PDA

View Full Version : Buffer Support Character Build

tstewt1921
2017-11-25, 11:27 AM
So my group generally does gestalt games, as we feel it's the absolute best way to get your character the abilities to do what you want it to do. I was coming up with a support type build and I've come up with one side that I like after reading another post on here.

Bard 7, Void Disciple 13 // Some Other Class

The some other class part is what I can't come up with, I'm trying to think of something that would go well with what I've decided to do on the other side, however I don't really know what to go with. I'm wanting to stay away from Marshal and Dragon Shaman kind of. I've never really played too many support characters, I've generally always been our blaster or rogue.

Darrin
2017-11-29, 12:32 PM
The some other class part is what I can't come up with, I'm trying to think of something that would go well with what I've decided to do on the other side, however I don't really know what to go with.

Crusader focusing on White Raven and Devoted Spirit is nice. Dragonfire Adept could also be good. Otherwise, Factotum 20 or Factotum 10/Chameleon 10 for the full-on Swiss Army Character.

Long_shanks
2017-11-29, 01:44 PM
I'm with Darrin on that one: Swiss-army knife the hell out of that guy. With Factotum/Chameleon, you can fulfill any role, so fulfill the one your team has neglected. Plus you get access to more spells beneficial to your group and the floating (crafting feat) to be your group's own walking magic mart.

Nifft
2017-11-29, 02:05 PM
At what level will you start?

Crusader 20 is a great support melee leader.

Warlock 20 covers some of the must-have checkboxes (ranged attack, flight, teleportation, UMD) so you have something to do while using Inspire Courage.

Dragonfire Adept 20 is like Warlock, except with an area attack instead of a ranged attack, and it gives you access to Dragonfire Inspiration.

Sorcerer 20 can also give you access to Dragonfire Inspiration (if you take Draconic Heritage). Plus, you're a Sorc 20.

Mystic Wildshape Ranger 5 / Master of Many Forms 10 / Nature's Warrior 5 - fly around breathing dragon-fire and also singing.

Scout 20 - High mobility and even more skills, plus you get a tiny bit of blasting (via Skirmish) while being very hard to hit. The bonus feats allow you to get a bit of combat prowess while you use your regular level-up feats for Inspire Courage optimization.

Druid 20 - because Druid.

Hiro Quester
2017-11-29, 02:36 PM
If you want a buffer build, putting something like wizard/war weaver into the mix isn’t a bad idea.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-11-29, 04:55 PM
What, exactly, do you want from "support?" Party buffing? Healing? Skillmonkey-ing?