PDA

View Full Version : homebrew Pact: balance?

qube
2017-11-24, 12:00 PM
With the last life force of an epic character (Zerthimon (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Zerthimon), the one who split the Githzerai from Githyanki), my character got reïncarnated after being killed by a mind flayer; so I thought it interesting if I were to start multiclassing into warlock & start to access this spirit. Would the following be balanced?

(considering the Gith background of anti- mind flayer; the abilities are not coïncidently all handy against them (don't worry, we haven't encountered a mind-flayer since then, so it's not as though I'm making a class geared to breaking the campaign) )

1. Psychic Fortress
Immunity to the detect thoughs spell; Advantage on saving throws effects that cause domination or stun and spells cast by with the 'Innate Spellcasting (Psionics)' feature

6. Free the bound
Advantage on attacks against enemies who were grappling at the start of your turn
When you hit an enemy that is grappling with an attack, the target must make a constitution saving throw with disadvantage (the DC equals the damage dealt). if it fails, the grapple is broken.
When you hit an enemy that is restraining someone with a melee ability, he makes the same check; if failed, the restrained effect is changed to grappled.

10. Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon
resistance to psychic damage; when you get psychic damage, the next intelligence, wisdom or charisma saving throw, uses +12 instead of your normal modifier

14. Shatter the shackles
When you hit an opponent, you can opt to do half damage. If you do, until that opponent takes a short rest, any target he grapples or restrains in a non-magical way, can spend it's full movement to automatically escape. Any target grappled or restrained this way when you hit, is released automatically.

Spell list
1. Shield*, Feather Fall*
2. See invisibility*, gust of wind**
3. Blink, Wind wall
4. Phantasmal killer*, freedom of movement
5. Creation, Reincarnate***

*: non-warlock spells the MM Githzerai have access to
**: non-warlock spells elemental monks can; as Zerthimon was a monk
***: considering this was the spell used on me.

Is this balanced?

Ninja_Prawn
2017-11-24, 02:34 PM
I'm not a warlock expert, but this looks mostly fine to me. Psychic Fortress giving advantage on all saves against psionics seems a little strong, but then not that many monsters use psionics... And the capstone looks so situational as to be underpowered, if anything.