PDA

View Full Version : Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Dalebert
2017-11-23, 01:44 AM
I'm going to do this just for kicks soon in a ToA game. I have a ghostwise halfling monk of the long death 6 with a 2 level dip in moon druid. I'm going full-on Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

An almiraj has a dex of 16 and I have an insignia of claws which means I can do 1d6+4 magical bludgeoning with my unarmed strikes. With Bracers of Defense and (maybe?) Ring of Protection and 20 wisdom, my AC will be 20 or 21. I'll make sure I've dropped an enemy first which means I'll have 11 temporary hp for a total of 14. Maybe I can even take one hit; more if I drop more enemies and refresh temps. I'll use stunning strikes gratuitously to increase survival power. With a wisdom focus, my DC is good. My speed will be 65!

One more level of monk will be ideal. Then I'll have evasion and even the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch will have a hard time stopping me!

Oh, and I completely forgot my 6th level feature to inspire fear in a 30 ft radius.

"Run awaaaaaay!"

https://i.imgur.com/Fl5p7JW.jpg

Maxilian
2017-11-23, 02:56 AM
Works great, would recommend to get Mobile so you can go with a Hit and Run tactic without putting much strain in your ki points. (even giving you more uses of your flurry of blows)

Note: I have the same character but such a different theme (Half-drow that uses the Female Steeder as its main option)

Dalebert
2017-11-23, 08:28 AM
Works great, would recommend to get Mobile so you can go with a Hit and Run tactic without putting much strain in your ki points. (even giving you more uses of your flurry of blows)

Oh, this is just a goof I'm going to do for the poops and giggles, prolly just one time, maybe again if there are new people who haven't seen it yet. I'm not going to build for it! It's just a hilarious coincidence that I currently am built for it so I'm running with it. That said, decent chance I will take mobile at some point but prolly not until my dex is 18 and my wisdom is 24. This character is already pretty dang tough just from the wildshape combined with temp hp combined with great AC even in beast forms.

DarkKnightJin
2017-11-23, 09:15 AM
No, you SHOULD build for it. If only to make your DM facepalm with a smirk on their face because it's distilled hilarity with a heaping helping of awesomesauce.

Dalebert
2017-11-23, 11:25 AM
With the right DM, I'm pretty sure I can get a nearly constant font of inspiration and be using all kinds of advantage.

"Wizard casts Melf's Acid Arrow at you."

*rolls d10 and adds 3 + monk level*
"I lean on my front paws and deflect the arrow away with a back foot."

I doubt I can get away with throwing the arrow back in rabbit form.

EDIT: OMG. It just occurred to me this is going to get even more ridiculous at lvl 10 monk when I get the ability to spend a ki point to drop to 1 hp when I would have dropped to 0.

Sariel Vailo
2017-11-23, 11:33 AM
Ah if only my balde singer was their i get some cocunuts together

Ventruenox
2017-11-23, 09:37 PM
Someone in that party needs Ritual Caster to abuse Magic Mouth. So many opportunities for quotes under 25 words. With the 5 minute playback time, could you record 5 minutes of clapping of coconuts instead of speaking?

Every time you Wild Shape, you can have Tim saying that you have "Fangs like.... And can jump like..."

Set conditions that anytime an Intimidation check is done on a peasant or murderhoboing occurs to shout "Help, Help! I'm being repressed! Come see the violence inherent in the system."

Dalebert
2017-11-25, 11:57 PM
On further thought, I've decided to take Mobile next opportunity which will be at 10 (currently 8). Due to a surprise event in the game, I got +2 wis, +2 max, and I haven't even assigned a Tome of Understanding yet! That puts me at 20 wisdom sooner than expected. At 11, I'll assign the tome and get 22 wisdom (max 24).

Mobile seems appropriate for the killer bunny monster.