PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 full ioun stone list?

skunk3
2017-11-22, 01:43 AM
Is there any resource out there that lists all of the 'official' ioun stones available in 3.5? I've seen the usual (short) list of stones available but surely there must be more. I've seen some interesting ones in Libris Mortis mentioned but there was no price mentioned. My plan is to eventually have an asteroid field surrounding my head. :D

Just joking. Kinda.

I've seen web pages that list different ioun stones from different versions of D&D as well as other stuff that isn't clearly labeled and most of them have no prices listed at all.

Darrin
2017-11-22, 07:10 AM
From an older post:

Try here (http://www.d20source.com/2008/09/ioun-stone-complete-guide). All editions and third-party sources, so it's a little hard to parse which ones are in offical 3.x materials.

Also, one he may have missed:

Ioun Stone of Resistance, "burnt orange", +1 to +5 resistance bonus on saves. Arms & Equipment Guide p. 134.

skunk3
2017-11-22, 12:55 PM
I've seen that list before but unfortunately it's an unsorted mess, doesn't include prices or indicate sometimes which are actually compatible with 3.5. I guess I could just look into having custom ones made.

Inevitability
2017-11-22, 02:50 PM
Well technically a single stone will already give the space around your head a far greater density than any asteroid field, so one would suffice. :smalltongue:

Mith
2017-11-22, 03:02 PM
Is this a pretty good list for your purposes?
(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-stones/)
I've always wondered if there would be merit to an item called Ioun's Crown which is essentially the largest set of Ioun Stones an individual can have at any one time. I remember reading somewhere that you cannot have two stones of the same colour in orbit around your head, but it could have been no duplicates.

Eladrinblade
2017-11-22, 04:31 PM
Uh, it's called a "constellation" of ioun stones, not an asteroid field. Get with it. :smalltongue: