PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Worship (Pelor)

Alezaire
2017-11-23, 05:49 AM
I will be playing a Paladin/Sorcerer (Divine Soul) in an upcoming campaign and would like to roleplay him as quite devout but can't find a lot of information on Pelor (his God). Can anyone offer any advice on how to play this, any good sources for lore and ways he should behave/worship etc. Ideally I'm looking for quotable holy books, attitudes and beliefs that kind of thing...

opaopajr
2017-11-23, 06:09 AM
If you look up Pelor in Wikipedia you can find quite a bit of info, with links to other pages expounding on notables. A lot of it is derived from the Greyhawk Wikia, so either place is a great place to start. Have fun!

Elminster298
2017-11-23, 07:23 AM
You could also just use a lot of the information about Lathander/Aumanatuar(sp?) from the Forgotten Realms series. Very similar in overall ideology.

DarkKnightJin
2017-11-23, 07:29 AM
You could also just use a lot of the information about Lathander/Aumanatuar(sp?) from the Forgotten Realms series. Very similar in overall ideology.

I got the vibe that Lathander is the FR version of Pelor. Light, sun, all that goodness. Pun very much intended.

SirGraystone
2017-11-23, 11:45 AM
If you can find it Dragon Magazine 346, reads "Core Beliefs: Pelor", its talk about the god, his holy texts, cleric role, holidays, myths, lots of fun information about Pelor.