View Full Version : DM Help Dragonlance Campaign Advice

NTwAin
2017-11-25, 01:39 PM
Hey y'all,

I'm looking to run a 3.5 Dragonlance campaign, but I want to set it in the Age of Might, in the time leading up to the Cataclysm. Everyone already knows the War of the Lance story, and I've heard the Age of Mortals books can be pretty railroady. Anyone know where I could look for source information, maps etc. that is for the Age of Might, as opposed to the standard 4th and 5th age stuff?

Best,
NTwAin

Tryxx
2017-11-25, 05:59 PM
I'm not certain if there's a particular sourcebook for the Age of Might. In the meantime, you may want to look at the Kingpriest Ascendant timeline from Legends of the Twins. It's a world where the Kingpriest prevented the Cataclysm, so basically Age of Might turned up to 11. You could probably take some inspiration from that.

Metahuman1
2017-11-26, 03:20 AM
Another idea might be to grab AD&D 1st and 2nd Edition material for it if you can get hands on it. Use maps, NPC names and basics, and just update the mechanics manually.

NTwAin
2017-11-26, 01:02 PM
Thanks, I'll check this stuff out.

ViperMagnum357
2017-11-26, 03:25 PM
Look for 'Legends of the Twins'-a sourcebook concerning Raistlin's journey through time. While a solid chunk fills in the aftermath of the War of the Lance, there is a huge amount of info about the end of the Age of Might and even earlier, including stats for famous figures like the Kingpriest. There is also a lot of info on the Knights of Solamnia going all the way back to a statted out Vinus Solamnus in 'Knightly Orders of Ansalon'.

Akal Saris
2017-11-27, 09:44 PM
There was a 2E Maps Folio for Dragonlance with gorgeous maps for different places and time periods. You might check to see if its for sale cheap somewhere or if there's a PDF of it. It might have maps for the Age of Might, though I think it was all from the later series. (EDIT: Yes, it has the Age of Might world map and a few comparative maps showing pre- and post- cataclysm locations).

Here's a site with a fan-made map for the age of might: http://dragonlancenexus.com/ansalon-poster-map-circa-550-pc/

Another maps source might be the Twins trilogy books - they might have a map in the front of the book.

ViperMagnum357
2017-11-28, 12:22 AM
In 3rd Edition the booklet 'Tasslehoff's Map Pouch-Legends' has a huge, detailed map of the end of the Age of Might, right before the Cataclysm. It also includes a small map of the city of Istar.