Stats:
Str:21(16)(belt of giant str)
Dex:9
Con:16
Int:11
Wis:12
Cha:16
i picked up GWM at 4th level so which feat should i take:
(party of 5:Sorcerer,Monk,Bard and Melee ranger+me)
I can't decide between +2 CHA (so better Aura and skills) Inspiring Leader(it might not be strong enough becouse we're getting high level) and Sentinel
Which feat should i take feel free to suggest anything else
Thanks in advance
-Joko

DarkKnightJin
2017-11-21, 09:41 AM
I'd go with the +Cha myself, but consider the Inspiring Leader if you find your party needs the extra buffer. It would add 11 tHP to each of you per Short Rest, so that's alright. It'll also scale as you keep leveling, obviously.

The bump to your Aura might be more useful if you find a lot of saves need to be made.

It's going to be kinda tough to make a decision without knowing what kind of adventure you've had getting to 8th.

Galadhrim
2017-11-21, 10:25 AM
Does your character want to be an inspiring leader? If so, your party will love you for the extra hp, and it can make a big difference, especially bc it is pre combat so no action costs. If it doesn't fit your character, +cha is always great for a paladin.

It might fun to rp the vengeance edge Lord as trying to grow as a person and doing that through inspiring leader.

carrdrivesyou
2017-11-21, 10:31 AM
I'd take Sentinel if you use a reach weapon. Pole Arm Master is also a smart choice. I think your stats are good for this level, so you should be fine with your CHA for now.

Joko1122
2017-11-21, 10:44 AM
Does your character want to be an inspiring leader? If so, your party will love you for the extra hp, and it can make a big difference, especially bc it is pre combat so no action costs. If it doesn't fit your character, +cha is always great for a paladin.

It might fun to rp the vengeance edge Lord as trying to grow as a person and doing that through inspiring leader.
Well i also considered Lucky but that doesn't fit the char
Sentinel fits becouse that way he can try to stand between the enemy and his party members
Inspiring leader is also a nice fit 'coz he's kinda the leader of the party last session he gave a speech to a wizard group to get their help
i thought +2 Cha might still be the best but it feels bland

I'd take Sentinel if you use a reach weapon. Pole Arm Master is also a smart choice. I think your stats are good for this level, so you should be fine with your CHA for now.

He's using a +1 Greatsword and it's hard to get a magical pole arm

carrdrivesyou
2017-11-21, 11:23 AM
Sentinel fits becouse that way he can try to stand between the enemy and his party members
Inspiring leader is also a nice fit 'coz he's kinda the leader of the party last session he gave a speech to a wizard group to get their help
i thought +2 Cha might still be the best but it feels bland

I must have missed that detail. Sentinel is good by itself with any weapon. But the larger your reach, the better you are.

Other options would be Mage Slayer or Charger.

djreynolds
2017-11-21, 11:38 AM

If you are using GWM, lucky could be a big benefit

Mage slayer is also sweet

But +2 charisma helps with hold person and other spell DCs and "everyone's" saves

But if that ranger is getting beat up, possibly just due to a lower AC, sentinel becomes very valuable.

In the thick of battle, having an extra attack to smite or land GWM because of sentinel is nice and powerful. Rerolling bad rolls with lucky is a benefit.

But turning an enemy's critical hit into a miss.... is invaluable

XmonkTad
2017-11-21, 01:55 PM
Personally, the +2 cha is almost certainly what you want. It just improves all of the things you are already doing and has an element of survivability as well. It just boosts offence and defence, so why not?

If you're the party's only tank, toughness or resilient:con are also really good for you. I just think getting primary stats to 20 is really important once you have everything that's "build enabling" and your build seems pretty online already!

Specter
2017-11-21, 02:05 PM
Can't go wrong with +2CHA. +1 to saves, +1 to social skills, +1 to spell saves... nothing bad about it.

Joko1122
2017-11-22, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions
I will go with Inspiring leader that will fit the character best backstory wise.

Cespenar
2017-11-22, 09:40 AM
I was going to suggest Lucky or Resilient but it's always refreshing to see people making choices for roleplaying reasons.