PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 20 lvl inquisitor equipment

littleskrofa
2017-11-22, 02:02 PM
So we are planning with some friends to start some 1shot sessions killing high CR bosses. I thought of running an inquisitor for the first boss.I should mention that the boss is unknown till the start of the fight. We are all experienced players and we would fight 6 players against the boss. I would like to run a full nuke inquisitor with a 2 handed weapon,although any suggestions are welcome of course.The first boss.I will be from 21 to 25 CR between there.

We will have 25 point buy ,1million gold ,core races only ,20 level each character. It's the first time I will play inquisitor,so I wanted to test him in battle.

The main question is what equipment I should grab to be optimised,from head to toe XD .Any suggestion in feats and and other stuff will be welcomed!! We have till now in the party ,a paladin and tank fighter.

Thxs in response

noob
2017-11-22, 02:07 PM
Can you get the standard immunities on your equipment or from allies(mind blank and protection from evil and so on)?
I mean it is not funny if the boss get dominated due to an unlucky roll.(or if the party scry it and then know how to murder him)
Or even if the boss get caught in a solid fog and then murdered slowly by aoe attacks.

Geddy2112
2017-11-22, 02:26 PM
So your big items are :headband, belt, ring pro, amulet nat armor, cloak resistance, weapon/armor/shield. The game assumes you have enhancement/deflection/natural armor from these sources to keep pace. As an inquistor on the frontlines, you don't need charisma or intelligence, but you probably need all three phsyical stats if you can swing the belt. A headband of wis+6 is fine.

Ring protection +5-50k
Amulet natural armor +5-50k
Weapon +5-50k
Armor +5-25k
Headband of wis+6-36k
Belt of 2 physical stats+6-90k or Belt of 3 physical stats-144k
Cloak of resistance +5-25k

Which is 426k to 480K depending on which belt you get. That is your big default. You probably want a few manuals of +5 insight bonus to stat, and those run 137500 a pop. That puts you up in the 750k range which you can round out with novelty enchantments for weapon/armor, random items, expensive spell components, cheaper but useful magical items(inquistors vambraces come to mind). Or go ham and get a vorpal weapon....

Second getting immunities-if you can't get them through allies or magic, you need to buy items or get permanancy for things. Well worth it.

littleskrofa
2017-11-22, 02:28 PM
Can you get the standard immunities on your equipment or from allies(mind blank and protection from evil and so on)?
I mean it is not funny if the boss get dominated due to an unlucky roll.(or if the party scry it and then know how to murder him)
Or even if the boss get caught in a solid fog and then murdered slowly by aoe attacks.
As the dm said everything is open only the 3rd publishing party are banned.I bet we will hAve both mindblank and pfe on everyone on party.The boss will have the standard pathfinder table from the bestiary so murdering it is anot option XD

noob
2017-11-22, 02:53 PM
Do you have freedom of movement and death ward too?

littleskrofa
2017-11-22, 02:59 PM

So your big items are :headband, belt, ring pro, amulet nat armor, cloak resistance, weapon/armor/shield. The game assumes you have enhancement/deflection/natural armor from these sources to keep pace. As an inquistor on the frontlines, you don't need charisma or intelligence, but you probably need all three phsyical stats if you can swing the belt. A headband of wis+6 is fine.

Ring protection +5-50k
Amulet natural armor +5-50k
Weapon +5-50k
Armor +5-25k
Headband of wis+6-36k
Belt of 2 physical stats+6-90k or Belt of 3 physical stats-144k
Cloak of resistance +5-25k

Which is 426k to 480K depending on which belt you get. That is your big default. You probably want a few manuals of +5 insight bonus to stat, and those run 137500 a pop. That puts you up in the 750k range which you can round out with novelty enchantments for weapon/armor, random items, expensive spell components, cheaper but useful magical items(inquistors vambraces come to mind). Or go ham and get a vorpal weapon....

Second getting immunities-if you can't get them through allies or magic, you need to buy items or get permanancy for things. Well worth it.

A big help thx.About the immunities I hope some of them we will get them from allies spells and auras!!

littleskrofa
2017-11-22, 03:05 PM
Do you have freedom of movement and death ward too?

The truth is that I praying for a cleric in the party for the buffs.If am gonna spend some money on the save or die effects Probably it would be on scrolls or permanent enchant on equipment!

noob
2017-11-22, 03:09 PM
Clerics are the coolest gods.
I wonder if someone could become a cleric of a cleric?

littleskrofa
2017-11-22, 03:23 PM
Clerics are the coolest gods.
I wonder if someone could become a cleric of a cleric?
With cleric archetype and cleric domain 😂😂

Castilonium
2017-11-22, 04:57 PM
Grab a Darkskull (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/darkskull/) and put Freedom of Movement on its Unhallow effect. Voila, now your entire party has Freedom of Movement and Protection from Good in a 40 foot radius. If your GM is sending random bosses at you, it's possible some of them might be good rather than evil!

Geddy2112
2017-11-22, 06:28 PM
The truth is that I praying for a cleric in the party for the buffs.If am gonna spend some money on the save or die effects Probably it would be on scrolls or permanent enchant on equipment!

An inquisitor can cast both death ward and freedom of movement, meaning you can do all the buffing yourself. A shirt of unfettered movement is 40k and gives constant freedom of movement. A ring of freedom of movement gives you FOM on command once a day for 10k. Either spring for the shirt and never cast/know the spell, or just cast it yourself. Enchantment foil is another really strong 4th level spell that you should have up as a defensive buff. Consider knowing some swift action litnaies as they don't allow saves, and are strong debuffs.

Consider scrolls for niche spells on your spell list. Since you are starting level 20, consider maxing spellcraft so you can make your own gear, effectively doubling your wealth by level. Craft wonderous item is good, while armor and weapons are meh.

Since you are going beatstick inquisitor, focus on only buff spells or things that don't allow saves(dimensional anchor is the big one you NEED against high level baddies) you can go with a lower wisdom. Assuming human or half orc, I would go 18/12/16/12/14/7 on stats, the +2 in strength. AC is a losing man's game at that high of level, and yours will be strong from armor anyways, so not high dex is okay. If you go with mithral breastplate the belt of perfection is good, otherwise consider burning a feat for heavy armor prof(or dip fighter) and just get full plate. Burn all 5 stat increases in strength, +6 strength from belt and +5 from tome giving you a 34. You only need the +4 tome for con, and maybe a cheaper one for dex(to whatever your max dex on your armor is). Your wis will be 20 from headband +6, but you could go as low as a +2 as you only need a 16 wis to cast all of your spells. If you don't go the heavy armor route, you could get a +6 everything belt and a +2 to dex manual to get maximum dex bonus from a mithral breastplate. Reflex is a weak save and dex helps with initiative- your touch is probably going to be too low to matter, but it helps some. With mithral full plate max dex you beat out mithral breastplate and max dex for that by 1, so probably not worth the heavy armor feat and not the dip.

For skills, maxing spellcraft is both useful to identify spells from monsters and craft your stuff. In combat and overall, perception should be maxed. Sense motive protects against monsters that feint. most monsters are immune to fear at this level so don't bother with intimidate. You get monster lore as an inquisitor so max every knowledge you can, even the obscure ones so you can ID monster strengths and weaknesses.

If you have nothing else for the body slot, you can spring for the fancy otherworldly kimono. It won't stack with a cloak of resistance and is only +4 instead of +5, but frees the shoulders and gives a once a day maze spell which is pretty awesome. Deathwatch eyes can be really handy to tell how weak a monster is and auto ID constructs/undead. Cracked dusty rose prism is a steal ioun stone, +1 initiative for 500gp, while the normal dusty rose is 5k for +1 insight to AC,both very good. Inquisitors bastion vambraces are fantastic if you are using the protection judgement, but moreso for casting inquisitors and not for you.