PDA

View Full Version : Print-outs of Spell Effects

mer.c
2017-11-23, 12:33 AM
A few months back, I thought I found some spell effect images that you could print onto transparency paper and overlay on a grid. But looking back, I can’t find them. Does anyone know if something like this exists? Did I just imagine it? If not, do you know of any good alternatives? I know there are some available for purchase but they seemed quite pricey for what you get.

Crgaston
2017-11-23, 05:57 AM
I don’t know about printing, but we just cut transparencies to the appropriate size.

RedMage125
2017-11-23, 06:18 PM
I use a Battle Mat (1 inch grids), so in 3.5e I had bought some wire-frame spell templates while I was at GenCon. There was 10', 20' and 40' spheres (the 40' one was in 4 pieces that one would assemble), and 15' and 30' cones (in diagonal and "fired straight" variations). They weren't as useful in 4e (in which all AoEs were squares), but I use them for 5e again.

The wire template was great, because I could set it over the minis on the map (larger minis who were only partially inside it occasionally was a hassle, albeit a minor one).

If I wasn't on an aircraft carrier, I'd grab them and give you the name, but if you search for "wire frame spell templates" or something of the like, you should find a reasonable facsimile.