PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Captain Falcon Character?

GoblinGuy
2017-11-24, 05:38 PM
I'm making a Captain Falcon character for a sky-pirate campaign. I was thinking monk, but I'm not sure what subclass. Any subclass from any book is fine, and maybe even some homebrew. Race ideas are good too. I'm basing him off of ssb4 Capn', if that helps.

ShadowSandbag
2017-11-24, 06:10 PM
My thoughts are to go either Way of the Open Hand since Quivering Palm is the closest you're going to get to a Falcon Punch and I think it makes the most sense for the Character. You could also go 4 elements and just focus on fire-based spells.

Unoriginal
2017-11-24, 07:35 PM
You could do Sun Monk, no?

maragion
2017-11-24, 10:16 PM
Probably Open Hand. Definitely not Long Death, because any Captain Falcon match involves quick deaths. Race should be human or tiefling for those infernal flaming hands. Background urban bounty hunter from SCAG.

ImproperJustice
2017-11-24, 11:39 PM
Could you go Paladin+Battlemaster+Tavern Brawler and use a combination of Smite+Searing Smite+Pushing attack to send people flying?

Also grab Mobility and Evasive Footwork.
Go for some air Grapples when possible.

Definitely take Intimidate so you can Taunt folks to “Show their Moves”.

Finlam
2017-11-25, 12:07 AM
You definitely need thunderous smite so you can

1) deal extra damage on a punch/ kick
2) send targets flying
3) deafen enemies with roar of your screaming "Falcon PUUUUUUUUNNNNNCCCCCHHHH!"

iTreeby
2017-11-25, 12:09 AM
Make sure you take the folk hero background for cart proficiency. For a class, I could see monk for the punchy or maybe paladine for smites as falcon punches.