PDA

View Full Version : An odd gish mc build

Spacehamster
2017-11-24, 08:48 AM
So this one is a bit unconventional but should do okay thanks to hexblade helping SAD.
First off start as an half elf with following stats:
8/14/14/14/9/17, skills go with w/e you want that fits the stats. Start with one level sorcerer for that sweet CON save, then 5 hexblade picking up agonizing blast, Devils sight and life drinker. Take elven accuracy as feat to get that CHA at 18.

Now pick two levels war wizard for mini shield/+to a save reaction and bit better initiative. Continue with getting sorcerer to 6 and take GWM as feat, remaining levels as hexblade maxing out CHA and maybe pick up polearm master or anything else that might tickle your fancy.

Edit: PAM might be redundant as at least I would use my sorc/wiz slots for sorcery points for quickening eldritch blast.

What do you think of this build? Would it work? Am I insane?!

DarkKnightJin
2017-11-24, 09:32 AM
This feels to me like a caster that forgets he is a caster and wants to hit things with a big weapon.
At which point I tend to go "Alright, Paladin it is."

Don't get me wrong, I love the Magic Knight character idea as much as the next guy.
I just have this idea that a 'gish' is a Martial and Caster MC to make something that can do both. Just not as well as someone focusing on either smacking a fool or casting spells.