PDA

View Full Version : Feats or class features that provide pain resistance or immunity

BlackOnyx
2017-11-24, 02:55 AM
I was curious if anyone knew of any RAW feats, traits, or class features that grant normal humanoids resistance or immunity to pain. (Having a hard time finding any on my own.) Something along the line of a masochism perk (feeling pain as pleasure, even if it still hinders you) would work as well.

rel
2017-11-24, 03:03 AM
Mark of the dauntless grants immunity to stun and daze
Strong stomach negates sickened and downgrades nausea to sickened.

Pain is often represented by those conditions

Cruiser1
2017-11-24, 04:23 AM
The spells Empryeal Ecstasy (BoED) and Sublime Revelry (BoED) specifically make targets immune to pain and pain effects.

Something along the line of a masochism perk (feeling pain as pleasure, even if it still hinders you) would work as well.
Nipple Clamp of Exquisite Pain (BoVD) magic item (goes in ring slot) does exactly this.

Necroticplague
2017-11-24, 08:07 AM
Something along the line of a masochism perk (feeling pain as pleasure, even if it still hinders you) would work as well.

BoVD has some rules for this on page 10. Basically, you just get +4 to resist pain effects, and +1 to damage, hit, skills, and saves for a round when hurt for more than your character level. Wierdly enough, though, despite the flat increase in power, there's not any restriction on ability to be one, so there's nothing to stop a player from just saying their character is one for free perks (same with sadism).

ExLibrisMortis
2017-11-24, 08:14 AM
Gheden (half-undead template) are immune to pain, nonlethal damage, stunning, death from massive damage, fear, and confusion.

ShurikVch
2017-11-24, 10:06 AM
Crimson Scourge (CityScape) is explicitly immune to all forms of pain from the 8th level
Fiendbinder (Tome of Magic) - Bind Tormented Soul: "Binding a tormented soul is a swift action that provokes attacks of opportunity and requires a DC 30 Truespeak check. If the check succeeds, you harness its suffering and become inured to pain."

BlackOnyx
2017-11-25, 02:27 AM
Mark of the dauntless grants immunity to stun and daze

Strong stomach negates sickened and downgrades nausea to sickened.

Pain is often represented by those conditions

Interesting workaround, I hadn't even considered that negating the effects vs. the pain itself. Very much liking these.

Nipple Clamp of Exquisite Pain (BoVD) magic item (goes in ring slot) does exactly this.

An exquisite option, indeed.

BoVD has some rules for this on page 10. Basically, you just get +4 to resist pain effects, and +1 to damage, hit, skills, and saves for a round when hurt for more than your character level. Wierdly enough, though, despite the flat increase in power, there's not any restriction on ability to be one, so there's nothing to stop a player from just saying their character is one for free perks (same with sadism).

Wow, this section is perfect, thank you. Freebie traits as good as those are hard to come by. (I suppose the "tradeoff" is making sure you play up the personality during each session; a welcome challenge, I must say.)

Though I won't be playing her anytime soon, both those traits (S&M) would fit well for an urban barbarian PC I've been building as of late. She enjoys making her enemies squirm (sadism) and gets a rush out of taking hits/shrugging them off in battle (masochism).

Gheden (half-undead template) are immune to pain, nonlethal damage, stunning, death from massive damage, fear, and confusion.

That's a cool template. I like the idea of botched resurrection spells bringing back living beings with undead traits.

Crimson Scourge (CityScape) is explicitly immune to all forms of pain from the 8th level
[/I]"

Nice prc suggestion, thanks.