PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Trying to build a lvl 15 hexblade

Windy El
2017-11-20, 10:26 PM
Hi!

I got a game of DnD 5e thats about to start and i wanted to try out the hexblade from xanathar.

Since the game start at lvl 15 and is 90% combat and 10% rp, i want your help to create the best hexblade possible.

I have access to PHB, DMG, SCAG, VOLO and XGTE. Standard buy point and all race and variant is ok as long its not in the UA. AND I NEED TO STAY FULL WARLOCK so no multiclass.

I checked a little myself but came not as nice as i thought.

So here the rundown of my bild so far at lvl 15
Human variant
Str 8 dex 14 con 16 int 10 wis 8 cha 20
Hexblade pact of the blade

2 ASI in cha

Feats:
Polearm master (human)
Sentinel

Pact weapon either glaive/halberd or pike.

Invocation is all about the blade except CHA to eldricht blast and pull 10 feet. (To pull enemies out of my reach)

All the blade so : extra attack. Improved pact weapon. Bonus cha to damage (dont have book nearby for name)
Relentless hex.

And devils sight.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.

Zanthy1
2017-11-20, 11:16 PM
Obviously get charisma to 20 ASAP, but in terms of spells, I really like thunder step as a quick get out of trouble and small AOE. Good for when you've been pulling enemies, but sneaky reinforcements have snuck up on your backline casters.

Edit: Also see if you can get some special armor like mithral or adamantine. Not only is it cool, but like a half plate would get you some solid AC

prototype00
2017-11-20, 11:30 PM
I condense my thoughts on the subject here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?541565-Planning-out-a-Trivantage-Half-Elf-Hexblade-for-AL

In short, are you okay going Half-Elf? They are seriously good at this Hexblade thing.

Mikal
2017-11-20, 11:47 PM
Best Hexblade would probably be a Hexblade 12/Fighter 3.
Choose Battlemaster for extra attack options for trip, riposte, and precision attack.

prototype00
2017-11-21, 12:01 AM
Oh, and Half-Drow gets that Darkness spell 1/day, perfect for the Devil’s Sight combo.