PDA

View Full Version : Best pact boon for a hexblade?

Harrysonford
2017-11-25, 08:34 PM
So, my hexblade warlock just got to lv 3 and I can’t choose which pact boon I want. Here’s some more information:
-int-8, str-10, con-14, dex-14, cha-16 (Triton)
Party: cleric, ranger, rogue, wizard, barbarian
So, I was hoping to stay magic based (not really using weapons much) but it seems like a hexblade’s best choice is pact of the blade.
My favorite is pact of the chain, second choice would be blade, but I’m not opposed to tome

What are your opinions on what I should choose?

Is there any way to optimize my character while still being a chain-lock that doesn’t use weapons despite being hexblade?

Mikal
2017-11-25, 08:42 PM
Blade all the way. It lets you use hex warrior as TWF, GWF, or ranged (the last with improved pact weapon), opening up options for all those.

You get a (weaker to be sure) minion at 6 anyway and you're better going sorlock if you wanted to be tome.

If you really want to be chain (or time) then you're a blastlock with a shield and better armor, and build it like you would any other patron.

Saggo
2017-11-26, 02:43 AM
Blade Pact benefits the most from Hexblade but Hexblade functions perfectly well with any Pact. Hexblade's Curse works great with Eldritch Blast, Hex Warrior let's you have a functional melee sidearm. The rest of the features don't care what Pact you took.

Take Chain Pact, and Eldritch Blast everything you can. You'll be happy.