PDA

View Full Version : Minor Error in #259

PhoenixRising
2007-08-19, 08:09 AM
Just a spelling comment, apparently the monster in the darkness is a mountain, since the hobgoblin got "a peak under..." instead of the usual peek under.

Spiryt
2007-08-19, 08:23 AM
With all respect :

I wouldn't notice it ever, even if was better in english :smallbiggrin:

And even if I would notice, I wouldn't care for a second.

But mountain theory is indeed interesting. It would explain his stompi'n power

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-19, 09:07 AM
Just a spelling comment, apparently the monster in the darkness is a mountain, since the hobgoblin got "a peak under..." instead of the usual peek under.

A mountain? You mean an uber-powered earth elemental with several shrinks on?

Seriously, I failed my Spot check for that error when I first read it a long time ago.

Squark
2007-08-19, 09:11 AM
Probably just a typo. But still, it bears investigation.

Wolfman42666
2007-08-19, 10:32 AM
Your puns hurt my brain.

(even if they were unintential:smalltongue:)

RAGE KING!
2007-08-19, 10:36 AM
thats just bad....

Sigbru
2007-08-19, 10:42 AM
Well in 482 Axe says " Don't mean a anything" isn't that an error too ?

Omicroncubed
2007-08-19, 12:02 PM

Don't know about that, but Durkon sais ''in a hurry ta ta get...'' in strip 237 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0237.html)

Magioth
2007-08-19, 12:10 PM
i think mr pixie pointed out a flaw in the first comic with haleys arm :smallwink:

another error.

i once found an error in the dictionary, now thats bad.

PhoenixRising
2007-08-19, 12:44 PM
I don't think that the MITD is a mountain. I think he's the whole planet except the crust. (He's the mantle, etc.) So, when he does the stomp thingy, he's really just waving his arms around (if he had arms), and the pink umbrella is just a disguise that the mantle uses to hide the presence of its surface spy. Although, that doesn't explain the youthfulness...

Maybe it's a miniature planet inside there, using Newton's Universal Law of Gravitation to smack the Earth...

Doesn't explain the loofah. (Can anything?)

Maybe it's just an average five year old, and it misspelled the word peak in the off-camera strip where he/she showed the goblin what it was. (Yeah, sure Mr. Hobgoblin, you can have a peak under the umbrella. But only if yule [that was deliberate] make me some popcorn. I like popcorn....)

That would explain quite a lot. Including the tea party, although its watching the dwarves would then be more than slightly disturbing.

Cen
2007-08-19, 01:15 PM

nah, sailors speak like that ;-)

Tirian
2007-08-19, 01:30 PM

He was going to say that it doesn't mean a rat's ass, and then realized that he was speaking to his leige.