PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Request: Giant Warbunny

Holly
2007-08-19, 03:03 PM
I'm not good at making monsters or mounts, so I thought I'd ask you guys to try for me. :D

Soon in a campaign, I expect my character to run away and not come back, meaning I'll need a new character. I have a new character thought up and planned out; a Paladin of Freedom who uses a lance of some sort to deal mountback charging damage on their elustrious Paladin's Mount.

However, the nature of this request is the mount. I'm into making more fun characters than anything and nothing would amuse me more than riding a Giant Warbunny (Pink) and following the Great Bunny in the Sky. So, I ask you homebrewers of the Giant In The Playground board to make me a Giant Warbunny. :D

Remember, must be able to jump, as well. :D

Thanks!

Triaxx
2007-08-19, 07:28 PM
How large do you need it? By which I mean, is it for a medium character, or a small one?

Holly
2007-08-20, 12:19 AM
For a medium character.

The Demented One
2007-08-20, 12:33 AM
This work?

Giant War Bunny
Large Animal
Hit Dice: 4d8+11 (29 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, +4 Dex, , +1 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+10
Attack: Kick +5 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: 2 Kicks +5 melee (1d6+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Jumping charge
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +2
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +6, Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness, Toughness
Environment: Warm plains
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always True Neutral
Advancement: 5-9 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: –

Jumping Charge (Ex)
Whenever a Giant War Bunny makes an attack after taking a move action to jump at least 10 ft., it takes a -2 penalty to its AC, but gains a +2 penalty on the damage roll, as if it had made a charge. It does not have to jump in a straight line to gain these benefits.

Holly
2007-08-20, 02:20 AM
Awesome. Thanks!

Paragon Badger
2007-08-20, 04:06 AM
Beware the Red Hare...

http://san.pengguo.com/index.php?mode=view&view=30

Edit: Abandon all hope, ye who faces the Red Hare.

http://san.pengguo.com/index.php?mode=view&view=32

Edit Edit:

Cute yet deadly.

http://san.pengguo.com/index.php?mode=view&view=106

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-20, 12:37 PM
I've been thinking about a vaguely similar concept of a Riding Squirrel. The tricky part would be that they have very short attention spans and would tend to just do whatever they wish.

If their attention could be focused long enough though, they would be great for battles in forests. Since they could climb trees, it would be easy to fit lots of cavalry archers in.

Mostly though I just like the insane idea of people riding on Squirrels.

Not quite sure where to begin though really.

littlechicory
2007-08-20, 02:23 PM
In related news, I had a story stashed away somewhere about a paladin whose celestial mount was a giant frog. The frog kicked more evil butt than the poor pally ever did. (/anecdote)

Riding squirrels sounds awesome. I can't imagine trying to get enough nuts to feed them, though. :smallconfused:

The Demented One
2007-08-20, 02:59 PM
I've been thinking about a vaguely similar concept of a Riding Squirrel. The tricky part would be that they have very short attention spans and would tend to just do whatever they wish.

If their attention could be focused long enough though, they would be great for battles in forests. Since they could climb trees, it would be easy to fit lots of cavalry archers in.

Mostly though I just like the insane idea of people riding on Squirrels.

Not quite sure where to begin though really.
...sigh. What size do you want them?

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-20, 09:20 PM
Large, but really I should make the thing myself. I need the practice since I'm going to want to create creatures far more insane than this. Like monsters composed of empty space :P ("The nothing deals you 4 points of damage. Somehow." "I attack with my sword." "You can't tell if you hit it or not.")