PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Artificer Crafting am I reading this right?

Citadel97501
2017-11-21, 06:06 AM
Hello all,

I want to make sure I am reading this correctly, the Artificer class gets a +2 level adjustment to his artificer level for the purpose of crafting. This can be used to let a 1st level Artificer make scrolls for level 2 spells? But the caster level is only your real caster level or 1 in this case?

-So you can make Bull's Strength scrolls that last for an hour for only 25 gp and 2 experience, at level 1, before any feats such as Extraordinary Artisan?

noob
2017-11-21, 06:19 AM
Bull strength have a duration of 1 min./level.
So your scroll would inflict a buff that lasts one minute.
And it would have a market value cost of 2(spell level)*1(caster level)*25 so 50gp(unless you know a class that can cast bull strength as a level 1 spell) so you would need at most 25 gp to craft it(due to feats reducing the cost it can be a lot less).

Citadel97501
2017-11-21, 06:21 AM
Bull strength have a duration of 1 min./level.
So your scroll would inflict a buff that lasts one minute.
And it would have a market value cost of 2(spell level)*1(caster level)*25 so 50gp(unless you know a class that can cast bull strength as a level 1 spell) so you would need at most 25 gp to craft it(due to feats reducing the cost it can be a lot less).

Thank you I misread that duration.

noob
2017-11-21, 06:23 AM
It is still cool to get one or two bull strength at level 1 for helping the party big fighter at major fights.(+2 to hit and +3 to damage goes a long way)
Then the higher level you get the more the artificer scrolls becomes game ending.
If your gm lets you a lot of crafting time and is lenient on pumping spells from advantaged lists an artificer is more or less a wizard that gets spells earlier(you can get ninth level spells in scrolls at level 7).

Shalist
2017-11-21, 01:22 PM
Obligatory link:

Consolidated List of "Bargain Bin" Spells for Artificers (http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=12661)