PDA

View Full Version : Lowman - PEACH - a new Prestige Class while honoring the AD&D 2e Priest Kit

Jon_Dahl
2017-11-22, 04:51 AM
Here is the link to the original Kit (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QuIhqT_KTXWNKhgH6EhU1Nvgg7qAb7ub/view?usp=sharing), way back from 2002 or so.

One of my players loved the flavor of the Lowman and he still fondly reminisces about it. However, I don't think that the crunch was ever THAT important to him. Here's my attempt to create a PrC out of the Kit.

Please note that I am aware that the Vow of Poverty exists.

Lowman Prestige Class

Hit Die d8.
Requirements
To qualify to become a lowman, a character must fulfil all the following criteria.

Skills

Hide 4 ranks, Sleight of Hand 2 ranks.

Feats
Deft Hands, Great Fortitude.

Code of Conduct
Your lifestyle must be self-sufficient. Please see Upkeep from DMG page 130.
You must appear to be a beggar at all times.
You may bathe once per year.

Special
Able to cast 3rd-level divine spells.

Class Skills
The lowman’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Level
4 + Int modifier.

https://i.imgur.com/oTrVLcw.png

1st-level special abilities:

Meaninglessness (Ex)
When you use Diplomacy skill, all DCs to achieve hostile, unfriendly or indifferent attitudes are lowered by five. Conversely, all DCs to achieve friendly, helpful or fanatic attitudes are increased by five.

Begging Rights
You have the legal right to beg in any area where your religion is not banned. This means that your high priest(ess) has successfully petitioned for the right for their priests to beg in order to live the spiritual lifestyle of lowmen. You may have an official document to prove this. You gain a circumstance bonus of +8 to hide this document on your body. Confiscating this document is illegal.

2nd-level special abilities:

Immunity to Detect Magic (Su)
The magic items on your body do not appear magical when inspected via Detect Magic or similar magic. This effect ceases while the magic items are not on your body.

3rd-level special abilities:

Beggar Health (Ex)
At 3rd level, a paladin gains immunity to all natural diseases. This does not include supernatural and magical diseases.

4th-level special abilities:

Improvised Holy Symbol (Su)
You can create a viable holy symbol from any material that you can work with your bare hands in 10 minutes.

5th-level special abilities:

Glamering (Su)
The armor that you wear is glamered to appear beggar clothing. This effect ceases while you are not wearing the armor.

Ex-lowmen
If you break more than one of these rules dictated in Code of Conduct within a year you lose all lowman special abilities for one year and a day. If you break one of these rules repeatedly within a year you lose all lowman special abilities for one year and a day. All penalties are cumulative. Before you regain your lowman special abilities, you must confess to the local high priest of your faith. The high priest must then either permanently banish you from the area or revoke your begging rights for one year.