PDA

View Full Version : Could you apply Splitting Bolt to spears?

SangoProduction
2017-11-21, 06:00 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/splitting-bolt/

Or more accurately, can you deconstruct the enchantment and have it apply to a spear or whatever throwing weapon?

EDIT: -1gp for the base bolt. times 50 because it's ammunition. 17,250 gp. -2,000 for the base +1. So 15,250 gp for the splitting enhancement.

Did I do it right?

Bronk
2017-11-21, 08:18 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/splitting-bolt/

Or more accurately, can you deconstruct the enchantment and have it apply to a spear or whatever throwing weapon?

-1gp for the base bolt. times 50 because it's ammunition. 172,500 gp...woah. That's expensive.

Did I do it right?

I'm not a pathfinder expert, but I can tell you that you moved the decimal place too far... your math would come out to 17,250.

SangoProduction
2017-11-21, 08:55 AM
I'm not a pathfinder expert, but I can tell you that you moved the decimal place too far... your math would come out to 17,250.

oops. Yeah. That makes a lot more sense.

I guess the enhancement would be 15,250, because it also includes the +1.

noob
2017-11-21, 09:01 AM
You are assuming this enchant have a flat cost.
It might not be a flat cost but a +2 enchant which got a 1000 gp refund or a +1 enchant with an extra 9000 gp cost.
Ask your gm before assuming a cost.
But if it was a flat cost I would basically never want to not have that enchant on high level spears.

SangoProduction
2017-11-21, 09:07 AM
You are assuming this enchant have a flat cost.
It might not be a flat cost but a +2 enchant which got a 1000 gp refund or a +1 enchant with an extra 9000 gp cost.
Ask your gm before assuming a cost.
But if it was a flat cost I would basically never want to not have that enchant on high level spears.

That makes sense.

Zanos
2017-11-21, 09:34 AM
You can estimate a price but you'd have to ask your DM. As far as I know there's no precedent for "piecing out" specific magic items in this way.

SangoProduction
2017-11-21, 09:57 AM
You can estimate a price but you'd have to ask your DM. As far as I know there's no precedent for "piecing out" specific magic items in this way.

Oh. I thought people do it all the time here. And yeah. I'm clearly going to ask the DM.

Bronk
2017-11-21, 12:36 PM
Oh. I thought people do it all the time here. And yeah. I'm clearly going to ask the DM.

This may not help, but Splitting is also a 3.5 weapon property from Champions of Ruin, and it's priced as a +3 bonus. Unfortunately, that one could only be applied to missile weapons or their ammunition.