PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons: The Drinking Game?

atemu1234
2017-11-22, 01:56 AM
So a friend of mine was DMing the last mission I played and we both started doing shots of whiskey every time the mission went off the rails; this led to a fascinating series of events and a DM who wound up passing out on a futon in the host's basement.

So I was wondering, has anyone codified a sort of drinking game for D&D? Maybe one that's 3.5/PF specific?

Triskavanski
2017-11-22, 06:34 AM
Well there was this (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/screechdragon/loaded-dice) but they kinda stopped doing things because they got other responsibilities.

heavyfuel
2017-11-22, 07:44 AM
Drink every time a PC does/says something stupid/counterproductive

Works better with lighter drinks like beer or wine. Do not blame me for alcohol induced poisoning if you try that with whiskey shots

ArendK
2017-11-22, 07:52 AM
Before I moved back to the Mitten State, we had a game in Kansas (all but one of us were military active duty) and the general rule was if you wanted to join the drinking aspect you could. If you rolled a natural 1, take a shot. No one was forced to, but we had 2 designated drinker rules (Drivers only a small half shot only within the first few hours of gaming followed by a nap and a cup of coffee before they went home) and certain players who didn't drink had an option where 2 of their 1's counted for someone else in the group. Silliness ensued, and when it crossed the point where it was a problem usually we'd just close the game and do light PvP sims, enjoy the summer air and chat about whatever came to mind, or call it a night when everyone recovered.

Go with what works for your games. Some people played smarter with a little alcohol in their system.

molten_dragon
2017-11-22, 07:54 AM
I could kill everyone at my table with alcohol poisoning if we all had to take a drink any time we made an off-topic comment.

Telonius
2017-11-22, 10:31 AM
Our group has a "drink when anyone mentions squirrels" rule. It's used surprisingly often.

Zanos
2017-11-22, 10:46 AM
I just take a drink whenever the DM accuses me of spying for the FBI.

(Yes, this happens often.)

Mr Adventurer
2017-11-22, 10:59 AM
I ran a game for a stag do that didn't track hit points. Instead, players could drink "health potion" (long island iced tea with Chambord, making it red) whenever their character got injured; the groom could drink "healing potion" (long island iced tea with blue curacao, cut with lemonade). Good, lethal times.

Pex
2017-11-22, 01:41 PM
I just take a drink whenever the DM accuses me of spying for the FBI.

(Yes, this happens often.)

I note you aren't denying it.

Lord Raziere
2017-11-22, 03:17 PM
A few suggestions:

Take a shot every time someone sets a tavern on fire
Take a shot every time someone mentions Monty Python
Take a shot every time someone mentions Discworld
If you start the game in a tavern, take two shots.
Take a shot every time someone replaces a rogue with a rolling log
Take a shot every time a wizard solves the encounter themselves
Take a shot every time the foe is a stock fantasy monster
Take a shot every time players express hatred for elves or kender
Take a shot every time the players try to be clever using a gnome, kobold or halfling
Take a shot every time a situation devolves into lowbrow slapstick comedy.
Take a shot every time a PC is afraid of water.
Take a shot every time someone rules lawyers
Take a shot every time pun-pun is mentioned
Take a shot every time an alignment debate happens
Take a shot every time someone screws up roleplaying a paladin
Take a shot every time someone puts down "Chaotic Neutral" as their alignment.

AlanBruce
2017-11-22, 04:28 PM
Drink every time a PC does/says something stupid/counterproductive

Works better with lighter drinks like beer or wine. Do not blame me for alcohol induced poisoning if you try that with whiskey shots

This would be extremely dangerous with my current gaming group. Thankfully we play PbP, otherwise, my liquor tab would be through the roof.

Telok
2017-11-23, 04:52 AM
Been there, drank that.

Take a shot every time you (player) crit fail a save.
Take a shot every time you (DM) down a player.
Take a shot every time you (DM) screw up the initiative order.
Take a shot every time you (player) fail to respond to your character's name.
Take a shot every time you (player) call another character by the player's name.

I've forgotten the rest over the years.