PDA

View Full Version : Change to subforum title?

ATHATH
2017-11-20, 09:03 PM
The name of the D&D 3e/3.5e/d20 subforum should be changed to "D&D 3.X/PF/d20", since that subforum is about 1/4 to 1/2 Pathfinder or 3.PF right now. They technically fall under the "d20" category, but it's still somewhat confusing/misleading.

weckar
2017-11-29, 06:26 AM
As I posted on the other thread on this topic:

The fact that that subforum supposedly includes d20 is ambiguous in and of itself. For things like Mutants & Masterminds, Star Wars Saga Edition (which you may even consider a 4e derivative) or even d20 Modern I see most people sticking to the overheading Roleplaying Games subforum. Is d20 in general really needed/welcome in that sub-subforum?

This is mostly a problem because of this text:

or any fantasy game using the d20 system
it seems needlessly exclusionary or inclusive, depending on how you look at it.

Roland St. Jude
2017-11-29, 11:22 PM
Sheriff: Thanks for the suggestion. Some people have suggested the title should expressly include PF since we created the current organization. The decision to just say "d20" was intentional when we created the subforum and obviously includes PF. Even the word "fantasy" mentioned by weckar obviously includes PF. Though it might seem to exclude other non-fantasy d20 games, I don't see much confusion there either. People seem to pay more attention to the d20 in the title rather than the word "fantasy" in the description. Could we change it? Sure. But it doesn't seem to be a necessity.