PDA

View Full Version : Paladin oath interaction

Avigor
2017-11-23, 10:31 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the Ancients and Redemption Oaths would encourage them to work together even more than any random pair Good Paladins would normally, based on what the Oaths instruct them to do? I mean, wouldn't inspiring hope/ "light" and encouraging redemption often go hand in hand? Has anyone seen one of each of these in the same party yet?

Note I'm unsure how different the Xanathar's vs UA Redemption Oaths are so I dunno what difference that might make for a comparison.

Arkhios
2017-11-23, 11:55 PM
TENETS OF REDEMPTION
The tenets of the Oath of Redemption hold a paladin to a high standard of peace and justice.
Peace. Violence is a weapon of last resort. Diplomacy and understanding are the paths to long-lasting peace.
Innocence. All people begin life in an innocent state, and it is their environment or the influence of dark forces that drives them to evil. By setting the proper example, and working to heal the wounds of a deeply flawed world, you can set anyone on a righteous path.
Patience. Change takes time. Those who have walked the path of the wicked must be given reminders to keep them honest and true. Once you have planted the seed of righteousness in a creature, you must work day after day to allow that seed to survive and flourish.
Wisdom. Your heart and mind must stay clear, for eventually you will be forced to admit defeat. While every creature can be redeemed, some are so far along the path of evil that you have no choice but to end their lives for the greater good. Any such action must be carefully weighed and the consequences fully understood, but once you have made the decision, follow through with it knowing your path is just.

Those are the final tenets. I doubt they have changed much.