PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Book of Beyond: Psionic Paths. Reality mechanic?

EisenKreutzer
2017-11-21, 07:23 PM
I just purchased this book, and I am really intrigued by some of the powers it introduces. There are some cool mechanics here, especially powers that target spell effects.

However, I see some powers referencing a mechanic called Reality, listing percentages, but this system is never explained as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have any experience with this book? What do these Reality percentages mean, and how do they work?

Sayt
2017-11-21, 11:35 PM
Are they in reference to powers which create illusions? Some illusions have a "xx% real", which is the 'realness that is still applied on a save against the illusion.

For example would be an illusory rock that is 20% real. If you get hit by the rock and pass your will to disbelieve, you'd still take 20% of the rocks damage.

EisenKreutzer
2017-11-21, 11:40 PM
Are they in reference to powers which create illusions? Some illusions have a "xx% real", which is the 'realness that is still applied on a save against the illusion.

For example would be an illusory rock that is 20% real. If you get hit by the rock and pass your will to disbelieve, you'd still take 20% of the rocks damage.

Yeah, I managed to figure it out on my own by referencing another of their books. I passed it on as a suggestion, and a fouple of the devs told me they would include it in an errata pass they plan on doing to the material.

I gotta say, apart from that little snafu their books are excellent!