PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Help with back up build?

Westhart
2017-11-23, 09:56 PM
So, I am in a game and I have had to rework my character somewhat (:smallfrown:). It is gestalt, and one side is claimed (Fencer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?541664-The-Fencer-3-5-base-class-by-request)), but on the other side of the gestalt I was thinking Factotum (3)/monk 1 (using the feat to key off int)/X. Not sure what to go, but I'd prefer not to go caster if possible. Basically she's a skill monkey/dueling melee type, and in combat the commander type, so more natural "hey, take the shot" then "If we create a pincer blah bleh blah here and bert blep lop here then we can do this" type. So, not much of a head for large scale tactics but is perfectly well in combat. We'll be starting at 6th level and we gain a feat every level.

Oh if it matters, I have flaws but am using them for able learner and nymph's kiss.

This is backup in case I don't get The Commander (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?409691-The-Commander-(3-P-class-PEACH)) approved, although feat selections would be great either way :smallbiggrin:. Thanks again!

Mike Miller
2017-11-23, 10:35 PM
Before anything else, what else is the group using and what level of optimization? What sources are available?

Westhart
2017-11-23, 10:43 PM
Before anything else, what else is the group using and what level of optimization?

Everything from paladins to wizards, optimization varied.

What sources are available?
I assumed all first party, however:

"Characters may be of any class from an Wizards published media."

Grod_The_Giant
2017-11-24, 12:07 AM
Faerie Mysteries Initiate seems like an obvious choice here. Swashbuckler 3 seems solid too, for free Weapon Finesse and another iteration of Int to damage... Or jump straight into Warblade, I guess.

Westhart
2017-11-24, 02:00 AM
Faerie Mysteries Initiate seems like an obvious choice here. Swashbuckler 3 seems solid too, for free Weapon Finesse and another iteration of Int to damage... Or jump straight into Warblade, I guess.

Ah yes, should have thought of FMI and swashbuckler :smalltongue:. Why warblade over swordsage?

Grod_The_Giant
2017-11-24, 09:50 AM
Ah yes, should have thought of FMI and swashbuckler :smalltongue:. Why warblade over swordsage?
Int synergy? Though now that I think about it, Warblades really don't get that much use out of it... any ToB class, really.

Westhart
2017-11-24, 09:52 AM
Int synergy? Though now that I think about it, Warblades really don't get that much use out of it... any ToB class, really.

Warblade does get white raven though, now that I think about it....