PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 3.P - Converting Some Fav Spells to PF, How to?

unseenmage
2017-11-23, 02:39 AM
There are a couple of spells from 3.x that I do not think have analogues in PF that I miss having access to.
Additionally, I like the idea of there being a non-permanent 'Lesser' version of each spell along the lines of the Lesser Simulacrum spell.

I know PF's custom spell (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/magic/designingSpells.html) rules are advice is more robust but I havnt the foggiest how to use them. Though I can certainly use help parsong the custom spell system and doing the math, I am definitely also looking for advice in respecting the spirit of the rules changes between 3.x and PF.

The spells I'm looking at but have no clue how to adapt/Lesser-ize are,
Smoky Confinement (CMa)
Energy Transformation Field(SC)

More straightforward are the minionmancy spells I enjoyed. It's the xp costs on those that have me stymied.
Awaken Sand (Sa)
Create Crawling Claw (MoF:MC)
Minor Servitor (SS)
(and yes, this technically became Awaken Construct but I like Minor Servitor existing :smalltongue:)

Thank you to anyone willing to assist.

noob
2017-11-23, 02:44 AM
Xp costs are generally replaced by a 5 times higher gold cost.
Also I believe awaken construct(pf) is here for replacing awaken construct(3.5)
Also do you mean Energy Transformation Field instead?
Energy transformation field is overpowering and allows to spam spells at will with just paladins and a lesser version would allow to break the game earlier.

unseenmage
2017-11-23, 02:48 AM
Xp costs are generally replaced by a 5 times higher gold cost.
Also I believe awaken construct(pf) is here for replacing awaken construct(3.5)
Also do you mean Energy Transformation Field instead?
Yes, autocorrect ate my field... :smallfrown:

And I am aware that Awaken Construct is already converted. I wish to convert Minor Servitor.
My apologies this isnt made more clear.

noob
2017-11-23, 02:50 AM
Minor servitor could be just:
animate object level X(whatever is appropriate) duration permanent and the animated object is automatically awakened as through awaken construct and it can make only one animated object per casting.
Have a gp cost too.
The fact it affected a volume is remains of 3.0 I believe.
A lesser smokey confinement could have a duration in hours so that you can not play pokemon with all the monsters you caught live ever(unless you get the regular version).
A lesser energy transformation field could have the restriction of casting only spells with inexpensive material components and of being easier to break(can be broken by dissipation) and of being limited for the level of the spells it casts(example:casts only spells under level 3).

unseenmage
2017-11-23, 11:49 AM
Energy Transformation Field is already restricted to no expensive component spells IIRC.

A lesser version could just be restricted to containing spells of a lower level than itself.