PDA

View Full Version : Dray Says

ribblle
2017-11-25, 12:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kE9bMrK.jpg

You have come to Port Wander. Perched on the edge of the Calixis Sector, in the far reaches of the Drusian Marches, Port Wander is the gateway to the Koronus Expanse and the vast untamed void beyond. The station itself hangs massive and silent in the baleful light of Rubycon II, surrounded by the shattered remnants of ancient asteroids and serviced by a flotilla of Imperial vessels both large and small.

Upon your arrival you have been greeted by several formal envoys and salutations from both the Imperial Authority and other Rogue Traders, welcoming your dynasty to port and honouring your right to passage. It dawns on you this is no less then you can expect. Your "handlers" have even respectfully retreated to satellite monitoring. However, one vox message stands out and demands your attention. Recorded in "your" new dynasty’s personal cipher, the message is from a man who calls himself Orbest Dray. He says he has been waiting a long time for a member of the family line to return, and carries a message and a gift from your Rogue Trader’s great-grandfather. He would meet with you as soon as you have docked at a specified location in the Court of the Dead; Port Wander’s vast markets. It is a matter, he says, that promises great glory. And quite the interview.

Hope you scrub up well! Best not to dally overmuch, this is a pretty good job...

Kaptin Keen
2017-11-25, 01:26 PM
Rufius (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1406788) was overwhelmed.

A few days ago, he'd never been offworld. He'd worked in the adepta, cataloguing ways to die and people who did - until, slightly drunk, he'd made an inspired speach about how he wasn't afraid of the muck lurk, and how The Emprah would protect those who did not waver.

Somehow, one thing led to another, and soon Rufius was a decent melee combatant, and respected for his ... as he'd so boldly boasted: Unwavering faith in the God-Emprah.

Rufius was frankly terrified of muck lurks, and so when the chance presented itself, he up and left.

Trying to navigate the unbelievable press of human souls, he figured: Ok ... it's simple enough: Find the Court of Souls, or whatever. Do the interview. Win!

He pressed on resolutely, trying to figure out how space stations worked. Was it like a torus affair? Or a spindle? For all he knew, it could be a cube - maybe there were elevators.

PotatoGolem
2017-11-25, 02:17 PM
Macharius strode up to Rufius, expecting the crowd to part before him, as was only good and natural. The small swarm of retainers buzzing around him certainly helped convey that he wasn't a good man to try to pickpocket, as did his getup. He wasn't wearing anything so much as bedecked. The main gist of it seemed to be an Imperial Navy commander's uniform, although significantly heavier on sashes, furs, and precious metals than most military uniforms. The hat with iridescent feathers from a variety of rare-to-extinct species likely wasn't standard-issue either. He clapped Rufius on the back heartily and gripped his hand tightly.

Ah, you must be the missionary I was told about! Rufius, was it? Capital, dear boy, capital! A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm told you're quite the man! Shining beacon of unwavering faith, what! Bringing the light of our glorious emperor into the darkest of places, eh? Hoho, we'll have to move quick to get you into the thick of it with the alien before they can run from you! Wouldn't want to disappoint you with no monsters to slay, now would we?!

His voice could only be described as "booming." If he had any concern that people might be listening, he certainly wasn't showing it.

Kaptin Keen
2017-11-25, 03:46 PM
Rufius is at once appalled and relieved by the spectacle addressing him.

On his home world Mud, men dressed either in no-nonsens combat gear, or tough xeno hides. The fashions and mannerisms of the wider Imperium were as unknown to him as the standard layout of a space station. So while this loud, motley person was scary - he was also someone near-infinitely more likely to be able to find their destination.

Hail, Macharius ... it is Macharius, right? Good, good.

Ah, yes. It seems by boundless faith in the Holy God Emperor has landed me a job as a missionary - and, in unrelated events, a ship.

I must confess being almost entirely unsure where we are, or where we should go. The Soul Court? Bone Court?

For all his confusion, it was clear by even the most cursory observation that Rufius was a bit of a specimen. He must have eaten well as a child, for he was tall and muscular, lean in that way that signals speed, and he wore excellent armor, with a chain sword at his side, and the almost mandatory flamer over his shoulder.

PotatoGolem
2017-11-25, 08:50 PM
Lord Macharius Absalom, yes. For a brief moment, Macharius' voice is hard, and his hand rests on the sword at his waist. For a brief moment one could imagine that the it's more than a fashion accessory for a foppish dandy. The moment soon passes with another peal of laughter.

Hoho, my good man, let's go find the rest of our merry band! Roberts, fetch the man a drink! What's your poison? Brandy? Whiskey? Wine? Blake, cigars! Cooper, bring us some of those Sebastopol quail eggs and some grox tartare in case we get hungry in the meeting! Wouldn't do to meet our new associates without proper hospitality. Wouldn't do at all.

Servants swarm to provide Rufius with exotic delicacies as Macharius strides towards the Court of the Dead, assuming without looking that everyone is following.

Xenopax
2017-11-25, 10:02 PM
Nemo was not used to being on space stations. Even when he was part of the inquisition he mostly hunted Heretics on his home planet.
Nemo had noticed a big man in a strange version of the imperial Navy Costume with a large retinue. He Looked like he knew what he was doing so he managed to infilitrate his group of servants.

Right now he was serving the man (whose name appeared to Be machiarus Absalon) a drink along with a Missionary whom he had picked up.

More drink Lord Abasalom?

First time doing the intro. Anyone have any tips to make it better?

Kaptin Keen
2017-11-26, 02:55 AM
Rufius struggles desperately to balance snacks and drinks, and try to keep up the conversation at the same time.

Well, in actuality, I'm also lord Rufius Flagrante - but honestly, it's my great uncle who's the real Lord, capital L, Fragrante.
And anyways, who cares about titles, they're just words, right? Just because our families rule expansive merchant cartels doesn't mean we're somehow better than other people, right?

Rufius scoffs at the idea.

Meanwhile, he considers: Maybe I should have brought some ... what are those called, retainers? I wonder if I could have afforded that, what does a retainer cost?

PotatoGolem
2017-11-26, 01:07 PM
Thank you, Nemo. Capital man, that Nemo. Always seems to know what's needed before I ask, never seen until he's necessary, then he's always there. Practically a shadow, that man.
Wish I could recall where I employed him, I tell you, if I had-

At Rufius' comment, Macharius stops abruptly. For the first time since Nemo infiltrated his crew, the captain is at a loss for words. He stares at Rufius with a shocked expression, mouth slightly open, for a good fifteen seconds before he finally speaks.

"Who cares about titles, they're just words? Just because our families rule expansive merchant cartels doesn't mean we're somehow better than other people?" He says it slowly, incredulously, like Rufius had just told him that just because they were in a pool didn't mean they were wet, it was just water. The silence stretches on for maybe thirty seconds before he bursts out laughing.

Ohhoho, you had me there, old boy! Hohoho you looked so serious, you almost had me convinced! Now, of course, the common man has his virtues. Ignorance is purity and blindness is holiness, as the God-Emperor teaches, and all that. Sadly, it falls to those like us, those burdened with knowledge and power, to lead them for their own good. I'll command their bodies and you'll shepherd their souls, Lord Flagrante, and between the two they'll be quite all right.

Having decided that Rufius was clearly joking and is a fantastic deadpan comedian, Macharius continues on, forgetting the question of where exactly Nemo comes from and how long he's been there.

Kaptin Keen
2017-11-26, 01:46 PM
For we are all equal before the Emperor, so spoke Drusus upon the mountain, the fields of victory below him, and know ye that any life given in the service of the Emperor shall be gathered home, and any life spent in comfort and folly shall be set adrift upon the void.

No man is dearer or more beloved to the Emperor than he who had nothing - but gave everything, thus spoke Curvus the Sabine.

Render unto all men that which is theirs. The Imperium rests upon the labors of common men - the high borne and the ecclesiarchy may provide direction and order, but without the laborers and the fighting men of the Imperial Guard, there would be no Empire.

Rufius waits, watching the color drain from Macharius' face, struggling to form any response. Then he cracks in a big smile, and claps the noble on his back:

I jest! All sorts of craziness can be quoted from the saints - there are thousands of years of thousands of saints, and between the two of us not all of them were ... shall we say, entirely together much of the time.

Amused, Rufius follows along, considering what other fun one might have with the ... slightly narrow view of the world the Captain seems to have.

Hypersmith
2017-11-26, 02:21 PM
Ralosen

Following a step behind Macharius, Ralosen towered over the humans of the port. Even the retainers that milled about the trader kept a healthy distance from him. Unlike the adorned man, Ralosen radiated an unpleasant aura. Besides the signature red robes that marked him a tech-priest, his mechanicus bore patches and scorches, marks of expansion to accommodate his towering size. Hovering over his left shoulder was a servo skull that flit about erratically. Throughout the past week since his arrival, the skull had been his only constant companion as he salvaged supplies for an impromptu medicae area with tools and tables made tailored to his own size. It was in this area aboard the deck that he seemed most approachable.

Having held his silence so far in the conversation, Ralosen speaks, addressing Rufius with a raspy, grating voice that hardly matched his size. "There is much to be done before we can truly command our own bodies. How can we expect the commoner to understand their own impurities?" The yellowish orb that functions as his left eye swivels unnervingly as he continues to speak.

"But enough of that. Do we not gather here to find one Orbest Dray?"

ribblle
2017-11-26, 03:09 PM
The Court of The Dead
http://i.imgur.com/uOQ1c05.jpg

"Come here. Here, youngsters."

"Absalom... you look like your uncle. Hello. I am Orbest Dray."

http://i.imgur.com/S8mXjvH.jpg

Beneath a tarpaulin on upturned crates and one chair, Dray leans back and takes a deep breath. He stares into the distance with a unfocused look for slightly too long, before a smile slowly unfurls across his face.

"I was once as you are, an officer aboard the Emperor's Testament. Your great-grand uncle, Karlorn, led me. Long and slow was the voyage; terrible and rudderless. At our journeys end no fleet waited for us. It was somewhere entirely new; or perhaps so old the decay had cracked it into something else entirely. Our navigator had snatched at something; like a candle in the ocean. A signal centuries dead. The call of the Righteous Path!

You don't know it? It was the ship of a man named Lorcalus Ryn, a warlord amongst warlords. A crusader. He was the bane of a hundred worlds, and one of them was Iystallian. A colony already old some 2000 years ago, lost to false gods and draped in a splendor to shame every single conquest before it! No ones sure what he found there; not even I! Some say treasures of technology, others blessed gene-crypts fit for an army. Lorcalus took his bounty and never chanced to enjoy it, and neither did we fools. The fleet needed every man, but no man could forget this. So Karlorn left me to remember. Finally..."

Dray reaches into his grubby jacket and sets a small stasis casket on the table. Lights flicker over Macharius purposefully, and it begins to whirr. It clicks, rotates, unlocks. Revealed is a small black rock. "An astropathic Mnemolith. Any psyker can read it -"

https://i.imgur.com/GVK61bV.gif

Some kind of bird? dives for the stone.

Anyone who makes this difficult (-10) perception test gets to take a half action.

Ralosen: [roll0]≤26

Macharius: [roll1]≤21

Nemo: [roll2]≤28

Rufius: [roll3]≤32

ribblle
2017-11-26, 04:42 PM
Or not...

https://i.imgur.com/oWHgXUt.gif

4 armed (and fashionable) men sprout across the market, encircling you in a 30m perimeter.

Initiative

"Bird" 13

Ralosen 13

Fashionable Gunmen 10

Fashionable Gunman 9

Rufius 6

Macharius 6

Nemo 6

2 1 Fashionable Gunmen 5

Servoskull 4

The bird flies up some 12 metres towards the gantries, straining with the weight of the stone.

All of you are behind the cover of the crates, and you can declare your actions in advance.

Kaptin Keen
2017-11-26, 05:07 PM
For Rufius, it is simple: He has no weapon with sufficient range, so he will have to move closer. This is no muck lurk, however - so one must assume they carry firearms, and thus, plotting a route that offers cover will be prudent. It feels tempting to bathe these villains in cleansing fire, but the density of innocent civilians discourages that course of action. Hence, it must be the sword.

In other words, if there is cover to be found, Rufius will move to flank - maybe even out of sight? One can only hope.

PotatoGolem
2017-11-26, 06:36 PM
Macharius is back in his element: giving orders.

Jenkins! Our helmet! Macharius dons the ornate, gold-inlaid helmet, which clicks smoothly into place with something under his finery. He draws the sword at his hip and it hisses to life, crackling with bluish energy.

Nemo! I see you've found a gun! Good chap! Give them the old what-for for House Absalom!

Using one half action to ready the helmet and another to ready my sword. Using a free action for Exceptional Leader, targeting Nemo. Nemo has +10% to hit on his next attack. I'm staying fully behind my crate for now.

Xenopax
2017-11-27, 02:02 AM
After hearing Lord Machirus give him his orders, Nemo takes a second to think to himself.
Clearly that stone is important or else the gunmen wouldn't have sent the bird to take it. Lord machirus, The tech priest and The missionary could take a few shots without major injury so the most logical target was the bird.

Nemo takes aim and fires at the bird

I aim and shoot at the bird using two half actions. I need to beat 39 I get +30 including my aim, my Accurate talent and machirus's buff. (cant get the dice roller to work so please roll for me) if I hit I do 1d10 +5 dmg

Hypersmith
2017-11-27, 10:47 AM
Ralosen trusts his servo skull AI to protect him against any incoming fire, and raises his boltgun to fire at the thieving bird. He prepares to move under the bird to receive the Mnemolith should the bird fall.

The servo skull spins to face the gunmen, returning fire to the nearest one.

Fire half action, trying to beat a 32 [roll0] for [roll1] damage and delaying a move half action to stand over the mnemolith if not catch it.

Servo skull will use a half action to aim and a half action to fire at the nearest gunman. Beating a 15+10(aim)+10(red-dot laser sight)= 35 [roll2] for [roll3] damage.

ribblle
2017-11-27, 12:07 PM
The bird is smaller (-10) then you thought, throwing off your shot.

One of the gunsmen spits a steady stream of fire over you all, particularly at the towering cyborg.

http://i.imgur.com/znKyITA.gif

[roll0]≤28 (38 for Ralosen)

[roll1] pen 3

Pinned?

[roll2]≤19

[roll3]≤1

[roll4]≤15

[roll5]≤10

[roll6]≤28

ribblle
2017-11-27, 12:20 PM
Well i ****ed that up. Should have been +20. So Rufius is the only one who isn't pinned.

Another gunman sprays at Ralosen;

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IckyUnnaturalDiplodocus-small.gif

[roll0]≤78

Have a feeling he's going to be pretty shredded...

ribblle
2017-11-27, 12:50 PM
Huh. Just one shot on him.

[roll0] pen 3

https://i.imgur.com/tvCfGyT.gif

Rufius closes the distance; one of the gunmen is close enough to charge. Macharius dons his helmet and in order to keep his head, ducks without drawing his gun. Nemo lines up a shot, roused by Macharius's old-fashioned but confident encouragement;

Modifiers and bonuses cancel out

https://media.giphy.com/media/fNH5o1XDFHxbW/giphy.gif

[roll1]≤39

[roll2] pen 7

ribblle
2017-11-27, 01:02 PM
Now that, was close.

Trying to escape pinning

[roll0]≤10 ****ed up my rolls again; you succeed

[roll1]≤28 Nope

Rufius's movement clearly shows he hasn't been suppressed enough;

http://i.imgur.com/eKd6YJk.gif

[roll2]≤28

[roll3] pen 3

Pinned?

[roll4]≤15

ribblle
2017-11-27, 01:18 PM
The last gunman fires at Nemo;

https://i.imgur.com/IqAJTfK.gif

[roll0]≤68 pen 3

[roll1] pen 3

And the servoskull's shot goes wide.

The bird flies still higher, but drops the stone with a scream, exhaustion slowing it's wings. It spins through the air and lands some 20 metres away (or 2 metres away from Rufius).

ribblle
2017-11-27, 01:19 PM
Oh nasty. 3 more hits;

[roll0] pen 3

[roll1] pen 3

[roll2] pen 3

ribblle
2017-11-27, 01:26 PM
By the way, the crates currently give you 2 AP of cover. And as for the crowd...

On a 6-10, you gain 8 ap of meatshield. Yes, the rolls are in order of shots.

Ralosen first;

[roll0]

Nemo;

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

Kaptin Keen
2017-11-27, 03:31 PM
We find ourselves on the uncomfortable end of quite a lot of incoming lead. Good thing I brought my .... wait, no. I didn't bring anything useful for this. Except! My voice! Surely they wouldn't shoot at an envoy of the Golden Throne and the Eternal God-Emperor!

Yea. I wish I was better at ranged combat =D

Xenopax
2017-11-27, 08:38 PM
Nemo takes a pot shot at the gunman giving off the suppressing fire then he hides back under his crate. He then aims at a different gun man.
I make a standard attack on the gunman who pinned us. Have to beat 39 - (1d100) [59]
If I hit I do (1d10+5) [7]

I spend another half action aiming.

Hypersmith
2017-11-27, 08:55 PM
Finding the crowd quickly scattering around him and his large form drawing fire, Ralosen stays behind the boxes. He steels his nerves to leap out and attack. His harsh metallic voice rings out a command to his servo-skull. "Kill!"

Ralosen is taking a half action to aim. Normal Willpower test at end of turn to end pinning. 78 to beat a 39. Servo skull aims and fires at the gunman who first opened fire. [roll0] trying to beat a 35 again for [roll1] damage

Kaptin Keen
2017-11-28, 12:16 AM
Rufius, realising that an unseen flanking charge wasn't an option, and that the flimsy cover he's behind will only last so long against the onslaught of high velocity metal, prudently determines to settle for the slightly less glorious option: Fire.

BY FIRE BE CLEANSED, FOUL UNBELIEVERS! He bellows at the top of his lungs, and let's liquid flame caress the tender skin, hair and face of any adversaries in range.

Are there a bunch of innocent bystanders between Rufius and the gunmen?

PotatoGolem
2017-11-28, 12:19 AM
I'll announce alternative actions, depending on the result of some confusion in the OOC thread. since I won't be able to reply till tomorrow evening. Free action is the same regardless

Macharius vaults a crate and charges at one of the gunmen, bearing down on him like a fashionably-dressed whirlwind. Have at you! For Absalom and the Emperor!

OOC: Full action to charge and swing in melee with a power sword. [roll0]have to be below a 52. On hit, deal [roll1] Pen 5.

Macharius sprints towards the gunmen, ducking behind a crate as he readies his sword for a leap.

OOC: Run towards the closest gunman not being flamered, take cover nearby

Macharius drops his sword. Well! If they want to deny us a good civilized duel, I suppose we must resort to more uncivilized methods. He pulls a silver-blue pistol with thermal vents from under his jacket. It starts to whine and hum as it powers on, the air in front of it starting to shimmer.

OOC: Ready Plasma Pistol

Rufius, my good man! Run down those cads like the foul heretics they are! In the God-Emperor's name!

Exceptional Leader, targeting Rufius, +10% on his next attack

Kaptin Keen
2017-11-28, 12:23 AM
My Lord Absalom - if at all possible, do try to avoid charging into the arc of my fire!

ribblle
2017-11-29, 07:36 AM
[roll0]≤36

If he dodges, he's on 8 wounds, if not, 2.

Ralosen lines up a shot

https://i.imgur.com/DGt9nS8.gif

and lead screams towards the bold missionary.

https://i.imgur.com/rO5HAPK.gif

[roll1]≤75

[roll2] pen 3

https://i.imgur.com/5JITgpu.gif

[roll3]≤75

[roll4] pen 3

ribblle
2017-11-29, 07:40 AM
Oooh, and that's another 3 hits.

[roll0] pen 3

[roll1] pen 3

[roll2] pen 3

Meatshield rolls!

[roll3]>5

[roll4]>5

[roll5]>5

[roll6]>5

[roll7]>5

And dodge.

[roll8]≤34

ribblle
2017-11-29, 07:52 AM
Thanks to the miracle of imperial carapace and Rufius's muck-lurk-honed reflexes, bullets merely patter off the blood-lusted warrior... the few which didn't find a civilian, anyway. And yet...

[roll0] pen 3

[roll1]>5

Xenopax
2017-11-29, 08:06 AM
Nemo aims directly for the gunmans face and lets loose a shot.

1d100
Called shot to the farthest gunmans face 1d100
have to beat 39 The +20 bonus I get from aiming last turn and the - 20 penalty cancel each other out.

ribblle
2017-11-29, 08:12 AM
Ping.

https://i.imgur.com/e4TQOi9.gif

Macharius runs mere metres away from the gunman to the northeast, while Nemo misses his pot-shot. (Not the one he just posted, the one before that.)

Gonna wait for kaptain keen to decide if he's risking flaming civilians or not.

PotatoGolem
2017-11-29, 11:39 PM
I'll get my next action in here as well.

Macharius leaps into action, running down and slashing at the gunman with his crackling sword. Absalom and the Imperium! Explorator, keep firing! May the Machine God bless your aim!

Charge! [roll0], need to roll under a 52. If he hits, [roll1] , penetration 5. +10 to hit for our intrepid cyborg.

Also, Kaptin answered your question in the OOC thread- not sure if you saw it since a lot of things were said today

ribblle
2017-12-03, 05:31 AM
https://i.imgur.com/LWF8h6M.gif

A gunman [roll0]<45 from the caress of the flames, as does a terrified [roll1]<8 despite your best efforts.

ribblle
2017-12-03, 06:08 AM
The gunwoman breaks cover and charges at Rufius with a hand crackling electric blue.

https://i.imgur.com/OZBdBwv.gif

≤52

[roll1]

[roll2]≤100

The toasty gunman spins with a snarl and pumps lead at the bold captain.

https://i.imgur.com/X6xVn8A.gif

[roll3]≤38

[roll4] pen 3

Pinned?

[roll]1d100≤10

Ralosen's servo-skull misses once again.

ribblle
2017-12-03, 06:10 AM
Macharius's "don't get pinned" roll

[roll0]≤10

pinned

ribblle
2017-12-03, 06:19 AM
(Assuming Ralosen will shoot now he's aimed and take another servo shot)

[roll0]≤42

[roll1]

[roll2]≤35

[roll3]

[roll4]≤69

ribblle
2017-12-03, 06:27 AM
Meatshield or no?

[roll0]<6

ribblle
2017-12-03, 06:44 AM
Oof. Good news is, you've almost run out of civilians.

The crates are falling apart under the sheer weight of fire as Ralosen and Nemo huddle together, reducing their AP to 1. One shot each.

https://i.imgur.com/0sFQOxk.gif

[roll0]≤78

[roll1] pen 3

[roll2]≤68

[roll3] pen 3

ribblle
2017-12-03, 06:46 AM
Muffled cursing and screeching metal comes from the southeast as his gun jams, but Nemo is not so lucky...

[roll0] pen 3

[roll1] pen 3

[roll2] pen 3

ribblle
2017-12-03, 06:49 AM
Depending on this dodge, he's either on -2 wounds or 4...

[roll0]≤36

ribblle
2017-12-03, 07:02 AM
A bruising blow. Nemo takes 1 level of fatigue, giving him -10 to all actions.

Nemo takes his shot;

[roll0]≤49

You couldn't aim and shoot last turn because you were pinned and could only take a half action, but you've shaken that off now so i added half action aim.

Macharius is gonna need to declare a new action now he's pinned.

ribblle
2017-12-03, 07:07 AM
Oh damn. Forgot about Nemo's meatshields! Brain, why do you do this to me? Shot's in order as before.

[roll0]>5
[roll1]>5
[roll2]>5
[roll3]>5

Nemo is actually on 2 wounds, editing above post.

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-03, 08:50 AM
Swinging the flamer back on it's strap, Rufius draws his chainsword as it roars to life with a hungry shriek of jagged teeth. With more force than grace he levels the blade at his opponent.

Attack: [roll0] vs 56
Damage: [roll1] Pen 2 (that's right, right? You add str bonus?)
Tearing: [roll2]

Just in case:
Fury: [roll3]

Feh! Pathetic.

The strike would have been impressively deadly - if it had struck true. As it is, the lady has a bit of a laugh at Rufius' expense.

Xenopax
2017-12-03, 09:23 AM
Nemo Bears through the pain of the shots and lays down suppressing fire upon the gun menLord Machirus! I am badly injured and cannot continue firing for much longer! Your humble servant requests Aid.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-03, 11:30 AM
Macharius draws his plasma pistol and laughs at the man shooting at Nemo. Congratulations! You've managed to defeat a valet with a laspistol! And you only had to burn through an entire autogun clip for it. With only a decade more training, I'm sure you'd be a match for a one-armed drunken Guardsman on shore leave! Holy Rufius, please finish off these bufoons. This grows tiresome.

Half action to draw my gun. Free actions to taunt that jerk and Exceptional Leader Rufius (+10% to hit)

Try to break pin at end of turn 1d100, target is 30

Hypersmith
2017-12-03, 11:46 AM
With the sudden disruption to the stream of fire, Ralosen grips his boltgun and stands upright, rapidly firing two shots at the nearest gunman.
"Best kill them before they kill you if you're in trouble"

Semi-auto burst! Have to beat a 52 (+10 from burst, +10 from short range) [roll0]
damage for first shot: [roll1] pen 4
tearing re-roll for first shot [roll2] pen 4
damage for second shot: [roll3] pen 4
tearing re-roll for second shot [roll4] pen 4

Hypersmith
2017-12-03, 11:49 AM
Righteous fury on that second shot! Do I still apply the tearing property?
[roll0] pen 4
[roll1] pen 4

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-2904496-1-tumblr_m4axb7oT411qcjvaio1_500.gif

ribblle
2017-12-03, 01:00 PM
Does Macharius break pinning?

[roll0]≤30

You certainly got his attention.

https://i.imgur.com/qrHqwNn.gif

[roll1]≤75

The gunwoman meanwhile does her best to disarm Rufius of his flamer.

https://i.imgur.com/qjaPN9l.gif

[roll2]≤42 vs Rufius's [roll3]≤51

The servoskull misses yet again, but Ralosen is more fortunate. And this time, the civilians have scattered.

https://i.imgur.com/RAJZyd2.gif

[roll4]≤45

ribblle
2017-12-03, 01:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/iGtb4Zd.gif

He's still kicking, but barely.

As for Macharius's nemesis...

[roll0] pen 3

ribblle
2017-12-03, 01:55 PM
The bullet flattens against his carapace.

The heavily wounded gunman with a jammed gun desperately charges Rufius, bloody shock glove clenched with rage.

[roll0]≤62

[roll1]

[roll2]≤100

His contemporary snaps off a shot with a las pistol at Nemo

https://media.giphy.com/media/6qCRIYNubpOEw/giphy.gif

[roll3]≤25

[roll4]

and throws a blind grenade at his feet.

https://i.imgur.com/kYKFMvf.gif

PotatoGolem
2017-12-03, 02:00 PM
Even trying to hit Macharius requires going through all his layers of defenses, as he tries to leap out of the way and the air around him shimmers slightly.
Dodge: [roll0] against 43

If that fails, the Locke-Pattern Force Field kicks in: [roll1] target 50

There's a flash of light and a sound like a whipcrack as the rounds fly towards Macharius. He appears entirely unharmed, his finery undamaged, smiling smugly. The Emperor protects his chosen. And you are apparently not among them. Clearly, an untrained valet was a more appropriate match for your meager skills.

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-03, 02:12 PM
Emboldened by Macharius' words, Rufius renews his attack with yet greater fervor:

BE SMOTE, VILLAIN!

All-out Attack: [roll0] vs. 86 (WS 51+10 for command+20 for AoA)
Damage: [roll1]
Rending: [roll2]
Potential Rightous Fury: [roll3]
And hey, why not more Righteous Fury: [roll4]

Do extra successes even do anything? Also, if she dodges (was she a she?), I shall be deeply disappointed.

Also, I'm doing RF wrong. It needs actual Attack rolls, it seems. Who knew?!

Receive, oh Sinner, the Emperors Redemption of a bloody, gore end, and be blessed. Go into the void, cleansed of thine foul doings.

Rufius delivers his dubious blessing in an even tone of voice, discernible if only barely above the whine of the chain sword as it cuts through armor, flesh and bone, spraying blood and viscera everywhere.

ribblle
2017-12-03, 02:30 PM
The hapless henchman clings on to life by a thread

https://i.imgur.com/0coOPIx.gif

He's used his dodge for the round, so easy target ;)

ribblle
2017-12-03, 02:40 PM
Oh yes, Nemo mentioned suppressing fire. Well, he can't suppress with a single shot weapon, but he can do it in spirit.

https://i.imgur.com/rRfyIUL.gif

[roll0]≤59

[roll1] pen 7

Lolol, should have had a extra +10 to hit this whole time because of the accurate quality.

Hypersmith
2017-12-03, 03:21 PM
The servo-skull continues to fire, unfazed by its previous failures.
end of my semi-auto round, it attacks, next round it'll do the same.
Round 1: [roll0] vs 35 damage [roll1]
Round 2: [roll2] vs 35 damage [roll3]

Surveying the battlefield and seeing his allies start moving into close quarters combat, Ralosen sprints towards the nearest adversary with huge bounds, rapidly closing the distance. With his heavy movement comes the ominous sound of metal clanking, scraping, and brushing on metal, an assorted cacophony of pipes, wires, and plates.

Full action run 24m towards nearest target, still holding my boltgun because why not.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-03, 03:59 PM
Now that he's no longer suppressed*, Macharius charges the gunman, bringing his power sword to bear. Very well. Since you insist on bothering your betters, we shall have to end you.
Explorator, kindly dispatch these ruffians.

*If he gets re-suppressed, same except for taking an offhand shot with the plasma pistol instead of charging

Charge attack on the goon nearby! [roll0], goal is 52 (42+10 charging). Damage is [roll1], pen 5.

If pinned, zap 'em with the plasma! [roll2], target is 14 (offhand and close range cancel out, -20 for being pinned)

+10% to hit for the Explorator's next attack.

ribblle
2017-12-03, 04:18 PM
He raises his gauntleted hand to catch your blade

[roll0]≤3

and, slashed open or not, attempts to disarm you.

[roll1]≤42 vs Macharius's [roll2]≤42

The gunwoman tries much the same on Rufius, pitifully aided by her dying partner.

[roll3]≤52 vs Rufius's [roll4]≤51

The servo-skull whirr's as it refocuses, and it comes surprisingly close to hitting the sole gunman not being hacked at - if it wasn't for the smoke. (-20)

Shaking the ground as he runs, Ralosen thunders into Rufius's skirmish.

ribblle
2017-12-03, 05:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/D60XFG0.jpg

The flamer thunks on the ground, and the man bleeding out next to it picks it up...

https://i.imgur.com/oTOG2oB.gif

Time for everyone to dive.

[roll0]≤54

[roll1]≤59

[roll2]≤55

[roll3] pen 2

Stop drop and rolls (if hit)

[roll4]≤34

[roll5]≤39

[roll6]≤35

Fire damage if failed

[roll7] + 1 level of Fatigue

[roll8] + 1 level of Fatigue

[roll9] + 1 level of Fatigue

Willpower tests to do anything but run around and scream next turn (if failed)

[roll10]≤35

[roll11]≤39

[roll12]≤35

Aish. That's... 5 wounds left, 1 fatigue (-10 to everything) and no next turn Ralosen.

Nope, he fated it.

Xenopax
2017-12-03, 05:29 PM
As Nemo lays bleeding and on fire he feels a surge of energy go through him. Some of his smaller wounds heal. The emperor has blessed him!
"For the Emperor! For House Absalom!"
He yells as he shoots at the man with the Flamer.

OOC: first I use a fate point. I aim and shoot at the guy with the Flamer. +20 bonus. Sorry couldn't put this all in spoilers and color because I'm typing on my phone

ribblle
2017-12-03, 05:40 PM
You hear and see nothing from the cloud of smoke, slowly spreading.

Forgot to roll for the size and duration of the smokescreen.

[roll0] metres

[roll1] rounds

Nemo's fate point heal:

[roll2] (**** luck as usual :P)

http://i.imgur.com/t8EMesO.gif

[roll3]≤39 (-20 for shooting into melee)

If you miss by less then 10, you'll hit a random combatant...

ribblle
2017-12-03, 05:45 PM
I can't believe it. He hit!

https://i.imgur.com/zXn0Zzo.gif

First blood goes to Nemo!

PotatoGolem
2017-12-03, 06:40 PM
Capital shooting, Nemo! Macharius turns back to the man he's dueling. It appears I was mistaken. You're not even as skilled as the valet. You are a fool,
an incompetent, and a heretic. And soon you shall be a corpse.

Macharius focuses entirely on offense, lashing out repeatedly with sweeping blows from the power sword. Mighty Explorator! You have him all but vanquished! Take him alive if you can,
but take him down in the name of House Absalom and the Imperium!

All-out attack on the idiot who tried to ruin my shirt and kill Nemo. I'll spend a Fate point to reroll if I miss- Macharius has had it with this clown. [roll0], target is 62.

Two degrees of success, for that jerk's inevitable attempt to catch my sword again.

If Fate is necessary, [roll1], still vs 62.

Exceptional Leader on Ralosen. +10% to hit. I don't even know if you have a nonlethal way to take someone down in melee, but it's more likely than nonlethal incapacitation with a chainsword.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-03, 06:44 PM
It appears divine intervention was not necessary, only fury

Don't need the fate roll, but I do need damage. [roll0], penetration 5.

On the Off-chance I get a Righteous Fury, [roll1] vs 62 to confirm, [roll2] extra damage.

Hypersmith
2017-12-03, 07:03 PM
Approaching his target, Ralosen drops his boltgun and readies his axe, drawing the huge crescent adorned with skulls along its non-edged side. The electric pads that make-up his palms crackle with energy at the touch of the magnificent weapon. His towering height becomes all the more apparent- were it not mid-day you might mistake his fist wrapped around the weapons pommel for that of a man in power-armor. "I do not intend to be merciful."

A valve in his upper arm hisses with the sudden burst of pressure as he swings with killer intent.

Gotta get these bonuses right. 39 base, +10 from Mecharius
+10% to hit for the Explorator's next attack.
+10 from hulking size
+5 from good quality weapon

[roll0]vs 64

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-04, 03:38 AM
Rufius, now carried along by the flow of his own rhetoric, is further incensed by the theft of the God-Emperor's cleansing flame.

Do not befoul the holy implements of His chosen warriors with your vile paws, infidel!

All-Out Attack: [roll0] vs 76 (Base 51+5 for weapon quality+20 for AoA)
Damage: [roll1] Pen 2

In case of Fury:
All-Out Attack: [roll2] vs 76 (Base 51+5 for weapon quality+20 for AoA)
Damage: [roll3] Pen 2

Is that how it works? Or is it vs base WS?

Xenopax
2017-12-04, 03:48 AM
Nemo analyzes the battlefield. Lord Machirus was handling well with his weapon and could go without help. The missionary was overcome with Fury at the Heretics. The techpriest was doing well. Nemo decides to go for the stone. Even though all of his Inquistor training said to slaughter the heretics he holds back and runs for the stone. On the way he makes a shot at a different Gunman.
I use a half action to run and a half action to shoot any gunman. Hope my last rolls luck holds out.

ribblle
2017-12-04, 08:00 AM
GODDAMNIT. I'LL HAVE THAT SWORD!

[roll0]≤20

The gunwoman steels herself for pain

[roll1]≤1

ribblle
2017-12-04, 08:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/hJ6RtpW.gif

1 down, 1 badly wounded.

As it turns out, the flamer is still quite close...

https://i.imgur.com/ePfsGEV.gif

[roll0]≤59

[roll1]≤54

[roll2] pen 2

Stop drop and rolls (if hit)

[roll3]≤39

[roll4]≤34

Fire damage if failed

[roll5] +1 level of fatigue

[roll6] +1 level of fatigue

[roll7]≤39

[roll8]≤5

The servoskull still hasn't adjusted for the thick smoke protecting the other gunman.

ribblle
2017-12-04, 08:38 AM
Ralosen's missed blow craters the ground, and bullets rip through the smoke. Towards Nemo, of course.

[roll0]≤48 pen 3

ribblle
2017-12-04, 08:53 AM
His luck holding, Nemo races towards the stone firing right back at the flash of gunfire

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3mZ7ay7ln4Z2Y9UI/giphy.gif

[roll0]≤29 (-20 because of smoke)

[roll1] pen 7

It's one run away.

Xenopax
2017-12-04, 09:07 AM
Nemo breaks into a full sprint to the stone and picks it up. Lord Machirus I have the stone! The Mmnemolith is in safe hands. I put the mmneolith somewhere safe on my body.
I use a full action to run for the rock. I get it and put it in my pocket. Then I inform lord Machirus.

ribblle
2017-12-04, 09:08 AM
Oooh, i forgot. This is a market, it would make sense for stuff to catch fire... and you've been fighting in the same couple of metres for 2 rounds now. Which means, more rolls to avoid burning!

https://i.imgur.com/E3boIPI.gif

[roll0]≤39

[roll1]≤34

[roll2]≤35

Fire damage if failed

[roll3] +1 level of fatigue

[roll4] +1 level of fatigue

[roll5] +1 level of fatigue

[roll6]≤39

[roll7]≤35

[roll8]≤35

Good news is, the gunwoman is out of commission this round. Bad news is, so is Rufius. Neither of you have actually taken any damage yet.

Hypersmith
2017-12-04, 09:15 AM
Turning to the irritant flamethrower, Ralosen thunders across the ground, axe a sweeping arc towards the offender. If any of them would have the luck to survive and be interrogated, it shouldn't be the one trying to burn them all to death.

CHARGE 39+20+10+10+5
[roll0] vs 84 for [roll1]pen 7

Xenopax
2017-12-04, 09:21 AM
TRy to keep one alive so that we may put them to the torture!

ribblle
2017-12-04, 09:39 AM
https://i.imgur.com/DCyfguZ.gif

She goes from the metaphorical to the slightly more literal version of a headless chicken.

If Rufius wants to fate point his way out of that roll;

[roll0]≤34

If he doesn't

[roll1]+ 1 level of fatigue

[roll2]≤35

PotatoGolem
2017-12-04, 10:48 AM
Macharius runs down the last gunman.Surrender now or die like your worthless colleagues. Explorator, if he fails to see reason, kindly come remove his limbs

Charge! [roll0], goal is 52. If hit, [roll1], pen 5. +10 to hit for the explorator.

ribblle
2017-12-04, 11:11 AM
He spits in your face, if the forcefield will let him;

[roll0]>1

and tries to block your blade with his bracer.

[roll1]≤12

Guess he lost that arm if not his life

Hypersmith
2017-12-04, 01:51 PM
Feeling the flow of the battle slow, Ralosen decides to speak with the final gunman. He drops his axe in haste, and his arm grasps out at the final gunman. "Speak well cur. Your life is forfeit."
The servo-skull hovers down near his shoulder, red dot trained on the mans skull

CHAAAARGE+grapple
[roll0] vs 79
servo-skull is moving towards us, half aim, no shoot.

ribblle
2017-12-04, 03:10 PM
Well, we know where his reaction for next round is going. Rufius might still deal with him as initiative suggests, but whatevs.

[roll0]≤42

ribblle
2017-12-04, 03:20 PM
Gushing blood from the stump of his arm, armbarred and outnumbered, the gunman keeps kicking.

[roll0]≤35 vs [roll1]≤48

Roaring, he flips and takes the hulking cyborg with him, throwing him onto his back. With his one remaining arm he lifts him up by the throat with eyes full of hate.

Hypersmith
2017-12-04, 03:47 PM
Held aloft by the man with one arm, Ralosens left eye sparks and glows a bright, malevolent red.

"Permission to kill?"

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-H96if_5iZvA/VCXs6VKM_II/AAAAAAAAEnI/a1B86jhFtFw/w800-h800/Cybernetic%2Beye%2Blaser%2Bgif.gif

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-04, 05:58 PM
Bereft of enemies to smite in the name of the Emperor, Rufius stares about, spies a single enemy left, and runs at him, hollering at the top of his voice, and swinging his still-bloody blade in great arcs, trailing a fine mist of blood.

Divine Justice comes for you!

As it requires a double move to reach this final villain, words are the strongest weapon with which His servant is currently armed.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-04, 06:14 PM
Macharius sighs. "I had rather hoped to take one alive for questioning, but it does appear your honor is at stake. Permission granted."

(No color because I'm on my phone)

Hypersmith
2017-12-04, 06:52 PM
There is a moment of silent after the permission, followed by two rapid flashes of light and the distinctive sound of a hellgun - if you knew no better, you'd think the left side of his head had just got shot. A moment after the blasts, smoke rises gently from the eyesocket, and the host of small wires leading up the eye through the neck and temple thrum with coolant procedures. Ralosens head cranks back into position from the recoil.

"Unfit to lay hands on the blessings of the Omnissiah."

Semi auto burst from point blank range with my Baleful eye
[roll0] trying to beat a 72.
shot 1 damage [roll1] pen 3
shot 2 damage [roll2] pen 3

PotatoGolem
2017-12-04, 08:44 PM
Capital shooting, my good man! With the battle over, Macharius powers off his sword and gun and hands the blade to a lackey for cleaning.Jenkins, put about the station that House Absalom will spare no expense to find the vile miscreant who had his minions slaughter so many innocents, et cetera, et cetera. And pay death benefits to the families. I don't know what a commoner goes for these days, so have one of the factors figure it out. He turns to Nemo.

Nemo, you did excellently in that fight. You're clearly no valet. This wasn't your first fight, nor the first man you've killed. So you're not the man you held yourself out to be. However, were you a foe, you'd have had the perfect opportunity to kill me. Instead, you risked your life for me. So, who are you?

Xenopax
2017-12-04, 09:13 PM
What do you mean Lord? I am but a humble Valet who may or may not have had inquisitorial training
Nemo smiles knowingly.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-04, 10:59 PM
Inquisitorial training, eh? I take it from your presence here and demeanor that you were not blessed with joining the Holy Ordos? Ah, but their loss may be our gain, my friend!
For you see, I currently lack a Master of Whispers, and your success in infiltrating our merry band speaks volumes to your qualifications. The position is yours, unless you'd rather be a valet than a spymaster, hohoho!

Xenopax
2017-12-04, 11:21 PM
I am honored by your offer Lord. I wholeheartedly accept your offer. Nemo does a traditional Bow to lord machirus.

Hypersmith
2017-12-05, 02:26 AM
Meanwhile, Ralosen has collected his scattered weaponry and the "bird" from earlier. He takes a moment to instruct a member of the slowly regathering escort on what mechanical pieces he expects within the hour for the addition of small pincers on his servo-skull. He then approaches the newly enlisted Nemo and Mecharius. Monotone voice already moving on to the next topic.

"I will find someplace appropriate for myself once aboard the vessel. Bring the mnemolith to Dray. Let him continue his explanation. For both device and gunmen."

Xenopax
2017-12-05, 03:05 AM
Nemo heads over to Dray. He helps him pick himself up and says to him Please continue your explanation old one. You have much to say especially about the origin of these gunmen who have the affront to assault A holy missionary, A techpriest and an Inquisitor.

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-05, 03:26 AM
Once the adrenalin fades, Rufius remembes that he really isn't that brave, doesn't actually have the most rock solid faith in the omniprescence of the God Emperor, and frankly isn't very brave.

Looking about at the absolute carnage they have wrought - a bloody mess enemies and civilians - he is visibly shaken. Yet duty must be done. However reluctant a missionary he may be, he still is a missionary.

Behold, oh citizens of Port Wander station, he intones, how the enemies of the God-Emperor are laid waste, how the righteous prevail. In the words of Saint Drusus himself ... He goes on for a little while, extolling the virtues of faith and the folly of the lack thereof.

Then, he goes to each of the fallen in turn, dispensing a final blessing to the civilians - and checking each of the enemies for signs of who they are, or who they serve.

Luckily, Rufius' Fel is really good, so here goes:
Orator: [roll0] vs. 33. Poor Rufius might need some situational modifiers to ever be really great at this =)

Hypersmith
2017-12-05, 06:24 PM
Ralosen completely misses Rufius' discomfort. He approaches him after he finishes speaking and is searching the bodies - while Nemo is off fetching Dray. "Why concern yourself with the gunners? You yourself said they earned death. They earned more honor than they deserve by laying hands on us already. Leave them for the scavengers to pick over."

ribblle
2017-12-10, 09:35 AM
Nemo finds Dray huddled behind the ruins of his stall. "I'm sorry -"

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oxHQmhbXntrFpob7O/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/JPtpMyD4jIYBa/giphy.gif

A squad of about a dozen heavily armed Arbites fans out behind a man in shades, who takes in the crime scene for a long moment. As the flames are extinguished and the 13 bodies are wrapped up, he turns to you.

https://i.imgur.com/1zYJRuY.gif

"Anything we should know?"

Xenopax
2017-12-10, 09:41 AM
These men assaulted us.
As an Inquisitor i suspect they were tainted by Chaos.
I recommend you to do a complete search of the station for elements of heresy.

ribblle
2017-12-10, 10:01 AM
https://i.imgur.com/18fQcbb.gif

"But you can't show me proof because you left it with your space marine cousin am i right?"

You do indeed have the papers, and while you're not a full-fledged inquisitor they don't know that

Xenopax
2017-12-10, 10:06 AM
Nemo is insulted by the man questioning him. You dare to question me?
I have the papers to prove myself although i doubt one of your standard is even worthy to touch them.
I let him see my papers. Now off with you before I send in
a report to your superiors about your obstruction of me.

ribblle
2017-12-10, 10:28 AM
His pupils widen into small globes of fear. The spines of every arbitrator within earshot visibly straightens.

"Sir yes sir!"

Dray lifts his head from his hands. "I just can't remember who it was. Too many drinks. Too much time. I've told this tale before, too often; bits and pieces over the years. Someone must have been listening after all."

PotatoGolem
2017-12-10, 10:58 AM
Excellent, jolly good show old chap! Good to see people are maintaining standards out here in the hinterlands, what? Macharius claps Nemo on the shoulder. He then turns to Dray. Now, if you've told this to many people, we'd better get on with it, hadn't we? Tell us everything. And if you have a ship, send round some armsmen so there's no more mucking about with silliness like ambushes.

ribblle
2017-12-10, 11:45 AM
"If i had a ship, you think i'd look like this?" Dray gives a sad chuckle. "It's true, your uncle left you a ship. I visit it every few years; she's beautiful again. Nothing left but a rusty chassis when we crawled in all those years ago.

No, he didn't trust me with the money, or the freedom, or respect!" Dray's old, gnarled hands clench. "But he trusted my word. And i swore i would see this in your hands."

https://i.imgur.com/g7UbR8R.gif

His face cracks into a smile.

https://media.giphy.com/media/14srEZ3bnoysUM/giphy.gif

PotatoGolem
2017-12-10, 11:55 AM
Macharius grins broadly. Well then, lads, we should take this discussion somewhere more convivial. Gentlemen, let us retire to my new flagship. Dray, you can fill us in on everything there.

Xenopax
2017-12-10, 11:57 AM
"We thank you for your service and loyalty old one. If you wish to travel the stars again....

Nemo leaves the rest of the idea unsaid.

Hypersmith
2017-12-10, 01:11 PM
'I'm surprised he hasn't lost the ship. The sooner any such responsibility is out of his hands the better." There is no attempt to conceal. Ralosen speaks plainly.

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-10, 01:48 PM
Frankly, one elderly gentleman against such opposition as we just faced - I'm impressed he managed to hold on to it.

Xenopax
2017-12-10, 07:59 PM
"I agree. It is extremely impressive that he managed to keep hold of it with people attacking him for it. Although he makes it sound like your uncle cheated him in some way."
Nemo turns to the missionary.
"I apologize but I never caught your name?"

ribblle
2017-12-11, 08:26 AM

https://i.imgur.com/oagz1kZ.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeiFWZ0bNZc&feature=youtu.be

Your presence has been made known. You've been taken on a whirlwind tour of the ship, sparks flying through half of it as the finishing touches are applied. It will take a long time before you get used to the knotted layout and sprawl of packed, curious bodies. According to your self-proclaimed First Officers fervent apologies your chiefs of staff have been sent out on a much-needed team-building exercise but he has nevertheless talked your ear off on every corner of the ship. Names and parts and faces swim through your mind; histories and secrets; the squawking of the Miasmick clan brought in to man the ship and still squabbling over housing dockets.

The six of you enter the bridge to find company already waiting.

https://i.imgur.com/yp8t9Hu.jpg

"Hello, Captain Macharius. Nemo. I thought you'd like the results of my investigation in person?"

Dray rummages in a corner and cooing happily, helps himself to some shandy.

"I am Marshall Valderan, and you were attacked by employees of Hadarak Fel, a rogue trader with more of a history then most." A techy helpfully brings up his pict.

https://i.imgur.com/F7k4L5n.jpg

"Pict-feeds suggest a psyber-raven was deployed to seize that mnemolith; our working assumption is that the robot deployed nanites to access the communique and abandoned it once it had it's intel. In short, they know what you know.

I have no proof of Hadarak's direct intervention, and your level of inquisitorial clearance will not allow me to file a case. I can only give you advice; he's the hands-off type. Don't expect to slash your way through this one.

If that will be all, i'm a busy woman. Oh, and nice ship. Unmissable, you know what i mean?"

She rises to her feet and begins to depart in one smooth motion.

"Ahhh." Dray swills his shandy a little with a satisfied look before speaking.

"Hadarak. Yes, that sounds right. Almost as old as me. With rejuvenants like that i could look 60 again."

https://i.imgur.com/EEnF6Kj.jpg opens his mouth, closes it, and stands to attention.

Xenopax
2017-12-11, 08:46 AM
Nemo tells the lady What's the rush? Take a drink with you? Nemo pours a glass of Shandy for her. What about you lord Machirus? and you Rufius? I assume that you do not drink Ralosen? He pours Them all a drink. Nemo is exuberant that he finally gets to leave the packed space station.

ribblle
2017-12-11, 08:51 AM
Next time, offer me the drink before you give me a headache.

She leaves, Dray happily clinks your glass. Quin looks at the shanty hungrily but watches Macharius.

Xenopax
2017-12-11, 08:54 AM
Nemo notices the look from Quin and pours an extra glass. He then winks at Quin.
How'd I give her a headache? And Nemo is going to take her up on her offer next time he ends up here.:smallwink:

PotatoGolem
2017-12-11, 09:30 AM
At ease, Quin. Although this situation calls for something far nicer than shandy. Jenkins, fetch a thousand-year scotch. The good one from Segmentum Solar should do quite nicely for such an occasion. And some more quail eggs and honeyed partridge tongues, nothing too heavy.

Macharius looks around the bridge with a satisfied expression and sits on the command throne. Well, this is a jolly good turn of events now isn't it? An invigorating fight to get the blood flowing, a nice hike, and now we know what rotter sent those cads after us. A lovely ship, Quin. And a proper navy-style bridge, quite commendable. Not a bad afternoon at all.

He reaches out without looking to take the glass of scotch that costs more than some small cities, gives a contented sigh, then waves the butler over to pour for the rest of the gang. Ahh, delightful

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-11, 09:35 AM
Rufius grabs the drink like a drowning man a log, and drinks like a thirsty man a glass of water. He does look regretfully at the glass, after, lamenting such a fine drink coming to such an undeserved end.

... all the blessings of the Emperor ... he mumbles.

If we can't slash our way through this one, he calls to the retreating back of the marshall, can we perhaps burn out way through it?

He pauses.

I mean, it can't hurt to ask, right?

Hypersmith
2017-12-11, 01:35 PM
Ralosen seems more at ease in the belly of the ship than among the people milling outside. He is certainly more conversational. Finding no seating of appropriate size, he remains standing. He watches the Marshall leave, speaking only after she is gone. "I will invest some time in finding something similar to the bird. Such a companion can come in useful someday."

In response to Nemos question, Ralosen raises a hand and grips one of the respirator tubes connected to his neck, twisting and opening it. Beneath you can barely see the raw off-red flesh of his esophagus - or what remains of it. The makeshift orifice begins to close in a fashion similar to a camera shutter, as though anticipating a straw of some sorts. He seals the tube once more and speaks. "I find no pleasure in drinking so I do not, but I am capable of drinking if I desire."

"Seems speed will be a greater ally than flame here missionary. Let us partake in what this ship has to offer, while we can." With a nod to Macharius. "It is good knowing our commander has his wits about him. Quin - what about our navigator? Will he not join us?"

Xenopax
2017-12-11, 02:16 PM
After seeing the tec priest open up his neck, Nemo pours him a drink.

Hypersmith
2017-12-11, 02:21 PM
Ralosen waves a hand at Nemo. "I would prefer not."

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-11, 02:24 PM
Throughout the history of our glorious Empire it has been proven time and again that - if righteous flame failed to solve your problem,
you likely used too little.

Even so, I admit it's something of an inflexible tool.

Xenopax
2017-12-11, 02:30 PM
"Our holy Fire is the embodiment of the emperor's will. Also ralosen my pistol has not recieved blessings and ointment in a while. It's machine spirit aches. Could you help it?"

Hypersmith
2017-12-11, 03:07 PM
Ralosen extends a hand, accepting Nemos weapon. "I observed it in battle. I will speak with it in private, and return it when appeased."

Just gonna roll a tech-use now for this, but its something done in private since the MIU is anchored in my cyber-mantle.
[roll0] vs 54

ribblle
2017-12-11, 03:44 PM
Quin sups the scotch delicately, and presses a button on the desk as you talk. "Rolf, please see the captain."

https://i.imgur.com/t54TPz0.jpg

The spindly navigator strides into the bridge and looks you all over. His eyes hover on the fresh bullet holes in the armour showing through Nemo's shredded valet uniform, and rest on his pocket.

Greetings from the house of Rose Day, Captain Absalom. I believe my services have something to do with this. He plucks the black stone from Nemo's pocket and turns to swipe the second drink poured for Quin. He looks at the stone for a concentrated moment and then places it in his pocket. He turns back to the table, tasting the scotch as he pulls up a seat to unwind in.

I see a flickering star. A nebula in a vast void, holding a dusty little world hostage under a frozen crown. Oblique directions, even for me. He takes another gulp of the scotch and looks at the captain expectantly.

How'd I give her a headache?

If you can't figure it out, i sure ain't telling ya!

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-11, 04:32 PM
Rufius searches his mind for any references to scripture or saintly legends about a place such as what Quin describes.

Because why not.

I don't actually have anything fancyful like astrogation, but I'ma roll:
Forbidden Lore: [roll0] vs 42.
I also have common and scholastic lore, but those are Imperial Creed, and I'm pretty sure the Imperial Creed doesn't magicall point to the planet in question.

Drawing a blank, he still feels he should contribute something to the conversation.

Did not Saint Wolfenzahn the Unbending fight the Beast of Thrice-Damned Stars upon a frozen world in the Adrantis Nebula? I do forget the name of the planet, though.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-11, 11:04 PM
I see. Do you have any suggestions as to where we start looking? The galaxy is rather a large place, after all, to go looking for one nebula. And it does mostly consist of vast void,
from what I have been told. Gentlemen, do any of you have insight? If we have no other leads, we could also keep an eye out for Rogue Trader- affiliated ships leaving the station, either those known to work for Fel or those whose provenance is unknown, to see if our effetely dapper foe has any better ideas than we.

ribblle
2017-12-12, 11:44 AM
Perhaps if you told me what this is a map of i could be of some assistance.

"We're heading for the maw lad. We're hunting the Righteous Path!"

I see.

"Let me think..."

[roll0]≤20

Xenopax
2017-12-12, 11:51 AM
"I'm afraid that I don't know what you are referring to. Where's the maw? What's the righteous path?" Nemo is clearly confused.

ribblle
2017-12-12, 03:32 PM
"I have it! Winterscale's blasted realm. Full of lonely dying stars - hmm? Son, the maw's what we call the Koronus Passage. Gate to the Expanse. Well worth the trouble, but no mistake, it has teeth.

What we want, is Winterscale's claim out there in the borderlands. Maybe the best charted region, without a doubt the richest. With some luck we can track down a map to the Righteous Path in harbour and finally claim my - our treasure."

Dray looks troubled. "Yes, the best charted. Trouble is, none of them agree. Might take a fair bit of time to find something decent the usual way for our hidden gem."

Hypersmith
2017-12-12, 03:44 PM
Ralosen takes a step closer to the command throne and leans down to whisper to Macharius. "How long do you plan to keep Drey aboard? He has given us what we need. We have no further use for an old man clinging to lost dreams."

PotatoGolem
2017-12-12, 09:37 PM
Macharius whispers back, barely audible, his lips hardly appearing to move. A loyal retainer is worth much, Lord Explorator. Unlike your machines and servitors, men have whims and fickle hearts. A servant of true, unshakeable loyalty is a treasure not to be idly squandered. An it appears this man has borne much for his loyalty to House Absalom. He could have fled his duty, neglected to inform me, sold the mnemolith to our rival and retired in luxury. And yet he did not. He endured in poverty for his loyalty to my family. His faith must be rewarded, and his devotion may prove useful yet.

Macharius raises his voice. Gentlemen! It appears we have our destination. Let us prepare to seek it. Lieutenant Quin, Dray, Navigator Day, seek out any charts or knowledge as to Winterscale's Realm, that we may find our prize the sooner. Lieutenant, see to it that the men are ready to depart with all due haste. Send the Master-at-Arms to me- our little dust-up has shown the wisdom of an honor guard. My friends, if you require any provisions or equipment from this port, now is the time to obtain it.

Xenopax
2017-12-12, 11:49 PM
Nemo takes Machirus's advice and request the best chainsword he could find. Recent experience had taught him that he was out of touch with a gun. How hard could it be to hit someone with a sword?
I rolled on the OOC.

Hypersmith
2017-12-13, 11:29 AM
Ralosen excuses himself to have appropriate size space and equipment garnered for him while he oversees the acquisition of some medical facilities for his own interests. Since the ship lacks extensive supplies in that regard, the matter must be taken into his own hands.

ribblle
2017-12-13, 04:32 PM
I'll make some calls.

Rolf departs, playing with the stone in his pocket. Quin jumps back to his vox station. "Ivan, double time to the captain and triple the guard." "Yes sir!" You hear a switch flick. "Miasmicks, prepare for dust-off ASAP. Kiss your monkeys, earn your lawsuits, buy your vitamins. We're going through the Maw!"

The muffled uproar of excited discussion and frenzied movement reaches you even through plassteel walls. Quin wipes his face with a dainty silk composite. "The navy might be willing to share. Whelk, take over." A large pudgy voidsman salutes and stands ready to assist, Quin walking away chewing his lip.

Dray raises his empty glass to the light and squints. "I'll see what's to be heard in the watering holes. Going to need a few sailors with their wits about them though." Whelk nods.

As you finish placing your orders, a good-looking man wearing a stetson, flak armour and a smile strolls in, flanked by 6 alert armsmen. "Hello Boss. Consider yourself taken care of. What kind of action can i tease the boys with?" The "boys" scatter throughout the room as your security detail quietly instructs them.

The pict-feed flashes to life.

https://i.imgur.com/oRzy5ie.png

"Hello Captain. No two ways about this sir. We screwed up. No one in the department has got any sleep because of the repairs, it won't happen again.

We couldn't acquire those Lathe blades; seems the shipments got sucked up by a war fleet on it's way to Armageddon. Since the Mechanicus gear isn't in, we put up some ads around the station to buy Mechandrites but it seems all the Mechanicus use "Ad-block?" We've redirected some funds to getting that proscripted.

Good news is, we've arranged for Mr Nemo's Chainsword and Explorator Ralosen's orders..."

Beads of sweat glisten on his forehead. Ivan scratches his beard.

"There was some confusion over shipping. Unusual solar fluctuations, docking licensing issues, the works to be honest. The chainsword is going to be conveyed on foot in about 8 days and they should be able to extract the Frenzon from the gravity well in a month. We've lined up a lovely Grapplehawk model, flying off the shelves, um no pun intended but we had to out-house it. Best we could do was a year. We will improve sir."

Quin walks into view with an annoyed look and nods pointedly at the door. He immediately scurries off. The feed shrinks to the left of the screen, joined by a shaky uplink from one of Port Wander's better bars where Dray is toking up a small cloud next to a contemplative looking long-bearded man in E.S. overalls, and on the right a stream of Rolf's steady gaze within his satin quarters.

"I can stroke a few feathers but i'm afeared if we talk to enough chickens we might attract a few foxes. I'll save you some of this grass Nemo." "I have a better offer. I've discussed with a private, and esteemed cartographer on our dilemma and he's agreed to furnish us with the map on condition that we convey some cargo he would much rather was out of port. Quite fervently."

"The navy will give us the map, but i don't trust those money-grubbing bureaucrats any more then i have too. They wouldn't even talk to us until i divulged our interests in Qyrel! Alright, the navy is likely uninterested in any of our "slight matters". But i'd rather we didn't encourage them, our marketeers are struggling enough."

PotatoGolem
2017-12-13, 09:18 PM
Capital! Master-at-Arms, it seems you anticipated my order- I need a squad of the finest, most loyal armsmen on the ship. Guardsmen! You shall be mere guardsmen no longer. Henceforth, you shall be Absalom Praetorians, my elite bodyguard. I am a demanding taskmaster, and much will be asked of you. You will be pushed hard, made to train ever harder, and brought to fight alongside me in the most perilous situations. But as great as the task shall be, so too will the reward and the glory. Master-at-Arms, ensure that the Praetorians receive the finest in weapons, armor, and training. Give them double rations, and ensure their quarters are comfortable. Let their names and faces be known among the armsmen, and ensure that the glorious deeds they accomplish in my service are spread throughout the crew.

ribblle
2017-12-14, 04:17 AM
Glorious.

Do I have the go-ahead Captain?

Xenopax
2017-12-14, 09:04 AM
Nemo opens up a comlink with Lathe supplier on the space station. He was told that it would take 2 weeks for it to come but that was much too long! After it connect he says I had put in an order for a Chainsword and An Eviscirator. I was informed that the chainsword will take 8 days and the Other one 2 weeks. That is much too long.As an Inquisitor of the Holy Emperor I am putting in a request for the weapons to be delivered quickly. I have a planet that will die from a Daemonic Incursion if I don't get there by tomorrow and deliver the emperor's grace to a Chaos Cult. Now I can't do that without those weapons!

[roll0]
[roll1]

PotatoGolem
2017-12-14, 01:59 PM
Permission granted, Navigator.
Well done

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-14, 03:19 PM
Feeling that everyone else is pulling their weight, and the he himself is sort of just tagging along, Rufius resolves to earn his pay.

First, he goes to the new Honor Guard, the Praetorians of House Absalom:

Captain - praetorians, he begins, know ye that you now stand under the direct gaze of the God-Emperor himself. For sure as Macharius of House Absalom is radiant with the light of the Emperor upon him, so too are his closest and most trusted guardians blessed as few.

In the words of Saint Albus "and these guardians of truth and light, these blessed souls who stand at the shoulders of His chosen, unto those chosen few shall be given His Grace and Blessing, and they shall live forever in his sight." *Wave the autocenser, mumble blessings, sprinkle holy water recently upgraded from the faucet.

Next, Rufius will put in a call to whatever merchant cartel House Macharius has influence with - or, conversely, any that wants to be on good terms with the ecclesiarchy - and give them the godly rumble. Choice bits include:

- The God-Emperor commands it!
- The Terrors of the Pit and the Torments of Hell await those who attend to this task with less than the very utmost urgency!
- This matter is of the very highest urgency, and word of your swift and competent handling of it shall reach the High Ecclesiarch of this Sector forthwith!
- Saints be with you, loyal servant of the God-Emperor, and go with His blessing, and those of every cleric within a thousand lightyears!

I'ma roll ... 3. Seems a decent number. Apply as needed?
One: [roll0]
And'a two: [roll1]
And a one, two, three: [roll2]

Oratory is still, like, 32 (I could look it up, but it's deplorably low regardless). High bonuses for RP are welcome =)

Edit: Well. Rufius is, after all, not entirely convinced of the God-Emprah. It seems the feeling is mutual.

Xenopax
2017-12-14, 03:36 PM
(I'm going to assume that I succeeded in my intimidate rolls. ) after Nemo closes the com link with the merchants he goes and picks up his Baleful eye. He then goes and gets it inserted. He then shows it off to Ralosen and Rufius. "Like my new eye? I can burn heretics with naught but my gaze as the emperor did. Now I just need my eviscirator. Also ralosen can you implant cybernetics with your current equipment?"

Hypersmith
2017-12-14, 04:00 PM
Ralosen appears concerned at the Nemos latest acquisition. At least, as concerned as one can look with only a few inches of visible flesh. His tinny voice does not help the confusion.
"Congratulations on your improved purity, but be aware of the danger. Such items are rare and carry deep histories behind them. Take your time to learn it, for they often have deep pride, and unlike your pistol if you invoke its wrath the machine is mere inches from your brain. Misuse will regularly cost you half your vision, but respect will cost your foes dearly. I can implant some minor cybernetics, but lack the appropriate facilities and equipment with which to do so at the moment, particularly without my requested mechadendrite. I would not recommend the risk. Do you plan to further sanctify yourself?"

Xenopax
2017-12-14, 07:31 PM
Ralosen appears concerned at the Nemos latest acquisition. At least, as concerned as one can look with only a few inches of visible flesh. His tinny voice does not help the confusion.
"Congratulations on your improved purity, but be aware of the danger. Such items are rare and carry deep histories behind them. Take your time to learn it, for they often have deep pride, and unlike your pistol if you invoke its wrath the machine is mere inches from your brain. Misuse will regularly cost you half your vision, but respect will cost your foes dearly. I can implant some minor cybernetics, but lack the appropriate facilities and equipment with which to do so at the moment, particularly without my requested mechadendrite. I would not recommend the risk. Do you plan to further sanctify yourself?"
"Of course! Once I have a good doctor and the necessary bionics most of my body systems will be replaced with holy metal. By doing so I may both become closer to the omnissiah and serve the imperium better."

PotatoGolem
2017-12-14, 08:53 PM
When Macharius returns from wheeling and dealing with the Navy and gets filled in on the state of affairs, he is briefly silent. He stops and stares at the First Officer and high seneschal for a good thirty seconds, letting the weight of his displeasure sink in. We are leaving. Immediately.No vox or astropathic communication with merchants unless it is routed to me first. Am I understood, lieutenant?

Xenopax
2017-12-14, 09:58 PM
"I apologize lord. I had heard that the Maw was an extremely dangerous area and given my lack of expertise with my gun I thought we should have some better weapons in order to keep you safe. It shall not happen again. I would give them back to you but I'm afraid that I have already implanted them."

PotatoGolem
2017-12-16, 01:33 PM
Macharius is back to his usual fine spirits as his bridge officers return, turning from the ashamed looking Quin and High Factotum.

Quite understandable, old boy. Happens to the best of us at times. Gearing up for an expedition can be quite overwhelming, and more than a few fine chaps throw prudence to the wind the first time. We'll just have to clear up these spots of bother, and we'll be on our way in no time.

Xenopax
2017-12-17, 10:21 AM
Thank you lord. Anything I can do to help speed up the departure?

ribblle
2017-12-20, 12:20 AM
https://i.imgur.com/7djO5zD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fpNox4z.png

https://i.imgur.com/LI1anoI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wpHkias.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C4BF0ZQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6v7xyNo.jpg

The mapmakers shipment of illicit books has arrived. According to Navigator Day nothing truly heretical, simply - inconvenient. Footfall is their destination. Missive's are handed to Nemo and Rufius as the purchases are signed off and the speeding tickets paid;

You triggered every single flag we have for purchasing these weapons, your shell companies are a who's who of tech heresy and yet - and yet - your clearance suffices. Even for the Inquisition this is too much. Do not repeat this or the next blade will be delivered personally by the Ordo Hereticus.

We add this fuel to the fire of the emperor's light, enough to last any missionary.

The Praetorians are clearly pleased with their new kit

https://i.imgur.com/leG7hGP.jpg

and the sergeant accepts the masterfully wrought chainsword with enormous pride.

Looking closer, their gleaming carapace is embossed with the ensignia of seemingly every local house, adorning the soles of their feet to the engraved tips of their fingers. Graciously, Absalom's sigil has been granted centre stage on their crowded chest.

A steady stream of genteel invitations are also unloaded, finally drying up with an welcome to a Gala and a dance with a "demure debutante" in 50 years. The clerks thumbing through them load them into several crates and carefully haul them away.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QKnufP-_LEg/T2HwmVMScHI/AAAAAAAAN5g/ZboYPNL5QUQ/s1600/EFLA_surgeongeneral-424x318.jpg

Nemo's surgery is well under way.

A tremor of anticipation and acceleration runs through the ship. Dray stumbles into the bridge. "Don feear, i threwww a bottle."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pix_BC5JTlA

Sir, any words before we warp?

PotatoGolem
2017-12-20, 10:21 AM
Certainly. Engage all shipboard voxes, that all may hear me. He pauses for dramatic effect. Crewmen of the Emperor's Scrutiny! You stand on the brink of glory unseen since the days of Saint Drusus himself!

The speech goes on for a bit, talking about honor, glory, duty, the God-Emperor's will, vast riches, and the like. The captain is in his element; Macharius is clearly a highly trained orator. The speech reaches its crescendo, Macharius almost shouting into the vox.

For glory! For the God-Emperor! And for Absalom! He drops the vox and nods to the helmsman. Engage the engines.

Xenopax
2017-12-20, 10:41 AM
Nemo is glad to be back in his element. On the move and on the hunt. He asks Machirus "Well spoken Lord. I feel very enthusiastic about the upcoming journey. I pray the emperor gives us a event free travel. Although I wouldn't say no to a heretic or two that I may kill. Is there anything that you would like me to do or may I go and converse with the crew that are not currently working?"
I get 3 attacks per round. One from my MIU weapons unit (I attached my old las pistol) one from my eye and one from the eviscirator. Pretty good for a space accountant. Also I didn't get the grapple hawk right? Just asking cause the photo is there

ribblle
2017-12-20, 10:54 AM
https://i.giphy.com/media/gvM1SaOAoOwaA/giphy-downsized-large.gif

https://i.imgur.com/AeSR7it.jpg

Ready for the warp landlubber?

[roll0]≤35

ribblle
2017-12-20, 10:56 AM
[roll0]+20

Rufius's phobia of Muck-lurks reemerges. Whenever he rolls a 9 within this warp journey, he believes he sees one.

ribblle
2017-12-20, 10:59 AM
[roll0]≤54

Xenopax
2017-12-20, 11:03 AM
A smile appears on Nemo's face. While he despised space stations and didn't like being planet Bound he loved to be on Warp ships. The primal forces of the warp begged him to come and deliver the emperors light to the poor damned souls living inside of it.

ribblle
2017-12-20, 11:05 AM
(Should have done this first, but oh well)

[roll0]≤54

ribblle
2017-12-20, 11:10 AM
[roll0]

[roll1]≤44

All's well! Lucky bunny.

Hypersmith
2017-12-20, 11:10 AM
Ralosen has been strangely absent since the delivery. The wait and lack of mechadendrite had made him terse and irritable, and he had subsequently avoided the bridge. A few minutes into Mecharius speech, he makes his reappearance, new companion perched on his broad shoulder. The bird-like machine cocked its head to the side, taking in the surroundings. The servo-skull zipped in behind him as he took a seat in the largest appropriate chair available. Where it previously had a red-dot sight in one eye socket and the tip of a laspistol poking out the other, it now had a retractable needle in its right, and a tube to receive doses in its left.

There was an apparent ease in Ralosen as the ship left the station. The void was his element. Eventually he spoke aloud, though his words were directed to Mecharius. "I have interest in studying and perfecting the living flesh. I will be taking command as Chief Chirurgeon aboard, in addition to any Omnissaic duties." He looked pointedly at Mecharius, the implicit request in his statement clear.

ribblle
2017-12-20, 11:28 AM
Or is it...

Captain, the warp grows thick. We can brave it or wait, but it may take days to calm.

Meanwhile, Nemo's surgery has become yet more extensive...

https://i.imgur.com/lSfNEbV.jpg

[roll0]≤30

[roll1]≤40

[roll2] days

The grapplehawk is Ralosen's ;)

ribblle
2017-12-20, 11:36 AM
They've carved too deep into the meat of your shoulder trying to find a nerve to bridge with. An x-ray really would have helped. Nemo's lost 1 wound (1 left), surgery continues as he's too unconscious to say otherwise;

[roll0]≤30

ribblle
2017-12-20, 11:41 AM
They've changed tack and focused on the nerve cluster at the top of your spine, nicking it. O wounds.

[roll0]≤30

ribblle
2017-12-20, 11:42 AM
They're starting to make progress, bloody as you may be...

[roll0]≤30

ribblle
2017-12-20, 11:45 AM
(Critical) [roll0]

ribblle
2017-12-20, 11:55 AM
He's hemorrhaging! STOP!

Nemo's shoulder is a open, bloody mess.

[roll0]≤30

[roll1]>1

ribblle
2017-12-20, 12:00 PM
Get the Tourniquet!

[roll0]≤30

[roll1]>1

PotatoGolem
2017-12-20, 12:09 PM
Excellent, explorator! Glad to have a man of your talents aboard and keeping us all in fighting shape. Now, would you mind seeing to our Master of Whispers? As I understand it, your predecessor in the post was not quite a master of the chirurgeon's art.

ribblle
2017-12-20, 12:33 PM
Beep. Whelk brings up the message.

https://i.imgur.com/xU4htpH.jpg

Captain, the operation has failed. His right arm is immobile and we can't risk any corrective surgery until the healing process has started. The eye should be installed without issue, but he won't be walking about for at least 2 weeks.

Beep.

"The eddies thicken as we speak. I need a decision, Captain."

ribblle
2017-12-20, 12:41 PM
Oh, almost forgot. Seeing as the ship is quiet...

[roll0]≤35

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-20, 01:24 PM
Rufius has never been in space. Oh, he's been in orbit. What you might call soft-space. He's never been enveloped, whole and entire, but the utter blackness that is the void. Now, Rufius didn't much like being planetside. In part because of the mud. The planet Mud wasn't called that way by chance, it was quite literally a waterlogged world with an average depth of around shin deep.

But the mud would hold the Mud-Lurks. Not a single species of creature, but more of a catch-all of all the horrid, disgusting and ever ravenous tentacled, clawed and fanged abominations the planet had spent the eons since cooling coming up with.

To Rufius, settling this world had been a mistake.

But now he was finding space even less to his liking. He snuck a sideways glance at a view port, the endless gulf of emptiness immediately invinting him in.

Come, it seemed to whisper, I am soft, and dark, and eternal. My embrace is like a lovers. Like silk. Like death.

He pressed himself against the wall. He hyperventilated.

Then the ship entered the warp.

The scream echoed through the long corridors of the ship, and anyone near enough might see Rufius, chainsword in hand, wild-eyed and pale, mumbling - for whatever reason - about mud, and lurks.

Hypersmith
2017-12-20, 01:39 PM
"Perhaps it is worth a delay to get our Master of Whispers in functioning condition once more." Ralosen stands and begins making his way out of the bridge, towards the operation room - he has no formal medicae training, but what better way to learn than to be the heart of it all?

He takes his time getting to Nemo - it is unavoidable, considering the twisting, illogical design of the ship. Once there, his form fills the space. "All activity here goes through me. I will be directing till I find another opportunity for my medicae equipment to be delivered. It is a shame how our man has already suffered. He was rash in undergoing the experiment so soon after another."

Xenopax
2017-12-20, 02:57 PM
Nemo is lying in his bed unconcious. Silently in his mindscape he was fuming. First They knock out his arm then they make him sleep through the best part of the journey. He is seething. forgot I was still in a hospital bed. Ignore my other posts

ribblle
2017-12-20, 03:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/G0WWrfU.gif

https://i.imgur.com/syISoTN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8pITi6u.jpg

The doctor emerges from his office, and leans forward to silence the speakers. "Yes, we need every scrap of equipment we can muster if we must perform to this standard. Pleased to meet you, Explorator Ralosen i believe? My name is Veche." He pulls out a dataslate from a large white pocket, fiddles with it for a second, and hands it to you.

"My treatment plan, an assessment of the crews health and the workings of my staff. I think you'll find all is well, this is the first, aha, "vexing" problem we've had as my assistants like to say." "Since the ship took off" someone mutters.

Veche glares at his suddenly mute physicians.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-20, 04:19 PM
Let us delay for a day or two,
Navigator. No sense dashing ourselves to bits in a warp storm, what? Do you know where we are relative to real space? Can we drop out of the warp to wait it out?

ribblle
2017-12-20, 09:17 PM
"Yes you could Captain. The Stations of Passage are every travelers friend in the Maw." Dray stretches, blearily opening his eyes. "Correct. But i see no need. Not yet."

The ship stalls, losing [roll0] days and morale as murmurs of discontent trickle out among the crew, hungry for treasure.

The tide turns, and you crest the empyrean for 3 days more. Day's message finally rings out; Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsOwFgCCnTg&feature=youtu.be

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bf/e7/aa/bfe7aaa5178ab59356ea70adbe1f85d1.jpg

Dray surveys the scene from his now-habitual rich leather chair. "They call this one the Battleground - who knows why eh? We're in the gullet of the Maw now. You can see what she's been chewing."

Sir, we've received a distress beacon from one of the debris fields. The Penitent Traveller, some kind of pilgrim ship. One of their probes seems to be transmitting; the main vessel won't respond to our calls.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-20, 11:16 PM
A pilgrim ship, eh? What kind of heroes of the Imperium would we be if we didn't at least attempt to render aid? Of course, this may also be a dastardly plot by pirates, xenos, or heretics to lure us in. Ready battle stations and run full sensor sweeps. Approach cautiously, with no sign we are anything other than a merchantman. Send word that the cargo transport Gilded Lily is here to help with evacuation, if that is required.

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-21, 06:16 AM
At the commotion, Rufius shows up on the bridge for the first time since ... when was the last time?!

He looks for all the world as if he hasn't slept a wink since entering the warp days ago - and yet there is a haunted look in his eyes that makes you think that's propably, somehow, for the best. Now back in real-space, you figure some rest should maybe be right at the top of his priorities.

Too bad there's that distress call.

I just looked in on Nemo. Do we have cryotubes? If I get hurt, I think I'd prefer months in cryo to surgery onboard.

Anyways, what's going on? What's that on-screen?

ribblle
2017-12-21, 07:40 AM
Salvation, Missionary. Oh, and only in the escape pods.

https://i.imgur.com/yWynhBE.gif

[roll0]≤45

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-21, 07:57 AM
Just my kind of thing, then, Rufius notes. Although, with the distress signal, I suppose they weren't ....
salvationed?!

Rufius still has his chainsword in hand, engine gently idling but ready at the slightest provocation - or loud noise - to howl into full, furious action.

I could to inspire and bless our weapons crews, I suppose.

In his present condition, maybe a group of really hardened zealots - Red Redemption, for instance - might find Rufius inspiring. The weapons crews, being largely sane and of sound mind, aren't likely to.

ribblle
2017-12-21, 03:50 PM
You close with the Traveller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyoz0PzY5gc&feature=youtu.be

https://i.imgur.com/HNcUXiB.gif

We just got hit by a leech mine! Plasma drive is sapped (-5 speed) - we've picked up two raiders!

https://i.imgur.com/FUqpthe.gif

Repelling attack shuttles from the stern, one raider is right behind us and the other is 8 VU's out and closing. No shots landed yet.

https://i.imgur.com/TXET9mR.png

In addition to the actions available to unhospitalized explorers, the crew may take 3 actions, one for every 10 in competency.

Xenopax
2017-12-21, 06:04 PM
in my professional opinion I think you should open fire. Burn the heretic!

PotatoGolem
2017-12-21, 10:29 PM
Gunnery crews! Prepare to fire!
Pick your shots carefully, lads- we have one volley before they realize we're not so harmless after all. Concentrate fire on the closer ship, and prepare boarding shuttles. Give them hell, for Absalom and the Emperor!

AFB, so I don't have the exact rules,
but I'm using anything I can that increases to-hit on our best guns, including my free-action class feature. If there's no full/half actions I can take to motivate the gunners, I'll motivate the boarders

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-22, 01:31 AM
Rufius' eyes drift to the chainsword in his hand - then back to the ships on-screen in the CIC.

This isn't going to be particularly useful in ship to ship combat, he reasons. Correctly.

M'Lord, perhaps I should join the boarders? Unless you want me to call them and extoll the virtues of the God-Emperor and the sanctity of a pure mind, there's little else I can do.

I have no idea how ship combat works. But lacking a lance battery, I'm more than willing to use harsh language as my emergency weapon of choice.

Hypersmith
2017-12-22, 07:14 AM
Ralosen strides into to the bridge in a rush, taking note of the chainsword wielding Rufius. He quickly locates Quinn and issues him an order. The boarding men will be accompanied by my grapplehawk. I will be conducting a preliminary scouting with them. Should anything important come up, the hawk shall retrieve it.

He turns to the command throne, nodding to Mecharius. I have yet to communicate with the machine spirit of the Emperors Scrutiny. I will not disrespect it by interfacing directly only to battle.

Xenopax
2017-12-22, 09:54 AM
Nemo is still lying down on the infirmary bed. He tries to wake himself up. Or at least unleash latent psyker powers he didn't know he had and communicate with the others.

take my Eviscerator Nemo don't care.
Is there a roll for waking up?
I know Nemo will be in extreme pain but at least he can be aware of his surroundings. and maybe shoot a gun at anyone who comes close. (I won't take penalty for my eyeblasts right?)
Also for the record I rolled an 80 but I screwed up while altering my post so it got deleted.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-22, 10:05 AM
Splendid thinking, gentlemen.
I'm sure your presence at the front of the boarding parties will inspire the men, and the hawk may prove very useful. I shall remain on the bridge to direct our crew. Vox me if you discover aught of import or need evacuation.

Xenopax
2017-12-22, 10:05 AM
Nemo manages to wake himself up through pure force of will. While he is still coherent he calls out to Rufius.
Rufius, To make it easier for you to bring the emperor's Justice upon those heathens you may use my Eviscerator.
He then turns to the nearest doctor.
Bring me my gun. And don't even think about pumping anymore morphine in me.

How does my vision work with my eye? am I half staring at the floor or can I not see out of it? also is the robot eye dangling or the natural one?

Kaptin Keen
2017-12-22, 03:52 PM
Ooo - Eviscerator!

As Rufius' hands close around the extended hilt of the huge weapon, zeal begins to banish doubt. He strides off to join the boarders, cloak borne upon a wind unfelt by others. His tired, blodshot eyes turn suddenly to tempered steel, and the lines on his face seem to radiate determination and conviction - rather than just lack of rest and serotonin depletion.

Perhaps he feels it happen. Perhaps some sane, conscious part of his brain recoils in fear as the rest of his mind rides off into battle on a surge of adrenaline and mad faith. Perhaps. But as the rest of the command crew watch him leave, he mumbles quietly - to himself, or the universe, or no one in particular:

And before His light they shall fall as wheat before the scythe. Each of His warriors shall be His will manifest, and none shall stand before them. There shall be a reaping such as .... His voice fades as he rounds a corner.

PotatoGolem
2017-12-23, 06:13 PM
Damn good missionary, that one.
Full of the god-emperor's zeal. Bloody good example for the men. I only hope we can find enough Xenos and daemons to slay to keep him happy. He was looking a bit green around the gills stuck in the warp with nothing to slay.

Hypersmith
2017-12-23, 08:36 PM
Ralosen, in his wide seat once more, watches the spectacle with I'm passionate eyes. He shakes his head at Mecharius' words. Such odd sentiments. All land has to offer pales in comparison to the warp.

Xenopax
2017-12-25, 02:43 AM
Nemo begins a conversation with the Doctor near him. He asks her/him "What is happening to the ship? Why are we being attacked? Is Lord machirus safe? How soon will I be combat ready? What would be the consequences if I got the surgery now without anesthesia?"

ribblle
2018-01-02, 02:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Zj5lqM1.gif

Quin whips away from the readout.

"Sir it's not that easy! The engines are too drained to change our facing and our guns can't be brought to bear. If you don't disturb the machine spirits there will be none."

Below in the surgery;

"Quiet! Any more sudden movements and we'll have to spend another week reattaching that eye. We are under attack by raiders and we cannot rush this surgery! We've brought your pistol, and a Vox to the captain and crew. The latter will be much more useful."

Nemo can't see out of it and yes in-diddly-do his natural eye is hanging out.

Meanwhile...

https://i.imgur.com/qoTt6C1.gif

[roll0]≤30
[roll1]≤26 vs [roll2]≤30

Rufius's shuttle remains locked in dogfighting, unable to close.

PotatoGolem
2018-01-02, 04:31 PM
Sub-optimal indeed. Fortunately, they should not have realized we're armed yet. Explorator, could you please see whether you can rouse the spirits? Your expertise may be our salvation

Kaptin Keen
2018-01-02, 04:31 PM
As the men of the boarding party look to their missionary for inspiration, they meet his features, locked in ironclad determination, and his gaze, unwavering. As you shuttle rides the tide of battle like a cowpoke does a wild grox, all that seems apparent on his face is impatience to whet the razor teeth of his new (borrowed) Eviscerator on the yielding mortal flesh of his foe-men. If men they can be rightly called, ungodly dogs that they are.

Teabag. Tissue thin, thinks Rufius to himself, his entire being frozen in terror. All that separates me from the merciless, endless void is this box, this teabag, it's frail hull a laughable defense against the las batteries and missiles of our enemies. Or our friends, for in this mess, who's to say which of the two will hit us first?

And should we, by some unimaginable miracle, survive to board the enemy ship - well, then we few shall stand against the gathered might of that ship, hundreds if not thousands of crew ready to slaughter us.

But still ... somewhere inside ... that other voice. The voice that sings, boldly, of blood and gore and glory. It's the voice the boarding crew hear when he speaks. Sadly, it's the other voice that Rufius hears.

Hypersmith
2018-01-02, 05:07 PM
Ralosen has already made his concerns known, and so he does not tarry in his duties. His right arm dips beneath his red robes as he stands, and emerges a moment later with a wire for interfacing with the ship. He walks up to the control panel ahead of him, and in a moment of reverence, he lifts the connection before him and chants as he begins the connection.

"The soul of the Machine God surrounds thee.
The power of the Machine God invests thee.
The hate of the Machine God drives thee.
The Machine God endows thee with life.
Live!"

With this litany of ignition, he falls silent, seeing into the mind of the ship in which he stands. His eye glazes over as he peers beyond. Within that domain of steel, both alien and familiar, before the pride of something so ancient he can barely comprehend, he kneels and pleads with the entity.

"We are in need. Those who would commit heresy all but knock upon your door.
You play sheep so well as to fool your own crew. Will you now bare your fangs?"

[roll0] vs 44. Communication attempt. (Tech use?)

Xenopax
2018-01-02, 08:12 PM
"Very well. I shall stay seated." He opens a vox link with Machirus "Lord captain what is happening? I hear tell that we are under attack!"

PotatoGolem
2018-01-04, 11:35 PM
Yes, we do seem to be in a spot of bother, old bean. Some raiders have attacked us, we've lost most of our power, and we can't turn or aim the guns. Dreadfully inconvenient, if I do say so myself. Very inconsiderate of them, using mines. Not sportsmanlike at all. Not to fret, though- the explorator is fixing things as we speak. Doing a marvelous job of cajoling the spirits. Heartening to have a man of such faith and talents around, indeed.

Hypersmith
2018-01-07, 08:53 AM
On the bridge, Ralosen remains standing still, his one eye half-closed, staring blankly outwards into the void. The captains words ring hollowly through his conscious, barely registering in his trance.

Within the metallic landscape that is the soul of the ship, Ralosen tenses at the lack of a reply. Still kneeling, he raises his head and speaks once more, the sacred metal that was his voice seeking to galvanize the ship into action. "We fellow servants of the Omnissiah bend to his will. To fold to the will of these lost is to lose sight of the Quest."

Ralosen pushes against the collective body of the spirit before him, bending the steel around him with his burning soul, his essence of service to the Machine. "We hold the spark that guards belief, the flame that lights the void." He feels his imperfect flesh roil in involuntary reaction to his boldness. "Oh ancient soul! I hold my ritual duty sacred. Once more, 'Smite those that disbelieve, for they have turned from the light and fallen.'"

He pushes the steel that gives him voice to chant the familiar incantations of battle in the hope that the spirit will fight once more.

In the reality of the bridge, his tinny voice recreates the words of the incantation, the sound lost in the organized chaos.

[roll0] vs 44.

Xenopax
2018-01-07, 09:03 AM
Yes, we do seem to be in a spot of bother, old bean. Some raiders have attacked us, we've lost most of our power, and we can't turn or aim the guns. Dreadfully inconvenient, if I do say so myself. Very inconsiderate of them, using mines. Not sportsmanlike at all. Not to fret, though- the explorator is fixing things as we speak. Doing a marvelous job of cajoling the spirits. Heartening to have a man of such faith and talents around, indeed.

My apologies for not being with the boarding party or near to guard the ship but my eye is hanging out and the Surgeon refuses to let me get up. I gave my Eviscerator to Rufius so he may make better use of it than I can.