PDA

View Full Version : Best Regional Feat for an Artificer?

Citadel97501
2017-11-22, 03:02 AM
Hello all, as the name suggests I was wondering what your opinions are on the best Regional feat to take as an Artificer. I mainly expect the game this is relevant for, to be in Faerun. However I am always willing to listen to suggestions. Yes, I have read through the Artificer guide.

So far the big one seems to be, Mercantile Background. I did look at Mind Over Body, but as your not an Arcane spell caster you lose out on the insight to armor class bonus so this seems kind of meh, unless your making a Blastificer.

weckar
2017-11-22, 05:55 AM
Mercantile Background can be GREAT if you have enough time to make the most use of it. If you start off at high enough level you can probably justify having gotten ALL your items through it :P

thethird
2017-11-22, 06:12 AM
Mercantile Background is one of the strongest regional feats already, and it goes very well with artificer. So +1 to Mercantile Background.

Citadel97501
2017-11-22, 07:07 AM
Thank you both, now if there was some way to get it and Hardened Criminal (Stormreach 95), frankly Forrestfire was dead on with that feat being nearly required for an Artificer.

Kaiwen
2017-11-22, 07:55 AM
IIRC, you can qualify for regional feats using Knowledge(Local). I'm AFB right now, so I can't give any details.

Rijan_Sai
2017-11-22, 12:07 PM
IIRC, you can qualify for regional feats using Knowledge(Local). I'm AFB right now, so I can't give any details.

2 ranks.
Although, I seem to recall there being some restriction on regional feats that either:
A: Can only be selected at 1st level;
B: Can only have one regional feat; or
C: A&B

^I know it's in one (or more) of the Forgotten Realms books, and I have no idea if that carries over to Eberron...

DarkSoul
2017-11-22, 06:48 PM
2 ranks.
Although, I seem to recall there being some restriction on regional feats that either:
A: Can only be selected at 1st level;
B: Can only have one regional feat; or
C: A&B

^I know it's in one (or more) of the Forgotten Realms books, and I have no idea if that carries over to Eberron...It's C, and having 2 ranks in knowledge local doesn't qualify you anymore. It did in 3.0 but they changed it for 3.5 in the Players Guide to Faerun.

death390
2017-11-22, 10:06 PM
as a other option for regional feat i would suggest magical training. it lets you cast as a wizard or sorcerer.

https://dndtools.net/feats/players-guide-to-faerun--22/magical-training--1834/

there is some debate about this feat though, i am in the camp that it lets you cast spells as a wiz/sorc that means you have thier spell list IE no need to make a UMD check to use wands and such that are on wiz/sorc list, among other things.