PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5e I killed my PC and need help to make new one. Edit: I have a week

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-11-25, 01:16 PM
Hello guys :)

I was trying to steal an artifact from Vecna and died(Oops) and I am trying to make a new PC.

LV 3
LA +1 (I am thinking on Draconic)
Warforge???
Flaws:
Love of nature
Pride of Arms or Metal Intolerance
32 Point buy
all 3.5E
Mid-Optimization

I want to play a Crusader.

feats:
Power Attack, Extra Granted Maneuver, Combat Reflexes, Adamantine Body

STANCE:
1 Martial Spirit Devoted Spirit
1 Leading the Charge White Raven

MANEUVER:
1 Crusader's Strike Devoted Spirit
1 Vanguard Strike Devoted Spirit
1 Leading the Attack White Raven
1 Charging Minotaur Stone Dragon
1 Stone Bones -> 2 Mountain Hammer Stone Dragon(at level 4)
2 Tactical Strike White Raven

Goaty14
2017-11-25, 06:28 PM
...What?

Ok so you want to play a crusader and... what exactly?

All of your stats are listed and you look like you have everything planned out, so is there anything that you need help with...?

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-11-25, 07:57 PM
...What?

Ok so you want to play a crusader and... what exactly?

All of your stats are listed and you look like you have everything planned out, so is there anything that you need help with...?

I think I was in a under so much stress I didn't notice I made everything, now it is already after the game for this week.

I really don't know way I was asking for help.

Calthropstu
2017-11-25, 08:54 PM
18 int, 16 cha, 7 in everything else with goblin for race.
Your gm will never see it coming: worst crusader ever.

ATHATH
2017-11-25, 10:04 PM
18 int, 16 cha, 7 in everything else with goblin for race.
Your gm will never see it coming: worst crusader ever.
Use your 16 CHA to convince everyone that you're actually the best crusader ever!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-11-25, 11:40 PM
Warforged benefit greatly from Dragonborn of Bahamut, you keep your original type and subtype(s) so you'll still have all the living construct traits and can still get Adamantine Body. Go with the Heart aspect for a breath attack and take Entangling Exhalation so it debuffs your opponents. Keeping your enemies entangled slows their movement and it also deals damage every round, making them extremely unlikely to bypass the tanky character who's inflicting that on them to reach softer PCs. This allows you to effectively tank the enemies without using some kind of MMO taunt/aggro mechanics that break suspension of disbelief.

For your +1 LA, I'd recommend Mineral Warrior (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e), which gets you +3 natural armor, Dr 8/Adamantine, a burrow speed, +2 Str, +4 Con, -2 Int, Wis, Cha. You don't need high mental stats for a Crusader, Cha is nice to have but 12 or 14 is plenty. The added AC and DR is amazing for a tanky character, and that's probably the best +1 LA a physical combat character can take. This is an acquired template so you can gain it after Dragonborn if going that route so you'll get to keep everything this grants.

I'd drop Power Attack and Combat Reflexes to take Entangling Exhalation and either Stone Power or Shield Specialization (and later Shield Ward, PH2). Use your natural slam attack that adds 1.5x Str to damage with a heavy shield, you can't full attack with it but you should be using a martial strike or a breath attack every round anyway.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-11-26, 12:44 AM
Warforged benefit greatly from Dragonborn of Bahamut, you keep your original type and subtype(s) so you'll still have all the living construct traits and can still get Adamantine Body. Go with the Heart aspect for a breath attack and take Entangling Exhalation so it debuffs your opponents. Keeping your enemies entangled slows their movement and it also deals damage every round, making them extremely unlikely to bypass the tanky character who's inflicting that on them to reach softer PCs. This allows you to effectively tank the enemies without using some kind of MMO taunt/aggro mechanics that break suspension of disbelief.

For your +1 LA, I'd recommend Mineral Warrior (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e), which gets you +3 natural armor, Dr 8/Adamantine, a burrow speed, +2 Str, +4 Con, -2 Int, Wis, Cha. You don't need high mental stats for a Crusader, Cha is nice to have but 12 or 14 is plenty. The added AC and DR is amazing for a tanky character, and that's probably the best +1 LA a physical combat character can take. This is an acquired template so you can gain it after Dragonborn if going that route so you'll get to keep everything this grants.

I'd drop Power Attack and Combat Reflexes to take Entangling Exhalation and either Stone Power or Shield Specialization (and later Shield Ward, PH2). Use your natural slam attack that adds 1.5x Str to damage with a heavy shield, you can't full attack with it but you should be using a martial strike or a breath attack every round anyway.

Some information:
I am the GM, for 4 meetings a player is DMing because I need to rest.

I ban Mineral Warrior as it to strong to the table.

I will think on changing to Dragonborn but I will need to choose an LA+1 template(and I am a warforge, a little trip to the forge and every template is acquired template, just rebuild yourself).

I will never use a shield because I don't like it, maybe the 3 morning stars with a tail holding one.

Edit:
The
Heart aspect for a breath attack and take Entangling Exhalation so it debuffs your opponents look good

I think I will look for an LA+1 template that give me a tail.

ATHATH
2017-11-26, 01:31 AM
There's a feat that gives you a tail attack, IIRC.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-11-26, 01:47 AM
There's a feat that gives you a tail attack, IIRC.

I know, the problem is that I don't have enough feat to do what I want and if I get 1 LA for free I will like to use it to save a feat.

Edit:
I am looking at Three Mountains again ant it take a lot of feats, maybe I will not be able to do it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-11-26, 02:30 AM
With Dragonborn of Bahamut you can take the feat Dragon Tale in Races of the Dragon, and with that you can take the feat Prehensile Tail in Savage Species to use it to wield a weapon. But that's just two more feats you'll need to get to pull that off.

Three Mountains is pretty bad if you're not TWF, even with ways to get extra attacks like the Mongoose boosts and/or Speed weapons or someone casting Haste it's not great. If you want to go that route start out Warblade 1/ Fighter 2 with Wolf Fang Strike. Take TWF, Oversize Two-Weapon Fighting, and the stuff required for Three Mountains, and keep taking Warblade levels. You'll need a decent Dex for TWF so Adamantine Body is probably out.

Quasilycanthrope (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a) is +1 LA and gets you DR 10/Silver, plus you can have cat ears/tail or similar or lizard scales or feathers or something if you're into that. This can give you the needed tail to get Prehensile Tail though, so saves you a feat.

Lolth-Touched in MMIV is a +1 LA, but it's probably more powerful than Mineral Warrior. +6 Str, +6 Con, +4 Hide and Move Silently, and immunity to fear. It changes your alignment to CE when you gain it, but it doesn't say it has to stay that way.

Blooded One in Unapproachable East is another strong +1 LA template, but it can only be applied to humanoids. That gives +2 Str, +4 Con, -2 Int, +2 natural armor, a War Cry special attack, and Combat Reflexes for free.

Race of Earth (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#racesOfEarth) in UA is technically +0 LA, it gives the general traits of earth races described there with a +2 Str, -2 Dex, and some adjusted skill bonuses relating to earth and stone. The best part is that it gives Stability like dwarves have.

Adamantine Body doesn't actually make your character move slower for being heavily armored, it just permanently reduces your base land speed. That means you can still use tumble and similar with it, and you can get the Quick trait (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm#quick) to bring your speed back up to 30 ft. You can trade Ride for Tumble as a class skill (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) whenever you would get it, which is probably a good idea if you don't plan on ever using a mount.

Crusaders are tanky, so it makes sense to use a shield, especially since your slam attack is as good as a two-handed weapon. If you try to make the character do too much he'll end up mediocre at everything. If you want a hard-hitting melee character, I'd make him a Warblade instead of a Crusader. There's a fantastic Crusader build that goes Crusader 5/ Binder 1/ Hellreaver 5/ Crusader 9, Binder is for Naberius for fast ability healing since Hellreaver uses Con damage to refresh its abilities. In that case have an odd-numbered Con score, you'll take 2 Con damage when you use that ability and you'll heal 1 point the same round, so you'll only be down by 1 Con for one round, so with an odd-numbered stat your modifier won't change. That build is a fantastic tank that gets some really good abilities from Hellreaver, including being able to heal yourself or someone else for 20 points every round as a swift action. You'll still get 9th level maneuvers/stances at 20th level even. Consider taking the Binder level earlier if you want to make use of other vestiges until you hit Hellreaver 5 at 11th level. You need to take the Binder level before you start taking Hellreaver due to the skill requirements.

What exactly do you want this character to be capable of? You probably can't do it at 3rd level, but it's something you can work toward.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-11-26, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=Biffoniacus_Furiou;22604091] A cut/QUOTE]

I was thinking about using White Raven to buff my party and Devoted Spirit to heal.

I was thinking about adding some AOO focus as secondary.

If I will go Three Mountains I will use TWF but I will go back to DMing at level 7 so I don't think I will have the time(I will not play him as a DM).

I didn't have the time to look into it and I will not have time for it today but I don't think I have enough feats.

Quasilycanthrope and Lolth-Touched are also in the ban list together with white dragonspawn, Half-Minotaur(I allow it to one player as he was the only mundane PC).

The Hellreaver will not fit as I am the only G in the party.