PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Question about Dominate, Psionic and Character Optimization.

Nautilust
2017-11-24, 10:56 PM
I am playing a Kalashtar Telepath I will be going into Thrallherd in the next couple of levels. I am starting at 5th level so I know I don't have Dominate, Psionic yet. However when I get it I want to have my character optimized so that Dominate is as hard to save against as possible. How do I go about this?

Nifft
2017-11-26, 12:18 AM
Overchannel

Psionic Endowment + Greater Psionic Endowment (+ Psionic Meditation)

Shape Soulmeld: Charming Veil (from here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a)) + Feats which give you more Essentia

Rebel7284
2017-11-26, 01:00 AM
As you are a Kalashtar, use as many Power Link Shards from Magic of Eberron as you can!

At ECL 10, you can afford to embed 10 shards according to wealth by level. This means, you can spend 29 PP on that Psionic Dominate before any other items/abilities. This adds +11 to the save DC and allows you to add all the augmentation options.

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-11-26, 01:38 AM
Ability Focus (Psionics) is pretty nice, and it works with everything you've got.

Also, the telepathy psionatrix is pretty nice, too.

If you want to obviate power resistance, Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) works well for that.

The charming veil soulmeld (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a) works nicely, too.

Also, use the rules in the MIC for making a metapsionic rod with several rods' worth of effects stacked on (for a +50% surcharge, the rules of which are also in the MIC). Bind the rod to your hands chakra and use it with whatever power you want a nice bonus on. If you can add the rod powers to a few psionic arcanist gloves, that'd be even better, though the gloves' abilities won't work on high level effects.

The [psionic]/ feats have some nice tricks for this, as well.

Grabbing some cost reducers for Twin Power to reduce its cost to +0 would be great, as it doubles the number of times you can hit any given enemy with a power you manifest. For [I]psionic dominate, hitting them twice forces twice as many saves, helps overcome any dispelling effects, as well as messes with others' attempts to dominate your minions.

Don't forget that using psionic dominate on yourself gives additional defense against anyone who is likewise trying to dominate you.