty-four hours. She smiles at the thought on reconsideration, "I'm very much looking forward to a bit of studying. No worry Torch, I can take care of my own travel arrangements."

She stands with her friend as it appears Twilight is ready to leave. "I may not be capable of time travel, but I do know something about making up for lost time. I really enjoyed my morning with you. Let me help you out." She softly smiles and touches her own heart. "I know eleven other ponies who would gladly drop their plans to turn that ruin into bloom." A Love in the background is walking by while sipping some tea, stops to look at the camera, and energetically waves to Twilight.

Miltonian
2018-05-16, 12:19 AM
"Oh," Twilight laughs, "That wasn't time magic. I just work really, really fast." She smiles. Darn alicorn heroes and Elements of Harmony. They get all the shiny benefits.

Twilight waves back at the other one. "Well...I'm not sure how you could help. Unless we went back to my lab where all the work is..." One moment passes. Two. And then she gasps. "You should come back to my lab!"

Elbeyon
2018-05-16, 02:51 AM
Love brightens up and puts a hoof into the air as a cheer. "My second hypothesis was correct! You really were simply moving really fast. That's amazing. I wish I could be that quick."

Love prances in place as she gets an invite to Twilight's lab. "I should go back to your lab! I'll bring all my selves!" She smiles real big. "I'm sure I'll find some way to help." She chuckles with excitement. "I have a semi-truck to move everything if that'll be needed!"

Miltonian
2018-05-17, 11:43 PM
"It took a lot of practice," Twilight says with a chuckle, "And years of it too. But yes, I can move very fast. And..." She fans her wings out a bit. "I was a unicorn at one point."

"Oh, no need for a truck. Just bring everything you'll need and gather it all in a circle with a radius of two meters." Twilight frowns. "Well, it could be four, but I'd need a rest afterwards."

Elbeyon
2018-05-18, 08:50 PM
Love laughs heartily. "I bet it did! All of that learning sounds pretty fun. I could enjoy a few years behind a book, studying and doing magic." The wing display certainly catches her eye. "I used to be a unicorn too." She teases, chuckles, and tries to throw a foreleg over Torch's shoulder.

"I'll hurry to get everything and everypony gathered." She taps her own chin before spinning around in front of her while rising onto her back hoofs. "A two meter radius shouldn't be a problem if all of me straightens up a little! You need your energy anyway so I won't overpack. What spell will you be using?", Love asks, curious.

Miltonian
2018-05-25, 11:14 PM
Twilight grins. "Mass Teleport!"

And with that, it's a whir of packing, flurry of activity, Twilight re-arranging everything three times (down from ten, according to her), and then one big, flash of light! And so the adventure continues.

[Scene!]