PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Abyss - Neverlight Grove advice

Falcon X
2017-11-25, 12:57 PM
I am DMing and my party is about to walk into the Neverlight Grove. They have taken it upon themselves to collect and protect NPCs, so Sarith, Stool, Rumpadump, and many more are still with them.
I also have two players who can fly invisibly.

Questions:
1. Having a flying PC scout in the party, how would you handle the Garden of Welcome if they send her in ahead as soon as the enter the Grove? Would you go ahead and have the scout experience all the rehearsals? Is there anything she could see that she would call the rest of the party to join her there with her? Other thoughts?
2. If they talk a whole Mycanoid Circle or more into traveling with them to Blingdenstone, any advice on travel and reception in that city?
3. Other advice for the Grove? What have you planned for it that has worked.
4. What surprises have players pulled out on you in this location.

Thank you!

Other notes on my party if you like specifics:
- Eldeth is crippled now, via the cult of Buppido. Also has been flirting with our fighter.
- Flyer is a PC Sprite Barbarian with a familiar link to the wizard.
- The PC bard sees two versions of everything: one normal and one dying grotesquely. It is also about time I gave her a magical item.
- They have a rocktopus with the mind of a surfer teenager. They also have 6 rock lobsters. They might start a band.
- one player is a possessor devil.
- Derendil has a red dragon egg in a barrel attached to his back.